• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I regret to inform you all that three of my uploaded courses have been taken off the servers by Nintendo.

4-4: Burner Castle
6-4: Spiky Hazards Castle
7-3: Bob-omb Armada Airship

Apparently, not even the checkpoint flags could save them, which is very disappointing for me.
They were just taken down without any warning? Why, to hard?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I regret to inform you all that three of my uploaded courses have been taken off the servers by Nintendo.

4-4: Burner Castle
6-4: Spiky Hazards Castle
7-3: Bob-omb Armada Airship

Apparently, not even the checkpoint flags could save them, which is very disappointing for me.
Though I've never played them, I'll hazard a bet it's because too many noobs kept sucking at Mario games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Though I've never played them, I'll hazard a bet it's because too many noobs kept sucking at Mario games.
They were really fun, some of my favorite from Mario and Sonic Guy
And I presume it is you who was playing my levels based on the comment left? If so thanks for the feedback and playing!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes, it was me who commented and starred your level. lol
Ah, thought so thanks!. I am actually remodeling Flight of the Charziard into something much better( hopefully) at the moment. Should be out tomorrow or Wednesday.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They were just taken down without any warning? Why, to hard?
More like not enough players have played them. If your uploaded courses don't get played frequently enough, they will be at risk of getting removed from the servers; your in-game Miiverse posts won't get removed, however, which would be the case if you delete the courses yourself.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I don't think they take down stages just for being too hard though. I know one of mine got pulled, but I made a few tweaks and it's still up (I think). My guess is that they have some sort of algorithm checking for stages that make use of the glitches they fixed in the Checkpoint patch, but it's taking down innocent stages as well? I moved the coins that were adjacent to blocks in mine, and boom, fixed. I know there was a glitch that caused Yoshi to be able to eat blocks, so perhaps my stage was pulled for that even though I didn't use the glitch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
More like not enough players have played them. If your uploaded courses don't get played frequently enough, they will be at risk of getting removed from the servers; your in-game Miiverse posts won't get removed, however, which would be the case if you delete the courses yourself.
I see, weird that they don't delete the miiverse post though.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I have the first four worlds of my "normal" Mario Bros. game done. As proud as I am of making them, I have no room to upload them. What's a girl to do to get more stars? D:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have the first four worlds of my "normal" Mario Bros. game done. As proud as I am of making them, I have no room to upload them. What's a girl to do to get more stars? D:
Make autolevel.:denzel:
No really, just be sure to make good level with a good difficulty. Like i have do. (I need to play one of you're level someday.)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So, I've deleted all of the levels I uploaded and began uploading the themed worlds I made. So far, I have the first two worlds uploaded. If you care to try them, feel free to do so.

1-1 Mahogany Forest: 1209-0000-0111-2E30

You can find the rest in my profile. Let me know how they are, and some feedback is always appreciated.

EDIT: So I managed to finally get 50 stars, allowing me 20 uploads. I've uploaded the full four worlds I had created. I will begin work on world 5 today, after I come up with a concept.

EDIT 2: Yaaaaay! They finally came!!!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a new course available to play now.

B-2: Goomba's Shoe Madness
65F5-0000-0111-60DF
Super Mario Bros. 3
Miiverse post ID not available, as it creates a word that triggers this forum's censoring system.

Claire Diviner Claire Diviner : I only bought the modern color, as that's the one that I wanted more.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
There doesn't seem to be as much activity in this thread as I had hoped. :p

Anywho, I uploaded all 5 worlds. The fifth world is giant themed, though I'm still iffy on the name and even the concept of the 5-1. I may delete it and retweak it. I just need to wait and hope I generate enough stars to expand the number of available upload spaces for levels again. I'm at over 80 stars, so, yeah. So far so good. :)

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy : I will play your level and follow you later on today. I'd do it now, but my fiancé received her Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival in the mail, and we're currently playing it (and it's absolutely adorable!!!).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There doesn't seem to be as much activity in this thread as I had hoped. :p

Anywho, I uploaded all 5 worlds. The fifth world is giant themed, though I'm still iffy on the name and even the concept of the 5-1. I may delete it and retweak it. I just need to wait and hope I generate enough stars to expand the number of available upload spaces for levels again. I'm at over 80 stars, so, yeah. So far so good. :)

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy : I will play your level and follow you later on today. I'd do it now, but my fiancé received her Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival in the mail, and we're currently playing it (and it's absolutely adorable!!!).
If I can, I'll play a few of these later. I want to do more work on rebuilding Flight of the Charziard. I deleted 90% of the level completely, and am rebuilding it for better play value for those interested, and to make it look nicer and easier.

Oh and Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy played your newest course, starred but forgot to comment. It was quite fun! I died so many times after the checkpoint while backtracking lol.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Hello. I am BlueX and i have been recently motivated to play SMM again since i have lost interest to it and i have only made one level. Some people may already know me but i want to improve my skills on this game as they are terrible and the only level i made is also really bad. I am excited to post some of my levels here!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hello. I am BlueX and i have been recently motivated to play SMM again since i have lost interest to it and i have only made one level. Some people may already know me but i want to improve my skills on this game as they are terrible and the only level i made is also really bad. I am excited to post some of my levels here!
Welcome, I look forward to seeing what you make! Good luck in designing! I'm currently making a Mercedes Benz course in anticipation of the costume's release.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You're more than welcome to post here for feedback, pointers, and other things you would like to know. Some of us have been Mario veterans since the age of 5, so you're in good hands.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finished my latest level:

Grand Theft Mario!
(4B82-0000-0112-E25C)

In this level Mario has turned to a life of crime! he must complete objectives and bring his Star Ranking up!

I made this just today and I think it is fun, maybe not my best level but I like it. Tell me what you think if you play it and thanks if you do!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
yes, Yes! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
WELCOME AGAIN TO THE SMM TRAIN!!!! I HOPE YOU WILL HAVE FUN!!!!:4wario:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
World 6 is officially up, if anyone wants to try it. Gonna work on World 7 later today.

I'm gonna to try more of you're level before i play this one.

Also, it's maybe kinda late. But i have a question:

From all the level i made. What do you think was the best? Like, in term of design, difficulty, aestestic. Etc....
I think that if i know what level i have made good. I could improve them in the futur.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
World 6 is officially up, if anyone wants to try it. Gonna work on World 7 later today.

I'll try it out later!

Also I know I commented on a few of your levels, but for those that I didn't, I have a few points to state:

-Each world had great themes and felt like they could be actual mario levels!
-I liked how each castle had a different sub area to coincide with the world's theme!
-The levels design and gimmicks were great as well!

Nicely done so far!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm gonna to try more of you're level before i play this one.

Also, it's maybe kinda late. But i have a question:

From all the level i made. What do you think was the best? Like, in term of design, difficulty, aestestic. Etc....
I think that if i know what level i have made good. I could improve them in the futur.
I honestly can't pick a best one from you, since they're all rather great. I've noticed you like to incorporate puzzles, and that's something I can appreciate. As for my favorite, I'm going to have to say Tourian V2, for reasons I went over some days ago.

The only level I didn't like, was Escape to Hota; the one where you had to guess which path didn't have a chain chomp, only because I'm not a fan of levels with "Surprise! You're dead! lol" elements... unless there was a pattern I missed.

I'll try it out later!

Also I know I commented on a few of your levels, but for those that I didn't, I have a few points to state:

-Each world had great themes and felt like they could be actual mario levels!
-I liked how each castle had a different sub area to coincide with the world's theme!
-The levels design and gimmicks were great as well!

Nicely done so far!
Thanks for the feedback. I can say that coming up with themes for each world isn't easy, since for every world I make, I begin to slowly run out of ideas. lol. That said, I do plan to release at least eight worlds before I take a break (unless I'm beaten with the inspiration stick sooner than later).

Also, I just uploaded World 7. The difficulty begins to pick up, but from my play testing, it isn't brutal or anything... At least I don't think so.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I honestly can't pick a best one from you, since they're all rather great. I've noticed you like to incorporate puzzles, and that's something I can appreciate. As for my favorite, I'm going to have to say Tourian V2, for reasons I went over some days ago.

The only level I didn't like, was Escape to Hota; the one where you had to guess which path didn't have a chain chomp, only because I'm not a fan of levels with "Surprise! You're dead! lol" elements... unless there was a pattern I missed.

Thanks for the feedback. I can say that coming up with themes for each world isn't easy, since for every world I make, I begin to slowly run out of ideas. lol. That said, I do plan to release at least eight worlds before I take a break (unless I'm beaten with the inspiration stick sooner than later).

Also, I just uploaded World 7. The difficulty begins to pick up, but from my play testing, it isn't brutal or anything... At least I don't think so.

I can only imagine. I just make levels that pop into my head, xD. Don't know if I could ever do a world. I'll try out world 7 now! World six was nice!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Since my upload count won't increase until I get 300 stars, and I'm assuming that won't be for a good while, I've decided to take a break, and will work on World 8 at a later point in time. I have, however, used my last two upload slots for "Mega Mushroom Demolition", a level I've had for a while, but haven't had the time to upload, and "Markiplier Gauntlet", which I've just created, like, right now, and will try and see if Markiplier will be interested in it, seeing as he's doing Mario Maker let's plays now. And yes, it's hard, though not quite as unforgivingly brutal as, say, my "Bounce: 'Prepare to Die' Edition".

Feel free to have fun with the Mushroom Demolition. I mostly made that to show off my Amiibos, and to do some random pixel art.

EDIT: I tweaked the Markiplier Gauntlet. Mostly some aesthetic changes, and added a couple of blocks to prevent going out of the intended course route. I hate when I upload a course, just to immediately delete it, to make minor tweaks. :p

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

OK.
Also, for Escape Of Hota. There is a way to see where to go without dying once.
The Map at the begin. (The block-like with coin in it.)
Here, the piece show you where to go, so yeah.
But i think that mechanic is maybe too easy to skip. I will see more on that.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
OK.
Also, for Escape Of Hota. There is a way to see where to go without dying once.
The Map at the begin. (The block-like with coin in it.)
Here, the piece show you where to go, so yeah.
Nah, keep it the way it is. Now that you mentioned the map, anyone who misses that detail should pay the consequences. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, keep it the way it is. Now that you mentioned the map, anyone who misses that detail should pay the consequences. lol
OK! ^_^'
What you say is actually the thing i have said in my head when i have made this level.

"If people don't pay attention to what i made. Then too bad for them."
68d.gif

Now, i am actually trying to find idea for a next level. And the only one that i have in head, is a Undertale inspired level. However, i don't want to made something that everyone have already done. (The fight with Sans.) So i'm demanding how i could make it work. Any idea?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
OK! ^_^'
What you say is actually the thing i have said in my head when i have made this level.

"If people don't pay attention to what i made. Then too bad for them."
View attachment 87248

Now, i am actually trying to find idea for a next level. And the only one that i have in head, is a Undertale inspired level. However, i don't want to made something that everyone have already done. (The fight with Sans.) So i'm demanding how i could make it work. Any idea?
You could incorporate a morality system into the level where you have different paths to take that requires you to kill/not kill enemies, but unless you are REALLY confident that you can put across a narrative in a Mario Maker level, it will most likely be melodramatic due to the hardware limitations.

A really cool idea would be one based off of Muffet's battle. You go into a cramped room with ~3 layers and enemies come at you from the sides of the screen on rails. You need to survive several gauntlets until a power up appears in order to break the brick ceiling and get out (or another convoluted way of getting out). From there, you can add a second harder trial or simulate the pet run somehow. For inspirations on how to build it, I recommend looking at GameXplain's arcade levels (most notably Frogger and Space Invaders).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You could incorporate a morality system into the level where you have different paths to take that requires you to kill/not kill enemies, but unless you are REALLY confident that you can put across a narrative in a Mario Maker level, it will most likely be melodramatic due to the hardware limitations.

A really cool idea would be one based off of Muffet's battle. You go into a cramped room with ~3 layers and enemies come at you from the sides of the screen on rails. You need to survive several gauntlets until a power up appears in order to break the brick ceiling and get out (or another convoluted way of getting out). From there, you can add a second harder trial or simulate the pet run somehow. For inspirations on how to build it, I recommend looking at GameXplain's arcade levels (most notably Frogger and Space Invaders).
Well i have actually a idea that is like the first idea you say. For exemple, the way is blocked by a block. And the only thing that can break it is a Koopa. However, if you use it, the Koopa will die by falling in a pit or something. However, you can actually find a other way to pass without killing the Koopa. And so, for all the other enemy. At the end depending if you have killed everyone, only some or none. You will enter a pipe that let go you to the exit. But if you are like in a Genocide run. You can only have the low part of the flag and so, don't get a 1-up. However, for a Neutral run. You can actually the top of the flag if you know how to jump. And in a Pacifist Run, the pipe warp you on the top of the flag. A free 1-up in short, of course. All i listed are only idea, i could not put some thing in it. But i think it would be a cool concept.

Also, i haven't watch Muffet Battle yet. But i have see the video you recommended and i know where you going. But i prefer do a more "traditional" level. Still, thank you for feedback! :)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A LOT of determination.
(Must resist to do a Undertale joke.)
By the way, for all of you who didn't know. (So not you Claire, since you have already play it:039:) I have just uploaded my latest level. It's kinda a "filler" level because i wanted to do something orginal and with the NSMB style. So it's not the most hard or interesting level i ever made. But hey, it's still good.:025:

Here the ID.

Fire,Ghost and Skeleton. (C72C-0000-0119-0CD2)

And if you like it, don't forget to leave a star and a comment if you really like it. ;)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
(Must resist to do a Undertale joke.)
By the way, for all of you who didn't know. (So not you Claire, since you have already play it:039:) I have just uploaded my latest level. It's kinda a "filler" level because i wanted to do something orginal and with the NSMB style. So it's not the most hard or interesting level i ever made. But hey, it's still good.:025:

Here the ID.

Fire,Ghost and Skeleton. (C72C-0000-0119-0CD2)

And if you like it, don't forget to leave a star and a comment if you really like it. ;)
For a "filler", it was pretty damn fun and creative.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
For a "filler", it was pretty damn fun and creative.
Awww Thanks! >_<
Well, even tough when i made a "filler" level. I always try to make it a good level.

To the Spooky Castle
Bowser Aquatic Assault
and this level are a good exemple. But i just call them filler because they're we're not intented to begin with. The idea for them just come to mind when i was making. (Exepct' To the Spooky Castle. Who was a level made for Slick Wylde Spooky Competition. So the theme was already in mind. But the rest come as i said.)

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, it took a while to get 300 stars, but thanks to the stars from you beautiful people, I was finally able to upload World 8, which is the final world of my first series of levels. Now the real trick is trying to come up with a concept for more worlds, only this time, I'm thinking of utilizing the Amiibo costumes. I might focus on unlocking the Inkling Girl for this purpose, but anything can happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, it took a while to get 300 stars, but thanks to the stars from you beautiful people, I was finally able to upload World 8, which is the final world of my first series of levels. Now the real trick is trying to come up with a concept for more worlds, only this time, I'm thinking of utilizing the Amiibo costumes. I might focus on unlocking the Inkling Girl for this purpose, but anything can happen.

I finally beat your Markipiller Gauntlet and this gets uploaded! Cool, I'll play it sometime tomorrow and leave feedback.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I finally beat your Markipiller Gauntlet and this gets uploaded! Cool, I'll play it sometime tomorrow and leave feedback.
I know, I just noticed the notification. I was like, "Wow! A second person beat it! Oh! It's John! :D" That said, your starring that level was the 300th star needed for me to upload more levels. lol

Oh, and congrats on your victory. :)

Top Bottom