• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I know, I just noticed the notification. I was like, "Wow! A second person beat it! Oh! It's John! :D" That said, your starring that level was the 300th star needed for me to upload more levels. lol

Oh, and congrats on your victory. :)
Thanks! I don't know if I did something wrong, but the don't move part killed me several times xD.

So did getting into the pipe on the spike maze that leads to the weird mushroom part. Which also took me awhile to figure out! Nicely done!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thanks! I don't know if I did something wrong, but the don't move part killed me several times xD.

So did getting into the pipe on the spike maze that leads to the weird mushroom part. Which also took me awhile to figure out! Nicely done!
You probably pressed something at some point after entering the "don't move" part. Basically, upon entering the last pipe, you're supposed to not press a thing. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You probably pressed something at some point after entering the "don't move" part. Basically, upon entering the last pipe, you're supposed to not press a thing. lol
I did but I still died lol. All that matters is I beat it!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So for some update on my project. I have begin since yesterday my Undertale level. (Called "UnderBound". For referencing the original title of the game and because you play Ness during the level.)

So far, i have done 2 room. I begin to know how all will work and i will try to advence the idea of "Neutral, Pacifist or Genocide run" that i have. So yeah, i hope i will do it.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I just finished uploading my ninth world, Golden Road. All stages share the same name, save for stage number. The difficulty is mild at hardest, but that's because this world is meant as a sort of bonus, akin to Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels' World 9. So just have fun with it. I'm sure some Mario veterans will recognize "9-1 Golden Road". And yes, with the exception of blocks containing items, every single "?" block has 10 coins; even the ones you can't hit, because why not?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately, I've been wondering if Super Mario Maker will ever be compatible with the remaining Smash Bros. amiibo figures that will be released in the future. That would surely add to the amount of Mystery Mushroom costumes that you can choose from.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lately, I've been wondering if Super Mario Maker will ever be compatible with the remaining Smash Bros. amiibo figures that will be released in the future. That would surely add to the amount of Mystery Mushroom costumes that you can choose from.
I believe it will be, My mewtwo amiibo works. If they aren't then they will probably add the characters anyway. Which means Bayonnneta in mario maker...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That's the magic of DLC. :)
I believe it will be, My mewtwo amiibo works. If they aren't then they will probably add the characters anyway. Which means Bayonnneta in mario maker...
My exact thoughts upon seeing Bayonetta's announcement for Smash. :D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's the magic of DLC. :)

My exact thoughts upon seeing Bayonetta's announcement for Smash. :D
I enjoyed her reveal. My two biggest wants for smash are great movesets, and surprises. Which she filled both, and I own the game, and like the character. It will be cool to have the amiibo and play them in Mario Maker. Especially Cloud to.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So, does anyone want to discuss what they'd like to see added to Super Mario Maker? Personally, I'd like to see slopes added, as well as the ability to place actual bodies of water/lava in a level.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have my next course all set to play now.

B-4: Big Mario's Castle Strike
635E-0000-011D-15A1
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHks8u4YMw

This is my very first course to implement the Big Mario power-up. There are some parts of the course where you'll have to use the Mystery Mushroom power-up though.

Big Mario is in his modern appearance, while all the Mystery Mushrooms change Mario into modern Mario.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
100 Mario Challenge on Expert shows how many people suck hard at level designs. It's so painful, I find myself skipping a crap ton of troll levels, trap levels, sloppily executed levels, and downright impossible levels; not impossible by design, more than the people just sucking at design.

If a level is brutal, because it was made with a specific design to it, like Pit of Panga, or P is for Pain, then those are alright, because they're made that way for experts. But put a bunch of doors where the wrong choice leads to a pit of lava, with the laughing sound effect, or a level where the person gets off on invisible coin blocks where we would normally jump over a pit, and it only serves to piss people off. Ugh! I'll bet half of the people who make these levels are 10-year-olds who just want a quick laugh. I am glad they have no career in game design! End rant.

I have my next course all set to play now.

B-4: Big Mario's Castle Strike
635E-0000-011D-15A1
Super Mario Bros.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHks8u4YMw

This is my very first course to implement the Big Mario power-up. There are some parts of the course where you'll have to use the Mystery Mushroom power-up though.

Big Mario is in his modern appearance, while all the Mystery Mushrooms change Mario into modern Mario.

I really liked the puzzle aspect in the spike trap areas. The only issue I had were the "totem pole" of magikoopas, as I couldn't find a way to take them down without taking a hit myself, forcing me to do some tedious backtracking to grab another Big Shroom. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I really liked the puzzle aspect in the spike trap areas. The only issue I had were the "totem pole" of magikoopas, as I couldn't find a way to take them down without taking a hit myself, forcing me to do some tedious backtracking to grab another Big Shroom. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it.
The first Magikoopa tower can be defeated without taking a hit if you use the giant Dry Bones to gain some height. I tested the course enough times to see what works and what doesn't.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So I was surfing GameFAQs - one of the rare times I actually visit that site - and noticed a pretty disheartening thread. Apparently, level-stealing uploaders is actually a thing. I know not the extent of the pandemic, but it's become a problem, when a top-ranked uploader steals someone else's level, just to get up to 300 times more stars for it than the original creator.

I'd post the link to the thread, but I don't know if that goes against Smashboards' Global Rules, but I can tell you guys that this does worry me; what if some a****** decide to steal my level, claim it as his/her own, and ends up with tens of thousands of stars for it? Mind you, these are people with very high star rankings who are stealing levels. The worst part, however, is that there seems to be no way of having anything done about it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I was surfing GameFAQs - one of the rare times I actually visit that site - and noticed a pretty disheartening thread. Apparently, level-stealing uploaders is actually a thing. I know not the extent of the pandemic, but it's become a problem, when a top-ranked uploader steals someone else's level, just to get up to 300 times more stars for it than the original creator.

I'd post the link to the thread, but I don't know if that goes against Smashboards' Global Rules, but I can tell you guys that this does worry me; what if some a****** decide to steal my level, claim it as his/her own, and ends up with tens of thousands of stars for it? Mind you, these are people with very high star rankings who are stealing levels. The worst part, however, is that there seems to be no way of having anything done about it.
Don't you can report them? I saw a similar thread on the SMM reddit. And i think the best solution was to report the stealer. But excepted that, yeah, it really suck.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last I've checked, players who download your courses can NOT reupload them. They have to always start from scratch.

Anyway, the upcoming new elements look to be quite interesting, especially the Fire Clown Car.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Last I've checked, players who download your courses can NOT reupload them. They have to always start from scratch.
Unless they decide to take screenshots of the downloaded stages and create them in Level Creator themselves.
Anyway, the upcoming new elements look to be quite interesting, especially the Fire Clown Car.
It looks like I'll be updating my Gradius-inspired level soon enough. :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I doubt that I'll be updating any of my older courses with the new elements, since they don't really have much use for them anyway. My newer courses might have them though.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I doubt that I'll be updating any of my older courses with the new elements, since they don't really have much use for them anyway. My newer courses might have them though.
Same here. Honestly, because I already deleted my Gradius stage, it gives me he freedom to alter it accordingly. Everything else, however, isn't going to really utilize any of the other stuff, though the P doors look like they can be useful for ghost house designing and puzzles.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think some of my level (The Revenge of Vile and Underbound.) could use some of the new object that will come in the update. But for my other level, i am not really sure. I will see with time.

Dan

Smash Lord
It's great to see they are still investing in the game, I would rather just see stuff actually from Mario games before the newer bumpers and stuff like that. Still all good!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's great to see they are still investing in the game, I would rather just see stuff actually from Mario games before the newer bumpers and stuff like that. Still all good!
Seeing as Super Mario Maker is one of the most popular Wii U games, and one of the top Let's Plays on YouTube, I would hope Nintendo continues to support the game for at least a decent while.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My latest course is up!

Charziard's Aerial Conquest!

This is a heavy revamp of Flight of The charziard. It's easier, shorter, better designed(imo) and fun(imo). In it Charizard finds itself caught in an attempted Aerial attack by bowser on the Mushroom Kingdom! It must fight through the armada and soar through the skies to defeat Bowser and Save the day!

As always, feedback is appreciated and I would love to hear thoughts on the revamp as well! Thanks!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Finally unlocked Zero Suit Samus' Amiibo costume. Now, all that's left is Zelda, and I can start making my next series of themed worlds (though I still would like to unlock the Inkling Boy and Girl... More the Inkling Girl than the boy, though).

My latest course is up!

Charziard's Aerial Conquest!

This is a heavy revamp of Flight of The charziard. It's easier, shorter, better designed(imo) and fun(imo). In it Charizard finds itself caught in an attempted Aerial attack by bowser on the Mushroom Kingdom! It must fight through the armada and soar through the skies to defeat Bowser and Save the day!

As always, feedback is appreciated and I would love to hear thoughts on the revamp as well! Thanks!
I shall play it tomorrow, since I'm rather sleepy. Having played through the original, I did enjoy it, with the only downside being a lack of checkpoints. That said, again, I will play through your revamped version, and give my impressions on it. Probably sooner than later.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Well, I posted this to announce the new elements, but since I didn't see mentioned in the last two posts I thought it meant they weren't reported here yet, my bad ><

Not as much of a big deal as the checkpoint update, though of all elements presented here the fire KCC seems to be my favorite. I suppose key doors are neat, but they could already have been emulated through the use of a POW block (take it, put it on the ground and enter in the previously mid-air inaccessible door), but I suppose it's neat for SMB where POW blocks can't be carried. The bumper seems cool I suppose, its physics will probably work the same as when you jump on a grinder when you're riding Yoshi or a shoe.

Though none of my levels seem like they'd really benefit from getting these new specific design elements, but at least I'm happy to see that the game will be supported further when it comes to gameplay contents.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, I posted this to announce the new elements, but since I didn't see mentioned in the last two posts I thought it meant they weren't reported here yet, my bad ><

Not as much of a big deal as the checkpoint update, though of all elements presented here the fire KCC seems to be my favorite. I suppose key doors are neat, but they could already have been emulated through the use of a POW block (take it, put it on the ground and enter in the previously mid-air inaccessible door), but I suppose it's neat for SMB where POW blocks can't be carried. The bumper seems cool I suppose, its physics will probably work the same as when you jump on a grinder when you're riding Yoshi or a shoe.

Though none of my levels seem like they'd really benefit from getting these new specific design elements, but at least I'm happy to see that the game will be supported further when it comes to gameplay contents.
Now if they can just add some damn slopes, or maybe the ability to add bodies of water/lava... XD

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally unlocked Zero Suit Samus' Amiibo
:drsad:
Why do i have to go to Expert Mode Hell Bull**** when i don't even get the costume i need? And that you got the one i need?

:crying:
Curse you RNG.
Anyway, nobody except you have finish my Temporal Tower level. Do you think you could said why?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now if they can just add some damn slopes, or maybe the ability to add bodies of water/lava... XD
I really want the addition to add water or lava outside of of their respective levels! It worked really well in super Mario Flash 2 and could lead to some great course creations!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
:drsad:
Why do i have to go to Expert Mode Hell Bull**** when i don't even get the costume i need? And that you got the one i need?
That's RNG for ya. Just do what I do, and skip any level that looks like it'll be troll from the start. You won't lose a life that way.
Anyway, nobody except you have finish my Temporal Tower level. Do you think you could said why?
Maybe they just suck that much? I mean, it was a good challenge, sure, but it wasn't trollish, or super difficult either.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I really want the addition to add water or lava outside of of their respective levels! It worked really well in super Mario Flash 2 and could lead to some great course creations!
I just want a lava theme. Seriously, how i am supposed to make a good looking Magma Dragon level without it?? And as you said, i need also to put lava where i need.
That's RNG for ya. Just do what I do, and skip any level that looks like it'll be troll from the start. You won't lose a life that way.

Maybe they just suck that much? I mean, it was a good challenge, sure, but it wasn't trollish, or super difficult either.
Thanks.:substitute: (Even tough i already skip alot of level.)

But seriously,i am still demanding how one of my hardest level have been finish the day it was uploaded. But for this level, nope, too difficult for people, even tough that the difficulty is like:

Simple

Normal

Normal-hard

Hard

Boss

The checkpoint is like at the center of the level. So before the Normal-Hard part, and for the begin that is long. There is like a shortcut that skip the waiting of the blue platform. Also, i putted secret that reward the player if they find them. Really, i just can't understand.:4mewtwo: The only thing that seem really hard is the boss, but then again, there is alot of way to beating him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just want a lava theme. Seriously, how i am supposed to make a good looking Magma Dragon level without it?? And as you said, i need also to put lava where i need.

But seriously,i am still demanding how one of my hardest level have been finish the day it was uploaded. But for this level, nope, too difficult for people, even tough that the difficulty is like:

Simple

Normal

Normal-hard

Hard

Boss

The checkpoint is like at the center of the level. So before the Normal-Hard part, and for the begin that is long. There is like a shortcut that skip the waiting of the blue platform. Also, i putted secret that reward the player if they find them. Really, i just can't understand.:4mewtwo: The only thing that seem really hard is the boss, but then again, there is alot of way to beating him.
Got Temporal Tower's id? I'll try it and beat it, when I can.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Got Temporal Tower's id? I'll try it and beat it, when I can.
Of course! Here it is.

Temporal Tower

(4DB5-0000-0100-C590)

As i said, the difficulty become more and more diffcult. But it's still fair, so there will have no Thwomp that will kill you because you didn't see it.:upsidedown: I hope you will like it!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
It has been a week since i last posted i think? I have just thought about making a new stage but it will not be the best since i do not have a lot of knowledge with level design so i will try my best...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It has been a week since i last posted i think? I have just thought about making a new stage but it will not be the best since i do not have a lot of knowledge with level design so i will try my best...
As i said, for making something good. You have first to learn, practice and see people opinion on you're level. So what i will say is that, make a level and then show it here. Then, me and other people will see how this level is and then, we will give you feedback on it. Also, don't forget that play people other level can help you too.

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Simple

Normal

Normal-hard

Hard

Boss

My advice to help with Magma Dragoon level homage: Place one Jetfire block, place another opposite timed either on top of it or below it. It's not as directly precise as actually placing lava, but it does do the job.

Spikes also help.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My advice to help with Magma Dragoon level homage: Place one Jetfire block, place another opposite timed either on top of it or below it. It's not as directly precise as actually placing lava, but it does do the job.

Spikes also help.
I suppose it could help, but the problem is that spike and Jetfire block don't kill if you have a power-up. Also, i feel like that a level of Magma Dragoon should have atleast have some lava in it. But the only level that have that is Bowser Castle. :/

Still, thank you for you help! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom