• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 3: NE's Apex Training Ground - Greenfield, Ma - May 2nd - SSBB/M

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
So uhh... GET HYPED *****ES.

Less than a month away, this thing should be big. I've got some new bodies coming to this that might manage to turn some heads.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Super Mass Bros 3 is coming. It'll be the weekend before Apex so expect all our biggest players to be there preparing. Bring your A game and show them what you got.

SUPER MASS BROS.*​

*Name Courtesy of Maine's Greatest Fiendlord​

Four Rivers Charter Public School
248 Colrain Rd.
Greenfield, Ma 01301

PRICING AND SCHEDULE

Brawl Singles - $10 (This price has been raised)
Brawl Doubles - $10 a team/$5 a person
Melee Singes - $5 a person

10 - Doors Open
10:30 - Registration for Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles and Brawl Singles starts
12 - Brawl Doubles Starts
End of Brawl Doubles -Half Hour Sign Ups for Melee Singles and Brawl Singles/Food Break/Freeplay
- Melee Singles Starts
End of Melee Singles - Sign ups for Brawl singles, 15-30 minute(Depends on timing) Food Break/Free Play
Brawl Singles End - Friendlies and congrats to your awesome TO

Registration for each event after Brawl Doubles continues until that event starts. So if you can't make one show for the rest.

(Schedule Subject to change. I promise to update the thread and make it known if anything does change.)

MELEE

• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. The chosen stage may not be used during the entire set.
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), are banned. Wobbling by itself is allowed, capped at 250%.
•[03:03] TheGreatSpife: i have a new rule
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: it's called spife's stupid rule
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: any time you play on pokemon stadium (in melee) you must hold L/R to play the awesome secondary song
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: if the song isn't played, the match must be restarted >.>
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: rule doesn't have to be enforcd
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: *enforced
[03:04] TheGreatSpife: hence it being "Spife's stupid rule"

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams

Counters
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:

• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
-2 Minutes Late – Warning
-4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
-6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• This is a school and as such there is a no smoking on campus rule. I apologize for the inconvenience but you'll have to take a small walk to have a smoke. If it's during tourney alert the TO's and please be quick.
CONTACT INFO

Ace/MdrnDayMercutio - 413-455-5385
Call me if you need anything, and if you're trying to make it for a specific event I will see if there's anything I can do for you or update you as to where we are in relation to it currently.

Spife is the man with directions though. Call me and I'll get a hold of him if needed, not sure if he'd want his stuff here or not.

GET HYPED PEOPLE!
I AM HYPED!

I'll be there.

I might come to this, if I'm not all smashed out after MM15. Spife, we better play MAAAAAAD friendlies at this. Also, could someone teach me the brawl metagame at this? Been meaning to learn for a while.
Forget Brawl. *ducks rotten tomato* Melee all the way sonnnn.

You and everyone else. You know what I hate? Everyone being more than an hour away from me.
/*****ing
uhh I'll get the key tomorrow probably.
:( poor Spife. Still gotta play you dude.

wtf this thread needs moar hype. SMB is the best series of tounreys ever. I want 70 people at this one... come on mass
Are there 70 smashers in mass? lol

ummm i'll be winning brawl at this
=O Roman's cheating on Melee!

I demand you all hype this thread more. MUCH MORE.

Is someone going to finally stop Fatal's reign of terror at Super Mass Bros.?

Will Maine ever make it to greenfield?

Will Ace's hot friend make a return and yell at you noobs?

Is Ace gunna choke again or will the Cartoon Heroes finally take down the Final Boss?

ALL THIS AND MORE!!! at your next Super Mass Brothers!!!
1: Who does Fatal play?

2: They will if this gets big enough.

3: Ace has a hot friend? Male or female? :laugh:

4: Teams? i'll be watching that. Don't have a teammate...

Whoop!!!

So uhh... GET HYPED *****ES.

Less than a month away, this thing should be big. I've got some new bodies coming to this that might manage to turn some heads.
Good smashers?

I am coming to this. It'll be my third tourny. I will try to step on some toes. (In game.)

IcyLight

Smash Lord
oh wow i didn't even know about this (forgot) so...that adds to the tourney list awesome. mass madness, noodles, fatals, apex, almos, and brawls deep. every weekend! god i love this

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure this is the next tourney in mass. Let's make this **** huge. Gunna arrange the tables differently this time around in hopes of opening up the space.

There may be some brawl+ there for friendlies.

People need to bring lots of set ups, I still don't understand how the tiny melee tourney ends up taking longer than brawl doubles. Hopefully with Spife coming we'll actually get some Melee Set ups this time.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
By the looks of the new meta-ban thread. This might need to be the first tourney in MA that bans meta.

But in actuality I think certain rabid meta-mainers might actually not show up to this if you do that

noodles

Smash Champion
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

im not sure if i can make it to this. but please dont ban mk

Spife

Smash Master
I feel like all characters make Link unplayable. IT"S NOT FAIR TO US LINK MAINS THAT WECAN"T PLACE HIGH IN NATIONAL LEVEL TOURNIES BECAUSE OF CHARACTERS LIKE MK, SNAKE, FALCO, D3, GAW, MARTH, DIDDY, WARIO, ROB (wait when did rob drop this far???), LUCARIO, OLIMAR, PIKACHU, KIRBY, DK, IC, ZSS, TOON LINK, PIT, PEACH, WOLF, LUIGI, ZELDA, BOWSER, FOX (lol melee tourny ***s got the finger here lololo) SHEIK (same as before), IKE, MARIO, LUCAS, NESS, SAMUS, SONIC, PT, YOSHI!!!! THESE CHARACTERS ARE IMBALANCED SO BAN THEM!!!!

anyhoo. I should go get the key soon >_>

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i'm accepting any brawl+ money matches at this tournament if a setups is around (after the normal brawl tourney though so no mistakes during normal brawl)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Oh Riot, bring whatever you want. And Icy, who do you play in Brawl+

I MIGHT be able to house you for SMB3, but we definatly wouldn't be able to carpool there.. so it's iffy.

I really wish I had people to play this with, it's so fun.

Spife

Smash Master
If I can get housing then I'll prolly end up coming out
do you have a ride to greenfield? I live 8-10 minutes from the venue. **** I'm opening the venue. Get at me.

spife melee money match one dorrah where you at son get hyped
Meree money match one dorrah?? YOU WANT PRAY?!?!? I KIRR YOU!!
(Yes.)

Now waiting for this. I actually enter the tourny here. I promise.
Liar. You're just going to break our hearts like the last times!

Spife

Smash Master
I really should try to get to this... Cog, pick me up on your way here.
Okay.

and @ SB: you're right you made no promises lol

and @ anyone who needs housing: I'm a horrid biggot and there will be no brawl played in my house >___>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom