• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
Goodluck everyone at the superlion. im hoping for my freind Mr-r To win. I play with him since june 2008 and he has improved the most out of everyone i have faced. Also calzorz (bestuk snake) and kira(best uk MK) FTW because they represent UK!

I think the players from holland will be the ones competing against the french. Lets not forget the special sweedish players armada and izaw. Also from spain i have been impressed with marcbri and i think he will place high for spain :). I dont think many germans are coming.. its a shame cause they have great smashers. Have i missed anyoe out?

Will their be any live streams?

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, we can't make it.
We checked flight tickets yesterday and it would cost 350 euros each.
Little expensive, but totally worth it.
We couldn't buy tickets cuz we needed to change Armadas dollars to SEK so we could afford
it.

Today when I was going to book, the tickets now cost 450 euros.
And I can't afford that right now.

So, we're really sorry guys.
Hope the tournament will be a blast, and I wish you all good luck.
I'm looking forward to the vids.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Did you look into the interrail stuff i posted on the swedish forum aniolas? Or is it really just not as cheap to travel that way for swedes - smasher said he thought it would cost extra in some countries =/

Aniolas

Smash Ace
stelzig:

The thing is that I work, all the days that week except friday.
So I planned to fly with KLM, and take the morning flight to Lyon, and be there around 11:30,
so we made it to brawl teams.

Then call in sick saturday and sunday, and take the morning flight back on monday to get to work in time.

Interrail should have worked, but it takes to long to get to Lyon from Gothenburg with train. =(

Faab

Smash Ace
Sucks that you guy's cant make it =/
I'll be expecting you 2 for Zest now though.

Ps: Bring me a bottle of that fanta when you come for zest <3

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
sorry to hear the flights are so expensive aniolas, but it'd so amazing if you came ;_;
cant help you, but i hope the marseille flight works for you two!
maybe someone can pick you up, there should be a few ppl in lyon at that time...

Hikotsu

Smash Cadet
Hum... I see Armada and Aniolas confirmed. Actually, Armada is registred 2 times, one at last, and he says that he is confirmed, and the other next to Aniolas, that he says he's not confirmed. Aniolas is confirmed ._.

Well, Armada and Aniolas will come at last or not? ._.

PD: Sorry for mi english, LOL

Aniolas

Smash Ace
We was checking flight tickets yesterday, and we decided to go, so I confirmed.
But then I wasn't able to log out and confirm Armada.

So I tried to make a new profile, but I was still logged in on my profile.
So ADam helped me out and confirmed Armada, that's why it's two Armadas.
(Haha, 2 Armadas, that would be cool to see, awesome team.)

But today when we was about to buy tickets, they have change the price from 350 to 450 euros each.
So I can no longer afford it, sorry.

I still hope for a miracle so we can get there, I really want to go
(and def want have that beer with my man kone).

I gonna pray to God himself, hope he listen.

Samochan

Smash Master
Ani, what about ryanair? If you guys live near enough Göteborg, you could ryanair to london and then ryanair/easyjet to lyon and then back, possibly trough grenoble. Or some other rendezvous points between lyon and sweden.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
You can get from Marseille to Lyon by trian pretty easily.

Check on : http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/

Edit by Slhoka : WTF, I never wrote that post O_o
porc, log out my account on your computer :laugh:

Anyway, it seems there are no trains going from Marseille to Lyon after 11pm (the first one leaves at 5:03 am)
However, why don't you try to take this flight ? It could work, unless you're working during this day and can't leave that early.

During the day, you can easily find a train going from Marseille to Lyon for 35€/person (or 57 if you want to take a high speed train).

I'm trying to find another way, but it will depend whether Boo can house you guys or not. He lives in Avignon (not that far from Marseille), and a train is going there, leaving Marseille at 23:21.

Lomo

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys, we can't make it.
We checked flight tickets yesterday and it would cost 350 euros each.
Little expensive, but totally worth it.
We couldn't buy tickets cuz we needed to change Armadas dollars to SEK so we could afford
it.

Today when I was going to book, the tickets now cost 450 euros.
And I can't afford that right now.

So, we're really sorry guys.
Hope the tournament will be a blast, and I wish you all good luck.
I'm looking forward to the vids.
1000 sadfaces

Samochan

Smash Master
Depart:

Gothenburg to Marseille with ryanair:

Thu, 6 Aug 09
20:00 Depart 22:40 Arrive
599 SEK/1786,98SEK
173.81€ two adults/ 86,905€ 1

You could possibly take that, but it's really late, dunno if you could make it to the train. :/

Return trip:

Easyjet Lyon to London Gatwick:

Mon 10, August
€72.49
This is how your fare is calculated:
easyJet flight: €58.99
Airport operator charges and government taxes: €13.50
dep. 21:25, arr. 22:00

Easyjet London Gatwick to Gothenburg:

Tue 11, august
£73.99 (87,129€)
easyJet flight: £56.99
Airport operator charges and government taxes: £17.00
dep. 08:00, arr. 10:55

You'd most likely have to spend the night at the airport unless you get housing, you can also fly earlier to London Standsted on same day, but if you don't get housed staying on the same airport would be the best option imo.

Mon 10, August
€79.49
easyJet flight: €65.99
Airport operator charges and government taxes: €13.50
dep. 18:35, arr. 19:15

---

87+35+73+88=283€ per person. Add in some dumb ryanair costs, 5-20€ or so, tourney costs, food, traveling via buss/thingies inside sweden and france and all... I think you guys could manage whole trip for 350€ or even below per person (dunno about any easyjet fares). Booking ryanair online with visa electron would make it free, otherwise 5€ each, I think. You could ask fuzzyness to help with easyjet booking.

Other possible routes include flying from gothenburg to london standsted, then easyjet from there or london gatwick to lyon. The timetables however are not so flexible and most likely more costly in the long run as well, unless you are willing leave wednesday 5th evening to standsted already and then easyjetting to lyon from gatwick on thursday 6th (I heard moving inside in london is costly).

Sleeping on the airport won't kill a person, however it would be best if you guys indeed got some rest before actual tourney, so better get housing and train routes secured before booking flights.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Gbg-Marseille has already been suggested. No trains going that late.

Return won't work because Aniolas must be at work early on monday.

Hikotsu

Smash Cadet
But Armada it's possible that win the tournament (Melee singles, Melee teams as well, and Brawl singles I think xD). Maybe you can pay the travel with this money -.-

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
10€ + 5€ per tournament. So if you only want to enter Melee tournaments, it will be 20€, and to enter all the tournaments it will be 30€.

Kone

Smash Master
ANILOAS AND ARMADA PLEASE READ
=
This may sound a little nuts..........Im currently not going to super lion as some of the british I was hoping to drive there dont have the money. If you guys could get to newcastle/leeds/east midlands/ANY LONDON airport I could pick you guys up and we could drive to super lion. This is completely impractical but is doable and wont be as costly as them flights. If you could get a flight into the UK for thursday we could get a late night cheap ferry crossing(11 euros RETURN). Then itll be around 60-70 euroes from london to lyon return for each person (would be ALOT cheaper but french motorways are costly). This amount could be cheaper if I can find one or two more brits for the car!

Then we could get a late ferry back on sunday and get you back for a flight late sunday or monday?

I think im mad but this could work please read and post. Im happy to do the driving!!!!:chuckle:

So it'd be like 80 euroes return for each person in the car for petrol/motorway costs and ferry return. Add plane tickets on top it should be doable for around 200 euroes each. Im pretty flexible in what dates i can go, just you guys need to let me know what you can or cant do. Driving means that you dont have to worry bout sleeping in a airport over night as ill drive over night and you guys can kip in the car :)

Kone

Smash Master
Aniolas - read what i posted lol and get back to me, would need to make plans very soon to make it possible (tho u may already have sorted something out?) my msn is ceddon@hotmail.com but wont be on till after 5pm

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
kone- me and dacacia still have a spare plane ticket from gatwick on friday morning if you cant arrange other plans.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Kone:
Man, that's like the coolest idea ever!
That would be legendary.

I have tried every possibilty.
We could fly from Gothenburg to London Stansted with Ryanair on thursday, that would cost 100 euros each (one way). Totally worth it, but sadly they didn't have any flights back on the whole week, neither to Stockholm.

So I checked all the other flight companies, and all the tickets would cost 350 (return). =(

But, thanks a lot.
I really appreciate it, and I know that we would have so ****ing fun on the trip.
To bad I don't have the money.

Gaki

Smash Journeyman
So porc i will be calling you later on today to check if the whole france area code crap is working for me.
Apart from that is it correct that Armada is not coming ? >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom