• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Okay, guys, I just edited and re-uploaded my course: The Impervious Fortress.

This course is one my brother and myself collaborated on. It's a massive stage that really takes advantage of the new checkpoints. Massive is an understatement, the entire length of both zones is fully utilized from top to bottom and enemies and bricks are basically maxed out. :bee: I like to think of it as 3 stages in 1. The first part is a training/tutorial section. Basically it teaches you what you need to know to complete the level. The second part puts your newly learned skills to the test. Once you've mastered those skills, it's time to use them all to take down the Koopa King himself, Bowser!

After you've completed the course, I highly encourage you to go back and find all the secrets and hidden objectives you missed. That's right, the course is packed with little secrets if you choose to go off the beaten path. What's that about hidden objectives, you ask? There are actually 3 hidden objectives strewn across the level that can all be completed in one play-through. In fact, if you can do them all and finish the level, you've 100%-ed it. But could there be a way to 101% the level? Yep. Make that 4 hidden objectives. I won't tell you where or how to find everything, but I'll tell you what you're looking for below in spoiler tags. The level is fun as-is, but definitely becomes more challenging trying to complete it without dying -and- completing all 4 hidden objectives.

1.) Find the 3 secret 1-UP Mushrooms.
2.) Free the 5 Imprisoned Enemies.
3.) Collect the 12 Lamppost Coins (they ring when collected!).
4.) Grab the lone Super Star!

There you have it. This course was a labor of love. With the added checkpoints, I think it's truly complete. It may not be for everyone, but I really enjoyed creating it and still love playing through it. I hope everyone will take a moment to check it out and let me know what you thought of it. Thank you..... please enjoy!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The other day, I came across a rather odd anomaly...

For some odd reason, Bowser appeared in his Big Mushroom form at the Course Editor, and I didn't even have the Big Mushroom power-up.

This Easter egg definitely was rare, since I haven't seen it happen more than once.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well since i have reuplad all the level that needed checkpoint. And that i can't upload any level for now. Well here all the level i made!
Underground Green

(8055-0000-004A-F278)

Sky and Spike

(8826-0000-0054-F11B)

Escape to Hota

(9D19-0000-005D-6282)

Freddy Fazbear Pizza V2

(F992-0000-007A-0D60)

Forest Maze

(0833-0000-00A9-2DFD)

SPM Chapter 2-3 Break the Bank 2

(A8AF-0000-00A9-3D33)

Sammer Kingdom Remix

(5994-0000-00AC-6D3E)

Tricky Castle

(6BB7-0000-00CD-E826)

Mega Man Zero 1 Intro Stage V2

(88D3-0000-00D0-0DFB)

Rubirules Maze V2

(8BE0-0000-00D4-88C3)

To the Spooky Castle! V2

(D9AE-0000-00D7-F053)

Bowser Aquatic Assault! V2

(6B4C-0000-00D9-B106)

The Five Trials of Webmaster

(C408-0000-00D9-CACD)

SPM Chapter 1-4 Remix

(24C8-0000-00D9-CF6F)

The Abyss V2

(645B-0000-00D9-D15A)

Against Omega V4

(7144-0000-00D9-D2EF)

Tourian V2

(12C1-0000-00D9-DF6F)

Execk Factory V2

(8A49-0000-00D9-E286)

Kindarspirit Heaven V2

(3FB1-0000-00D9-E404)

Bitshrum Plain V2

(DF17-0000-00D9-ED58)

If you have question or your gonna to play one of my level. Tell to me. ;)

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Almost done with my gravity flipping level. There are 5 sets of "gravity" pipes I can use, 2 rooms have been made using 1 set each (tutorial and fire column climb/fall room) and another 2 sets are saved for the "Doing things the hard way" section. I just need to come up with one more room idea.

On the other hand, there is the Fighter Fly costume now available...if you complete the new Gnat Attack hard mode. I've tried it for a few hours and am nowhere close to beating part 2 of it. Darn spawner flies...

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Anyone expect any Mario Maker DLC news during the Direct on Thursday? I'm torn, but I expect at least an announcement of DLC plans.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Anyone expect any Mario Maker DLC news during the Direct on Thursday? I'm torn, but I expect at least an announcement of DLC plans.
Super Mario Maker seems very successful-ish so far, so Nintendo would probably keep making stuff with DLC.

I expect it to be quite cheap, since 99% of the assets can be taken from past games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just give me more theme, some new enemy, new power-up and maybe slopes. I'm tired that i can't make a good looking lava level.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finally finished my latest level in Mario Maker:

The Glitz Pit!
( E611-0000-00E3-BD44)

In this level, you play through the classic Paper mario Chapter! Fight through the Glitz pit Arena and try to get the Crystal Star!

I put a lot of effort and work into this( nearly 3 weeks of testing, and redesigning!), I spent a lot of time watching a playthrough of the game and making the level based around it! There are many nods and references to the original game! Please play and if you can, give me some feedback, especially if you find all the secrets!

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Mario Maker DIRECT!!! Get hype. Very hype!

Update: Okay.... not so much hype, but the portal looks cool. Really thought there'd be some kind of DLC announcement.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I was hyped when they mentioned Super Mario Maker in the Direct! Please reveal new contents!... wait, just a mention of a new search system? Sure why not, but I would have expected and wanted mostly new contents. And that section when they shown those fan-made levels was just a loss of time. Unnecessary padding that felt like it was an eternity.

Anyway, I've deleted several of my old levels and I re-uploaded them after adding checkpoints, because I felt that those levels would have benefited from these. I'm going to post their IDs later. Not now because it's already a ridiculous hour here in Europe and I want to go to bed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I finally finished my latest level in Mario Maker:

The Glitz Pit!
( E611-0000-00E3-BD44)

In this level, you play through the classic Paper mario Chapter! Fight through the Glitz pit Arena and try to get the Crystal Star!

I put a lot of effort and work into this( nearly 3 weeks of testing, and redesigning!), I spent a lot of time watching a playthrough of the game and making the level based around it! There are many nods and references to the original game! Please play and if you can, give me some feedback, especially if you find all the secrets!
Hello my friend. I'm currently playing your level at the time i post this. And i have found a problem that cause to me to die for restart a section. You see, in a moment. You have to use bo-omb to destroy block that block a pipe. But there is a problem, if you kill the bo-omb. You are stuck and you have to die for restart this section.

You might say:

"Then don't kill the bo-omb!"

But there is alot of way that can the bo-omb. The flame of Bowser, the POW, Yoshi. Etc..So for resolve that problem. Put a door at the start of this section and the others in the room. Like that, you can restart the room without dying in the process. So yeah, i hope it will help you.:)

(Also thanks for playing my level.;) )

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Okay, here are my updates SMM courses with checkpoints:

The dog's laugh (367B-0000-00D7-49EA)
Other changes:
- added a new way to get an additional life;
- fixed an issue that would make the player stuck in the level and unable to beat it;
- changed aesthetics in the post-flag location.

Zigzag garden (71F6-0000-00D7-4CE6)
Other changes: none.

Time to tip the scales! (54A2-0000-00D7-E21A)
Other changes: just a few donut blocks changed for solid blocks.

Size switching world
Edit: realized it was possible to exploit the Muncher field with invincibility frames, so I removed it. I'm going to post a fixed version later.

Aether & Dark Aether (MP2) (49B6-0000-00D9-423A)
Edit: realized it was possible to get stuck in the level if the players leaves the Koopa Clown Car in the platform above then falls from it, due to the fact there's no way to go back to make the KCC respawn at the right place. I'm going to fix this later.

Invaded tunnel (7B3B-0000-00D9-449F)

Robot mass production factory (237B-0000-00D9-4CC1)
Other changes: modified platform layout in the sub area.

Open Bowser's father's grave (EE79-0000-00D9-55B4)
Other changes:
- added a new flying Dry Bones and slightly moved the white skull platform to the left to make the part in the giant collective grave easier (lot of people died here);
- moved some coins in the sub area.

Tetris (387D-0000-00E3-0A8F)
Other changes: ...well, this is actually a completely different course from the original, except for the theme. It is 1.5 time longer (something I allowed myself to do due to the newly added checkpoints), modified aesthetics, no longer has Goombas, and changed block appearances.

Survive to meet Yoshi (2AE0-0000-00E9-39B8)
Other changes:
- Super Mushrooms now come from a pipe which means infinite supply of them rather than being stuck unable to beat the level if you eaten all three of them and still can't maintain the Super Mario form to break the block;
- a door added leading to a room with nothing more than nine coins which has to main purpose to make the trampoline respawn if you somehow throw it in the void, thus again preventing you to get stuck in the level.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hello my friend. I'm currently playing your level at the time i post this. And i have found a problem that cause to me to die for restart a section. You see, in a moment. You have to use bo-omb to destroy block that block a pipe. But there is a problem, if you kill the bo-omb. You are stuck and you have to die for restart this section.

You might say:

"Then don't kill the bo-omb!"

But there is alot of way that can the bo-omb. The flame of Bowser, the POW, Yoshi. Etc..So for resolve that problem. Put a door at the start of this section and the others in the room. Like that, you can restart the room without dying in the process. So yeah, i hope it will help you.:)

(Also thanks for playing my level.;) )
Thanks, I realized the bombs are a problem, but with lack of room( and the block limit) I left it like that. I couldn't move bowser, nor did I understand why his flames reach that room. My comment there should help you out. Does it not appear? Comments don't appear in the level if left by you.The pow blocks are meant to clear out the regular enemies( a reference to how they work in Paper Mario).
and your welcome! I'm working my way through them when I can, and leave feedback when I feel it is needed. I'll be playing more users courses on here as time goes on.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks, I realized the bombs are a problem, but with lack of room( and the block limit) I left it like that. I couldn't move bowser, nor did I understand why his flames reach that room. My comment there should help you out. Does it not appear? Comments don't appear in the level if left by you.The pow blocks are meant to clear out the regular enemies( a reference to how they work in Paper Mario).
and your welcome! I'm working my way through them when I can, and leave feedback when I feel it is needed. I'll be playing more users courses on here as time goes on.
Well i have deactivate comment at the time so i didn't known this. Also, if you can't put a door. A pipe that go to a cosmetic area for exemple can also when you comeback reset the room. i'm not 100% sure but i think it could help you for that room.

And it make me happy to help you. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well i have deactivate comment at the time so i didn't known this. Also, if you can't put a door. A pipe that go to a cosmetic area for exemple can also when you comeback reset the room. i'm not 100% sure but i think it could help you for that room.

And it make me happy to help you. :)
Thanks, I'll try to touch it up a bit, when I get the chance.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I now have my own 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo...

I'll eventually make a course that utilizes Big Mario, but keep note that it'll be the modern version Big Mario.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I now have my own 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo...

I'll eventually make a course that utilizes Big Mario, but keep note that it'll be the modern version Big Mario.
Nice, I got mine a few days ago, and I am building a course around it now.Hope to have it posted soon.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
To those who haven't tried this yet.
Hit and Run (AS FAST AS YOU CAN): D0AC-0000-0050-9367
Hit and Run 2: Shell Strikes Back: 27F0-0000-00E5-E56B

Both are more of a "race to the finish" course than any other courses.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, just because of the recent update.

I don't think it'll ever happen. The engine is too different.
They were able to add elements from it to Super Mario Bros 3 GBA

Enemies, turnips, etc.

TBH the most I want is some enemies and graphics that simply look like it

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Still working on my VVVVVV Gravity Flipping level. I based the third room around skull platform rails and I think it came out great. All that is left is the Doing Things the Hard Way bonus area. That'll be fun testing...

finalark

SNORLAX
I just got this game about a week ago. So far it's been a ton of fun. My only complaint is that 70% of the community seems think that difficulty is either:

A: Immediately killing you as soon as the level starts.
B: Putting as many enemies on screen as possible
C: Forcing you to do impossible or near-impossible bull**** while they put a hidden block at the start of the level that lets you skip half the course
or D: all of the above

But that's not really the game's fault. Aside from that, I've played a ton of levels that I've really liked and I've made a few that I'm proud of. Still haven't unlocked checkpoints, but I've already been thinking of possibilities for when I do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just got this game about a week ago. So far it's been a ton of fun. My only complaint is that 70% of the community seems think that difficulty is either:

A: Immediately killing you as soon as the level starts.
B: Putting as many enemies on screen as possible
C: Forcing you to do impossible or near-impossible bull**** while they put a hidden block at the start of the level that lets you skip half the course
or D: all of the above

But that's not really the game's fault. Aside from that, I've played a ton of levels that I've really liked and I've made a few that I'm proud of. Still haven't unlocked checkpoints, but I've already been thinking of possibilities for when I do.
You don't unlock them, they are an alt for the arrow, you shake the arrows to get them.

Top Bottom