• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Interesting... I'm starting to believe Carl's assertion that my tech skill is somehow resistant to the usual decay associated with not playing the game for some period of time; I couldn't play at all during my trip to Vegas, yet I still feel in control of my game (and after some recent practice, I can honestly say that I have never had the level of control that I currently possess).

Also, Voorhese, the player's name is Broly (or at least I believe that is how it's spelled); he mains Marth.

'Fro

Smash Lord
But with a combination like that, I don't want you to ever talk to me again. My Colette, Genis and Sheena are nowhere to be seen amongst that group of yours. I did alternate Genis with Raine, but still...
Minor spoilers for ToS ahead:

Well, when we play together, do whataver you want. I personally think Sheena lacks Lloyd's speed and Presea's power. She doesn't cut it for me. I still had to learn her mechanics to beat Kuchinawa, though. WHAT A ***** OF A FIGHT! FLINCH WHEN I HIT YOU, DAMMIT!

Also, I used Genis every once in a while, and more so towards the end because of the ridiculous spells he learns later. Colette....I just don't like her at all. "Hey, I got kdinapped again! But it's OK, because everyone wants to save me SO much! ;)" *****....

goosefactor

Smash Lord
goose, are you working on your Falco edgeguarding with Marth?
>_>
Umm....I haven't practiced for the longest time. I know, it's pretty embarrassing. I'm not sure why I don't have the discipline to do so anymore like I used to :embarrass. I have played with Bryan a couple of times though; take that for what it's worth >_> (just kidding, Bry).

What can I say? I guess I just want you and Kirk to continue beating me with Falco :/

[...] I couldn't play at all during my trip to Vegas, yet I still feel in control of my game (and after some recent practice, I can honestly say that I have never had the level of control that I currently possess).
YIKES

I retract my offer that I made the other day to play you in more friendlies.

Colette....I just don't like her at all. "Hey, I got kdinapped again! But it's OK, because everyone wants to save me SO much! ;)" *****....
Heh, no comment there. But her Stardust Cross is soooo good for racking up combos.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Interesting... I'm starting to believe Carl's assertion that my tech skill is somehow resistant to the usual decay associated with not playing the game for some period of time; I couldn't play at all during my trip to Vegas, yet I still feel in control of my game (and after some recent practice, I can honestly say that I have never had the level of control that I currently possess).
you're a bastard.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
That's ********, guys. If I don't play for at least an hour a day, my tech skill goes down significantly. Tell me your secret!!!!!!!

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Lol Vro.

Dex//
Spacies need to be played very frequently. I know this for a fact, as well as Kit. I used to have a pretty decent Fox and Falco, but I stopped playing them to buff the **** out of my Marth, and picked up Falcon.
You could pretty much say that for a lot of other games. You just gotta keep at it.

I'm on the same note as Goose. I've only played the game once this entire break that you guys are on, and that was only for 3hrs. I was hope'n for my cousin to chill out and play smash, but he's been an FFXI *****. But then again, I've been a 360 ***** cause of Mirror's Edge and playing other various 360 games.

By the way, did I ever tell you how much I love you guys...?

'Fro

Smash Lord
Colette is the most broken character in the game. Most damage for least TP.

Lloyd is also pretty hax, but not as bad.

Also, four years = psh.
Colette's usefulness is irrelevant to me. I despise her character, and just don't like having her in my party.

Lloyd I'll agree on, plus he's fun to use. Raining down techs on your opponents all day long is a blast! He's also the perfect cover for Presea to sneak in her big damage.

Though if there's a character I wish I could use effectively, it's Regal. He's like the Fox of ToS.

As for Smash, I play here with Saurabh whenever he's bored of his distance learning classes. He just picked up Marth, so I'm hoping that'll give him a springboard of sorts. No offense to him, but 3 and 4-stocking someone multiple times in a row isn't helping my game much.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Colette's usefulness is irrelevant to me. I despise her character, and just don't like having her in my party.

Lloyd I'll agree on, plus he's fun to use. Raining down techs on your opponents all day long is a blast! He's also the perfect cover for Presea to sneak in her big damage.

Though if there's a character I wish I could use effectively, it's Regal. He's like the Fox of ToS.

As for Smash, I play here with Saurabh whenever he's bored of his distance learning classes. He just picked up Marth, so I'm hoping that'll give him a springboard of sorts. No offense to him, but 3 and 4-stocking someone multiple times in a row isn't helping my game much.
Then why the hell you avoid me? I've been waiting for you to call or what not to make plans.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
LOL, Vro.

Heh, and Big C, I was also thinking how...unfortunate it was for him to lose a phone and to get one 536573 times better the very next week. He certainly learned HIS lesson.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
More than half the reason why I even post in this thread is to reach 420. I'm actually thinking of making a new profile so that I can do it again. :p

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Heh, those ARE bats. I thought it was my imagination at first.

Also, Craig, I don't know what Pogeymans is, but get rolled, son.

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
Those **** birds drove me crazy at first. I thought ants were crawling on my screen or something.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Am I the only person in this thread who was not mindgamed by Carl's sig or what? :laugh:

Anyway, I don't know the extent to which Matt has spread the message, but he and I will be making an epic journey down to Purdue this Sunday. Shenanigans will occur, and fun will be had. Also, Adam, this is most definitely your chance for Smash. heh

'Fro

Smash Lord
Am I the only person in this thread who was not mindgamed by Carl's sig or what? :laugh:

Anyway, I don't know the extent to which Matt has spread the message, but he and I will be making an epic journey down to Purdue this Sunday. Shenanigans will occur, and fun will be had. Also, Adam, this is most definitely your chance for Smash. heh
SWEET! I should be back from Ohio by then! I'm heading out today, and should be back by then! I'll let you guys know.

Also, I wasn't mindgamed by Carl's sig, either.

Also, for the ToS heads, does anyone know how to make Sheena a bit more....useful? I find her combos drain too much TP for her damage output. Aside from using TP-reducing equipment, what should I do? Also, S-type or T-type?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
They're birds noob.
Heh, like I'm one to be able to distinguish between flying animals.

Ya, so move over and make room Lafayette B*****s cause we be comin' to town dis weekend.

For all the non-black people out there, this merely translates to: The tentative plan is for Anthony and myself to depart for Lafayette on January the 4th. We hope to see you there.

SWEET! I should be back from Ohio by then! I'm heading out today, and should be back by then! I'll let you guys know.
Awesome.

Also, for the ToS heads, does anyone know how to make Sheena a bit more....useful? I find her combos drain too much TP for her damage output. Aside from using TP-reducing equipment, what should I do? Also, S-type or T-type?
Psh, I didn't say that I really knew how to use her. I just keep her in my party for the eyecandy. :p

Stop being bad.
LOL

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I still can't believe how much I laughed when I heard Matt say "negro, please." It was probably the defining moment of the lives of all involved. And yes, for the record, since I won't be tired from school johns and the like this time around, if you want to get some friendlies in with me, this trip would certainly be your prime time. ^^

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Basically, everyone in the game is lame so it's pretty impossible to have a cool party.

However, Lloyd plays fun. And Collette is just an inferior being.

So your only real options are to always be Lloyd, and always bench Collette.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I still can't believe how much I laughed when I heard Matt say "negro, please." It was probably the defining moment of the lives of all involved. And yes, for the record, since I won't be tired from school johns and the like this time around, if you want to get some friendlies in with me, this trip would certainly be your prime time. ^^
Heh.

Ya man, I'm totally up for it.

if you want eye candy put in zelos that's one hot *****. o wait that's a dude ewwwwwwww.
LOL, rolled.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Basically, everyone in the game is lame so it's pretty impossible to have a cool party.

However, Lloyd plays fun. And Collette is just an inferior being.

So your only real options are to always be Lloyd, and always bench Collette.
This is why Tales of Vesperia is superior. Best characters in any tales game to date.

And your combos don't have to end if the enemy falls down.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
All that meant in Symphonia is you do combos that dont knock them down. No biggy.

Top Bottom