• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I knew this when playing around with my Gradius Mario level. It's really fun to use. I haven't tested if enemies in the Fire Koopa Clown Car will shoot fireballs themselves, though.
They do, I played a level earlier with it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, I knew this when playing around with my Gradius Mario level. It's really fun to use. I haven't tested if enemies in the Fire Koopa Clown Car will shoot fireballs themselves, though.
They do. While pursuing Mario, the Fire Koopa Clown Car will briefly stop to spit a fireball before resuming the pursuit.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
My profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Vigilante_Blade

If you can try and beat my levels, that would be nice of you. The general skill level of the Mario Maker player base is... kinda low. And with Nintendo removing levels with low clear rates, I'm kinda worried my legitimate hard but fair levels with be considered troll levels x_x.

Also, please give me feedback, I tend to update my levels.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By the way guys, i have just see that there is new tag on the official website. So i recommend you to check out to see if they could help you.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Vigilante_Blade

If you can try and beat my levels, that would be nice of you. The general skill level of the Mario Maker player base is... kinda low. And with Nintendo removing levels with low clear rates, I'm kinda worried my legitimate hard but fair levels with be considered troll levels x_x.

Also, please give me feedback, I tend to update my levels.
I just played and beaten all of your levels. Overall, yeah, I can see why they have low clear rates, and it's because you have many players who can't even get past a simple Goomba, so beating something, like the bullet hell-like Halberd level of yours, may be downright impossible to many of them.

That said, I very much enjoyed them. I didn't see why you have a Rail Castle 2.0, since there's hardly a difference, other than some aesthetic changes. Overall, I enjoyed them, and if there's any advice I have for any of your future levels, try bringing back the difficulty a bit. Make it fun and beatable for the vast majority. It's a different story if you made a level hard by design, with the target demographic being pure experts and Kaizo players, like with my "Bounce: 'Prepare to Die' Edition" (which I've since deleted off the server to make room for my more normal worlds). Anyway, good job.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , it seem that you want to speed run all of my level! And that my SPM 1-4 remix have cause you some problem, right?:smirk:
But really, i like that you are doing that. It give a new goal to my level for other people and me. :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I just played and beaten all of your levels. Overall, yeah, I can see why they have low clear rates, and it's because you have many players who can't even get past a simple Goomba, so beating something, like the bullet hell-like Halberd level of yours, may be downright impossible to many of them.

That said, I very much enjoyed them. I didn't see why you have a Rail Castle 2.0, since there's hardly a difference, other than some aesthetic changes. Overall, I enjoyed them, and if there's any advice I have for any of your future levels, try bringing back the difficulty a bit. Make it fun and beatable for the vast majority. It's a different story if you made a level hard by design, with the target demographic being pure experts and Kaizo players, like with my "Bounce: 'Prepare to Die' Edition" (which I've since deleted off the server to make room for my more normal worlds). Anyway, good job.
Thanks, I do appreciate the feedback. For Rail Castle 2.0, the reason I made it is because my best friend managed to find a way to break the level and make it impossible (If you hit the question block and activate the bomb, but run off screen, it won't explode, and you are left with no way to proceed). So I remade it to prevent that.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Thanks, I do appreciate the feedback. For Rail Castle 2.0, the reason I made it is because my best friend managed to find a way to break the level and make it impossible (If you hit the question block and activate the bomb, but run off screen, it won't explode, and you are left with no way to proceed). So I remade it to prevent that.
Ahhhh. Okay, then I can totally understand.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By the way guys, have you one time see a video of someone playing the 100 Mario Challenge and playing a level that you made or that you have played? I haven't see that yet but it would be pretty cool!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm still waiting for someone to come across my Markiplier Gauntlet. lol
And i am still waiting that the creator of TOME see my five TOME levels. :/
And he have the game, he even have made some level that i played!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Good news: Here's my profile, for those who want to take a look at my levels.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ClaireDiviner

Bad news: I had to delete my NS world 2 levels, and reupload them. The reason being that I edited 2-1, to make it so that one couldn't skip the Wii Fit Trainer mushroom, completing the stage as Peach.

Ugly news: I had to re-speedrun the levels and set world record times to be beaten again, and it wasn't very easy. At least I did better in 2-2, so there's that.

For those who have played and starred them, I do applogize. If you can play and star them again, I would appreciate it ever so much.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good news: Here's my profile, for those who want to take a look at my levels.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ClaireDiviner

Bad news: I had to delete my NS world 2 levels, and reupload them. The reason being that I edited 2-1, to make it so that one couldn't skip the Wii Fit Trainer mushroom, completing the stage as Peach.

Ugly news: I had to re-speedrun the levels and set world record times to be beaten again, and it wasn't very easy. At least I did better in 2-2, so there's that.

For those who have played and starred them, I do applogize. If you can play and star them again, I would appreciate it ever so much.
Well, i guess i will have to replay them.
But hey, the good side is that i will re star those level again. ;)
Edit: Hold it, i have actually play the reuploaded level already. So, nothing to see here.:079:

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
By the way guys, have you one time see a video of someone playing the 100 Mario Challenge and playing a level that you made or that you have played? I haven't see that yet but it would be pretty cool!
Yes, I have! I didn't see it live, but I noticed a streamer that I followed had played my level. I hadn't submitted it to them, so I was confused. I went to their channel to check their archived videos and it was during the 100 Mario Challenge. Not only that, but they remembered the course from a previous time they had played it. :bee: It's nice to make a memorable course.

Here's the video link if you're interested (http://www.twitch.tv/app1ecrisp/v/25228718?t=04h34m55s). I really wish I had been watching the stream live when she played it. That would have been awesome!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So after days for searching level idea that haven't be done before. I finally got one! So, the level i will made will be a recreation of Zelda Majora Mask Intro! So yeah. i have begin and it seem that everything work so far. So stay stuned for more info' and the release!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I uploaded my first Mario Maker course! Be sure to check it out when you have the chance:

Indigo Speed Zone:
4668-0000-0151-AB82

Let me know your thoughts on the level, I appreciate advice on improvement.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I uploaded my first Mario Maker course! Be sure to check it out when you have the chance:

Indigo Speed Zone:
4668-0000-0151-AB82

Not a bad level, especially for a first stage. I can see casual players having some trouble with it, but that's not due to the fault of the design. Overall, I liked it.

EDIT: Anyone else getting a 404 when viewing a profile in the Mario Maker website?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Indigo Speed Zone:
4668-0000-0151-AB82

I will try it later. For now, i am going to bookmarked you're level.
Not a bad level, especially for a first stage. I can see casual players having some trouble with it, but that's not due to the fault of the design. Overall, I liked it.

EDIT: Anyone else getting a 404 when viewing a profile in the Mario Maker website?
Nop, i haven't got that problem.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Yeah, been getting that error a lot over the past couple days. I've also noticed that it's not updating right away. When it first launched, I could refresh it and within minutes of someone playing everything would be updated. Now, it can take 5+ hours for anything new to show up. I'm assuming it's due to Christmas and Nintendo's servers being bogged down, but I'm not sure on that. Hopefully it gets resolved, I liked when it was working perfectly.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, been getting that error a lot over the past couple days. I've also noticed that it's not updating right away. When it first launched, I could refresh it and within minutes of someone playing everything would be updated. Now, it can take 5+ hours for anything new to show up. I'm assuming it's due to Christmas and Nintendo's servers being bogged down, but I'm not sure on that. Hopefully it gets resolved, I liked when it was working perfectly.
You have see that too? Yeah, it's really problematic if you want to see what person have liked you're, when you don't want to put on you're Wii U just for that. And that's just a exemple.

Also,

BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

I played you're level, and it was pretty great for a first level! Really, the enemy we're positionate in the good place and it was easy to understand what to do! So yeah, i leaved a comment and a star. 'Can't wait to see you're other level in the futur. 62fx62f.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
With my 800th star, Worlds 3 and 4 of Nintendo Sirens is officially up. Feel free to play through them.

Great! :)

Also, i have updated my Underbound level. So if you want to see what have change. Here the ID.
UnderBound V3
(EA67-0000-0155-4C6E)

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
Ocarina of Time Water Temple: A962-0000-0150-50FF
Faithfulness to original is about 6/10, but you'll still see similarities.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
As someone who tried her best to make as faithful an 8-bit rendition of Super Mario 64's Hazy Maze Cave, I can tell you that so long as you have implemented the more significant parts of the level, it'll most likely be fine. I'll check it out later on, after my nap.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
As someone who tried her best to make as faithful an 8-bit rendition of Super Mario 64's Hazy Maze Cave, I can tell you that so long as you have implemented the more significant parts of the level, it'll most likely be fine. I'll check it out later on, after my nap.
Yeah I couldn't really find a way to make the tower in the middle of the temple, so that's the only real problem with it.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Just a friendly reminder to everyone, please consider posting your BOOKMARK links here instead of just the codes. It makes it much easier for everyone to try out your course. Simply use this URL: supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Just substitute your code for the X's. You can also find your own BOOKMARK page by going to this URL (and changing YOURNNID to, well, your own NNID): supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/YOURNNID

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Just finished my first level today, and might I say it was a duesy... Took a whole lot of tries to get it uploaded.

So if you like challenging stuff, I'd appreciate it if you'd try it out! (don't expect A LOT of difficulty. I won't deny that it requires skill to complete, but it's no where by the means of "Pit of Panga" difficulty)

The course is called, "So Close, Yet So Far;" Upon entering the level, the finish can literally be seen from the spawn point, however there is a big brick wall blocking your way to victory. You must enter a pipe and journey through a long, treacherous dungeon to find that P-switch which would turn that wall of bricks into a pile of coins.

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/3864-0000-0156-D677

I'd also love to see your guy's levels! Happy making, Mario Makers!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, well, well.
After some day of work, i can surely say that. I finish my latest level! So here the bookmark.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/3DC5-0000-015B-2274

As you may see, its a recreation of Zelda Majora Mask begin. It's not really hard, it's more tricky than anything. I still hope you enjoy it. ;)

Also, well....I have to reupload my Undertale level again, because of a problem that i have see. So here it is again.

UnderBound V4

(2F07-0000-015B-2ADB)

I just post the ID, because the map will spoil the level. So i prefer that you play my level with the less spoiler in it. So yeah, 'hope you enjoy this one too. (Or again for some.)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This is my first post in this thread.
I've made 3 courses so far, thought I'd put them here.
I'd appreciate if they got some attention, so they can avoid being deleted. All are fairly short, and not too difficult.

Up and over a Cloud:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/1776-0000-0121-E424

Attack on Flying Fish Cave:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2F27-0000-013B-59C1

Ghost House's Sunshine Secret:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/8DFD-0000-015C-1B4D

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So I finally got around to playing it... aaaand I didn't see anything that screamed "Yes, this is from Ocarina of Time's Water Temple". It was also really short.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
So I finally got around to playing it... aaaand I didn't see anything that screamed "Yes, this is from Ocarina of Time's Water Temple". It was also really short.
The entrance, the spinies. The last room was going to be that room where you're on the conveyor-belt like platforms and you have to hookshot, but I changed it. There's not really an easy way to make it anything like the water temple. no water changing, nothing like the iron boots, etc. I made low ceilings to make it more like the water temple.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Check out my newest level, I made a fun boss battle you guys might love!

I have DETERMINATION!:
CFC8-0000-0164-D9EF

It was doozy work to make the boss battle. No heavy Undertale spoilers just so you know, just loosely based on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I'm trying to make a tower defense like level, but am having trouble. Anyone have suggestions on how to get it to work. I thought I could put the enemies in koopa clown cars and have them ride in off screen, but it does not work.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Sooooo, I finally uploaded my first (and likely only) automatic level. It was really tedious trying to do all the trials and errors into making one, so I'm just going to stick with "normal" levels from here on out.

By the way, here's the ID:

Squidtastic Automatic Surfanatic

82FE-0000-0167-8AD3

The level's timer ends at 285, as a reference to Splatoon's Japanese release date, 5/28, or 28/5 in the little-endian format.

Check out my newest level, I made a fun boss battle you guys might love!

I have DETERMINATION!:
CFC8-0000-0164-D9EF

It was doozy work to make the boss battle. No heavy Undertale spoilers just so you know, just loosely based on it.
I played it, and I must say I liked it. Though simple, it doesn't take anything away from the challenge, and the conclusion was quite nice too.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
So I'm trying to make a tower defense like level, but am having trouble. Anyone have suggestions on how to get it to work. I thought I could put the enemies in koopa clown cars and have them ride in off screen, but it does not work.
I'm not positive, but maybe use tracks somehow? If you open one side of the track, the enemies will fall off instead of going back around. Maybe you can use a track or two to make it work. Good luck!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've never played anything tower defense-like, so I sadly can't help you. :(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've never played anything tower defense-like, so I sadly can't help you. :(
I'm not positive, but maybe use tracks somehow? If you open one side of the track, the enemies will fall off instead of going back around. Maybe you can use a track or two to make it work. Good luck!
Thanks for the help. I have only seen a few of them. The tracks work to a degree but the enemies either fall off the track or don't stay in the clown cars. I have one idea though, that I will try out later and hopefully it will work.

Top Bottom