• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

porc

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION EVERYONE

We originally planned on setting an entree fee of 30€ for everyone, whether you enter every tournaments or not.

This is no more !

We decided to put seperate prices !

Venue : 10€ (mandatory, even if you don't participate to any tournament)
Brawl doubles : 5€ (per teammate)
Brawl singles : 5€
Melee doubles : 5€ (per teammate)
Melee singles : 5€
____
Total : 30€ if you participate to everything.

The 60/40% rule about the cashprizes of brawl and melee is no more...

We decided to do so because :
- Now that the food is no more included in the entree price, we thought some people might have problem to pay the 30€ + their food.
- A lot of people can only come for one day, and we don't want them to pay 30€ when they're already super sad to only attend the tournament for one day.

Cashprizes will certainly be lower, but... cashprizes are not the point, right ? I mean, it's better if everyone loose less money than if a few win more. There should be around 600€ of cashprizes for each event anyway (to devide between the top 5).

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind 10 euros for singles, to rise up the cash prize a little bit. It gives a good image of a tournament when the cash prize is high. You can also make more people win money. With 5 euros, only top 6 gets money. With 10 euros, you can have the 7th and the 9th get something (the 9th would only get their money back, like 10 euros).
but hey, that's just me ^^.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind 10 euros for singles, to rise up the cash prize a little bit. It gives a good image of a tournament when the cash prize is high. You can also make more people win money. With 5 euros, only top 6 gets money. With 10 euros, you can have the 7th and the 9th get something (the 9th would only get their money back, like 10 euros).
but hey, that's just me ^^.
And that's definetely not me. I'm totally fed up with tournaments having a high entry fees for a higher cash prize.

Tamoo

Smash Master
With this new system, how are signups being done?
For example, Ive said on the website that I will play brawl but now that its optional, I'd rather not pay for it, so will this be sorted out at the venue or sumthing? Or will we be able to edit on the website?

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
you can edit on the website but the infos about whether or not you enter a tournament is not relevant. You will have to register at the tourney itself. don't worry ^^.

Hey slhoka, what good is competition if people are not competing for big money ? your main goal has always been to host well-run tournaments, but making a higher cash prize AND hosting a well-run tournament is possible, so don't whine too much because you don't want the best players to win too much. I was just saying... raising the cash prize has down and up sides. I think ESA2 turned out pretty well (speaking of the amount of players here) and the high cash prize made Japanese come. just saying... high cash prize can be a good thing. a too low cash prize can be a bad thing too. too high is also a bad thing of course.
Anyway, I'd rather you not turn into an angry piece of **** everytime someone talks about putting more cash prize.
loosen up and you'll have fun, eventually.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
you can edit on the website but the infos about whether or not you enter a tournament is not relevant. You will have to register at the tourney itself. don't worry ^^.
I believe you alreasdy confirmed you'll attend, so you can't edit your informations anymore. Salepate will make sure people who did this will be able to edit their informations.

Hey slhoka, what good is competition if people are not competing for big money ? your main goal has always been to host well-run tournaments, but making a higher cash prize AND hosting a well-run tournament is possible, so don't whine too much because you don't want the best players to win too much. I was just saying... raising the cash prize has down and up sides. I think ESA2 turned out pretty well (speaking of the amount of players here) and the high cash prize made Japanese come. just saying... high cash prize can be a good thing. a too low cash prize can be a bad thing too. too high is also a bad thing of course.
Anyway, I'd rather you not turn into an angry piece of **** everytime someone talks about putting more cash prize.
loosen up and you'll have fun, eventually.
I know I'm often *****ing about cash prize, but my aim has always been to host a good tournament for everyone. I might have a different point of view if I could place well (I don't think so, though), but I don't think you need to have a big amount of money on the line to promote competition. The only reason I could understand is that the winner could use this money to pay their trip. But imo, if you rely on your skill to cash prize to attend tournaments... you propably have better things to do than coming to tournaments.

actually, as I was in the US a few weeks ago, I was quite shocked by the way money was handled : first, at connor's tournament, there were only 4 TVs for 24 players, while you'd pay $10 to enter both teams and singles, while it might have been easy to use part oh this money to buy/rent/pay some guy's gas for picking an extra TV.
Then at Genesis, the cash prize was soooooo high. Sure, that's understandable because it was the biggest tournament in the world (and the most hyped one), but still, there was so few TVs that I could only play something like 30 friendlies in 3 days (20 of them being teams). I know they got a problem with paypal, but still it would have been better for almost everyone to save some money for additional TVs.
I don't know the details about these two tournaments though, so they may have good reasons explaining these situation. And it doesn't make them less awesome, but still, it makes me think that we shouldn't raise entry fees so only a few take advantage of this.
I know, I've got some kind of communist point of view when it comes to host smash tournaments, but tbh I think it's not a bad thing to have a not-so-high cash prize.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
@JD: I dunno, if both singles tournaments are 10 euros maybe many people who are playing both will only play one making cash prize not much bigger than with 5 euros and many more people entering. ( I would enter both, but I know a lot of people who wouldn't)

btw, since this is the first big european brawl tournament, I have a question. How will seeding work? I wouldn't like to have one of the best players in the tournament in my pool just like it happened to Spanish players at ESA2 because Spain was underrated ._. ( I ask this because I'm ranked first in brawl here right now)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
@JD: I dunno, if both singles tournaments are 10 euros maybe many people who are playing both will only play one making cash prize not much bigger than with 5 euros and many more people entering. ( I would enter both, but I know a lot of people who wouldn't)

btw, since this is the first big european brawl tournament, I have a question. How will seeding work? I wouldn't like to have one of the best players in the tournament in my pool just like it happened to Spanish players at ESA2 because Spain was underrated ._. ( I ask this because I'm ranked first in brawl here right now)
Gah, I wanted to go to sleep now and take care of this tomorrow ;_;

Anyway, I'm gonna ask to a few representatives of each country to send me a approximate estimation of skill for each player attending the tournament. I already now who to ask for Melee, but I'll also contact some of you to find the right persons to ask for Brawl (message to random guys : don't even bother saying "me !", just check your inbox, one never knows).
I'll also use the power rankings when they are available.
However, while I think a can garantee a decent seeding for Melee we now have some experience regarding international tournaments, I must warn you that the Brawl seeding might have some flaws : as you said, this wille be the first international brawl tournament (Smack was pretty big, but some countries like France or Spain had no representants (or none). Therefore, it's hard to compare the different national scenes. Anyway, I'll do my best, and it should be good enough to avoid having mor than 1 top players in the each pool.

Luma

Smash Lord
marcbri spain wasnt underrated at esa2, thats what happens if you dont move your *** out of your country earlier. you cant get a good seeding on a big international tournament if you just won some national tournaments

Linguini

Smash Master
I rather have the entrance fee be 10 euros for singles.Slhoka in the US we use the entrance fees for all things outside of the tournament and the prize money is left untouched since it is part of a seperate tournament fee,this is the way it should be done.
LOL its such a nice coincidence that im going to be in france at this time and so close by.

Looks like im going to be the only representation from the USA.Dont give me **** seeding though since ive never been to a european tourney before.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
By the way does anyone feel like showing me the town, I do want to take some nice pictures I AM IN FRANCE so I should make the best of it, even if I come for the tournament..

So someone knowing the place or such would be greatly appreciated.

This tourney is going to be awesome.. and I agree with Slhoka I don't do this for the money, I travel because I enjoy the people I'm with and the game..

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I rather have the entrance fee be 10 euros for singles.Slhoka in the US we use the entrance fees for all things outside of the tournament and the prize money is left untouched since it is part of a seperate tournament fee,this is the way it should be done.
LOL its such a nice coincidence that im going to be in france at this time and so close by.

Looks like im going to be the only representation from the USA.Dont give me **** seeding though since ive never been to a european tourney before.
yaaaaay go usa

ill be happy with top 3..

ne thing other then that

sad face

o wait i heard ganon sucks i think..

wip out the sheik lol

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Me and Jens (CaptMcCloud) and Freek (Happosai) are gonna make it, don't know about the others...

EDIT: Lol wtf I just saw Masamune is on the list and confirmed, didn't he quit like 2 years ago, after RoX4? o_0

porc

Smash Journeyman
I need people who absoluetly need housing to contact me as soon as possible to give me your day and time of arrival

thx

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Shloka ill send you a pm in about a hour from now.
I already now who to ask for Melee, but I'll also contact some of you to find the right persons to ask for Brawl (message to random guys : don't even bother saying "me !", just check your inbox, one never knows).
I know you're the best Dutch player, but still, this applies to you too.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Yeah Iced, confirm for sure on the website yourself ortherwise you cannot enter...
So, can any of the dutchies bring me green pleasure ? If you're coming by plane, don't try. By train is the safest way to smuggle anything ;-)
send me a pm and we will work things out. Thx !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom