• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, i have just remade and reupload my Pandora Hearts level, The Abyss. I can't post the link right now, but i recommend you to check out if you can. I have change alot of thing in it.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Imagine if this game was your job...

Well I finally completed my VVVVVV-inspired Gravity flipping course:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHk2wjxluQ

(5AC3-0000-01AB-D887)

I've been working on it on and off for a couple months, so I hope it's good. Also there are two ways to complete the level: the normal way, and "Doing Things The Hard Way".
Ivan, I was able to check out your level.

Even though the layout of the level wasn't dangerous and there weren't any bottomless pit/troll jumps, I still don't like any kind of blind jumps, or rather when you come out of the pipes.

Yes, the flame section was difficult, but it made me smile in reminding me of the old, difficult NES days. I kind of wish there was a checkpoint at that section because everything up to that point is more time-consuming than difficult. I can't make it past that section though. There should at least be a break in the middle or a checkpoint beforehand or something. I hate the babies who are 99% of the people who play this game and 99% of the people who are today's gamers, so I will keep trying this part.

I gave you a star for the thought and creativity, though I don't know anything about "VVVVVV".

I'm surprised I was the first of 6 players to die in trying to retrieve the overturned Spiny at the beginning.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Imagine if this game was your job...

Ivan, I was able to check out your level.

Even though the layout of the level wasn't dangerous and there weren't any bottomless pit/troll jumps, I still don't like any kind of blind jumps, or rather when you come out of the pipes.

Yes, the flame section was difficult, but it made me smile in reminding me of the old, difficult NES days. I kind of wish there was a checkpoint at that section because everything up to that point is more time-consuming than difficult. I can't make it past that section though. There should at least be a break in the middle or a checkpoint beforehand or something. I hate the babies who are 99% of the people who play this game and 99% of the people who are today's gamers, so I will keep trying this part.
There's actually a checkpoint soon after the burner section. lol

I'm sure if he could have it his way, he'd put checkpoints everywhere, like in the game from which the level drew inspiration.

I gave you a star for the thought and creativity, though I don't know anything about "VVVVVV".

I'm surprised I was the first of 6 players to die in trying to retrieve the overturned Spiny at the beginning.
Yeah, simply running to the right as soon as you land will do the trick 100% of the time.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Looking back on it, I should have done something different with the fire section. My thought process was "how can I make a corridor that one has to climb up, then fall down in reverse?" I think I spent more time on that than on any other section, as it was either too easy/mindless or impossible. If I were to change it, I'd probably would have cut out the bottom most ones and add a spring or normal platforms to make to make it shorter.

As for doing things the hard way, this was the inspiration:

The parallels in difficulty are easy to see. It's not exactly clear, but at mine there is a Leaf at the end. If you take it back to the starting door upside down and fly into it (via invisible coin block) it leads to a bonus room with a ton of coins, a few 1 Ups, and a POW Block.

Also I hate to admit, but I died to the Spiny more times than I'd like to say...

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The parallels in difficulty are easy to see. It's not exactly clear, but at mine there is a Leaf at the end. If you take it back to the starting door upside down and fly into it (via invisible coin block) it leads to a bonus room with a ton of coins, a few 1 Ups, and a POW Block.
I never knew about that secret. I didn't even know there was a Tanooki Leaf. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, i guess its time to post the bookmark page for my Pandora Hearts level. So here it is.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/56E5-0000-01B1-F601
Also, if you play this level. Please finish it for that i believe again that humanity id still intelligent.

By that, don't die on the begin when you have coin that tell you where the land. Because someone is actually dead like that.

And it make me just sad. (Also, there is like 9 people who have played this level, with like 24 try. And no one have finish it.:facepalm:)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, i guess its time to post the bookmark page for my Pandora Hearts level. So here it is.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/56E5-0000-01B1-F601
Also, if you play this level. Please finish it for that i believe again that humanity id still intelligent.

By that, don't die on the begin when you have coin that tell you where the land. Because someone is actually dead like that.

And it make me just sad. (Also, there is like 9 people who have played this level, with like 24 try. And no one have finish it.:facepalm:)
Makes one wonder why a lot of Mario Maker players suck at life.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, i mean. Nobody in the old version have die at this part. So why now?! Except' if they don't look the screen, i just can't see how they could have miss that.:4charizard:

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.:4morton:

Dan

Smash Lord
Yeah, a lot of the X's on our levels can be baffling, but we've all made mistakes before.

But I'm also willing to bet there are players out there playing the 100-Mario challenge who die on the first simple challenge, maybe even something like a Goomba, and just rage to the next level.

I could see the average Mario Maker player trying to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich; smears jelly on wall and peanut butter on counter.

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I made one more level. I can't upload any more levels (for now) so I made sure to put a lot of effort into this one.

Automatic Mario? (It's not!) (WARNING: OBSCENELY DIFFICULT!): C315-0000-01B3-561E

Until I get more stars, I'm not going to be able to make any more levels. Please star some of my levels (even the poopy ones) so I can upload some better ones!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm thinking to reupload two of my level. One being "The Revenge of Vile" (Because it's been a long time since i have got someone playing that level.). And "The True Power of NEO", because i have something that i think could been better.

inb4 perfectionnist.:001:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I made one more level. I can't upload any more levels (for now) so I made sure to put a lot of effort into this one.

Automatic Mario? (It's not!) (WARNING: OBSCENELY DIFFICULT!): C315-0000-01B3-561E

Until I get more stars, I'm not going to be able to make any more levels. Please star some of my levels (even the poopy ones) so I can upload some better ones!
I finally got around to playing the level. Though I commented on it via Miiverse, I may as well elaborate a little more here. As I mentioned, the level was more trial and error, and it wasn't like the error/troll deaths were devastating (setting you far behind on progress), so you get points for that. The difficulty comes not from execution, but more from guessing wrong, but that element isn't rampant either. All in all, while I usually don't enjoy levels, like this, your execution of the level wasn't nearly as headache inducing as the bad ones, and figuring each section out was pretty simple, so I actually had fun with it, which almost never happens.

EDIT: Never realized you put hints everywhere in the form of comments (I almost always have comments disabled). I never used the spring to trap enemies; I just kept on going. I never knew there was a Yoshi before the one near the pipe under the Thwomps, etc. lol

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When you reupload a level and that you have already get 2 stars, even tough that nobody have finish it.
8e3.gif
It's just right.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's still quite disturbing whenever your courses receive very low clear rates, even though they're not atrociously hard to complete. Those amateur players are quite prone to giving your courses a bad name, and frankly, it makes you wonder if they ever played a Super Mario series 2D platformer before.

I guess I'm just bringing this up, because so far, my newest course doesn't have a single clear yet (only 3 players played it, and their combined total of 22 attempts all ended in failure), and no stars either, which means that it's at risk of getting removed at a later date.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's still quite disturbing whenever your courses receive very low clear rates, even though they're not atrociously hard to complete. Those amateur players are quite prone to giving your courses a bad name, and frankly, it makes you wonder if they ever played a Super Mario series 2D platformer before.

I guess I'm just bringing this up, because so far, my newest course doesn't have a single clear yet (only 3 players played it, and their combined total of 22 attempts all ended in failure), and no stars either, which means that it's at risk of getting removed at a later date.
I know that feel, everyone that is trying to make good level and get no stars know that feel. Really, people should just not buy a game just be hype, especially if they don't know how to press the button A when there is just a Goomba. (Because that's what i have see on one of my level.) Really, do what i have did, reupload you're level if you don't have get star since a long moment. And if you are lucky like me, you will even get some stars on day one.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that feel, everyone that is trying to make good level and get no stars know that feel. Really, people should just not buy a game just be hype, especially if they don't know how to press the button A when there is just a Goomba. (Because that's what i have see on one of my level.) Really, do what i have did, reupload you're level if you don't have get star since a long moment. And if you are lucky like me, you will even get some stars on day one.
Still, if Nintendo removes your courses, you can't reupload them without making any changes to them. And trust me, I had one course that got removed, which I updated, and yet the updated version got removed as well. Additionally, another course that I updated got removed, even with the checkpoint flag inclusion; the old revision actually received some stars, despite lacking checkpoints.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still, if Nintendo removes your courses, you can't reupload them without making any changes to them. And trust me, I had one course that got removed, which I updated, and yet the updated version got removed as well. Additionally, another course that I updated got removed as well, even with the checkpoint flag inclusion; the old revision actually received some stars, despite lacking checkpoints.
Well, i was saying to remove the level before Nintendo remove it. If you do so, you are fine. Atleast, i haven't get any problem by reuploading the same level over and over with some change here and there. You have just to know when you're level haven't get any star for a long period of time, and then remove before Nintendo do it.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I don't always make Mario Maker levels
but when I do, I waste a whole week on it

Bombworks Brigand - 41FD-0000-01C1-E568

A classic ol' level with all my soul and life poured into it. I got excited by the checkpoint update maybe a bit much and made it really long, so don't worry if you can't clear it on your first try or don't have the time to find all the secrets.

If you liked it, feel free to check out my creator profile as well, I have two more levels that share that similar classic feel.

EDIT: I honestly didn't know you could create two checkpoints in one level >.> Well, I remade the level and it should be much better now, please try it again if you were unable to clear in the last time.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Look again; I played, cleared, and started it earlier today. The sub area will be hard for casual noobs. I actually lost twice in that area alone. The Lakitu didn't help either, though I found a way to take him out, so it wasn't too much of a problem for me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Look again; I played, cleared, and started it earlier today. The sub area will be hard for casual noobs. I actually lost twice in that area alone. The Lakitu didn't help either, though I found a way to take him out, so it wasn't too much of a problem for me.
Some point before you made that post, I actually did notice that someone cleared my new course.

Anyway, I did do various tests to see if I could get past the Lakitu and the other enemies without getting hit. It's doable, but you just need to be careful while getting past the conveyor belt portions.

And for those who reach Bowser Jr., you need to hijack his Fire Koopa Clown Car, as it's the key to destroying the Hard Blocks that block your path to the goal flagpole.

Dan

Smash Lord
inb4 perfectionnist.:001:
Nah man, that's the way to be. One of the most interesting philosophical Mario Maker discussions one can have is "When is a level actually complete?". :laugh: Unfortunately Nintendo are total A-holes to perfectionists in this game with the block limit.

I don't always make Mario Maker levels
but when I do, I waste a whole week on it
My new signature?

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Still, if Nintendo removes your courses, you can't reupload them without making any changes to them. And trust me, I had one course that got removed, which I updated, and yet the updated version got removed as well. Additionally, another course that I updated got removed, even with the checkpoint flag inclusion; the old revision actually received some stars, despite lacking checkpoints.
What was the title? I've heard that Nintendo has banned certain courses due to the title, not necessarily something within the course. I think there's a lot of misinformation out there right now. I've been trying to research these claims to try and get to the bottom of this. I wish Nintendo would just clearly state what their criteria was for removing courses, would make it much simpler for all of us.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What was the title? I've heard that Nintendo has banned certain courses due to the title, not necessarily something within the course. I think there's a lot of misinformation out there right now. I've been trying to research these claims to try and get to the bottom of this. I wish Nintendo would just clearly state what their criteria was for removing courses, would make it much simpler for all of us.
The answer seems perfectly clear that your uploaded courses need to receive at least one star. Courses that don't have ANY stars are subject to deletion after a set amount of days have passed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah man, that's the way to be. One of the most interesting philosophical Mario Maker discussions one can have is "When is a level actually complete?". :laugh: Unfortunately Nintendo are total A-holes to perfectionists in this game with the block limit.

My new signature?
lol, dont worry, i wasnt really serious. I know that being a perfectionist is a good thing when it come to making level. It's just that i am really paying attention to every little detail that could ruin the experience for some.
Also yeah, those limit are pretty....How i could say? Limited? Really, this game will be better without some stupid limit like the block limit. Imagine, 20XX, you can place a limitless amount of block.:4iggy:

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
image.jpeg

With my 2000th star, I am finally able to upload the final two worlds of Nintendo Sirens. Overall, I had fun making them. I wasn't sure if I would've been 100% committed to it, but I'm glad it worked out.

World 8 is tough, especially 8-4. As for World 9, just like my previous series, all stages are simply titled "Golden Road". 9-1, like the previous series' 9-1, is a recreation of a certain game's 1-1, while the rest are levels containing varying challenges. I wonder if anyone recognizes the layout of 9-2. I suppose players of Zelda 1 would get it.

Anyway, with those out of the way, I can finally focus on other level projects, including a Kaizo-difficult level series titled "Claire Trials"... But those won't see the light of day until my 3000th star. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 95511

With my 2000th star, I am finally able to upload the final two worlds of Nintendo Sirens. Overall, I had fun making them. I wasn't sure if I would've been 100% committed to it, but I'm glad it worked out.

World 8 is tough, especially 8-4. As for World 9, just like my previous series, all stages are simply titled "Golden Road". 9-1, like the previous series' 9-1, is a recreation of a certain game's 1-1, while the rest are levels containing varying challenges. I wonder if anyone recognizes the layout of 9-2. I suppose players of Zelda 1 would get it.

Anyway, with those out of the way, I can finally focus on other level projects, including a Kaizo-difficult level series titled "Claire Trials"... But those won't see the light of day until my 3000th star. lol
I am going to boorkmark it for later! (Or another day, since people are going to come at my house for a party for my birthday.)

Also,i have just finish yesterday a level that was finish in one night. Because i needed a level that could fit in a row of 3 level, and even tough it was hard. I actually did it! However, the level isn't online now because i am too lazy to do it right now. (And because i know that i will have to do alot of retry, because spoiler alert, it's not easy.) But, i can atleast the name of the level, and the name is...
The King in the Moutain, ASGORE

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Came here to present my last two courses:

Cute music in the dark castle (F914-0000-01BC-0C0A)
Bookmark link
My first attempt at a "kaizo" level, I know it's maybe not great most notably due to being rather short but hey. The "cute music" obviously refers to the P-switch music from SMB3 which you will ear during the level's duration where you'll have to use P-switches as platforms.
And for anyone who's wondering, yes, you must pass through the door in the picture above. To be fair I myself can't do it consistently... [Guaranteed with no developer's secret to download it easily, just in case anyone is wondering]

Infiltrating King K. Rool's ship (F914-0000-01BC-0C0A)
Bookmark link
Diddy Kong must explore an underwater cave, unfortunately he will have to pass through King K. Rool's ship to reach it. Make sure to not be hurt by him and bypass the tricky hazards he installed in his ship, in order to go underwater again, then uit the ship for good. Then you'll have three path choices to hit the flagpole and thus finally go to the underwater cave Diddy was supposed to visit.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Came here to present my last two courses:

Cute music in the dark castle (F914-0000-01BC-0C0A)
Bookmark link
My first attempt at a "kaizo" level, I know it's maybe not great most notably due to being rather short but hey. The "cute music" obviously refers to the P-switch music from SMB3 which you will ear during the level's duration where you'll have to use P-switches as platforms.
And for anyone who's wondering, yes, you must pass through the door in the picture above. To be fair I myself can't do it consistently... [Guaranteed with no developer's secret to download it easily, just in case anyone is wondering]

Infiltrating King K. Rool's ship (F914-0000-01BC-0C0A)
Bookmark link
Diddy Kong must explore an underwater cave, unfortunately he will have to pass through King K. Rool's ship to reach it. Make sure to not be hurt by him and bypass the tricky hazards he installed in his ship, in order to go underwater again, then uit the ship for good. Then you'll have three path choices to hit the flagpole and thus finally go to the underwater cave Diddy was supposed to visit.
I wasn't aware of this post when I saw your Kaizo level. I gotta say, I really enjoyed the challenge. Tough as it is, the deaths aren't cheap or unfair; one just has to git gud, so I respect that. Honestly, the only hard part for me, was figuring out how to slow down my momentum to stay on the POW Blocks, everything else was pretty much smooth. Good job.

As for the Diddy Kong level, I also enjoyed it too. Nothing too unique, as everything is fairly standard, but I did like the pixel art, as well as the little Gangplank Galleon jingle.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He HEh HEH!!!

Hello people here! Me, i have just get a great new: i have finally get 300 stars! (Well, actually, i have 302 stars right now.) AND! since yesterday, i have upload my last level! So here it is:

The King in The Moutain, ASGORE

This level is, as you may tell, based of Undertale character, Asgore. However, contrary to some other Undertale level, who try to replicate the " Be in a box and dodge thing until X times". This level is more similar to my previous Undertale. The True Power of NEO, however, there is of course alot of difference between the two so, i recommedn to check out. It's hard but fair, of course.

Also, i have reupload two of my level (And one have get 2 stars and one comment on the first day, perfect:cool:. Also, this was a nice comment. :)) So, if you want to see the difference, here you go.

UnderBound V6 (Yup, again.)

And

Freddy Fazbear Pizza V5

I hope you will enjoy those level! :)

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Recently got a capture card and have been streaming Mario Maker on Twitch. Actually, my brother has been playing and I'm usually running the queue and the chat. Our Twitch account is Twitch.tv/AZBros. If anyone is interested in having us play your courses live on stream, feel free to stop by (you can also follow us to be notified when we go live).

If you'd like to submit a level, just type !submit in the chat or check our Twitch profile for instructions. We play levels from viewers currently watching, but you can add your levels at any time. We prefer fun and unique levels over anything and ask that you avoid submitting any kind of Kaizo, troll, auto-scroller or trial-and-error type course. Most of the levels I've BOOKMARK'd and played from our SmashBoards community here have been great!

Hopefully it's okay that I post this here, don't want to anger the mods. I know a lot of people like watching their courses played live so thought it might be okay. If not, sorry about that! :bee:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
2 of my level haven't get any stars or finish...
I'm scarred guys.:111:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Which two levels?
The two level here.
He HEh HEH!!!

Hello people here! Me, i have just get a great new: i have finally get 300 stars! (Well, actually, i have 302 stars right now.) AND! since yesterday, i have upload my last level! So here it is:

The King in The Moutain, ASGORE

This level is, as you may tell, based of Undertale character, Asgore. However, contrary to some other Undertale level, who try to replicate the " Be in a box and dodge thing until X times". This level is more similar to my previous Undertale. The True Power of NEO, however, there is of course alot of difference between the two so, i recommedn to check out. It's hard but fair, of course.

Also, i have reupload two of my level (And one have get 2 stars and one comment on the first day, perfect:cool:. Also, this was a nice comment. :)) So, if you want to see the difference, here you go.

Freddy Fazbear Pizza V5

I hope you will enjoy those level! :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That was posted Monday. A week hasn't even gone by and you're worried? Come now, you're good. :p
Well..Yeah, but you see, Asgore level is the one i am kinda worried, since this level is difficult. It mean it will have along time before someone who can beat it or enjoy it put a star. And even tough i know that erasing a level before he get removed by Nintendo is a thing. That doesn't mean when i have to erase it.

Also, i need feedback on Asgore level and i am sad that i have lose every stars on Freddy Fazbear Pizza. :( (By lose, i mean how it can show the popularity of the level.)

Also, my reuploaded Power of NEO have 0.00% clear rate, lol. But people have still starred that level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom