• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Aww ...
My laptop broke ... again ...
I blame the AIM program I installed right before it crashed.
Which makes it Bunbun's fault.
Which is good, because I would have blamed him anyway.

I can no longer check smashboards and watch TV at the same time!
It's unfair to me as a full-time lazy good-for-nothing!
It's demeaning my lifestyle, and my profession!
It's lifeism! ... or something.

Anyway. The internet on this computer takes forever to load ... and I'm b*tching.
Ignore me if you wish, but then I claim the right to blame you for something unrelated that goes wrong.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
skylr, what browser are you using? It is my understanding that certain browsers (like opera) have functions to make them comparatively more efficient on slow Internet connections. Trying to be of use.

I haven't played smash in a while, been playing too much music/unreal tournament. Anybody up for an hour of smash or so today? I'm on spring break, and I'd like to shake off some rust.

it could probably be at my place across the river, or I can drive onto campus. post or pm or something and we'll see what we can do.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Corey/Crrg we are having a mini SSBO at Tark Tomorrow from 2-8. We will prolly have a one dollar tournament and lots of friendlies. See you guys there!!

Skylar, use Pidgin for aim, its the bomb.

BunBun

Smash Master
Aww ...
My laptop broke ... again ...
I blame the AIM program I installed right before it crashed.
Which makes it Bunbun's fault.
Which is good, because I would have blamed him anyway.

I can no longer check smashboards and watch TV at the same time!
It's unfair to me as a full-time lazy good-for-nothing!
It's demeaning my lifestyle, and my profession!
It's lifeism! ... or something.

Anyway. The internet on this computer takes forever to load ... and I'm b*tching.
Ignore me if you wish, but then I claim the right to blame you for something unrelated that goes wrong.
My bad .

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
skylr, what browser are you using? It is my understanding that certain browsers (like opera) have functions to make them comparatively more efficient on slow Internet connections. Trying to be of use.

I haven't played smash in a while, been playing too much music/unreal tournament.
I use chrome, which is theoretically a very light and fast browser ...
But the latency persists no matter which browser I'm using.
The problem is a stupid anti-virus with an overly-invasive real-time scanning feature.
And that if I'm ever using bittorent with an upload speed of 10 kb/s or more ...
Everything stops working all together because our apartment has like no upload bandwidth.

Gods ... I remember unreal tournament. I used to be good at that game!
Then the engine started getting cpu-intensive, and I've never been able to play 3. -__-

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Incase you guys miss your avatars, all u have to do is click "show no avatar" and then reupload it

goosefactor

Smash Lord
My avatar is fine. Its a picture is of Carl with his eyes closed in a dark room.
That is racist, Lance. You should be ashamed of yourself.

who all is going this weekend?
Don't worry, I'm not going to be there to kick your butt in the Ironman, so feel free to show up.

Sky, were you able to find that spare memory card for the 360? If so, were you still willing to temporarily depart with it?

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
It's got duplicates of xbox live profiles on it ... which you can get by connecting to live.
And in any case, it's back in Memphis (sorry Matt, I really thought it was up here.)

Also: Why would I buy ANOTHER Xbox memory card. I can't even use the first one ... XD

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
mini ssbo results

1. fro
2. microwave
3. dj
4. andre
5. skylar
5. trevor

trevor ***** with ganon!! he beat me in pools haha
yeh he beat my samus gaynon then my marth with his puff :( sorry trevor for going gay sheik play to win though. Good job getting alot better since jab trevor.

Thanks for the friendlies fro
george I am surprised you even made it CAW CAW
andre your falcon is gettin good slow it down a bit dont always go for stomps because you above them
skylar always fun playin ya, pick up luigi :)

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Yessir, that Gannon was a pleasant surprise.
Whuped my *** in tournament and friendlies.

Also, no more crashboards! Huzzah!
To celebrate, I made yet another signature!
Good thing these things take me like 10 mins to make, or my character ADD might get to me.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Lol, nice one Skylar. I was going to come and play smash with you guys, but I got hooked on playing FFXIII. Besides, I went back to sleep at 2pm since I was up at 7am yesterday anyways. Anyways, I should be in for next week's tournament.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
That's some mad carapace that ultra's sportin' there.

It's cool, Sky. I actually think Mircosoft literally just came out with an update so that I can save stuff with my flashdrive, so I think it'll work out anyway. But thanks for looking.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Flashdrives?
Rofl ... I think that makes the XBOX memory card the single most worthless investment ever.
Well ... okay ... Lehman and AIG ... but still ...

Also: Who the hell repeatedly ledge-cancels misfires!?
All that awesome and jiggs still takes him for all he's worth.

Top Bottom