• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Dart!

Smash Master
if a MW figure can ever get that far lolll...id put money down for me or kels =)....we got the right tools, meaning fox. im pretty sure kels would be on that 20 as well loll. we gotta have another big MW tourny and have him come...him and zhu =).
Don't sleep on me guys... It's meleeeeeeee anything is possible

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Wow ... we should change the name of this thread to "Super Smash Battle Soap Opera". All the bored housewives of the smash midwest tune in to watch it on the weekdays. =P

Good points were made ... some ... not so good points were made, but it doesn't matter. I'm not arguing about things over internet. No matter how hard you poke me.

People do ***** about low-tiers too much ... but there's not much you can do but ignore them.

Dart!

Smash Master
Wait what the hell is the problem with low tiers. The player knows the choices he makes by playing them. They're low tier for a reason but they're a matchup in the game. Plus they're bad so if u win who cares?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Josh ... I can't read what you typed. Your signature is too awesome for me to pay attention to words. You've hit my ADD switch.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Wow ... we should change the name of this thread to "Super Smash Battle Soap Opera". All the bored housewives of the smash midwest tune in to watch it on the weekdays. =P
Sounds good. I think I've got a good character type going here: ready to be casted. ... I wonder if this will get me extra credit in my theater class...

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
ok i didn't read the last like 5 pages except for where i saw my name but here goes:

-no i didn't get my water but i bought some from a friend in wiley
-nah corey i honestly don't care about the ranking thing, if i did i don't think i'd be at the very bottom(i actually didn't know i was on there until i read your post)
-....why do i have a falco head by my name? i'm not a falco main lol

'Fro

Smash Lord
and if we don't all do our part to keep it credible, then it'll mean less than a hill of beans to everyone.
But I like beans.....

But for real, that's your truth right there. I held a lot of pride when I was a couple of ranks higher. However, George's improvement has warranted his jump above me. He turned a situation where I used to regularly beat him in tourney and 4-0 him in challenges to almost constantly beating me now. I'm currently waiting for some more improvement on my end before I attempt to go back up, and that's a good motivator for me to try harder.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
So after reading all of this... All I have to say is that I am keeping my comments to myself till I can fully feel like what I have to say is even going to be heard. Also, I do not feel like blurting out personal matters over this thread. A lot of you know me pretty well, so I'm sure that most of you will understand.

"Little" England: I might be open this weekend. I am getting 4 days off from work, so we could trying to do something "IF" I decide not to go to Bloomington with my sister.

MacD

Banned via Administration
geez, you guys have a lot of walls of texts

just wanted to say i might come out again jason, though this time i'm not going camping in the summer with peef, **** was not that great... mainly cause i hate camping

PEEF!

Smash Hero
just wanted to say i might come out again jason, though this time i'm not going camping in the summer with peef, **** was not that great... mainly cause i hate camping
wow .

Is Purdue up for an Oaken Bucket crew battle? My crew should be ready in a month or so. I think we can do 4 v 4.

Jekyll
Ice-
Jay
PEEF

BunBun

Smash Master
I would be down for Peoria vs Memphis.

Also, on the subject, low tiers are awesome. They are super fun to play as, and it just turns out that most of my favorite characters are trash tier. We low tier mains play our characters because it's who we enjoy playing as. There's no doubt that (most of the time) I'll do better in tourney with Sheik, Peach, Marth or Fox than I will with Kirby (except against wattyman), but he's still more fun to me than those other characters.

Also, no johns.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
I miss like one day on the boards and theres like 4 book like post on one page then the next page is full of like our typical garbage post mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

_kSo_

Smash Master
i saw peef and bunbun post.
i guess il stop reading for 5 pages now
haha you crrrrrg

and i agree with skylar, a lot of drama going on right now but I suppose it is good for the community for us to get our feelings out.

And I believe this was mentioned already, but the PPR was made so that the purdue smash community could compete within itself and get better as a whole. We originally instated it not so people could look at it and say "yes, johnfest1 is better than jasonvoorheeesenumbers" (just random names), but so that we could see roughly were we stand in our group of players and challenge people who are close to our skill level. Honestly that's the quickest way for someone to improve - playing someone close to your skill level. It does you no good to pound on c-sticking marths all day or getting pounded on by mango all day. Obviously, playing mango all day would do you much better, but you will not improve that quickly unless he sandbags you.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents. But I do believe the PPR is helping improve players' skill immensely and I'm very happy for everyone.

I want to say that george, you are my hero :-D when i first met you I never thought in a million years you would be this much into melee, and seeing you where you are now is, well, pretty fukkin awesome. Keep up the good work dude

MacD

Banned via Administration
jason, we'll see, wow it's weird calling you that lol, someone host a big tourney and i might come again

peef you know i love you, no matter how much camping you put me through, and you know you're gonna house me if i come out again cuase you <3 me too

bunbun too good

dart, using my real name, who does he think he is? lol

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
What're you talkin' about? It's always a party!

Of course ... this amount of attendance is a little bit awesome.

Top Bottom