• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That could be an option. It's just that I haven't gotten the arrow tool (in order to shake it and get the checkpoint flag) yet.
If you want to speed up the process of getting new parts. Make a new level and fill it with nothing but blocks. Then you will hear truck sound. It will boost the delivery time. Do the same thing with blocks again and your get a notice that it shipped early. I believe if you keep building, you can do this to.

D

Deleted member

If you want to speed up the process of getting new parts. Make a new level and fill it with nothing but blocks. Then you will hear truck sound. It will boost the delivery time. Do the same thing with blocks again and your get a notice that it shipped early. I believe if you keep building, you can do this to.
Hmm, I see. I'll try doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Anyone here looking for a new type of challenge in Mario Maker? Or does anyone enjoy a good speed run? If so, I ask that you try out The Impervious Fortress Challenge. I've posted the code for my course here before and I know some of you have tried it (thanks, by the way!). As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I also included 4 secret objectives that can all be completed, while also clearing the course. The 4 secret objectives aren't required, but add another level of skill to complete them all and finish the course.

To qualify for the challenge, you must complete the course in one-run without dying. A guy by the name of Keiichi from GameFAQS took the challenge and is currently the World Record holder. The record is 222 seconds left on the clock. You can watch his best run in the video below:

If you're interested in trying the challenge for yourself, here are the 4 secret objectives:
1.) Find the 3 secret 1-UP Mushrooms.
2.) Free the 5 Imprisoned Enemies.
3.) Collect the 12 Lamppost Coins (they ring when collected!).
4.) Grab the lone Super Star!

You're welcome to attempt the challenge just for fun, but if you think you can beat the World Record, you'll have to send me a video of yourself completing the course. If you do try it out, please let me know what you think about the challenge. Did you enjoy it? Is it unique or rewarding? Do you hate me? :laugh: All feedback is welcome!

The course ID can be found in my sig below or, if that doesn't show up for whatever reason, it's: 1862-0000-00D8-A421.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyone here looking for a new type of challenge in Mario Maker? Or does anyone enjoy a good speed run? If so, I ask that you try out The Impervious Fortress Challenge. I've posted the code for my course here before and I know some of you have tried it (thanks, by the way!). As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I also included 4 secret objectives that can all be completed, while also clearing the course. The 4 secret objectives aren't required, but add another level of skill to complete them all and finish the course.

To qualify for the challenge, you must complete the course in one-run without dying. A guy by the name of Keiichi from GameFAQS took the challenge and is currently the World Record holder. The record is 222 seconds left on the clock. You can watch his best run in the video below:

If you're interested in trying the challenge for yourself, here are the 4 secret objectives:

You're welcome to attempt the challenge just for fun, but if you think you can beat the World Record, you'll have to send me a video of yourself completing the course. If you do try it out, please let me know what you think about the challenge. Did you enjoy it? Is it unique or rewarding? Do you hate me? :laugh: All feedback is welcome!

The course ID can be found in my sig below or, if that doesn't show up for whatever reason, it's: 1862-0000-00D8-A421.
I was going to actually try this out, but know it seems there is a new challenge!I may try the challenge myself, but I have no means of recording it, so it be undocumented basically.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
WeirdJoe27 WeirdJoe27 I beat the level finally! Amazing job on a fortress! Great puzzles and boss battle( which is pretty hard if you don't have yoshi or the fire flower, but still good) I found all of the hidden things to! Nowhere near the time limit though lol. Really well done once again! It was really fun exploring the level!

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
WeirdJoe27 WeirdJoe27 I beat the level finally! Amazing job on a fortress! Great puzzles and boss battle( which is pretty hard if you don't have yoshi or the fire flower, but still good) I found all of the hidden things to! Nowhere near the time limit though lol. Really well done once again! It was really fun exploring the level!
Thanks Z25 Z25 , very glad you enjoyed it! The boss battle is tough, but I wanted to add varying degrees of difficulty, which is kind of a theme throughout the level. If you can get there with the helmet, Bowser's fire isn't a problem. The same goes for the big enemies guarding Bowser..... all of them can be defeated to make the room much less hectic. The battle would actually be impossible without Yoshi, but that's why there's one waiting for you just in case (although he's being held captive by Kamek!). :surprised:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thanks Z25 Z25 , very glad you enjoyed it! The boss battle is tough, but I wanted to add varying degrees of difficulty, which is kind of a theme throughout the level. If you can get there with the helmet, Bowser's fire isn't a problem. The same goes for the big enemies guarding Bowser..... all of them can be defeated to make the room much less hectic. The battle would actually be impossible without Yoshi, but that's why there's one waiting for you just in case (although he's being held captive by Kamek!). :surprised:
That kamek cost me so many mushrooms xD. Very fun room though. And The first time i made it the goal, I died lol. I went jumping from the airships( like what leads to the pipe earlier on), to the bottom platform lol.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Seeing as people aren't quite ready for Kaizo Mario-esque levels, I've decided to make more casual stages, some containing moderate levels of challenges, so that they're not entirely boring. The images for said levels can be found in the following link, and many of these include some 8-bit renditions of levels from other games (Hazy Maze Cave from Super Mario 64, Make Eggs, Throw Eggs from SMW2: Yoshi's Island, and Jungle Hijinxs from Donkey Kong Country). Feel free to try them, and star them, if you like them. I would very much appreciate any feedback, including critiques.

http://m.imgur.com/a/oNZlA

That was genuinely fun and challenging. I died the first time to time out, sadly, but it was still hella fun.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Seeing as people aren't quite ready for Kaizo Mario-esque levels, I've decided to make more casual stages, some containing moderate levels of challenges, so that they're not entirely boring. The images for said levels can be found in the following link, and many of these include some 8-bit renditions of levels from other games (Hazy Maze Cave from Super Mario 64, Make Eggs, Throw Eggs from SMW2: Yoshi's Island, and Jungle Hijinxs from Donkey Kong Country). Feel free to try them, and star them, if you like them. I would very much appreciate any feedback, including critiques.
Thanks for trying out my course, I really appreciate it. I checked out a few of your levels tonight and loved them! I'm sick of Kaizo craziness and love that some people still make real Mario levels. Not only are your levels in true Mario fashion, but they also look nice. It always makes me happy to see people pay attention to detail when designing a course. I'll be sure to check out the rest when I get a chance. Keep up the great work!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thanks for trying out my course, I really appreciate it. I checked out a few of your levels tonight and loved them! I'm sick of Kaizo craziness and love that some people still make real Mario levels. Not only are your levels in true Mario fashion, but they also look nice. It always makes me happy to see people pay attention to detail when designing a course. I'll be sure to check out the rest when I get a chance. Keep up the great work!
Thanks. I've actually been working on themed worlds with four stages each in the SMB theme. I have the first world done (Mahogany Forest), and am working on the final stage of the second world (Talpidae Underground). I'd upload them, but the problem lies in the level upload limit, so I'll have to painfully wait until I get at least 50 stars before I can increase my cap to 20.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

53E6-0000-010A-EE11
Gigantic Chaos! BaseTakeover!

My latest level is up! Not much to it!, there is a story within the level. Tell me if you enjoy it, and what your score is!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't know if this is just me, but I feel as if there are a lot of people in Mario Maker who suck at Mario games. Like, some of my dirt-easy levels, like Mushroom Tree Village, which spoon-feeds you Yoshis, fire flowers, and even two super stars, have had more failed attempts than it has cleared attempts. Hell, my Ladida Plains 1-1 (8-Bit Remix) level, a recreation of Super Princess Peach's very first stage, before I took it down (to make room for other levels), was failed by several people - a level containing, like, 6 or so Goombas, and not a single pitfall. Tell me I'm either crazy, ridiculously beast at Mario games, or there are people who genuinely suck at side scrolling Mario platformers.

53E6-0000-010A-EE11
Gigantic Chaos! BaseTakeover!

My latest level is up! Not much to it!, there is a story within the level. Tell me if you enjoy it, and what your score is!
I couldn't quite figure out the story, but the level itself was really fun. I can't wait for both Classic and Modern colored Giant Mario Amiibos to come in the mail, so that I can make my own level with the Mega Mushroom myself!

The only thing that was hard about the level was the beginning with the piranha plants. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it.

My score was 000059960 upon completion.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know if this is just me, but I feel as if there are a lot of people in Mario Maker who suck at Mario games. Like, some of my dirt-easy levels, like Mushroom Tree Village, which spoon-feeds you Yoshis, fire flowers, and even two super stars, have had more failed attempts than it has cleared attempts. Hell, my Ladida Plains 1-1 (8-Bit Remix) level, a recreation of Super Princess Peach's very first stage, before I took it down (to make room for other levels), was failed by several people - a level containing, like, 6 or so Goombas, and not a single pitfall. Tell me I'm either crazy, ridiculously beast at Mario games, or there are people who genuinely suck at side scrolling Mario platformers.
Yes you're right, alot of Mario Maker user tend to be kid or casual that have never played a Mario game before. The exemple you give is a very good one. I mean, in some of my level. Some people have actually die on the begin where the only thing that was here was like a Goomba or a Koopa. Heck, even my easy level like Forest Maze. Alot of people have die where the danger was like just a single Wiggler or just 2 Goomba where you have alot of space to dodge them. (But this level is still my most popular level.) People should really pay attention when they playing. Or just play some Mario game like the New one for being sure to use jump button.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yes you're right, alot of Mario Maker user tend to be kid or casual that have never played a Mario game before. The exemple you give is a very good one. I mean, in some of my level. Some people have actually die on the begin where the only thing that was here was like a Goomba or a Koopa. Heck, even my easy level like Forest Maze. Alot of people have die where the danger was like just a single Wiggler or just 2 Goomba where you have alot of space to dodge them. (But this level is still my most popular level.) People should really pay attention when they playing. Or just play some Mario game like the New one for being sure to use jump button.
Well, that's a relief to know that it's just people who have never even heard the name, Mario, in their lives. I wonder how many Mario Maker players are actually Mario veterans (probably more than I realize. Who knows?).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, that's a relief to know that it's just people who have never even heard the name, Mario, in their lives. I wonder how many Mario Maker players are actually Mario veterans (probably more than I realize. Who knows?).
I think they know what Mario game is. But they have just never play one before. And since SMM is very popular, they decide to go "YOLLO" and die on a Goomba. (Seriously, that one guy that have die on the first Goomba on my Bitshrum Plain level need a medal. And special mention for that other person that have die on the first Koopa on my Bowser Aquatic Assault level.)

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I had a guy play my stage the other day and call it a troll stage. :urg: Why? Because he decided to run through several Hammer Bros until he died. To make matters worse.... he had a friggin' fire flower!!! Not only that, but he had already used it once on said Hammer Bros. Why on Earth would you then decide, "Screw this, I'm just going to run into them!"??? He then gets past them as small Mario and proceeds to jump on some spikes (again, that he had previously gotten past these successfully). And that, in his opinion, is me trolling him. Seriously? :joyful:

Gotta love it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Maybe that's why I'm not getting much in the way of stars for my levels; many people who suck at Mario games lose so easily and think, "This level sucks. It's too hard."

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe that's why I'm not getting much in the way of stars for my levels; many people who suck at Mario games lose so easily and think, "This level sucks. It's too hard."
And it's their mistakes that potentially result in getting your easy courses into the Expert difficulty 100 Mario Challenge.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I had a guy play my stage the other day and call it a troll stage. :urg: Why? Because he decided to run through several Hammer Bros until he died. To make matters worse.... he had a friggin' fire flower!!! Not only that, but he had already used it once on said Hammer Bros. Why on Earth would you then decide, "Screw this, I'm just going to run into them!"??? He then gets past them as small Mario and proceeds to jump on some spikes (again, that he had previously gotten past these successfully). And that, in his opinion, is me trolling him. Seriously? :joyful:

Gotta love it.
People logic sometime hurt my mind. All they want it seem is a linear level with a bunch of star and SFX and/or just a auto-level. Because they don't want to admit that they are just bad. Really, i am really grateful to share my level here with person like you. :)
BUT.....SMM is not only fullfiled with kid. Tehre is other person, like you and me. That want to play good level. And sometime, they find our level and if they are great! They like it and give a star! Even a commentary! For me, it was the case. So i do think that the SMM community is not entirely bad. (But still, **** those auto-level and the troll level.)

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
And it's their mistakes that potentially result in getting your easy courses into the Expert difficulty 100 Mario Challenge.
I guess that explains some of the piss-easy levels I see on Expert Mode.
People logic sometime hurt my mind. All they want it seem is a linear level with a bunch of star and SFX and/or just a auto-level. Because they don't want to admit that they are just bad. Really, i am really grateful to share my level here with person like you. :)
BUT.....SMM is not only fullfiled with kid. Tehre is other person, like you and me. That want to play good level. And sometime, they find our level and if they are great! They like it and give a star! Even a commentary! For me, it was the case. So i do think that the SMM community is not entirely bad. (But still, **** those auto-level and the troll level.)
I don't mind auto levels, so long as they're really well made (there was a Kirby-themed one that I really like). Otherwise, yeah, I hate those "Surprise, you're dead. lol" levels, badly made auto levels, and those levels where it's a simple run to the finish with no enemies or obstacles in sight.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I guess that explains some of the piss-easy levels I see on Expert Mode.

I don't mind auto levels, so long as they're really well made (there was a Kirby-themed one that I really like). Otherwise, yeah, I hate those "Surprise, you're dead. lol" levels, badly made auto levels, and those levels where it's a simple run to the finish with no enemies or obstacles in sight.
Dead level are just those thing that want you to meet the person who made it. Slap them and say to them:

"GET ****ING GOOD!"

Seriously, those level make me want to not play the game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Dead level are just those thing that want you to meet the person who made it. Slap them and say to them:

"GET ****ING GOOD!"

Seriously, those level make me want to not play the game.
Truth be told, if I'm doing the 100 Mario Challenge, I actually welcome the easy levels. As I see it, the sooner I can knock out those levels, the sooner I can unlock another Amiibo costume. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Truth be told, if I'm doing the 100 Mario Challenge, I actually welcome the easy levels. As I see it, the sooner I can knock out those levels, the sooner I can unlock another Amiibo costume. lol
Totally with you on this one lol. I just want to finish expert mode the soon as i can for that i can make all the themed level that i want to do.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Totally with you on this one lol. I just want to finish expert mode the soon as i can for that i can make all the themed level that i want to do.
I literally broke night playing Normal Mode to unlock the Donkey Kong Amiibo costume, because I badly wanted to do the Jungle Hininxs level in 8-bit SMB style. I have no regrets. I also unlocked Diddy Kong, so I can make Pirate Panic!, from DKC2, but someone apparently made one already, so I need to figure out what DKC2 stage to recreate, while not being too long for the grid.

I tried Hot-Head Hop, and even Gangplank Galley, but both levels were too long for me to faithfully recreate without having to cut huge portions of the stage from said recreation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I literally broke night playing Normal Mode to unlock the Donkey Kong Amiibo costume, because I badly wanted to do the Jungle Hininxs level in 8-bit SMB style. I have no regrets. I also unlocked Diddy Kong, so I can make Pirate Panic!, from DKC2, but someone apparently made one already, so I need to figure out what DKC2 stage to recreate, while not being too long for the grid.

I tried Hot-Head Hop, and even Gangplank Galley, but both levels were too long for me to faithfully recreate without having to cut huge portions of the stage from said recreation.
I just want to finish my Gender Bender level. Seriously, i can't work on it without all the female costume. It's really not cool. :/

(Also, i want to made a Sonic/Pac-Man level but OF COURSE. The game give some costume that i just don't care. >_>
"Looking at you, Animal Crossing.")

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So, for those who may or may not have played this stage, I deleted the original, and uploaded an updated version of Tyrant's Sky Fort. Updates include:

- Slight change to platform tracks for aesthetics
- Added invisible blocks, leading to a previously unreachable area. Area now contains two 1-up Mushrooms.
- Other subtle aesthetic changes to the main castle portion of the stage.
- Adds a one-way wall at the second checkpoint flag, preventing any backtracking after the first encounter with Bowser Jr.

If you've already played this course, you're free to skip it, since the changes are overall minuscule. If you want to play it again, and give me a charity star, that'd be fine too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I couldn't quite figure out the story, but the level itself was really fun. I can't wait for both Classic and Modern colored Giant Mario Amiibos to come in the mail, so that I can make my own level with the Mega Mushroom myself!

The only thing that was hard about the level was the beginning with the piranha plants. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it.

My score was 000059960 upon completion.
Thanks for playing! I wanted to make a level focused on the gimmick the mushroom gives, but I didn't have any full concrete plot ideas. I thought designing the barricades like mini bases or towers would be neat. So I went with a basic story that bowser has set up bases and towers to stop mario from saving peach. So I thought that has a story would be a nice and simple plot. And I was debating about the piranha plants. In the end I decided to keep them though.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thanks for playing! I wanted to make a level focused on the gimmick the mushroom gives, but I didn't have any full concrete plot ideas. I thought designing the barricades like mini bases or towers would be neat. So I went with a basic story that bowser has set up bases and towers to stop mario from saving peach. So I thought that has a story would be a nice and simple plot. And I was debating about the piranha plants. In the end I decided to keep them though.
I'm glad you left the pirhana plants in the level. It makes the beginning more challenging, and keeps players on their toes. Plus, there are infinite Mega Mushrooms from the first pipe, so anyone who has too much trouble needs to git gud. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm glad you left the pirhana plants in the level. It makes the beginning more challenging, and keeps players on their toes. Plus, there are infinite Mega Mushrooms from the first pipe, so anyone who has too much trouble needs to git gud. lol
Lol, yeah, there's a pipe with either them or stars often which make the level easier. I didn't want it to be to hard or seem so long that it's no fun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ahaha! I'm glad it makes your day. I think I am the first person to actually clear it too.
Yup, you're the first person to beat it.

This level seem to be more hard than i expected. (Or maybe all the people who play it before you just suck.)

Congrat' for that anyway! Now, all of my level have atleast one star!

Also, i commented on you're message on my SPM level.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Count Bleck gif:

:p

And I'll have to play through more levels tonight and comment. Hopefully I can make good progress and give good feedback.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU'RE FUTUR COMMENT ON MY LEVEL, FOLLOW MAKER!!!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU'RE FUTUR COMMENT ON MY LEVEL, FOLLOW MAKER!!!
I believe I am following you, I follow all people on here, whose levels I play. Makes it easier to find and play their newer levels each time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I regret to inform you all that three of my uploaded courses have been taken off the servers by Nintendo.

4-4: Burner Castle
6-4: Spiky Hazards Castle
7-3: Bob-omb Armada Airship

Apparently, not even the checkpoint flags could save them, which is very disappointing for me.

Top Bottom