• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Just found out that I (meaning all danes) can likely be in Lyon 4 hours earlier, and that the travel agency made some mistake picking out a train for us... So yeah we will probably be there for brawl teams after all. I'll go down and check if i'm right tommorow, if i don't post here saying otherwise then you can disregard our "late for brawl teams" comment. :)

Edit: I'd like to see that bus schedule soon by the way :p

Slhoka

Smash Lord
porc *****

<3
True story.
And he's manly as hell :

On a more serious note, since we're back from the US, you'll have more and more updates about this tournament. Thefirst one being this :
Major update

In order to improve this tournament’s preparation, we have decided to enforce a deadline to register for the tournament, so that we save time entering player names in advance, but also to establish a seeding accurate enough to avoid extremely unbalanced pools. This deadline will also allow us to know how many people will attend the tournament, so we can buy the right amount of TVs needed to make sure we’ll have enough setups for freeplay.

The deadline is Sunday, August 2 : past this day, if you aren’t confirmed on the TSL4 website, you won’t be able to attend the tournament. This rule applies to anyone, no matter who you are.

However, please do not confirm while not being sure you will be able to be there. If you happen to have some trouble making you unable to say if you’ll attend or not before the very few days before the tournament, contact me so I can see with you what we can do. However, I’m sorry to say that you wille need a really good reason if you want me to find a arrangement for you.

Thanks for your understanding ;)

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I might come if I get someone to come with me. Samochan is maype coming =).

Though Im little concerned about how much people can play freeplay matches there? The main reason for me to come would be the freeplay matches(melee) cause I wanna play much and maype learn something new. Seeing there are "only" 19 TV:s that are probaply split in two(the amount of meleeTV:s) and maype over 150 people doesn't sound most promising for a lot of casual matches = /.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
So is the venue going to be opening thursday? I'm still doing my inquiry on Dutchies needing housing, and the list is getting pretty long, though some people don't know for sure yet. Well Gaki told me that Dutchies could be housed by you otherwise, but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to house 10/15 people :p

Linguini

Smash Master
I'd be jumping for joy if you made it to this. Show them how to play PAL ganon :bee:
Ewwww ive heard he sucks in PAL,but i dont know exactly what they did to him.

If I was to come to this I would need housing for the 8th and 9th,and is armada coming?

If so someone tell him I want to team with him in melee :chuckle:

**** brawl

Tero.

Smash Champion

If I was to come to this I would need housing for the 8th and 9th,and is armada coming?

**** brawl
Ganons fair is weaker in PAL, but all top tiers are nerfed even more so overall he does better.
Armadas probably coming and he's most likely teaming with his brother Aniolas.

Tiersie

Smash Ace

**** brawl
You could just stay at the venue. And france is bigger than it looks, you might need to get some traintickets ready or something.

Linguini

Smash Master
Nahh, ive never been down with at that sleep at the venue **** so if anyone wants to house a US ganon player let me know.

Joanna dark,im liking your sig, you got those european Herbs? if so im def down to throw a little euros around and have a good time at the tourney.
That goes for anyone who wants to hang out/drink/smoke afterwards because im pretty chill and want to enjoy my stay in EU to the fullest.

Anyways, anyone really good want to team? I got 5th at Genesis in teams so im looking to take this.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm the only one leaving near enough to the venue to house people, but I'm staying at the venue. And actually, everyone will too.
If your concern is about noise, don't worry cause there should be a sleeping room, with no TVs and stuff.

You could try Remen for team I guess.

And it shouldn't be too hard for the herbs ^^.

Samochan

Smash Master
You could try Remen for team I guess.
Isn't remen teaming with marc? If either manage to show up, that is. :/

All the top players I think already have a teammate, like dutches and swedes, so I'm afraid only the "second rate" players are left. :p But not like it's the individual skill that counts, but the teamplay. Just last year random spanish dudes won teams out of the blue and have been excelling in teams ever since, even though their individual skills are not quite as good as our top players (though strawy has gotten tons better lately, dunno about overtriforce). I'm sure a good teamplayer could excel with your level ganondorf with him, Linguini. I, for example, would have been happy to team with you, if it weren't for the fact that I've already asked for a teammate. But in case my teammate fails to show up or doesn't wanna team (for some reason that happens to me all the time), I could team with you. Curiously enough, my peach has resemblance to Xelic's whom you teamed with on genesis (unless I recall wrong). =D

Linguini

Smash Master
Alright,so im def. coming. I will be in Mullhouse so it's not too far from Lyon by train.
Ill be arriving on the 7th during the day cuz i dont care about brawl,and I guess ill stay at the venue if no one can house me.

Samochan ill team with you if your partner doesnt come, but my offer still stands for good teamates.Though looks like im going to have some getting used to to do, I just saw a video of ganons fair not killing someone at 110 LOL, I have good top tier matchups so I don't mind them anyways but I guess a nerfed fox's upsmash will be nice.

My only problem is that I have no controller, could anyone that has an extra good controller just bring it to the venue, so I could choose a good one out of the bunch? I"d greatly appreciate it and even buy you some lunch.

Samochan

Smash Master
Samochan ill team with you if your partner doesnt come, but my offer still stands for good teamates.Though looks like im going to have some getting used to to do, I just saw a video of ganons fair not killing someone at 110 LOL, I have good top tier matchups so I don't mind them anyways but I guess a nerfed fox's upsmash will be nice.
Sounds good. :3 Good thing is, fox won't be coming back after fair at 110% cause his firefox is nerfed and he's -1 lighter. You gotta edgeguard some more cause simple attack won't straight ko, but some reverse uair semispike should do the trick or dair/bair some. Bair is still powerful. Ganon is entirely playable on PAL version even with the nerfed fair and 1% drop on his dair, especially on teams where he won't get killed so easily by fox upsmash and can still kill very well, then sheik's grab can be actually di'ed. Cept every team and their mothers will be spamming sheik on teams nevertheless lol.

Dou!

Smash Cadet
Alright,so im def. coming. I will be in Mullhouse so it's not too far from Lyon by train.
Ill be arriving on the 7th during the day cuz i dont care about brawl,and I guess ill stay at the venue if no one can house me.
Dijon is a city located right between Mulhouse and Lyon. Me and a friend of mine live there, and we don't care about Brawl, so we'll come to Lyon by car on Saturday morning.
If you want to, you can come on the 7th at my place, so that you can sleep in decent conditions before the melee day. :p
Besides, this way, you won't have to worry about how to go from Lyon station to the venue, the train from Mulhouse to Dijon is 10€ cheaper than the one from Mulhouse to Lyon, and we can easily pick you at Dijon station.

(Oh, and we're two of the best French players, so I guess you won't be bored if you play against us.)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Dijon is a city located right between Mulhouse and Lyon. Me and a friend of mine live there, and we don't care about Brawl, so we'll come to Lyon by car on Saturday morning.
If you want to, you can come on the 7th at my place, so that you can sleep in decent conditions before the melee day. :p
Besides, this way, you won't have to worry about how to go from Lyon station to the venue, the train from Mulhouse to Dijon is 10€ cheaper than the one from Mulhouse to Lyon, and we can easily pick you at Dijon station.
You should host some tournaments or little smashfests in Dijon from time to time, it's not that far away from Freiburg =)

Hikotsu

Smash Cadet
Hi.

Linguini I don't have teammate right now. I'm a spanish guy. I use Peach (Daisy xD). Ehm... I am 5th in teams in my Country, well before I had a very good teammate (NeMo), but now we are not team anymore. But I join other, that is not as good as NeMo, and we are good, we won 2 to Strawhat Dahean and Mugiwara Urulok. Well, I don't know if you are interested or you prefer to go with Samochan, so, well, let me know.

Bye xD

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
hey luigini =)
me and Baxon will make sure you get your herbs don't worry about that (one should never worry about that when coming to France).
Also, I don't really have a teammate, and I'm one of the best french players too, so if you wanna team up, it's cool :)
I play falco as my main, sheik in teams if needed (came 17th at 0C2 teaming with Chester from Quebec).

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Porc you might want to change the thread title so that it includes the confirm before 2nd of August rule, since confirming is going pretty slow right now ^^

Also I heard willz isn't coming, so I'm only MM'ing Marcbri and Istud now. Anyone else want a €1/2 brawl MM?

Linguini

Smash Master
Sweet dark,and yeah ill team with ya.

Dou sounds good,you would need to pick me up from the train station tho.

Can anyone help me out with the controller situation?

Dou!

Smash Cadet
I've bought a new controller 2 weeks ago especially for TSL4, but my previous controller is only 1 year old and has worked flawlessly for 1 year.
Anyway, I always bring 2 or 3 controllers at tourneys, just in case...

porc

Smash Journeyman
ATTENTION : PEOPLE COMING HERE BY PLANE

I know we originally said that we would pick everyone up at Lyon - St Exupery Airport, but it looks like it's gonna be very hard to fulfill this task afterall...

At first, we thought that by the time, Salepate and I would have passed our driving licence. I failed mine, and Salepate take the exam next week so we're not sure.
We also counted on my parents' help, but they just told me that they might not be able to help with this anymore.
It leaves Salepate's brother, but he's very busy and won't do more than one pick up.

That's why we're gonna have to ask you to come to Villefontaine (the actual city where the tournament is held) by yourself :

From the airport, you have to take a 30 mins bus called "Satobus" (easy to find) : It cost 6.30€ if you're under 24 years old. You have to stop at "Lyon Part-Dieu" (you can ask the driver to warn you).

From Lyon Part-Dieu, you then have to take an other bus called "Transisere 1920". It's 45 mins long and it costs 2.10€ if you're under 26. If you're coming to my house, stop at "Les Roches" but if you're coming directly to the venue, stop at "La Cruizille" (again, ask the driver, cause sometime they skip those stops -_-).

I know we screwed up a bit and we apologize... But there's still hope we'll manage to pick some of you. That's why I'd like everyone arriving at Lyon St Exupery to tell me their time of arrival and the number of people travelling with 'em (either here, or PM, or MSN). Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom