• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 4 Results and Shout Outs

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
EDIT: If anyone wants to know why I suddenly walked towards the entrance and started rolling on the ground towards the exit, I'm not so sure myself.
i think i might have to sig this soon

warrenb

Smash Apprentice
ill do results later when i feel better.

and who evers wii i saved the final matches on can you please upload them please :D

EDIT:im koolaid not fats my bad

ANTi_

Smash Hero
TeeVee - "I never place outside of 4th place at NE tournaments"

LMFAORFLLMDOMFAOS

Prawn

Smash Master
I wanted to watch an Ice Climbers though, I've been learning them lately. Sorry :(
watching me isn't gonna help anyways, i suck balls. haha

Just get me on aim if you ever have a question or whatever.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
x-factor is moving to Boston from FL, pretty good IC's main. Gonna suck balls now that more IC's are coming but regardless, another addition to the NE roster.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Watkings? I dont remember ever saying that but I guess that's pro. Also this tournament taught me that I really need to get good with a character that isn't weak to projectiles; not that that's a john though, Copacetic is a fkn pro as hell TL D8

Shoutouts lator.

Prawn

Smash Master
Watkings? I dont remember ever saying that but I guess that's pro. Also this tournament taught me that I really need to get good with a character that isn't weak to projectiles; not that that's a john though, Copacetic is a fkn pro as hell TL D8

Shoutouts lator.
TL Matchup = Powershield all his projectiles and dont get hit by that stupid bomb cancelled dsmash stuff

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
x-factor is moving to Boston from FL, pretty good IC's main. Gonna suck balls now that more IC's are coming but regardless, another addition to the NE roster.
He messaged me, he said he is actually moving to Lawrence (My town) so I will hopefully be able to play him soon and I'll try to keep him up to date on what tournaments are coming up. I feel bad since he is moving back during the school year, so I am busy like... forever, but I will definitely set up a smashfest or something for him when I can. Maybe the Umass Lowell crew (Buu, OBM, etc?) will host...

zeppelin-2000

Smash Rookie
Why hello everyone, its bro (that kid with long hair that did it before roman).

Had a great time with everyone and played some great matches, hopefully I'll be around for mass madness or another tournament next time (thats right mafia, you just have to go now!).

Spife: good matches as always. I'm glad you actually picked up a competitive character... you seem so much better at the game when I see you play shiek o.O but, still sad i didnt get to play your link more than i did =(

Shadowball: Your marth has definitely improved, we were back and forth on that one. And the mewtwo is as good as ever, just dont get kneed so much! Work on your godzilla: destroy all monsters skills instead, imo.

Zeo (and friend whose name i forgot): Nice matches and friendlies.. you should have played fox against me though! who knows how it would have turned out... Had fun though!

Hoggle: Ouch, ganondorf...

Kyu Puff: Ouch, IC... dont get grabbed imo. That'll teach me

That guy i did some friendlies (and unfriendlies) with: You need to remind me of your name! I know you're lurking around here somewhere... those were some very unfriendly matches we had there. I hope you like my knee!

oh and th0rn: ****, i got rocked. I didn't have a second to think in any of those matches. good games though, thats the only way I'll get better

Hopefully i didnt forget anyone =/

Banks

Smash Hero
Good tournament in the melee corner

Melee Singles

1: Darc ($54.00) - good games i guess, you suck at resting now lol
2: Th0rn ($27.00) - nice job, thanks for the taco
3: Banks ($9.00) - YES 9 bucks for third place, looks like i ALMOST broke even
4: Kyu Puff - stop chaingrabbing. no wait...start chaingrabbing, but with a different character....bwaha
5: Roman - ur too good now, i am just going to get better at sheik vs fox because clearly nothing else works atm >_>
5: Hoggle - good **** repping samus, you did good
7: Iron Chief - falcon combos out the wazoo. good times all around were had
7: Spife - thanks for the housing. fuuun night from what i remember
9: Bro
9: Sumatran Rhino - STEP IT UP BOXMAN nice seeing u there
9: MJ
9: Shadowball - good friendlies, nice mewtwo. THE BEST I'VE PLAYED
13: Zeonix
13: David
13: MOP - nice friendlies, keep working on falco, you did get some sick combos.
13: TeeVee
17: Nate
17: Noble

^all the ppl i didn't shoutout it's probly because i didn't get your name, but if I played you then:
everyone else i played: GOOD GAMES

and some brawl ppl:
dazwa: nice to see you, nice CG
fatal: epic marth ditto mm!
ace: thanks for setting this up, good stuff

irish mafia: where were u lol

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Some shoutouts I guess.

PatG: Playing your Lucario is one of the weirdest matches I've ever had. Some of the wavebouncing and offensive aura charging made no sense, but that set was fun as hell.

Watkins: MM me again, but stay Ike. I don't have a good counter for Marth.

Icy: You ****ed my day up. You are the only one that entire day to 3 stock me. And you did it twice. I believe you now about not trying in friendlies.

Riot: ****ing win some tournaments. You have a crazy mind for the game, I don't understand how your not in the top 5.

And to the new guys from NH who didn't enter the tournament, keep coming to tourneys. But don't be dumb like me and give all of your money away to these ****ing kids.

Ace: Your Diddy has gotten so much better since playing you at SMB3 last year. I only wish I realized how effective grounded lasers could be before my last stock. And thanks for organizing this. It was by far the most enjoyable tournament I've been to.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Icy: You ****ed my day up. You are the only one that entire day to 3 stock me. And you did it twice. I believe you now about not trying in friendlies.
it happens, i was playing extremely well at this tournament you weren't the only one. it's not that i don't try in friendlies, but for some **** reason whenever i try in friendlies it still isn't very good, even when i'm trying as hard as i can, i don't understand the logic behind it but that's how it is. it frustrates me because the same thing happens in money matches and i always lose my money :p

just don't give up, olimar is a gay character to fight unless you know the match up really well, i can't stand fighting him unless it's a ditto, which is my favorite match

Starlight23

Smash Cadet
1: Koolaid- Great skills koolaid, i'm glad i got to pit ditto with you ^.^
2: Bizkit- didnt get to play you but you did so well !
3: PatG- lol great Lucario... didn't look like you were trying against me !!! hahha
4: Darc - Why didnt we playyyyy D:
5: Bloodcross - you killed watkins and i in doubles ... grrrrrr
5: Icylight - yer olimar is beast ... thats wat kept killing my pit during the doubles match !
7: Dazwa - i never got to play you eitherrrr :/
7: Fatal - haha gg's man, it was good seeing you. Yer Snake is legit remember that!
9: TeeVee - i never got to play you eitherrr !!!
9: Peachkid - Peachkid ... why didnt you play with meee xD
9: JJ Wolf - I didnt even know you were in this tourny !!!!! D:
13: Pelca - nice try bro, good for a first tourny amirite?
13: Captain Awesum - haha nice snake man... you got me in singles
13: JoeBot - awesome rob! you did really good in doubles!
13: Watkins - my partner i will never forget you !!!!
17: Mistah J! - haha nice tourny, i'm glad i went. I wanted to face yer diddy !!!!
17: Soma - aww yes soma, i believe you were a diddy player.. right lol
17: Games And Goodies- i wanted to play you -_-
17: WarrenB - why didnt i get a chance to play you !!!!
17: Zao- haha remember wen i said i wanted to play you... yah we never did lol
25: NT3000 - thanks for the ride!! I wanted to play ike vs pit with you moreee
25: Artemis - i saw you playingggg ... i actually wanted to face yer pikachuuu ;]
33: Sweets Baby - nice pit dittos' you were close ^.~
33: Jama? - hahah why did you want to keep killing me with a nerf gun !!! lol you were funny

In all great tourny, and the results were different soo it was awesome !!
thanks to all!!!!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
1: Koolaid - Looks like I gotta learn the Pit matchup again. You're getting too scary.
3: PatG - Amazing job getting to winners finals and repping CT. Your ZSS is about as good as Dazwa's now.
4: Darc - I probably did get kinda lucky that last match, but you also didn't do anything when I was under the stage, which was weird, and also not paying attention to my C4. Also, Marth dittos next time.
5: Bloodcross -Good stuff stepping it up, and yea it was kinda messed up that people were trolling you during our set, but they did the same thing to me vs Darc. Just ignore it, it's pretty amusing IMO.
5: Icylight - Good stuff as usual.
7: Dazwa - Finally took a set from you. You should have stayed Falco prob xd. Thx to Patg, I learned how to beat ZSS so much easier now.
7: Fatal - Stop going emo, just get better. You know you can.
9: TeeVee - See above. Thx for teams too, you're amazing at doubles.
9: Peachkid - You're getting much better, just don't get tech chased as much.
9: JJ Wolf - ****, you learned the Snake matchup so well. It's all your fault I had to go all the way through losers xd.
9: Copacetic - Good job dood.
13: Captain Awesum - umad
13: JoeBot - Ggs in doubles.
17: Soma - Ggs, your Peach is pretty good.

Ggs to everyone I played. I have a crap ton of replays saved to my Wii, but I probably won't be sifting through them for at least a week, so please be patient.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
just don't give up, olimar is a gay character to fight unless you know the match up really well, i can't stand fighting him unless it's a ditto, which is my favorite match
It's not that gay, but I definitely need to learn a better strategy than
1. Jump into pivot grab
2. Bike
3. Repeat

I just panic when I start taking a lot of damage from pikmen. Is there a certain direction I should DI when I encounter the Icy combo (SH whistle -> FF Nair -> U-Tilt? -> Upsmash) to avoid the smash? My shield gets eaten up so I sort of have to take the damage or risk a shield break.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
TL Matchup = Powershield all his projectiles and dont get hit by that stupid bomb cancelled dsmash stuff
Have you played Copacetic? It's not that easy. As an Ike main I know all about getting past projectiles and exploiting openings but this guy has TL mastered. You get past the arrows somehow and you get a hookshot to the face as soon as you drop your shield. Was just too good.

Watkins: MM me again, but stay Ike. I don't have a good counter for Marth.
LOL I don't wanna, my Ike has a really hard time against Wario D:

ok ok you and my own partner were beating the **** out of me.... darn him ... and you! !!!
>BO

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Watkins, bring him (Copacetic) to a small stage. His arrow game thrives on having space. Ike will still have some problem with Zair -> Nair, but just hide in your shield and be patient. U-Tilt should work pretty well in that match, and save Bair for kills. Rack up damage with jab cancels and Nair. He almost never rolls so don't rely on landing any reverse FSmashes. Just don't do anything slow and punishable because it can mean eating like 20 or so damage for every mistake.

Next time you play him watch his air dodges. That is the only real predictable part of his game. He almost always jumps from a ledge grab and ADs immediately. I saw you catch him with some Fairs because of that, but force him onto the ledge as often as possible, but don't chase because he's got a great gimp game.

And if anyone plays him and the game is less than 6 minutes then you're probably doing it wrong. Slow it down and be patient.

Most of all is don't get hastey. Ike can live for a long time so getting hit by a few arrows is better than screwing up and getting upsmashed. If you want some more advice message me or something, I've played the kid more than any person ever should.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Watkins, bring him (Copacetic) to a small stage. His arrow game thrives on having space. Ike will still have some problem with Zair -> Nair, but just hide in your shield and be patient. U-Tilt should work pretty well in that match, and save Bair for kills. Rack up damage with jab cancels and Nair. He almost never rolls so don't rely on landing any reverse FSmashes. Just don't do anything slow and punishable because it can mean eating like 20 or so damage for every mistake.

Next time you play him watch his air dodges. That is the only real predictable part of his game. He almost always jumps from a ledge grab and ADs immediately. I saw you catch him with some Fairs because of that, but force him onto the ledge as often as possible, but don't chase because he's got a great gimp game.

And if anyone plays him and the game is less than 6 minutes then you're probably doing it wrong. Slow it down and be patient.

Most of all is don't get hastey. Ike can live for a long time so getting hit by a few arrows is better than screwing up and getting upsmashed. If you want some more advice message me or something, I've played the kid more than any person ever should.
That's really great advice, thanks. Brinstar would probably be a great idea against campers in general, though he might have banned it I don't remember. I usually just always pick neutral stages because I thrive on flatness; but maybe I'll have to break that comfort zone to improve. I think I'm going to start learning how to play on Rainbow Cruise too tbh.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Brinstar isn't a good choice against TL. He can shark the platform pretty well. RC would be sweet. Just get on a platform above him and use D-Tilt and Dair to keep him down there. I think Ike's need to utilize that stage a lot more.

Prawn: Your ICs have gotten so much better since BATL. Your grab game is crazy. I like that weird de-synch thing you did where one was doing down-B and the other was using side-B.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Brinstar isn't a good choice against TL. He can shark the platform pretty well. RC would be sweet. Just get on a platform above him and use D-Tilt and Dair to keep him down there. I think Ike's need to utilize that stage a lot more.

Prawn: Your ICs have gotten so much better since BATL. Your grab game is crazy. I like that weird de-synch thing you did where one was doing down-B and the other was using side-B.
I'm always scared to pick RC though because I have a feeling that whenever I say "I counterpick Rainbow Cruise" the next words I hear will be the brawl announcer saying "Meta Knight!".

Then I'm completely and thoroughly ****ed right in the ***.

IcyLight

Smash Lord

against TL in general they all like to throw in an arrow/zair after their aerial or just go for the zair. I like to run up to them, pshield and do whatever i want afterwards. im small so i can run under his high arrow, pshield is second or zair and then usmash or whatever. ike may be able to jab cancel or something right here as it's pretty quick

also, not sure about wario getting our of nair smash, i use it a lot and some people like mk can dair out of it if they smash up, they can di out of it like snakes and stuff, di down and shield the whole thing, im not sure exactly, we can experiment next time

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
I'm always scared to pick RC though because I have a feeling that whenever I say "I counterpick Rainbow Cruise" the next words I hear will be the brawl announcer saying "Meta Knight!".

Then I'm completely and thoroughly ****ed right in the ***.
You wont have to worry about that with Copacetic. He's a toonlink and a toonlink only. He sort of alts sheik, but he'd never use it in a real match.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
1: Koolaid - Sigh I do terrible against you. Great games regardless and amazing job winning.
2: Bizkit - ... ggs
3: PatG - Didn't expect this.
4: Darc - I vanquished my love :3
5: Bloodcross - Bull****
5: Icylight - Will never go Falco on you again
7: Dazwa - ROFL in response to
"7: Fatal" - Take a break
9: TeeVee - GG's. But don't be afraid to play completely gay against Falco.
9: Peachkid - GJ ****** Fatal
9: JJ Wolf - GJ ****** Biscuit... I would have ***** you son!!!!!
9: Copacetic - You're getting so much better. Keep it up
13: Captain Awesum - SAUCEM
13: JoeBot - We are too good in teams
17: Ace - Best ran tournament yet. GJ
17: Riot - Don't lose to Watkins
17: Starlight - OMG <3333333333333333333333
17: WarrenB - YOU SHOULD HAVE WON THE COSTUME CONTEST, FOR YOUR AMAZING DISPLAY OF FAT
17: Cow - Yeah
25: The Artist Formerly Known As Prawn - I'm gay... no really that was gay
33: Jama? - ROFL I love you

Prawn

Smash Master
Bloodcross dont worry about playing me that gay anymore,

I've been talking to a secret Ub3r IC main who will remain unnamed and I'll be more prepared to deal with it next time :3

Also thats the last time I play matches sober.

Quick shoutouts before sleep

Kool-Aid: Why are you so **** good at this game? Seriously, I was watching you play and thinking "M2K of Pit?" Good **** and thanks for those frendlies :3

StarLight: oh yeah I forgot you wanted to play me lol. Well, next time I see you at a tourney I'll get a few matches with you

PatG: Good ****, Lucario all day >:3 Thanks for those matches and the tips you gave me, I hope I'll see you again soon

C.Awesum: You have my controller you bum :p Just bring it to the next tourney and give it back then.

Fats: Thanks for teaming with you, and don't feel bad, we both failed lol. Maybe next time we'll do better. PIIIIIILLS

Darc:... XD You are ****ing amazing and our set was super legit. I hope we can play again some time

Jama?: Thanks for sandbagging on me in tourney. The god Jama? has shown the phantom Zao mercy :D

more shouting later, tired now

xHayatox

Smash Lord
it saddens me i couldnt come. i had to spend 600$ + to do car emissions work and attempt to get that "R"eject sticker off my car so I can drive again... although im a no namer and suck at this game i still want to come hang out and bust out my shrek on noobs :) sucks the more i play marvel capcom the more i start to hate smash.... :( :( :( :( see you kiiits at the next gatherings when ever it is.

btw good job 1st placer i see that arm pit getting too goot now. and darc is always molesting kiits in meree.

Top Bottom