• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct Recap

Wonder_recap.jpg

The Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct was filled with a whopping 15 minutes of footage. The Direct showed off new characters, enemies, four player local-co-op, and many other features. Join Mario and friends as they trek through the new Flower Kingdom with Prince Florian.

All the characters include:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Yellow Toad
  • Blue Toad
  • Toadette
  • Nabbit*
  • Yoshi*
  • Red Yoshi*
  • Yellow Yoshi*
  • Light-Blue Yoshi*
* - denotes a character that takes no damage

Some old and new abilities are in too, including the Bubble, Drill, Elephant, and Fire Flower power ups. There is also the introduction of badges that grant new abilities, and Wonder Effects that change how the world works.

You can watch the full direct here:

Super Mario Bros. Wonder arrives on Nintendo Switch on October 20th, 2023.

Author's Note: ...I'm pumped for this one. Now I just need to grab three other people in person to play it with me. What are your thoughts? Let us know!

Credits:
Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Social: @Zerp

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

So my issue is with the Wonder Flower. When touching it, that changes the the obvious mechanics and appearances of a stage. What I am getting from this is that is will ONLY affect THAT section of the level until you get the Wonder Seed. If you play through it normally without the Wonder Flower, it’s straight forward but getting the Wonder Flower will add a unique layer to that section but also allows possible alternate pathways. I understand they are trying to make it more fantastical and surprising but, to me, it seems so linear. I would rather see that Wonder Flower cause a randomized event to pop up that can affect the area rather than it constantly happening through every playthrough. Is this criticism understandable?

The Wonder Flower affects are tailored to a certain area of that level in order to provide an way to navigate that section that is only a unique experience once rather than a randomized event that changes with each playthrough that allows nearly countless ways to navigate it.

They way they approached it, if they did approach it this way, seems far more limited than what it’s being portrayed as. Thus the three new power ups and badges are a way to provide further ways to play a level aside from the scripted and choreographed seemingly random event that Wonder Flower provides for.

I AAM SOORRRY THAT THERES NO WAAAAAAHRIO MY FAVORITE CAHARCTER!

No but seriously wario land 3 is one of my earliest gaming memories!

While I can talk about possible DLC with additional characters (like Rosalina, Pauline, and Birdo) all I want, the thing I really feel is truely missing is the standard normal Toad. You know. Blue vest, red spots, etc. Normal Toad. Buckenberry and Alagold are great, but it feels weird to leave the standard Toad out of the game almost entirely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom