• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Agreed, sorry Joshy.

Also, Jay or whoever, with regards to the whole controller thing, I won't be home Saturday, but I can always leave it out if one of you guys were to swing by. It's sounds kind of excessive for a controller, but I do know how annoying it is not to have your own, especially right before a tournament. On that note, Dart, could you bring mine (along with Anthony's bag) and give it to one of the Purdueans when you see them at the tourney?

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Agreed, sorry Joshy.

Also, Jay or whoever, with regards to the whole controller thing, I won't be home Saturday, but I can always leave it out if one of you guys were to swing by. It's sounds kind of excessive for a controller, but I do know how annoying it is not to have your own, especially right before a tournament. On that note, Dart, could you bring mine (along with Anthony's bag) and give it to one of the Purdueans when you see them at the tourney?
Goose, we are actually refered to as Makers, all.

Dart!

Smash Master
Agreed, sorry Joshy.

sure will :)

ORLY

Smash Master
also, Falcon requires smash. He has informed me he will rebel my control if I don't start feeding him something other than cpus soon. He is very hungry.
Come with the Purdue car to SGR tomorrow! From what I understand, they have one more seat available. Talk to Jayford!

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Goose, we are actually refered to as Makers, all.
There's a sign in front of MSEE that says "We Made the Moon."
I think they might be embellishing the truth just a little ...

Come with the Purdue car to SGR tomorrow! From what I understand, they have one more seat available. Talk to Jayford!
Yeah ... sorry. I took that spot already.
I'd take another car ... but that's waaaaaay too much effort last minute.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Frosof!!! That kabsahashbhas dish sounds SOO good right now! I know you're gonna get burnt out making it tomorrow (or was it today?), but I totally want to take another crack at it. We just need to make sure to add lemon this time, cut up more onions, marinate the chicken for a few more hours, and cook the chicken for less time. We also may wanna add more spices in general cuz the rice needed more flavor!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Are any of you going to HDR?

When are you guys up for an Oaken Bucket crew battle?

soap

Smash Hero
Frosof!!! That kabsahashbhas dish sounds SOO good right now! I know you're gonna get burnt out making it tomorrow (or was it today?), but I totally want to take another crack at it. We just need to make sure to add lemon this time, cut up more onions, marinate the chicken for a few more hours, and cook the chicken for less time. We also may wanna add more spices in general cuz the rice needed more flavor!
:):):):):):)

'Fro

Smash Lord
I'm taking all of that into account right now, Mattson. I just got done marinating the chicken to leave overnight, and will commence cooking at 7:00 am. Wish me luck in feeding the hordes!

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Hey Jason, I need to get you into play UMK3 asap! If anyone else is interested, let me know.

edit: (mainly I didn't want to double post)

This site really doesn't have a forum for other games. Mainly it shows this stupid, "Mafia" ****. Where should I even post for my interest?

'Fro

Smash Lord
I will go ahead and post this now for those who didn't know. I will not be at the tournament this weekend. This will be the second in a series of three weekends in which my club is organizing our big events. We will doing our membership training retreat this weekend, and our Halloween party the next. Yesterday was our food festival. Johns galore.

Probably better for you guys anyway. You wouldn't want to get humiliated by my plan of going all Mario this tournament.

Also, Daigo got ****ed up in Ohio's major tournament, Season's Beatings. The Beast was knocked out by Martin "Marn" Phan, tying for 25th. He threw a costly fireball through which Marn Ultra'd and won. Marn proceeded to fail to crack the top 8 himself. The tournament was won by Taiwan's Gamerbee, coming from the loser's side to beat Japan's Momochi twice. Justin Wong, playing a total of at least four characters, placed third.

There was also a team U.S. vs. Team International 5 vs. 5 exhibition match, in which every member of each time has to play everyone on the other team. The U.S. pulled it out 13-12, with Daigo losing three of his five matches. Many attributed the loss of Team International to the inclusion of Choco, Momochi's girlfriend who plays Blanka, on the team, seeing as she lost all five of her games. It was said they were really close, though, and that she nearly beat Justin Wong.

I am done filling my time before class now.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Also, Daigo got ****ed up in Ohio's major tournament, Season's Beatings. The Beast was knocked out by Martin "Marn" Phan, tying for 25th. He threw a costly fireball through which Marn Ultra'd and won. Marn proceeded to fail to crack the top 8 himself. The tournament was won by Taiwan's Gamerbee, coming from the loser's side to beat Japan's Momochi twice. Justin Wong, playing a total of at least four characters, placed third.

There was also a team U.S. vs. Team International 5 vs. 5 exhibition match, in which every member of each time has to play everyone on the other team. The U.S. pulled it out 13-12, with Daigo losing three of his five matches. Many attributed the loss of Team International to the inclusion of Choco, Momochi's girlfriend who plays Blanka, on the team, seeing as she lost all five of her games. It was said they were really close, though, and that she nearly beat Justin Wong.
i watched this on stream all weekend. so much crazy **** happend like daigos full screen super lol. justin pissed me off i felt like he should have continued to play rufus and he just sorta gave up against momochi. i have no idea why he would use makoto against ken lol. Killerbee impressed me alot tho

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Omg why didnt anyone tell me that a crazy tournament was going on! I friggin love watching them. Are there gonna be vids on youtube?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i watched this on stream all weekend. so much crazy **** happend like daigos full screen super lol. justin pissed me off i felt like he should have continued to play rufus and he just sorta gave up against momochi. i have no idea why he would use makoto against ken lol. Killerbee impressed me alot tho
ya

he was like a hero in winners vs gamerbee, made the right choice there, but the moment he hit winners finals he should have gone rufus instead of hoping his gimmick could continue to pay off :S

'Fro

Smash Lord
ya

he was like a hero in winners vs gamerbee, made the right choice there, but the moment he hit winners finals he should have gone rufus instead of hoping his gimmick could continue to pay off :S
Yeah. Game 1 of losers, it was still OK to try to go with it again. However, after that, Wong didn't give enough credit to how much Gamerbee adjusted to Makoto, and paid for it by losing another game. Either way, for the record, I think Gamerbee's Adon would have beaten Wong's Rufus the way Gamerbee was playing last night.

Also, if anyone wants to laugh at idiots, go to the post on Eventhubs.com that followed the tourney. A poor, idealistic Daigo fanboy is talking a ton of crap about American players' attitudes right now. See, Daigo's my favorite players, but I don't defend him when he plays as bad as he did in Ohio. His match against Mike Ross was pathetic. He was just throwing out sweeps for no real reason and getting punished horribly.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Either way, for the record, I think Gamerbee's Adon would have beaten Wong's Rufus the way Gamerbee was playing last night.
probably true, but in finals i thought he should have given himself the best chance to win by playing his best character

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I will go ahead and post this now for those who didn't know. I will not be at the tournament this weekend. This will be the second in a series of three weekends in which my club is organizing our big events. We will doing our membership training retreat this weekend, and our Halloween party the next. Yesterday was our food festival. Johns galore.

Probably better for you guys anyway. You wouldn't want to get humiliated by my plan of going all Mario this tournament.

I am done filling my time before class now.
All I have to say is... HUGE upsets at Season's Beatings. This even includes the live stream that they had of UMK3.(yes, i kind of accidental the moon "in a good way" when they streamed UMK3) Though I'm just a tad upset with people complaining about UMK3 even getting streamed. Oh ya, low fierce punch to ultra a crossed the screen?!?! Sadly I missed that, but I'm sure they'll have it on Youtube soon.

Omg why didnt anyone tell me that a crazy tournament was going on! I friggin love watching them. Are there gonna be vids on youtube?
I'd look up under Team Spooky on the Ustream site, or just Team Spooky for a reference to help out on your searching.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
WTFFFF

How long is this retreat thing? Are you going to be able to meet up Saturday night?

OMG....

Also, Imma need a place to stay this weekend. Any takers? :oneeye:

Dart!

Smash Master
WTFFFF

How long is this retreat thing? Are you going to be able to meet up Saturday night?

OMG....

Also, Imma need a place to stay this weekend. Any takers? :oneeye:
Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee goosey goosey goosey heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee goosey goosey goosey goosey

'Fro

Smash Lord
WTFFFF

OMG....
Sunday night is when I would be coming back, u matt.

Also, you know about my Mario, right? Then again, I could always play Ganon and just use u-tilts all day...... :awesome:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee goosey goosey goosey heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee goosey goosey goosey goosey
LOL Also, I remember you were saying this during one of my sets, or at least something close to this, rofl.

Sunday night is when I would be coming back, u matt.
God bless it. That's like more than half the time that I'll be down there, you chob. Argggh. You better at least be up for stuff Friday night when I get in.

Then again, I could always play Ganon and just use u-tilts all day...... :awesome:
F everything that is holy. That was some bull**** glitch/janky-*** hitbox, cuz I was clearly in between Ganon's legs when that happened. omFg :glare:

I wonder who else is going this Saturday....

:D
Huh?

Top Bottom