• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
I have 20 stars so far.

This game is better than SM64 in every single way. @_@ The physics in this game are amazing, and it doesn't complicate itself with needless stuff, it just throws levels at you and lets you have fun.

You know how in Sunshine they only had a couple places, and tons of shines to get there, even if you don't really like the place? Galaxy has none of that. A ****load of levels with just a few stars here and there, to keep the variety interesting. It's way better.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The Wii doesn't need saving at all.

Maybe some redeeming, but no saving.

I'm pissed that my town didn't get it. Curse you all.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
lol, I play my Wii pretty often, with Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, Paper Mario, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Rayman Raving Rabbids, not to mention the several VC games I've downloaded (and otherwise would've never played). It's an ignorant statement to say "nobody enjoys it."

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Pre-ordered it on friday and getting it tomorrow after school. The coin isn't too bad, was hoping for an actual mario coin for the game, but was worth it was the message I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdcmHy-7Jpo

This message was worth pre-ordering it. Can't wait to play tomorrow.
I like him better when he doesn't talk much. Felt so cheesy hearing him say all that.

mario-man

Smash Lord
blazer 787, can't you just drop it already?!?! not everyone is like you. Most people do not get tired of the games Nintendo "churns" out. I happen to like them, and if you don't, please stop ruining the thread for others. thx

(i'm not your enemy here)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I just got back from the Galaxy midnight launch!

They actually started selling them at like 11:50ish because of GameStop's clock being wrong (intentionally i think). They didnt have nearly as much merch as they did for Halo 3, the last launch I was at, but I did grab a Galaxy logo keychain tonight. I was 4th in line for this one, getting their at 8 with my buddies. We were first in line for Halo 3, but we got to that one at like 5:30 or 6:00.

Anyway I'm probably not gonna play tonight, I am just to tired to get into a game right now, but will all day tomorrow.

Anybody else go to a midnight launch?

mario-man

Smash Lord
mario-man, heed your own advice.
umm.....I'm lost

what do you mean?!?! he comes onto a Mario Galaxy thread, and starts talking about how it will eventually not be a great game because Nintendo is churning out games to keep the money flowing. Saying that we will get tired if them. I was simply stating that he should drop it(trying to ruin the thread) and quit being so negative. Most people like the games Nintendo is putting out, and I don't intend to change my oppinion just because of what he says. However, we don't need someone coming on here ruining the fun we're having by saying basically that Nintendo is putting out near worthless games. If that is not what you meant blazer787, then I'm sorry for this, but it seemed to me and others, that you were trying to say that Nintendo is not creative anymore.

If you ARE saying that, then I have one word for you: Wii

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
He's just as worthy to state his opininon as you are. It's not like he's flaming people who DO support the game. That's all Cashed was trying to say. That and you are doing the same thing as him- just on the other end. This thread isn't about Nintendo anyway- it's about ONE SPECIFIC GAME. Everything else can go in the Wii thread or the console debates.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
nintendo said it is the true sequal to sm64, i don't believe a word of it. i could say that for every mario game, but it doesn't mean its true. it is just something they said to raise the hype, doesn't mean it is the next sm64. you can NEVER trust what nintendo says.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
nintendo said it is the true sequal to sm64, i don't believe a word of it. i could say that for every mario game, but it doesn't mean its true. it is just something they said to raise the hype, doesn't mean it is the next sm64. you can NEVER trust what nintendo says.
You know, it's fine if you don't want to trust Nintendo on this one, and what you say makes some sense.

Personally, I wasn't inclined to trust Nintendo about this game either, but I am inclined to trust the game's 9.7 press average. Unless you think there's some kind of grand Mario conspiracy, you ought to at least give the game a chance before you continue to complain about how bad you're sure it will be.

I think you're being rather silly.

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
Butt stomp on its back. This game is truly amazing. This will be the best Wii game until Brawl comes out me thinks.

Sir James

The Doctor
Butt stomp on its back. This game is truly amazing. This will be the best Wii game until Brawl comes out me thinks.
Quoted for truth. I can't get over how great this game is. It was so epic when I was running to Peach's castle in the first minute of the game and then realized how the layout was similiar to Mario 64. Nintendo really did try hard to make this game the true successor to Mario 64 and I think they did a **** good job.

This game may actually be better as well. I would have never saw that coming. I was starting to think Nintendo wouldn't be able to pull it off.

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
At first I was kinda worried about this game, but it turned out to be the most original and fun game I have played in a long time. I don't know how you could not like this game. Every galaxy has something new to offer and it doesn't get repetitive.

Its one of those games that when you're done you think "Man did I just really play that for 3 hours?"

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Yes. You can NEVER trust IGN, Gamespot, X-Play, Game Informer, Famitsu, Bell Tree, Hooked Gamers, BGB, Yahoo! Games, Nintendo World Report, Kotaku, Joystiq, GoNintendo, Game Daily, GamesRadar, Gaming Target, GameSpy, PALGN, GameTrailers, Deeko, GamePro, EuroGamer, Game Revolution, GameTap, Gaming Age, GameZone, Official Nintendo Magazine UK, NGamer UK, 1UP, Computer and Video Games, games(TM), and the thousands of people who already have their copies. Can't trust any of them.

Seriously, are you going to act like this every time a game comes out?

"IT'S NEW! THEY'LL JUST HYPE IT, AND PEOPLE WILL "LIKE" IT AND FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!"

Sure, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 3 aren't really talked about as much as they used to, but they are still good games, and people still ike them. But Mario Galaxy is so much better. It has amazing graphics and gameplay and has gotten better reviews than those games.

I can honestly say that it is, in fact, the true successor to Mario 64. It's revolutionary with innovative gameplay mechanics, you get to explore huge worlds, and it's easy to play... everything Sunshine wasn't.

Give it more time. You'll like it more. If not, oh well. I tried.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think everyone should appreciate the graphics. This game wouldn't be half as epic if we were still running with N64 looks. Just to everyone who says graphics don't matter.

Yes, this game is effing sweet regardless, but I think the music and graphics really pull it together so you are completely immersed.

Definetly best game on Wii so far. ( And I'm only 15 stars in.)

-PM-

Smash Ace
im almost done with the game and i say its amazing the bosses could have been a bit harder and it sill isnt as good as super mario 64 (gameplay wise) but it is still amazing much better then SPM and SMS

mario-man

Smash Lord
You know, it's fine if you don't want to trust Nintendo on this one, and what you say makes some sense.

Personally, I wasn't inclined to trust Nintendo about this game either, but I am inclined to trust the game's 9.7 press average. Unless you think there's some kind of grand Mario conspiracy, you ought to at least give the game a chance before you continue to complain about how bad you're sure it will be.

I think you're being rather silly.
Yes. You can NEVER trust IGN, Gamespot, X-Play, Game Informer, Famitsu, Bell Tree, Hooked Gamers, BGB, Yahoo! Games, Nintendo World Report, Kotaku, Joystiq, GoNintendo, Game Daily, GamesRadar, Gaming Target, GameSpy, PALGN, GameTrailers, Deeko, GamePro, EuroGamer, Game Revolution, GameTap, Gaming Age, GameZone, Official Nintendo Magazine UK, NGamer UK, 1UP, Computer and Video Games, games(TM), and the thousands of people who already have their copies. Can't trust any of them.

Seriously, are you going to act like this every time a game comes out?

"IT'S NEW! THEY'LL JUST HYPE IT, AND PEOPLE WILL "LIKE" IT AND FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!"

Sure, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 3 aren't really talked about as much as they used to, but they are still good games, and people still ike them. But Mario Galaxy is so much better. It has amazing graphics and gameplay and has gotten better reviews than those games.

I can honestly say that it is, in fact, the true successor to Mario 64. It's revolutionary with innovative gameplay mechanics, you get to explore huge worlds, and it's easy to play... everything Sunshine wasn't.

Give it more time. You'll like it more. If not, oh well. I tried.
okay guys, this ^^^ is what I was essentially trying to say. It just came out wrong

Top Bottom