• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, I did get drunk two times last night. -_-; It got me back in return this morning. Now for your out of town ***** to get back here for some f'n Melee!

Happy New Year everyone. ( ^-^)b

'Fro

Smash Lord
Basically, everyone in the game is lame so it's pretty impossible to have a cool party.

However, Lloyd plays fun. And Collette is just an inferior being.

So your only real options are to always be Lloyd, and always bench Collette.
I personally play Presea all the time. Swinging around a huge axe is fun!

Also, I do bench Collette most of the time. I do like most of the characters, but Collette always pisses me off.

Jay, I WAS in Columbus, but my schedule was filled because I was there to visit my friend and celebrate the New Year.

Speaking of, Happy New Year everybody!

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Actually, a bit less than that, Adam.

So things didn't work out with the tourney this weekend for me, so Matt and I will be sticking by our alternate plan of heading down some time tomorrow; once I can get a hold of him, one of us will get back to you guys with proposed times and whatnot.

Fun times will be had.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ya, it's confirmed, Anthony and I will be heading down tomorrow. My bro and I have to help my dad with some stuff tomorrow so I'm not sure exactly when we'll be coming down. I would imagine we'll arrive late afternoon/early evening.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
hey kitsune have u heard that this will be taking place? , its on the 17th tho, so wouldnt that be the same day as ssbo ?, if i can get a ride here i will go to it, i hope some of u guys are planing on going, but if not ill attend ssbo http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211042
Actually, Voorhese, the entire Midwest Circuit is for Brawl; I very much doubt that any of us would be interested (or you, for that matter).

Also, I will be playing epic amounts of Smash over this visit; you can hold me to it, fast-food destruction or not. :bee:

Edit: Adam, that was directed at my coming down to Purdue; both Matt and I will be staying for like a couple nights or something along those lines, so prepare for a ton of Smash. heh

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Also, I will be playing epic amounts of Smash over this visit; you can hold me to it, fast-food destruction or not. :bee:
I'm confused, are you going to be staying when you get back in town with Goose, or is this being directed to that Midwest tournament.
Besides that, EARLY SMASHING *****ES!!!! My place is open if we need a place to play at. I can support like 2 full set ups i believe. But, that is up to you guys. Though, I do request you guys give me a call when you get into town so I can ditch all of my other plans and hang out with you guys.

Anyways, SMASH *****ES!!!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
<cassius_clay13> so I was with my friend bryan the other night in a bar
<cassius_clay13> well he got really drunk and said he was gonna puke
<cassius_clay13> so i helped him walk to the toilet
<cassius_clay13> all the stalls were occupied
<emoti_conartist> lol
<cassius_clay13> bryan is a rugby player... so a big guy
<cassius_clay13> so he ****ing KICKS one of the stall doors open
<cassius_clay13> and there's this guy in there taking a ****
<emoti_conartist> hahahahahaha
<cassius_clay13> and bryan throws up ALL OVER HIM
<cassius_clay13> then (this is genius) bryan thinks 'oh ****... if i were taking a **** and someone came in and was sick all over me, i'd want to **** him up... so i'd better hit him first'
<cassius_clay13> so he ****ing SMACKS this guy in the face
<cassius_clay13> and runs away
<cassius_clay13> imagine being that guy... WORST NIGHT OUT EVER

voorhese

Smash Master
Actually, Voorhese, the entire Midwest Circuit is for Brawl; I very much doubt that any of us would be interested (or you, for that matter).

Edit: Adam, that was directed at my coming down to Purdue; both Matt and I will be staying for like a couple nights or something along those lines, so prepare for a ton of Smash. heh

wow i forgot to check, i guess i just thought brawl died, cuz i havent heard anything about it lately, also depending on how late i come back from my bros tommorow i might be able to stop at purdue for an hour or 2, so i would be able to play smash maybe

edit: also to all the people who live at purdue, my brother is going to be living either in a dorm or a frat house after this school year, and would like to join the smash scene, i told him i hope that he lives near at least one of u guys, he plays falco, but not that much. I tried teaching him stuff but he just kept up b'ing as an attack, so it was tough

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I tried teaching him stuff but he just kept up b'ing as an attack
Sooo what's the problem?

Also, I'll be leaving to pick up Anthony in about half and hour. So expect us around 7-ish Lafayette time.

Alan, hopefully you got a few more new issues of Game Informer? Thanks to BDubs and that little random gyro joint, I am practically able to recite your old magazines from start to finish....

goosefactor

Smash Lord
well i guess there is no problem, but i dont think that would work, it was harder getting him to stop then to teach him new stuff, he new how to sh lazer, but he up b'd instead non stop
Well, your brother seems to be on to something. Why SHL when you can up B instead? Falco's up B (or any character's up B for that matter) is freakin' broken as ****.

voorhese

Smash Master
im not bashing on my brother saying he sucks, he just wasnt that into it and didnt care, but he thinks he will be around other smashers. cuz i only see him like once every 2 or 3 months sometimes more like during the school year its like 2 days during a spring or christmas break, or not untill summer so he never played with me, and i had his copy of melee, which reminds me kitsune if u can get that thing grab it asap, then just keep it around ur place so u dont have to say "o crap i forgot to go over there" instead u can say "o crap i forgot to bring it", which will at least mean its possible to get, do u even know if he has it or not anymore?

edit: hey draco, u said ur having a smashfest sunday?, if im allowed to come, and someone who is going could give me a ride back monticello, when my bro takes me back to my house, instead of going home he can drop me off in lafayette for smash, but since he lives 3 hours away he cant stay to take me back, so if someone can help with a ride i can come but if not i wont be able to.

edit again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ckS0VkRhU&feature=related <---- funniest thing ive even seen, other people say its a joke, and other people agree with it..... i dont think its possible to be that dumb, it has to be a joke or the guy who made it is really really dumb

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I did not say I was holding a smashfest at my place. What I had said was that my place was open just in case for Goose, Kit, and AC to play smash at my place if we didn't have a place to play at.

voorhese

Smash Master
I did not say I was holding a smashfest at my place. What I had said was that my place was open just in case for Goose, Kit, and AC to play smash at my place if we didn't have a place to play at.

oh, i didnt pay much attention, i skim through posts, and i also saw the one u posted awhile back that said "2 days till smashing" or something, so i prolly wont be able to see u guys then?, besides like i said i would have to have a ride so i proly wouldnt be able to go anyways....

DracoFox

Smash Ace
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Mr H

Smash Ace
My Johns about not coming this Sunday:

I was sitting at the table eating a great big bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch when this guy comes crashing through my friggin wall...in a boat! There's not even any water near my house so how is this even possible?! This silly lookng man dressed in blue, wearing a hat with the letter "c" on it jumps from the ship and on to my table. He goes on to explain that he is the "Cap'n" of the vessel and was here to explain to me why I was eating the wrong cereal.

I didn't buy what he was selling...I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch...but a part of me always wondered why I love the taste of it! Well, the Cap'n told me he had all the answers and offered to "crunchatize" me. I didn't quite know what that meant, but something told me I could trust the guy. Maybe it was his mustache, or maybe it was that awesome hat...or maybe it was because of the fact his eyebrows and eyes were actually attached to the front of his hat rather than on his face...either way, I took the Cap'n up on his offer and boarded the ship.

Once I got there I was immediately taken aback by the number of children he had on this ship. Either this guy is some kind of child laborer advocate or some kind of pedophile. Before I can ask any questions he puts a bowl of this orange colored cereal in front me and tells me to go for the crunch! I hesistated, but lucky for me a ruckus started brewing in the room adjacent to mine--I heard someone with a boistrous voice shout, "They're GRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAT!" The Cap'n left the room, it got very quiet, but suddenly the silence was broken by the sound of gunshots. He returned shortly thereafter, followed by a few other pirate looking fellows, dragging behind them a dead tiger.

The Cap'n stared at me with those weird ginormous eyes, sitting atop his hat...I had no choice but to eat the cereal which was presented to me. I took a spoonful, and the roof of my mouth was immediately irritated by the stupid, jagged little pieces of cereal. I did my best to power through, but a few minutes later, the pieces of cereal were made incredibly soggy by the milk, leaving them a disgusting yellowish-white color, and also with a god awful taste and texture that no one should have to endure. A mighty roar rose up from the ship, and everyone seemed to have broken out with feelings of unbridled enthusiam and glee--like an impromptu victory party. It was at this time I knew I had been scammed.

While I was sitting, trying to recover from that travesty of a breakfast cereal, I overheard their plans to assassinate someone named General Mills...Were they planning to whack the makers of my beloved Cinnamon Toast Crunch?!? Without warning, the Cap'n hoisted me up, loaded me into a canon, and shouted "You and the Cap'n make it happen!" He fired and I suddenly found myself back at my table staring at a box that looked like http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/PopsBucket/capn.jpg

So the moral of this story is, don't trust this guy. I still don't know why I love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and this so called "cereal" of his has left the roof of my mouth torn up beyond repair. Never trust anyone who has a hat for a face either...I guess I learned the hard way =/...

Top Bottom