• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy 2

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In celebration of SMG2, I'm going to playthrough SMG again and get every star this time! :D This game is looking fantastic.
That's an idea...maybe I should replay Galaxy entirely instead of picking up at the end of the game, where I've been for at least a year now.

This game looks really promising (despite the fact that I didn't enjoy Galaxy 1 as much as everyone else), and I want to get it, but I have far too many games and far too few that I've beaten, so I'm going to attempt to beat some more before I get this.

I want to at LEAST 100% Galaxy, I'd also like to 100% Sunshine and 64 (I've 100%'d 64 DS, but didn't get the original until sometime last year).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That's an idea...maybe I should replay Galaxy entirely instead of picking up at the end of the game, where I've been for at least a year now.

This game looks really promising (despite the fact that I didn't enjoy Galaxy 1 as much as everyone else), and I want to get it, but I have far too many games and far too few that I've beaten, so I'm going to attempt to beat some more before I get this.

I want to at LEAST 100% Galaxy, I'd also like to 100% Sunshine and 64 (I've 100%'d 64 DS, but didn't get the original until sometime last year).
I'm actually in the same boat as you. I didn't think Galaxy was that great but Galaxy 2 looks so much better. But I also have a few games I haven't finished yet and I have a pretty big trip coming up that I need to save my money for. I haven't purchased a wii game since brawl but Galaxy2 looks like it might be one of those games that I need to own as opposed to the first which I only rented.

I'm listening to a few of the youtube songs and my god this soundtrack is fantastic!

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Galaxy 2 > 64 > Galaxy > Sunshine. At least how I view it.
Anyways, for those of you who're kinda iffy about getting the game or have doubts about how similar it is to the first one, let me put those to rest. Just get the **** game. Honestly, it's one of the best games I've played in a long time. When I picked up the game last night at midnight, I immediately went home to try it out and I thought "Alright, lemme see how similar it is to the first." I was just blown away. It's truly an amazing game. I've been playing it from the instant I woke up until now; I only came on here to check some Mod stuff and I couldn't help overlooking this thread. Take it from me, you really won't be disappointed. :p

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The graphics are amazing, music's amazing, gameplay's fun... hell, everything's great.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
IGNorant gave this a 10/10.

I doubt it since a glitch has been found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1uexrKEJI
It's just a glitch :ohwell:

I think this game deserves a 10. I'm at 65 stars, and every level so far has been amazing. No level is like another, and each one challenges you in a different way. Most levels are specifically designed around Yoshi, a powerup, or various gravity tricks, so only a few are boring.

UberMario

Smash Master
It's just a glitch :ohwell:
It's not the fact that it's a glitch (which it is), as much as it is an unintentional method you can use with Yoshi to fly to anywhere, in ANY direction, including underneath stuff. Still a great game though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Who's gonna go through the time to perform that glitch? Not me.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
People are putting this above SM64??? O.o Maybe Zelda Wii will surpass OoT! :laugh:
Believe me, I'm a total nostalgiaf*g and I have tons of respect for the older stuff. Normally, I would never place the new game over the older one just because it's new and more pretty than the old one. But honestly, it's well-deserved. 64 was and still is one of my favorite games of all-time and continues to blow me away, but Galaxy 2 is just... wow. When you play it, you'll know what I mean. The effort they put into this game is just impossible to miss.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
This game is simply stunning. The music on the Mario Ship is just, wow. The levels are very creative and original...and the power-ups are very easy to use.

This game is amazing and one of the best I've played in awhile. There really isn't anything I don't like (well except for not seeing the Ice Flower yet because I loved it and its music).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I completely agree with FAILchion. This game is absolutely amazing. This could be my favorite mario game ever and I absolutely love SMW, SMB3 and SMB64.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just now turned this game on after letting my brother play it first for about 8 hours.

One of my biggest gripes with the first SMG was the lack of an impact the coins had, and that they were outclassed by Star Bits in every way. If the Coin count I saw at the end of the first course is any indication, then that litle setback has been rectified.

lol Peewee Pirahna's a Squeak Toy. 8D

Yaya

Smash Champion
They so shoulda made this game for the super hardcore.

For example:

Gobblegut shoulda had a 1-hit KO attack where he eats you, I mean, that's what Bowser Jr. SAYS when he calls Gobblegut, that dinners ready.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
They so shoulda made this game for the super hardcore.

For example:

Gobblegut shoulda had a 1-hit KO attack where he eats you, I mean, that's what Bowser Jr. SAYS when he calls Gobblegut, that dinners ready.
You know I thought about this. I remember thinking the same thing.

As for above, I'm SO happy they did use coins, it actually gives you a reason to collect them now instead of just for life.

And if I'm not mistaken they just take you to hidden galaxies, correct?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Wow this game looks amazing, every flaw int eh original has been ironed out. Reviews have been kicking butt. Best Mario game ever?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this game is amazing

though i dont think it tops mario 64 for me, but its easily at least the 2nd best mario game

i like the level design more in 64, where you have fewer big worlds with 7 starts in each. it makes really creative ways to get stars as you use different tactics and methods to do things in the same stage. having some stages where theres only 2 stars is kind of a let down.
some of the early stages were a tad long which was meh, but as it got on it seems like the stars were a lil quicker to get (not easier though) which speeds up the overall gameplay which i really enjoy (especially being a speedrunner).
and the difficulty is definitely stepped up which I really appreciate.

what a great game.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I love it. Picked it up on Sunday, I like it better than 64 to be honest (so far) . Yoshi is fun.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I still think even the original Galaxy was better than 64.

Just everything about the game was so great. It really felt like a truer Mario game, too, going back to its roots with linearity, which I absolutely loved. It was basically what Mario 64 and Sunshine should have been, but it's understandable that they wanted to take a different route with the games since it was a transition to 3d and all.

I'm hoping to pick this up in about 2 weeks now! ^_^ Or maybe I can get it a little after graduation.

I can't wait to get into the Throwback Galaxy. I absolutely loved the original 64 music. ^_^

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I can easily agree this at least ties 64. But I can admit SMG2 is topping the first SMG for one reason.

My reaction to being able to play as Weegee in World 3 without completing the game with Mario: HECK YESZ!

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like it's Mario time gentlefolks, I need to find a store with SMG2 in stock, I only got SMG last year:laugh: .

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Oiii I wanna check the link, but the idea of having the plot(?) spoiled is eart shattering.

Fair warning to anyone wanting to buy this, the missions where you blow up junk are back. Just, instead, it's Fire Flowers. I was able to beat it on my first try but only with one second left. Basically, "good luck." This game definitely is more challenging in some aspects than the first.

-shameless plug to link in signature-

SonicTHDark

Smash Cadet
Oiii I wanna check the link, but the idea of having the plot(?) spoiled is eart shattering.

Fair warning to anyone wanting to buy this, the missions where you blow up junk are back. Just, instead, it's Fire Flowers. I was able to beat it on my first try but only with one second left. Basically, "good luck." This game definitely is more challenging in some aspects than the first.

-shameless plug to link in signature-
Don't worry GALOT no spoilers in there.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Just played for 4 hours without realizing it.

On World 4 right now, have 46 stars.

I've gotten every star possible for me to get, saving a couple Prankster comets I might not have unlocked due to missing like, 2 comet coins.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Beat Block Galaxy is easily one of the best levels in the game.

Almost beats Wild Glide Galaxy in my book.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Beat Block Galaxy is easily one of the best levels in the game.

Almost beats Wild Glide Galaxy in my book.
Beat Block Galaxy:

Whoever came up with that idea wins at life, seriously:

As a drummer, I love having to keep to a beat, I also wanted to make a custom SMW level that was scrolling that you had to jump in time to the music, similar to that, but I fail at Lunar Magic. =(

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I myself love keeping to a beat as well in my spare time, but I hum the tunes instead of using an instrument - I even sample in some custom beats in to hear how the song plays out with them added. Imagine my surprise and joy when the level basically fulfilled a hobby of mine that's been going on for years.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ok I think this is like, the first and only complaint I have for the game ( and I love the game so.. )

The camera fixes itself a lot, at least to me. It's killed me sometimes. Other than that, this is now my favorite Mario game.

I actually do find the Cosmic Mario stars to be somewhat challenging. The Haunted Hallway one was just...wow better not mess up at all.

§leepy God

Smash Master
The comet levels are challenging as some reviewers say, some of them took more than 5 lives from me. x_X

Galaxy 2 has so many amazing sound track, that it will take me a while to know which one I like the most.

Top Bottom