• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Progress is coming along pretty well. We have a load more features and characters since the last beta, and it really looks and feels fantastic.

I'm only really posting this to say two things:
1. This is NOT dead, we just have been working as hard as we can on it to get the demo ready as fast as possible
2. The demo really shouldn't be too long now (Well, several weeks at the least, there is quite a bit left to do), so just hang on a little more ;D

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Nice to see this is still coming along, infact I signed in to check, and there it was on the first page of General Brawl!

Lookin' forward to the new demo and what you "haven't included". :p

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'm just posting here to tell you that 2 characters are almost complete with animation, and one is getting started, I may, with the staff's permission, give a hint to one of these characters, though it won't be easy.

Slashy

Smash Lord
By the way, don't forget that we have Brawl's announcer, Pat Cashman, doing more than just the 35 character roster.

brawlannouncer.ytmnd.com

kupo15

Smash Hero
looks really good and I can't wait for a demo. I hope you have hitstun and the good competitive mechanics in there.

Also, its probably a fat chance but I don't like characters who can do stuff after their up b. It goes against the value of the up b for everyone else..

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
looks really good and I can't wait for a demo. I hope you have hitstun and the good competitive mechanics in there.

Also, its probably a fat chance but I don't like characters who can do stuff after their up b. It goes against the value of the up b for everyone else..
Sonic and one other veteran can do stuff after their upB.
It doesn't matter imo, it doesn't make em broken.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Sonic and one other veteran can do stuff after their upB.
It doesn't matter imo, it doesn't make em broken.
It goes against a mechanic of smash. Notice how 4/5 of the best characters in the game are ones that can use their up b's the way others can't. I think its an unfair adv the same way flying is an unfair adv that goes against the recovering aspect of this game.

The value of the up b has gone down when you have characters that have up bs that break the rules

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. In fact, from playing the game itself, it is this fact that makes Sonic balanced. Without it, the vulnerability after his Up B is incredible, it becomes next to useless.

Just remember that we aren't Sakurai. We only keep techs like this if they help balance the game.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Notice how 4/5 of the best characters in the game are ones that can use their up b's the way others can't.
Pit isn't one of the best characters in the game.

Notice how it isn't really this that makes them unbalanced, MetaKnight is good because
of his speed, and the fact that his upB is a really powerful attack doesn't really go against
Smash, he just happens to be able to attack out of it too, which is fairly avoidable.

Snake's upB would have been good without the ability to recover again after it.
I came up with an idea to effectively remove mine jumping altogether, even with the ability
to perform any action except another upB after upBing.

G&W is broken because he has broken smashes, and a very good bair.
His downB also increases the damage of projectiles MASSIVELY, use against spammers nicely. His upB is pretty much just the icing on the cake, and he'd
still be good without it.

ROB's upB wouldn't be broken except for the fact that it seems to just last
FOREVER. It just doesn't need to. WWYT, Sakurai!?

Oh, Falcon/Ganon gets his upB back if he hits someone. Best char in game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The problem with the idea that "Oh, if every character can do stuff after their UP B, then it's balanced" is that it removes uniqueness and removes balance. The reason for the ability to do things after the up B is that it allows some characters an advantage the others do not have to offset their disadvantages. If all the characters have it, then it removes those distinct advantages. It also makes the characters too similar and removes a unique aspect. The reason some characters can attack after their recovery move is it breaks the formula. it keeps things fresh by removing the convention that characters can't attack after their UP B.

Overall, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. Particularly with Sonic, who's Up B doesn't actually damage on it's way up (excluding the spring). It's effectively switching around the time in which he is vulnerable. Most characters are vulnerable after using their Up B, on the way down, whereas Sonic is vulnerable on the way up, but not on the way down.

Makes for a more interesting game. It's the whole point to having different characters.

Top Bottom