• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros 2 - Results and Shoutouts

So Fatal

Smash Master
1: F For Fatal - GNARRRRRRRLY DUUDDEEE
2: omegablackmage - Sickest 2 sets of brawl I ever played. GGS man and thanks for teaming with me. We ***** so hopefully we can team for future tournaments. =)
3: Buuman- You deffintly have been steping up your game. top 3 placing. good **** dude and I'm sorry I pulled an *** move and mked you but it's revenge from you cging me to death at MM. =) anyways. your zzs is ugh acutally kinda good but I've played dazwa alot so don't get down on your self with her. you got a **** load of potential with her.
4: Nuro - Nuro brooo. Intense set dude. so close. our matches were deffinitly better this tournament compared to the last tournament. You almost got me on nofair when I had a huge lead lol I would of cried. Really good stuff man see you next time.
5: Kevin/Bizkit - Intense doubles matches man. and thanks for recording the finals etc. Your snake is dirty.
5: JJ Wolf - JJ my boy. close games with nuro dude I thought you had him. Next time.. we got to train your wolf up.. maybe ill come down to your college and play this week. see ya next time
7: Etherlight - Ether!!!! Top 8? Good **** man. I'm glad all that practice worked out for ya. I will be inviting you again to a Memphis smash fest.
7: Green Ace GREEEEEEEEEN ACE. fun friendlies. my CF is ****.. your yoshi is nasty dude. all you need to work on is keeping your head in the game, if you master that.. you will be one scary person fight. close matches with jj... side b ftw.
9: Joebot- sick ROB dude.
9: Noodles- fun matches. Stick with ROB. no more MK
9: Turtle- holy hell. Nasty diddy. Like im serious. you 2 stocked me lol. I thought it was all over me. ggs man. I was really impressed.
9: OMG It's Roy- ughh we didn't really talk
13: Solid Jake- Team me how to mortar slide!!!!!!!!!!
13: Riot- LMAO at our doubles match. Ace is clutch for breaking his sheild. Dude you got a really nasty zelda you were ****ing me up lololol. ggs
13: bloodcross- wtf dude we didnt play. mad gay. next time fa show. who beat you?
13: Peachkid- You need to train that ****. Your better than this placing for sure.
17: Dot Hack- nasty MK. I can't wait for all the videos! ggs man.
17: Icy Light- wtf. ****ing gay. we didn't even get to play singles. Step it up. and fun doubles mathes.
17: Omega Black Man(Ace)- LOLOLOLOLOLL where do i begin. Awesome tournnament ACE. Get 3 stoked in puzzle leauge. and we should call you captain clutch now for breaking your sheild durring our team match. you guys deffinitly would of beat us that round too lol. OBM is clutch. thanks man and well deffinitly get that MM next time. whereever that may be.
17: Dreamscythe- fun friendlies bro
25: Andee- Dude youve got a sick sonic and you deffinitly can place much higher than this. Belive it or not but I have hours and hours of practice vs sonic. My good friend has a sick sonic and we play all the time so don't get down on your self. Just get read for the next tournament and ****!

Hot Tournament Cohost- Thanks for helping ace run the tournament and making it run really good. Are you single?:laugh:

GodAtHand: yea just send me the data. I really appricate it. Thanks!

big thanks to my coach DeLight for helping me through out the tournament.

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
It was a fun time to be certain.

1: F For Fatal- Why are you so good at this game? Great matches we had for certain, and the fact your CF ***** so much has only heightened my respect for you. Good **** as always.
2: omegablackmage- Argh... we never got to play like we wanted to. =(
3: Buuman- Your D3 *****. **** swallowcide and my SD on Norfair. Next time I'll get ya.
4: Nuro - I wanted to play you but never got to.
5: Kevin/Bizkit - I wanted to make up for my loss at MM... oh well, good **** at taking 5th
5: JJ Wolf - GG's we had. Impressive ending to the 1st match, 2nd match could've been better. Looks like we're 1-1 now.
7: Etherlight - Your Peach scares me.
9: Noodles- Fun friendlies we had. Good stuff staying with ROB.
9: Turtle- Your Diddy's great. I feel bad that I'm usually the one who bars your path.
9: OMG It's Roy- Keep working on that Pit and you'll go places.
13: Solid Jake- hi
13: Riot- I want to play your Zelda sometime
13: bloodcross- 13 is your luck number apparently
13: Peachkid- Krunchatize me capn' Looking forward to Almo's 2.
17: Icy Light- Just an off day, you'll do better next time. It was fun playing both with and against you.
17: JL- GGs, your Falco has potential
17: Omega Black Man(Ace)- xD @ name
17: Dreamscythe- GGs again

See you all next time!

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
13: bloodcross- wtf dude we didnt play. mad gay. next time fa show. who beat you?
Yeah I never get much friendlies, especially with the higher ranks. Noodles mk whored (lol) and yet I played like god that match especially in beginning where I "comboed" to 70% (only at the end was where illusioning didnt do anything for me), then I lost to Turtle.... wow I sd'd so ****ing much and pictochat was gay, I was really temporary pissed on how badly I played. turtle is beast though <3

I rly need to do better and stop SD'ing, I could have went far. At Almos2 I'm confident that I will do much better than ever.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
wish i went

wish daz and darc came to boston

wish i had friends

wish i was cool

wish everyone wasn't so homo

wish i could understand what damian marley said in his songs

wish sonic was in melee

wish i wasnt a loser

So Fatal

Smash Master
Kevin/DotHack/Godathand Please send me the data of all the replays of the grand finals of singles/doubles and our doubles matches. PLEASEEE and thank you =)

Etherlight

Smash Apprentice
NOTICE:

Apparently I accidently packed up an extra sensor bar (since it was plugged into my Wii I assumed it was mines) and I'm not sure whose it is. So if anyone is missing a sensor bar then chances are it's probably yours.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I haven't checked my stuff yet Ether... maybe...

I wish whoever ended up with my classic controller last time was as honest as you are though.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:
1: Final Boss (obm + Fatal) ($90.00) We were looking forward to playing you guys. It definitely would have been interesting.
2: Icy Noodles ($45.00) Olimar was too good in teams.
3: Down Throw to Forward Smash (Buuman + Nuro) ($15.00) Nice job adapting after the first set (Basically double teaming me from the start). I think I learned Pictochat isn't that good against Snake, camouflaged C4 is too good lol.
4: Side Spiked (JJ Wolf + Turtle) New strategy next time.
5: ***** get in the kitchen and make me a sandwhich (Peachkid + Etherlight) The RC counter pick caught us so off guard, our game plan was kind of pathetic though, JJ float around with ROB and let Diddy do all the work. I think I might have to pick up Peach again. I played her for a few days and went basically even with JJ. Seriously, JJ was so useless this set.
7: Cartoon Heroes (Riot + Ace) Saw a little of your match, you should always be conscious about your shield because you don't want to get shield poked…A smash shield pokes you and you lose 1/4 your stock so be agile/run away until it refreshes.
9: Sofa Kids (Joebot + Edubz) Better name and placing next time.

1: F For Fatal ($123.00) - Snake/MetaKnight - BF=Diddy's playground, I shouldn't have been so scared of you MK on RC and banned Frigate instead (Frigate=Snakes playground)…FD wasn't the best counter pick either (I might strike it against you next time lol), after noticing I had to cross a grenade, C4, and another grenade just to reach you and I walked into too many mines I couldn't see, I should have used a brighter CP. Good games. Def want you to stop by, but this week is no good, Spring Break, same college as JJ.
2: omegablackmage ($61.50) - Mr. Game and Watch - I really wanted to play you.
3: Buuman ($20.50) - King Dedede - If only I got you that last stock in doubles, it would have been epic comeback 3 vs. 1 stock, I think I airdodged into the Ghost Platform, and then the bair hit me...Nice friendlies, I wanted more one on one DDD experience though. I was so surprised you were proficient with so many characters. Nasty ZSS, the glide tosses really caught me so off guard since JJ stopped doing that, it didn’t really work when I played Snakeee. Our secondaries are nowhere close tourney viable.
5: JJ Wolf - Wolf Close matches against Nuro, so stylish, Bairs into Grabs, too good, we'll find something against Snake
7: Green Ace - Yoshi I need more Yoshi experience (I don't really have a game plan how to get passed the eggs). You need more Wolf experience, Side B should never kill you and its really punishable so that would have been the difference in that game.
9: Joebot - So merciful, letting him hit you so you wouldn't have a flawless victory. So close with the snakes. Stop CP'ing Norfair.
9: Turtle - Doubles was so much more fun than singles.
13: bloodcross - I played pretty stupid against you too, I tried to punish the reflector and ended up tripping so many times. You need to work on the CG Spike, I don't think I died once from it, even though you caught me a few times in it…It’s a guaranteed gimp on Diddy.
17: Deoxys - I DI'ed pretty bad the first game but that’s MK for you. I don't think RC is the best counter pick for Diddy (I beat my friend's ROB on it pretty consistly but usually lose on nuetrals...RC is good for Diddy?), but seriously bad karma for planking on the ship.
17: JL- Roll less, work on DI, there we're times where you should never have died,
17: Omega Black Man(Ace) I used to play DK then found out that Wolf destroys him, then I picked up Diddy, and found that Wolf has better follow ups and picks up bananas better than Diddy :( Good thing you played Edubz and not JJ Wolf, Edubz hasn't played me enough to be comfortable with bananas yet. Nicely run tournament. Always nice to see another Diddy.
25: Edubz-Too many bad habits, we'll need to work on that before the next one.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I played JJ once in friendlies, that was interesting. I have so little expierence there. If I played him in tourney it woulda been painful.

Got any tips vs. Peach for me?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Memphis: If you are ever at your house (not school) and you want to go to a tournament there is a roughly 95% chance that you can get a ride from me. We don't go very far away though. SMB and MM and local stuff mostly.

Fatal: I will get that to you soon, but not today because I am about to pass out.

What is the subtitle for SMB 3 gonna be?

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
13: bloodcross - I played pretty stupid against you too, I tried to punish the reflector and ended up tripping so many times. You need to work on the CG Spike, I don't think I died once from it, even though you caught me a few times in it…It’s a guaranteed gimp on Diddy.
So YOU'RE Turtle, didn't know.

Ha, you sound as if you didn't listen to the fact that I'm much better than what you witnessed. I do tend not to CG as I like to prove Falco doesn't need CG ALL the time to win (but it helps).

I play way too much Wi-Fi, I ought to quit that piece of ****.

Simply to prove myself, I want to face you again next time we meet, which I assume would be Almos2? Also, I really need Diddy experience. Besides you, Ace was the last Diddy I've ever fought which was like.... idk 2 months ago?

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
So YOU'RE Turtle, didn't know.

Ha, you sound as if you didn't listen to the fact that I'm much better than what you witnessed. I do tend not to CG as I like to prove Falco doesn't need CG ALL the time to win (but it helps).

I play way too much Wi-Fi, I ought to quit that piece of ****.

Simply to prove myself, I want to face you again next time we meet, which I assume would be Almos2? Also, I really need Diddy experience. Besides you, Ace was the last Diddy I've ever fought which was like.... idk 2 months ago?
You're both good players. Just prove who is better next time you play.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
5: Kevin/Bizkit - Snake - We didn't play like we were supposed to. You're the only Snake that my DK is good against. I need to play you more and step my DK up.
In all fairness, you can't think that based off of a match on gayfi. I'm horrible on Wifi, and DKs are stupidly tough on gayfi.

Also, to Fatal: Sure I'll add your Wii code if it's listed on your aib profile, add mine too.

Edit: Oh, and OBM, were our matches saved on the Wii we were on? If so, who's Wii is it? I'd like to upload them if they were saved.

Jman77

Smash Cadet
OBM: Thanks for everything this weekend. Next tournament you got this. Work on that unbeatable Wario man! Let's play soon

Nuro: Your snake is good I thought you had that match on Fatal. We will play soon.

Green Ace: Thanks for saying I have potential. I will work on the Yoshi match up. Lets play friendlies next time

Turtle: I'll work on not rolling as much and DI. I want a rematch and some friendlies next time. haha

Kevin: Thanks for the friendlies dude. Good snake lets play more next time.

I'm doing better next time

JL

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
In all fairness, you can't think that based off of a match on gayfi. I'm horrible on Wifi, and DKs are stupidly tough on gayfi.
Don't take that the wrong. It's just odd, whenever I play any Snake my DK plays really badly. Yours pushes him instead. Although, to be fair, after playing Nuro at whatever tourney it was and getting ***** I stopped going DK on snake for awhile and started working on Diddy vs. Snake. And Diddy does fine, but his lightweight and low kill power hurts so much in that match up.

There's something about playing you that makes my DK push harder for somereason, I don't get it. Probably a mental thing. I meant to get some friendlies with your Snake cause we haven't gotten to play Live in a bit, but got distracted cause of my hatred of playing Peaches instead.

EDIT: Why does the east coast have so man JMans? I mean there's Jman, JMaine, A Jman in MD/VA and now JL. It's insane.

ekw808

Smash Cadet
lets get a bunch of these videos online, pretty sure my matches were recorded against ace i wudnt mind watchin them to see how much i roll haha

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Alright, now I'm seriously confused. Maybe I'm just paranoid but did I do something you have a problem with? Going out of your way to respond to him and not me is odd(but than again I'm a fairly paranoid person and could be crazy). But I'll say it again. If I did something to offend you man, let me know. We'll discuss it, my personality can be some what off putting for people that don't know me well and I'll explain whatever action to you and apologize if something was taken wrong or if I did something without thinking while trying to run 3 events, make sure the cohost was alright and play in three events.

If it's an issue with either me or the two people I brought to help me, let me know. You can reach me on AIM at this address and several ways through the board.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I played JJ once in friendlies, that was interesting. I have so little expierence there. If I played him in tourney it woulda been painful.

Got any tips vs. Peach for me?
Yeah, don't go Diddy against JJ unless you really REALLY know what you're doing. You have a better chance going Pokemon Trainer against him. No joke, I've beaten JJ as Pokemon Trainer when using random because he didn't know the spacing for Charizards Fsmash. Also, Diddy does better against Snake than DK.

As for tips against Peach…I'm not really sure, I only really practice against Wolf and ROB. In doubles against Peachkid and Etherlight, I was Fairing their Dair, and just basic Banana->Grab during their landing lag, general Diddy strategy worked. Don't be afraid to foxtrot away until their float runs out. I was shield grabbing their Fair a lot, except one time they got a AA off, don't kn\ow if they didn't try to AA before, or they did the Fair too high off the ground, probably the latter. Watch out for stitch face.

@Bloodcross: No Johns, we played doubles at Almo's and singles at SMB2, I did hear you say you are much better, but I can only go off what I see, and you didn't impress me compared to Chowy's and JJ Wolf's Falco. I'll play you at Almo's 2, but I don't know what that would prove.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was what I ended up doing most against Peachkid the second time I played. Floats just have a tendancy throw of my flow pretty bad for some reason.

As for against JJ, my other char is DK, and wolf can camp/Bair wall DK so **** hard it hurts. I always just go Diddy when in doubt since he's my better character and more versatile. I do like Diddy vs. Snake, I just need to be more careful with letting kill moves go stale in that match up.

I'll have to see if I can learn anything watching you at Almo's if i make it. Spacing fair against their dair is something i never tried... cause I usually try to save it for ending banana locks at high percents...

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ok after much procrastination shoutouts time

1: F For Fatal ($123.00) - Snake/MetaKnight: my peach wants to have legit babies with ur snake. no birth control, peach and snake only, rotating bed, final destination <3 good **** and i NNEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDD to get snake practice soon=D
2: omegablackmage ($61.50) - Mr. Game and Watch: Wahhhhhhhhhhh i didnt get to play ur GaW, dam finals taking long XD anyway hot GaW
3: Buuman ($20.50) - King Dedede: eeeyyyy man nice talking to u for like...5 minutes XD
4: Nuro - Snake: lol at o_o XD i wish that i could have gotten some friendlies in :<
5: Kevin/Bizkit - Snake: i played u... just fyi the way i played in our matches is like nothing compaired to what i usually play...all and all ggs
5: JJ Wolf - Wolf: LOL AT UR ROB XD. dair dair double hit nair? lulz good **** dood
7: Etherlight - Peach: you Slu.t...u got higher place than me :< oh well good **** dood, and lol at the wasabi not opening
7: Green Ace - Yoshi: Nice Crotch....EHHHHHHHHHHHH Lulz, **** roshi again.
9: Joebot: i didnt play/see u :<
9: Noodles: if i played ur MK in friendlies, ggs
9: Turtle: i played u in Doubles. and hot diddy
9: OMG It's Roy: hey srry i flipped out, it was cause of planking and crap being ********...nothing u did to me personally, i just hate that tactic so much now
13: Solid Jake: Little Pink Jake Rofl XD
13: Riot: Melda Melda Melda!=D man melda dittos are weeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrddddddddd.....and nice matches btdubs
13: bloodcross: I need that bread so ether and i can make sammiches D:<
13: Peachkid: Your such a little W.hore... seriously go get some skills and a life bi.tch and place higher D:< plus STOP TRIPPING ON THE FACKING POWER CORDS U KLUTZ
17: Dot Hack: lol nice talking to u, and samus u should stick with not metaslut
17: Icy Light: i didnt play/talk to u, but nice oli
17: BreeMan: i didnt see/play u :<
17: Deoxys: lol at ethers replay of the anti planking (he told me it was u)
17: JL: i didnt play u but i saw you i think
17: Humpy Thrash About: i didnt see/play u
17: Omega Black Man(Ace): LOL at us being bracketed together again, my peach loves little fuzzy primates :B
17: Dreamscythe: i saw u, but didnt play u
25: Wolfie: I didnt see/play u :<
25: EDubz: I didnt see/play u :<
25: SB Soldier: like what riot said, dont quit D:
25: Andee: I didnt see/play u :<
25: Maverick: I didnt see/play u :<
25: L-T: I didnt see/play u :<
25: The World: ggz lol
25: Copacetic: I didnt see/play u :< i think....
33: Bee Bop: i think i played u in ffas....
33: Chii: Yay gurl player :D lol i didnt play u tho
33: Victor: I didnt see/play u :<
33: Staff Sergeant Max Fight Master: I didnt see/play u :<
33: Amaramt: I didnt see/play u :<
33: Xaos: I didnt see/play u :<
33: Bomberman: I didnt see/play u :<
33: DLYK: I didnt see/play u :<
33: Meek: were u the one who gave me and ethers slu.tty as.ses to the market? if so thankies much :B

Smexy Cohost: can i make love to ur lungs? pl0x? D:

Billboard: Thank you for letting me write all over ur face with my slutty peach and signature XD

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
RE: Boxman

Good. It's always good to know. It'll make future matches with you all the more interesting. Does Pika have a good glide toss, I've never seen it.

Spife

Smash Master
Dood I placed so high. I entered as 1:
I took first in all 3 events!!!!

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was what I ended up doing most against Peachkid the second time I played. Floats just have a tendancy throw of my flow pretty bad for some reason.

As for against JJ, my other char is DK, and wolf can camp/Bair wall DK so **** hard it hurts. I always just go Diddy when in doubt since he's my better character and more versatile. I do like Diddy vs. Snake, I just need to be more careful with letting kill moves go stale in that match up.

I'll have to see if I can learn anything watching you at Almo's if i make it. Spacing fair against their dair is something i never tried... cause I usually try to save it for ending banana locks at high percents...
Yeah DK can't do anything, I've tried everything, nothing works effectively. Wolf shield pokes DK too hard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WBZI8_EBRw&feature=channel_page Your match with Edubz was so funny, JJ told him his method of moving was by rolling....

As for killing Snake, know what Smash moves your using to deal damage, if you deal damage using Dsmash, use Fsmash to kill. Diddy needs to control the match and basically have a 2-1 damage ratio. At the end of my matches I always look at how much damage I dealt. At around 180-220%, Diddy has so many kill moves, Uair, Fair, Fsmash, Dsmash, Utilt, if Dsmash/Fsmash is stale, deal more damage and kill them with something else. I like to use fair to deal damage, it has a lot of priority and range, its good to stop aerial play. You shouldn't really use Smashes against Snake that much because if your wrong, you lose 1/4 your stock, so I only use them as finishers., or after a trip. Which is why I usually use Dtilt instead of smashes, it also has more followups. I wish I played more Snakes at SMB2....

It would be great if you could make it to Almo's 2, a lot of stuff is situational and it just takes time to think of what to do, it'll come to you the more you play the matchup...have any breakthroughs against Yoshi?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
The only Yoshi I played was rhode island player. I had to teach myself to stop going of the edge against him. Be careful recovering and feint approaches by Shield Canceling Dash Attacks into backwards glide tosses.

I haven't played Green Ace at all but the biggest thing I've found for Yoshi's is pivot grabs. Bait those and dribble back, pick up, glide toss in and start punishing. I tend to treat matchups like, like I do Mr. GaW, bait and feint till there's just enough lag for a banana and than combo a bit and get out before he turns it around. Yoshi is tough cause there's so few of them around.

My biggest snake problem, really, is just the spacing. When you don't pay attention those huge hitboxes on the tilts surprise the hell out of you. And yes, Dtilt is ****. I just need to get in the habit of saving my Smashes more often.

Wolf vs. DK = UpB SA. Abuse the hell out of it. I don't know if you watched my match with EDUBz, but looking back I wasn't using UpB nearly enough or correctly at all. I should have been UpBing every roll and to get through a few of the walls he was creating. I really need to play smart and panic a little less in match ups I don't know. I don't think quick enough and adapt quickly enough yet.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
No we don't. But I consider Planking to be obviously banned and didn't have it in the ruleset apparently. And Peachkid said nothing to me or the CoHost till after his set was done. So there was nothing to be done about it. I've adjusted my ruleset to make mention of it, and told Peachkid next time to pause and tell me, or the CoHost and there'd be a "Plank Ref" on hand.

Top Bottom