• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Check out my newest level, I made a fun boss battle you guys might love!

I have DETERMINATION!:
CFC8-0000-0164-D9EF

It was doozy work to make the boss battle. No heavy Undertale spoilers just so you know, just loosely based on it.
Hi!
I have played you're level. And i have to say, it fill me with DETERMINATION!! So yeah, i like it. I starred and leave a comment as always. ;)

Also if you like Undertale, go check out my Undertale level called "Underbound". Its a level based -obviously- on Undertale. The special thing however is that, like the original game. You can choose the path of Pacifist, Neutral or Genocide, for different result! Also, there is some secret here and there and some reference to Undertale of course.

The ID is here.

UnderBound V4

(2F07-0000-015B-2ADB)

I recommend you to replay the level for see the different path. But its only if you want it of course.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/SleuthMechanism
Here's my levels. science is the obligatory first simple dumb experimental level so don't expect much from it. Water danmaku however is a level i spent entirely too long crafting that i'm rather proud of(especially the boss battle at the end). it's rather hard(but fair) and is very demanding on one's dodging skills though so don't expect a easygoing ride at all.
sky assault is another hard level that admittedly partially spawned from my love of moving platforms and how i feel they aren't utilized to their full potential in mario.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/SleuthMechanism
Here's my levels. science is the obligatory first simple dumb experimental level so don't expect much from it. Water danmaku however is a level i spent entirely too long crafting that i'm rather proud of(especially the boss battle at the end). it's rather hard(but fair) and is very demanding on one's dodging skills though so don't expect a easygoing ride at all.
sky assault is another hard level that admittedly partially spawned from my love of moving platforms and how i feel they aren't utilized to their full potential in mario.
Just played and starred your levels. Not sure why they're labeled as Expert, as I didn't think they were difficult. Maybe most people who played your courses just plain suck as Mario games? Anyway, they were pretty good, though the Science level was really short.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I created this level a few days after Christmas but I forgot to post about it here until now...

Yoshi carries the star! (94AE-0000-0175-019F)
Bookmark link
The stage is exactly what it says: you must find Yoshi to swallow and store a power star then spit it at the point where you can no longer go further in the level without it. Nobody has beaten it yet (I suppose random people who played this level didn't see the idea of storing the star for later use crossing their mind) so if anyone here wants to be the first one to beat this level then so why not try?

Edit: removed a few unnecessary spikes that made comebacks too hard. Also changed some aesthetics + the rewards of one secret room. Thus this makes it a new version rather that the one I posted after Christmas.

I got my inspiration for this level when I played someone else's level once, I kept losing so I took Yoshi then backtracked to find a power star earlier in the level, and I thus stored it to use at a specific place that used to give me trouble. This is also a sort of warning to people who intend to put both a Yoshi and a power star in their levels - unless your level is designed about it (like mine), don't forget about any possible unintended use by the player!

(And don't worry, infinite power stars spawn in my level thank to a pipe.)

I also happened to use the "finding a new item necessary to progress will also lock the straightforward path thus forcing you to take a long detour instead" trope when designing my level... just a trivia I know, but fun enough to point out.

I've also noticed a new mechanic I didn't know about when designing this level... I'll probably use it for a new level sooner than later, by the way!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ShinyRegice ShinyRegice : For future reference, the Muncher counts towards the enemy and action object limit, which is 100. If you need any damaging solid objects, you can always utilize the Spike Traps, since they count towards the block limit instead, which is 2000.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello guys!

So you see, i have been searching some idea for futur level. Since my Gender Bender level still can't be finish. I try to find other idea that have not be see before as always. And now, i have got one that, i really want to do. So here the idea:

As any Undertale fan outta know (Or not if you are not interest in Undertale.) The boss "Mettaton NEO" is a joke. He die in one hit and he doesn't do anything. Because of this, alot of people have wonder what a actual fight with him will look like. And as you may undetstand now, that's my idea : trying to made a actual fight against Mettaton NEO.

You may ask:

"But how can you do a battle that is in a RPG in a platformer?"

Well...That's the thing. I have some idea, but not alot really. Like, i have the idea of doing like a hallway with some trap in it but for the actual boss fight....I don't really know, i would really like to reproduct the way Undertale gameplay is. (Dodging alot of thing that come at you.) But i don't know how i can made unique for Mettaton NEO. Also, i would like to put the song that is in fight, that you can hear here.
(Yeah, it's a loop of 30 second.)
So, what you idea you could give to me? Thanks to every person that will answer to me. :)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Did you know that entering a pipe while carrying a Bob-Omb will reset its countdown?

I realized that when I did my "Yoshi carries the star!" level; in one part of the level, you have to enter a pipe to discover a room in the sub-area, take a Bob-Omb from it, then return in the first area to use it to open the way leading to Yoshi. But I surprisingly realized that the Bob-Omb countdown reseted when I went back to the first area... and it inspired me to create a brand new level entirely based around this mechanic.

Bob-Omb speedrun (C0A2-0000-017E-4DB0)
Bookmark link
As the picture above may suggest, you must carry the Bob-Omb at the bottom of the picture above, and use it to destroy the wall that prevents you to reach the goal. To do this, you'll have to go through many rooms, which you must quit as quickly as possible while carrying the Bob-Omb.
I've made sure that you can't find yourself to be in an unwinnable situation in the level, so if the Bob-Omb happens to explode before the end of the level, just go back until you can ind a door that will send you back to the start of the course!

(I've also realized that it also resets the countdown for doors, but for the sake of the level I've only used pipes for room transitions.)

On an unrelated note I'm disappointed that the Fire Clown Car has the same music instrument as the regular Clown Car when used on a red block note... but oh well. I'm not a music level creator anyway.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Did you know that entering a pipe while carrying a Bob-Omb will reset its countdown?

I realized that when I did my "Yoshi carries the star!" level; in one part of the level, you have to enter a pipe to discover a room in the sub-area, take a Bob-Omb from it, then return in the first area to use it to open the way leading to Yoshi. But I surprisingly realized that the Bob-Omb countdown reseted when I went back to the first area... and it inspired me to create a brand new level entirely based around this mechanic.

Bookmark link
As the picture above may suggest, you must carry the Bob-Omb at the bottom of the picture above, and use it to destroy the wall that prevents you to reach the goal. To do this, you'll have to go through many rooms, which you must quit as quickly as possible while carrying the Bob-Omb.
I've made sure that you can't find yourself to be in an unwinnable situation in the level, so if the Bob-Omb happens to explode before the end of the level, just go back until you can ind a door that will send you back to the start of the course!

(I've also realized that it also resets the countdown for doors, but for the sake of the level I've only used pipes for room transitions.)

On an unrelated note I'm disappointed that the Fire Clown Car has the same music instrument as the regular Clown Car when used on a red block note... but oh well. I'm not a music level creator anyway.
Just played it, and starred it. I need to say that the level is just amazing by design. Nothing too flashy or detailed, but it is in its simplicity that makes this level stand out. The objective is rather clear, though it took me a few to figure it out (didn't really read your whole post. I just saw the level ID and immediately searched), but once a player does figure it out, the race to take the Bob-omb to the goal becomes both frantic and exciting at the same time.

Suffice it to say I really enjoyed this. I'm also proud of the fact that I got First Clear, so yeah. Bravo!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just played it, and starred it. I need to say that the level is just amazing by design. Nothing too flashy or detailed, but it is in its simplicity that makes this level stand out. The objective is rather clear, though it took me a few to figure it out (didn't really read your whole post. I just saw the level ID and immediately searched), but once a player does figure it out, the race to take the Bob-omb to the goal becomes both frantic and exciting at the same time.

Suffice it to say I really enjoyed this. I'm also proud of the fact that I got First Clear, so yeah. Bravo!
Hey, i have a question.
You see today, i have, again, reupload my Undertale level because i finded something could potientally ruin the experience of a player. However, it's like the 5 times i reupload that level. So here my question:

Is this good? Or i am too much perfectionnist?

(Oh and, i have finish my Gender Bender level. But i still need all the female character costume for uploading it. >_>)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey, i have a question.
You see today, i have, again, reupload my Undertale level because i finded something could potientally ruin the experience of a player. However, it's like the 5 times i reupload that level. So here my question:

Is this good? Or i am too much perfectionnist?

(Oh and, i have finish my Gender Bender level. But i still need all the female character costume for uploading it. >_>)
I don't see anything wrong with your level, but then again, I've never played or even seen played Undertale, so I wouldn't really know. That said, you're not the only one. I have on some occasions deleted and re-uploaded certain levels myself for perfectionist reasons, although you should consider playing through your Undertale level over and over and over again before uploading it, to make sure that it's perfect to you, especially if it's your fifth time having to do so.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't see anything wrong with your level, but then again, I've never played or even seen played Undertale, so I wouldn't really know. That said, you're not the only one. I have on some occasions deleted and re-uploaded certain levels myself for perfectionist reasons, although you should consider playing through your Undertale level over and over and over again before uploading it, to make sure that it's perfect to you, especially if it's your fifth time having to do so.
Well i think it's close to perfect now. Sure, there is some detail that could have been better. But when it come to the level and how you can play it, i think that now. Everything is fix and the player can now have no fear to die or get blocked because of something i forget.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Well i think it's close to perfect now. Sure, there is some detail that could have been better. But when it come to the level and how you can play it, i think that now. Everything is fix and the player can now have no fear to die or get blocked because of something i forget.
If you ever feel like you forgot to add something. Always double check to make sure before you upload the level. You can always deleted it then add what you forgotten and then re upload it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you ever feel like you forgot to add something. Always double check to make sure before you upload the level. You can always deleted it then add what you forgotten and then re upload it.
That's what i am already doing lol. I was just asking if being sure of everything at 100%. Even if this not completely necessary is a good thing.

Also, how can you come here without having making you're second level yet?! YOU'RE TRAITOR!!!!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Just want to give a congratulations to ShinyRegice ShinyRegice for being the first ever person to complete "Claire Trials: Damage Boost". I was going to delete it to upload "Claire Trials: Das Boot", but now I think I'll keep Damage Boost up longer, so that ShinyRegice could bask in the glory. He deserves it.

EDIT: I've uploaded two challenge levels. I spent about three hours making "Kick & Bounce", and spent about two hours making "Das Boot". It took me about 8-9 hours to clear "Kick & Bounce", and about 3 or so hours to clear "Das Boot".

Pictured above is "Claire Trials: Kick & Bounce". The focus here is to grab a Koopa shell, kick it toward a wall, and bounce off of it. The two mushrooms in the level are required for damage boosting, so if you miss a shroom, consider the attempt forfeit. The real tricky part is the P switch. Rather than kicking it, you must drop it, then bounce off it all in midair.

Pictured above is "Claire Trials: Das Boot". Literally translated from German as "The Boot", as the name implies, this focuses heavily on the Goomba Shoe. The only real trolly part is the very start of the level, where the player need to think fast. Everything else is pretty straightforward, but it isn't easy. This requires absolute perfect execution and positioning to hop off falling objects. Every boot you use, save for the very last shoe, will require that you sacrifice it, so you can get an idea of what this level is about. The part with the P switch gives you barely enough time to reach the top of the zigzagging platforms, where you must immediately jump to the final section, so you have to be very quick and precise with your movement and jumps. There is only one instance of damage boosting in the beginning, but that's about it. That about covers this level. I feel this is more demanding in perfection than "Kick & Bounce", but is it as hard or harder? I guess it depends on what element of Mario Maker's Mario 3 style you're good with.

Anyway, best of luck to those who are tenacious, patient, and masochistic enough to try and clear these. I had fun making them. Trying to clear them was a different story. lol

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Here are some levels that I made.

Multiple Paths! (A level with multiple ways to finish): 07BD 0000 0183 35BB

Return Fire (Level where you fight Sledge Bros using a fire flower): C444 0000 0183 D62F

King Bowser's Killer Koopa Kargo (Level where you navigate a large fleet of airships with different enemies in them): 1F05 0000 0187 07A6

THE STUPID SERIES (A collection of very dumb levels I made when I was bored)

Stupid-1:
4076 0000 017E F801

Stupid-2: D696 0000 017F 0128

Stupid-3: 8094 0000 0181 C2DE

Stupid-4: 71BD 0000 0183 8397

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here are some levels that I made.

Multiple Paths! (A level with multiple ways to finish): 07BD 0000 0183 35BB

Return Fire (Level where you fight Sledge Bros using a fire flower): C444 0000 0183 D62F

King Bowser's Killer Koopa Kargo (Level where you navigate a large fleet of airships with different enemies in them): 1F05 0000 0187 07A6

THE STUPID SERIES (A collection of very dumb levels I made when I was bored)

Stupid-1:
4076 0000 017E F801

Stupid-2: D696 0000 017F 0128

Stupid-3: 8094 0000 0181 C2DE

Stupid-4: 71BD 0000 0183 8397
Played, cleared, and starred all of your levels. They were all fun, even the "Stupid" levels. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So apparantly, Nintendo have begin to remove AND lock people level that are not popular. (By popular, it mean level that have not get star for a level.)
And my Undertale level have for now zero star....
:lol:
I'm scared.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So apparantly, Nintendo have begin to remove AND lock people level that are not popular. (By popular, it mean level that have not get star for a level.)
And my Undertale level have for now zero star....
:lol:
I'm scared.
I don't think receiving stars is enough to save your courses from being deleted. They may also have to be played at least once per day by a user who has not played them yet.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't think receiving stars is enough to save your courses from being deleted. They may also have to be played at least once per day by a user who has not played them yet.
I hope so, the previous version of my Undertale level haved some star and comment. But now, i have only see people play it.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280

Bookmark link

I played this level on the weekend and though i liked the concept i found the level itself too long winded and frustrating to be honest. So, since i liked the concept enough on sunday i decided to do my own take that's more of a short but sweet burst of action focused on momentum.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/C17A-0000-018B-9E7
Claire Diviner Claire Diviner : I agree, that course reuploading criteria is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Especially with how luck based popularity is in general.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Here's the first course I've created in a while: P-Switch Peril (B0AF-0000-018D-ACA5)

It's a pretty simple puzzle level, but I feel as if there may be some ways it could be improved, so I'm highly open to criticism at this point.

Bonus tip: The Magikoopa is your friend in obtaining the Goomba's Shoe.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's the first course I've created in a while: P-Switch Peril (B0AF-0000-018D-ACA5)

It's a pretty simple puzzle level, but I feel as if there may be some ways it could be improved, so I'm highly open to criticism at this point.

Bonus tip: The Magikoopa is your friend in obtaining the Goomba's Shoe.
The level wasn't bad, and the puzzle aspect was fun. The Magikoopa was kind of unnecessary, as timed Bob-omb throws could also do the trick. Also, you might want to place a one-way wall at the door pictured here, where Mario is, as it's possible to sequence break the level, completing it far quicker than intended, unless you want to keep it there for those who have a thing for speedrunning.

image.jpeg

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
That's pretty stupid, if you ask me.
It kind of makes sense, though. There are so many garbage levels out there that are simply bogging down the servers. If a course isn't getting played and has been up for a long time, it makes sense to clear it from the servers. If they were just randomly removing courses, regardless of plays/stars/comments, then that'd be a different story.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It kind of makes sense, though. There are so many garbage levels out there that are simply bogging down the servers. If a course isn't getting played and has been up for a long time, it makes sense to clear it from the servers. If they were just randomly removing courses, regardless of plays/stars/comments, then that'd be a different story.
Deleting isn't what's stupid, it's the locking of deleted courses. Sure, there's a ton of garbage, but there exists good levels that aren't being played much as well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Just wanted to say thank you Claire Diviner Claire Diviner for starring my Undertale level. I was really worried that i will not get a star for a long time, but thanks to you. Now i can finally stop to think about it. :) Now, people are going to play it more i think.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

Well, that "[insert name here] got in before Daisy" meme can be put to rest now.

Although I don't like her sounds effects

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Deleting isn't what's stupid, it's the locking of deleted courses. Sure, there's a ton of garbage, but there exists good levels that aren't being played much as well.
That is very true. Do we have confirmation on courses that were deleted being "locked"? I've never heard of that happening before the above post. I personally had a course that was deleted, but made some changes and re-uploaded it (with a different title and well after the fact). I'm not sure if that's why I was able to re-upload it or if I could have immediately re-uploaded it the way it was.

For the courses that are good, but aren't getting much attention, the creators need to be more proactive and get their courses seen by potential players. Any time I create a new course, I post about it here, at GameFAQs, MarioMade.com and submit it to Twitch streamers. I'm guessing a course would have to be uploaded for over a month or two with very little plays to actually be removed (and possibly locked).

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this, it's a very interesting topic.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , i have some question for you that could help me for my futur level.
I demand to you because you have pretty much play all of my level and that you are actually speed running some of my level aswell. So here the question:

What do you think i am doing right in my level? And what i am doing like wrong. (By that, i mean what the thing that could perhaps be better.) Also, do you think that my level are well made for speed run?

Sorry if this a hard question for you, i really want to know if i have to improve something in my level. And also see if i am able to made level that are enjoyable but also good for hardcore player and speed runner.

Thank for any feedback on this post! :)
(Also, how the heck that you finished my Undertale level in 46 second?! This is nuts yo...)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey Claire Diviner Claire Diviner , i have some question for you that could help me for my futur level.
I demand to you because you have pretty much play all of my level and that you are actually speed running some of my level aswell. So here the question:

What do you think i am doing right in my level? And what i am doing like wrong. (By that, i mean what the thing that could perhaps be better.) Also, do you think that my level are well made for speed run?

Sorry if this a hard question for you, i really want to know if i have to improve something in my level. And also see if i am able to made level that are enjoyable but also good for hardcore player and speed runner.

Thank for any feedback on this post! :)
(Also, how the heck that you finished my Undertale level in 46 second?! This is nuts yo...)
Well, as for what you're doing right, there isn't much I have to complain about. There aren't any blind jumps leading to death, or things of that nature. The only room for improvement I can think of, but only for the sake of coming up with an idea for improvement, is maybe have more balance in difficulty? I don't know.

As for speedrunning, so far, with the exception for the "bullet hell" that is Temporal Tower, all of your levels seem speedrun friendly, so long as said speedrunner plans his/her route in advance, and plays the level several times to get a feel for how it should be done. There are few levels I've played that are not speedrun friendly (again, Temporal Tower being an example), so most levels are usually speedrun friendly, whether it was intended or not.

As for your Undertale level, I've beaten it quite a few times, so I sort of applied the level layout to muscle memory. lol

Any time I create a new course, I post about it here, at GameFAQs, MarioMade.com and submit it to Twitch streamers. I'm guessing a course would have to be uploaded for over a month or two with very little plays to actually be removed (and possibly locked.
So I had just created a profile on MarioMade's website... and I have no clue how to navigate it, let alone post something.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
The level wasn't bad, and the puzzle aspect was fun. The Magikoopa was kind of unnecessary, as timed Bob-omb throws could also do the trick. Also, you might want to place a one-way wall at the door pictured here, where Mario is, as it's possible to sequence break the level, completing it far quicker than intended, unless you want to keep it there for those who have a thing for speedrunning.

View attachment 92170
Thanks for playing it!

I initially put the Magikoopa there for some type of challenge, though it is kind of challenging enough on it's own, but the Magikoopa incidentally makes it easier.

I'm still having trouble figuring out how that door breaks the level though. It can't be reached from the main starting area, right?... 5 minutes later: Omg, it can lol! I'll have to fix that. Thanks. You're good, lol.

New code: F5D5-0000-018F-5084

Well, that "[insert name here] got in before Daisy" meme can be put to rest now.

Although I don't like her sounds effects
Omg this puts "Hi, I'm Daisy" to shame.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

View attachment 92170
I can never understand why there are users who like to put Warp Doors on top of Spike Traps, abysses, and/or lava. That's just very cruel.

Dan

Smash Lord
I can never understand why there are users who like to put Warp Doors on top of Spike Traps, abysses, and/or lava. That's just very cruel.
It's part of the puzzle. The level is completely fair. It's there to say "you can't proceed through this door without the Goomba's Shoe".

Top Bottom