• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

BunBun

Smash Master
I just got 5th in a tournament going all kirby except for two matches (not sets). I lost to IHSB and Iori =(
22 people. $10 entry fee.

Kirby just jumped 8 spots on the character ranking chart xD

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Story of my smash tourney in 2 years..

ok. There is one dude who SUCKS at this game, but likes to talk so much about it.
he isn't smart either.

after GT smash tourney was announced, that guy - The Great kazoo, or something like that - attracted/invited other 'GOOD' players OUT OF GEORGIA TECH.

Fullmetal, Ryaku and Soft for melee, and some other people who i don't know but pretty good in Brawl.

my friend invited SleepyK. he is ok, but SleepyK in GT smash tourney? that shiz is tough.

so my initial plan of trashing noobs with stupid characters AUTOMATICALLY FAILED.

and, fawking TOs are SO fawking DUMB, they don't know how to do things right.

I obviously wrote my name as 'Agate', and signed up for Melee and Brawl.

My name was appeared as Agute, so i asked for the change in name, the fat a*s hat goes
"this is how I got your name, so I am not changing it"

well, you are d*cking with my name, you dumb sir.

and he didn't even put me into Melee Bracket, so i was yelling at that dumba*s.
I got to be in the bracket, when 2nd round has started.
so I got a bye for the first round.

when my turn came, opponent didn't show up. I got another bye. >_>
i was bored as hell.

so on 3rd round, I get to play melee in a long time.
Soft, was my opponent.

I saw him playing sheik on others..
I am very certain someone in the tournament leaked my information.
he picked jiggs even before i picked sheik. >_>

i almost beat him... but lost. nothing to complain about, buit yeah. it was close.

I got knocked out in 2nd round in brawl by a MK player.
I had 2 glitched death which wasn't so fair. but it is brawl. so what can i do? meh.

I don't play this game so seriously.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Andrew, was that a Brawl or Melee tourney?

There isn't a character ranking chart for Melee, to my knowledge at least.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Lol, did you play Rayku? His hair is ridiculous.

Also, I feel you about the name thing. The tournament today (yesterday?) had my name as BonBon...
I didn't play against him, but as a team, we played against Full Metal + Kosine in friendlies.
he had a long hair. he is pretty chill dude.

and yes, somebody d*cking with your name in such thing is pretty stupid, indeed,

Rayku won the brawl tourney,
Soft won the Melee Tourney,
Chris Tan won the N64 Tourney.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
So i went to an amazing festival and got spun out. That being said I want to smash this week, I can probably play tonight as well george

BunBun

Smash Master
Josh: i cut my hair yesterday
Josh: but i forgot what the numbers meant
Josh: sigh
BunBun: rofl
BunBun: you're ridiculous
Josh: it went from 4 inches to 4/8th of an inch
BunBun: ...
BunBun: josh
BunBun: thats just...
Josh: >.<

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Josh, I'm sorry for your loss.
It feels so weird to get short hair again.
It's one of those things that really bothers me more than it should.
I don't know what I'd do if I do if my hair was that short ...

... wear a hat probably ...

Wouldn't that be strange?
Me ... wearing a hat?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Sorry dudes I pretty much slept all day yesterday...i would like to play once this week before SSBO. I have a lot of work to do this week so yeah. We'll see what happens.

Everyone please come to SSBO its the last one!!

*hopes room is reserved*

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Josh, I'm sorry for your loss.
It feels so weird to get short hair again.
It's one of those things that really bothers me more than it should.
I don't know what I'd do if I do if my hair was that short ...

... wear a hat probably ...

Wouldn't that be strange?
Me ... wearing a hat?
Rofl, and yet I can't stand when my hair is longer than like an inch and a half.

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
Hey I go to Ball State in Muncie which is like two hours away from Purdue so I think I will be coming to this. I'm new to the Smashboards so i was wondering do I just show up with the cash and then sign up or do I have to sign up early here?

Jayford

Smash Lord
Hey I go to Ball State in Muncie which is like two hours away from Purdue so I think I will be coming to this. I'm new to the Smashboards so i was wondering do I just show up with the cash and then sign up or do I have to sign up early here?
Yeah you just show up here with cash and you can sign up at the venue.

Also, if this guy shows up he is gonna deport like half of the Purdue crew :p

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
hahahah me and my entire Ball State Crew are going to come up and the 6 of us are going to wreck you guys Muncie Midwest Border Patrol Style =)

I cant wait for this and wish I knew about these things earlier. Been looking for good competetion forever

Jayford

Smash Lord
hahahah me and my entire Ball State Crew are going to come up and the 6 of us are going to wreck you guys Muncie Midwest Border Patrol Style =)

I cant wait for this and wish I knew about these things earlier. Been looking for good competetion forever
Nice, any of the BSU Brawl players coming? I think I know Masked Avenger and Comrade Snake.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Awesome dude! We like having new people. Me and another smasher here(********) were just in Muncie this weekend for Springfest :)

This is the last one of the semester so we should get a good turnout.

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
No wayyyyy man I was just at Springfest on friday and saturday that's nuts. Right now it's just me (WeaponX) and my two friends Ghost and Whiteknight. I do play Brawl too though so if anyone wants to play that I'm definitley game, I just really prefer melee for obvious reasons.

Haven't played anyone really really good outside of our little clan in awhile so Im super pumped for Saturday

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
No wayyyyy man I was just at Springfest on friday and saturday that's nuts. Right now it's just me (WeaponX) and my two friends Ghost and Whiteknight. I do play Brawl too though so if anyone wants to play that I'm definitley game, I just really prefer melee for obvious reasons.

Haven't played anyone really really good outside of our little clan in awhile so Im super pumped for Saturday
awesome dude! particle was frickin nuts!!!!!!!!!! Did you know what was going on with them kicking people out Sunday? We left at like noon but some lady was going around saying people had to leave, and I've heard lots of stories so who knows! We also went to Wuhnurth back in September.

If you guys enjoy the ganja we will hook you up purdue style XD

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
awesome dude! particle was frickin nuts!!!!!!!!!! Did you know what was going on with them kicking people out Sunday? We left at like noon but some lady was going around saying people had to leave, and I've heard lots of stories so who knows! We also went to Wuhnurth back in September.

If you guys enjoy the ganja we will hook you up purdue style XD
Hahahaha I absolutely do and we'l bring some of BSU's finest as well lmao.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman

dude im sure we saw you there it was so sick, look forward to you coming u guys should consider going to boombox later in the night after the tourny. They are sick it is ten to get in the boombox show and they will throw down.

On another note I just received the game bridge from Alan!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks alan. Jay you need to go onto the videography section look at the post alan made about setting up a recording set up/ download the iso for the gamebridge software.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Border Patrol: Not sure 100% if they go there. Check the IN/KY social thread on poop chat (Midwest Social).

DJ: : D. Text me when you want to test this out. I convinced my professor that voice activated chess would never work. So now I have alot more free time lololololol

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I posted our names above and we aren't really known if that's what your asking lol. We've gotten pretty good and this will be our first "official tournament" I guess. We're going to Orlando in June for that one big tournament at some hotel but I forgot some of the details

How serious do you guys play?

BunBun

Smash Master
Border Patrol: Not sure 100% if they go there. Check the IN/KY social thread on poop chat (Midwest Social).

DJ: : D. Text me when you want to test this out. I convinced my professor that voice activated chess would never work. So now I have alot more free time lololololol
Why wouldn't VA chess work?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I posted our names above and we aren't really known if that's what your asking lol. We've gotten pretty good and this will be our first "official tournament" I guess. We're going to Orlando in June for that one big tournament at some hotel but I forgot some of the details

How serious do you guys play?
I was messing around lol

Most of us take this game pretty seriously, but we have some who don't. The ranking system and consistent scheduled tournaments is what keeps our community here pretty strong. It would be awesome to see you guys here since we're so used to playing ourselves lol.

MidwestBorderPatrol

Smash Cadet
^^^

Agreed we're all really excited too and tired of playing each other. It's going to be so refreshing to actually face someone who doesn't know our every move all the time and what stages were good at

Top Bottom