• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Giant First Brawl Smashfest Ever Thread - April 19th

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Err, I dunno, I just wasn't sure if you had confirmed it with Insomnia yet.

Also, possible problem. CCCT (Colorado cutthroat) is also on the 19th. I know that Erich, Paul and some others (myself included) were contemplating going to that. It certainly wouldn't hurt to get NM out there and traveling for Brawl, plus, the more CO tournaments we go to, the more NM tournaments the CO guys will come to.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm planning it for the 19th regardless. If you decide to go to Colorado over this, that's fine, but I'm not going to change the date for three reasons:
1. April 12th is too soon and Super Con is in May.
2. Every past planned out of state trip before has fallen through. I don't see this one being any different.
3. That's only three (or maybe a couple more) people out of the entire NM community. I don't think I should deny the possible 60 sum people that could show up the Smash fest just because a few main smashers won't be there.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha. Amen, Mosquito.

And how come no one told me about this tournament anyways?

EDIT: DIdn't that first post used to say "My Squirtl(e) owns stuff" and not CHarizar(d)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow this whole april fools day thing is great. Its hilarious seeing all the other posts people have made get changed. Weird but great...

And Insomnia is a really far drive from my place so I'll have to see if I can go. I will try k. [It also blows that my girlfriends birthday is 2 days before that... :( ]

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wow, my idea from last year got used this year.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya whoever pulled that off was a genious. I'm just wondering if it was SWF or someone else's doings... The site was down all of yesterday so who knows... Weird

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is Vat- Zero. Less than 3 days before the big Goop tourney

"Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney"

When:
- On Saturday April 5th

Where:
- 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Wow I have been out of the NM scene for a while now...

Oh and Sync Link actually got worse in this game. He has a slight speed boost but lost a lot of priority.

lewis is trying to get together some west side monthlies at the Play N Trade by Wal Mart. He just told me this the other day. He keeps in touch with some of the lesser known smashers and he wants to do this to help the smash community grow

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wait... we have a ****ing Play N Trade? Really?

Aww, Paul. You said you'd hook me up :(!

No, you will sign up at the tournament/door.

Oh come on, man up David. It's like a 30 minute drive. That's not long at all.

EVERYONE, I PUT MY PRELIMINARY SKETCH OF INFO FOR THE TOURNAMENT IN THE FIRST POST! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
WOW, let see if the boss, well let me have off that day, I hope so, to see your guys brawl skills, I seen Kyles and its the best, need to train my mario

tw1n

Smash Champion
I need to play Brawl. I've been so effing busy (just got a car =D) I haven't had any free time and I've only played ZMan in a very laggy match... GOD!!!!!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright guys, this is good. Insomnia is SOOOO chill. Like, oh my God. I don't how many times they basically said, "We don't care the **** you do, have fun bro."

So listen up guys. I'm going to edit the first post with the final information. And this is what I need from everyone else:
I NEED TVS AND WIIS AND PEOPLE TO ADVERTISE

I need to get an estimate of how many TVs and Wiis we will have... and I need a lot. No joke. This will probably be a sixty person tournament guys, so the more the better. I need COMPLETE setups!

Setups
Kashakunaki - 2 Setups

Start advertising this guys! Also, can anyone make a flyer?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
If I can go I can bring a setup. I have all songs but my speaker might blow out. :(

I told other people at school about this tourny, but everyone who is good at smash bros in my school is in band and they have a band trip that weekend. :(

PS: Does anyone want to be my 2v2 partner?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I can make a small flyer but it won't be impressive at all. Ask Sinz. He has crazy art skills (just look at his sigs) I am really going to try to make it to this tournament k. But no promises.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If I can go I can bring a setup. I have all songs but my speaker might blow out. :(

I told other people at school about this tourny, but everyone who is good at smash bros in my school is in band and they have a band trip that weekend. :(

PS: Does anyone want to be my 2v2 partner?
What do you mean that your speaker might blow out?
Eh, it's ok. Good or not at Smash bros., still advertise. We want this to be big. The more people, the more money for us and Insomnia.

Sorry, I'm gonna doubles with Steven.

I can make a small flyer but it won't be impressive at all. Ask Sinz. He has crazy art skills (just look at his sigs) I am really going to try to make it to this tournament k. But no promises.
If you could and just post it around, that'd be nice. It doesn't have to be fancy, just get the message across.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I'll try to bring a set-up.

If you can get me a flyer I will advertise. I know a few places I can put them.

Insomnia sounds awesome. Is there going to be enough space?

Sorry ZMan, myself and Sinz are already going to enter doubles. Team Manly is going to own.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
I want to go to this thing so badly, lets see if the boss well let me, darn work, but if I do go I'll bring a tv with a wii with the game. I got your back, the boss has been cool so far.

ZMan

Smash Master
I told more people at school about the tournament yesterday, but all they're scrubs who smack talk then say "I can't go to da tourny because of whatever." Maybe I will have more luck today.

About my speaker, sometimes it sounds wierd after my TV has been left on for a while. I'm not sure if that means if my speaker is going to blow out anytime soon but I'm a little worried because if my speaker blows out I have no extra money to go by a new TV in an event of speaker blowing out.

I can maybe make flyers, but It will have to wait, I have to take care of more things in my CG Graphics class before I can deal with the flyers.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I will put together a makeshift flyer. I just need all the exact info. i.e. location, time, fee... (looks on first post) oh there it is. Hey I will put one together shortly. Whoever wants it pm me your e mail and I will send it out k. We can all do our part in putting up flyers. I know Kyle and I can cover UNM, everyone else needs to get their own areas covered. Lets make this one count...

Quick question. Anyone going there just to watch don't have to pay venue right?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think it was David who threw a flyer together. Thank you. Just finish it up so I can print up, give it to Insomnia, and get the word out there.

Yeah, but you can't play Brawl period if you don't pay the venue fee.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I have been spreading the word at school, I have told 18 maybe 20 people. Most of them seem interested.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Nice. Davd is going to finish the flyer (thank you so much man) today. I'll e-mail it to Everett, Paul, and a couple other people to distribute it as well as distribute it myself. Insomnia also offered to put flyers up at Sams Club and Target and Cosco as well as Gamestop and other places. Pot should be mighty sweet.

Anymore setups?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
ATTENTION TO ALL SETUP BRINGERS

I want you to, if possible, show up anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour early at Insomnia so we can re-arrange the rooms as we see fit and get the TVs set up. That'll save us a lot of hassle if we wait to do it later.

Again, set up bringers if you could show up anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour early, that'd be great.

People Listed for Setups
Kashakunaki - 2 Setups
Sync - 1 Setup
Alphabravo - 1 Setup
Zman - 1 Setup
Destry - 1 Setup
Bombshelboy - 1 Setup

I'm going to call Neil and see if he can bring a setup.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I can bring a TV, but my Wii is staying put for the time being. Also, I believe bombshellboy just said he'd bring a Wii and Brawl. So combined that makes a setup.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Okay then, thank you Steven.

I just gave the flyer to Keith today. He approved and he is going to scan it and pass it out. He also says about 17 or so people he's talked to are going to come, so this is looking to be pretty big guys. You should REALLY try to make it.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I can't :( my manager has me on the schedule to work manager all day. Thats impossible to get covered. I'm sorry guys

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's a bummer. Next time, man. I'm going to start saving up now for going out of town, so I recommend other people do so, too. I don't want to be the only person going OOS.

Anyways, I forgot to e-mail you the flyer, but I will when I go home today Steven. If you could print me about 50 copies that'd be great. Don't forget to spread the word around guys (or the flyer)!

Sync won't be able to come so I'll remove him from the setup list.

Also, I'm going to need a few new judges if Jacob and David can't come.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I will see when I work so I can try to make it. I wont be able to enter but I should at least be able to squeeze in some friendlies (If I can't make it it's because I'm at TKD that day).

Yeah just to let you guys know I'm not jumping into the brawl competitive scene until the summer time. this is of course because I'm going to a HUGE tae kwon do tournament in California at the end of May. So all the time I would spend training in Brawl I'm spending kicking and intensely training. Sorry guys but as I am now i'll be killed out there haha. So hopefully by then I'll be the one doing the killing :D

ZMan

Smash Master
I've been spreading the word around school again, I have about 3-4 people interested. And probably none of the will go. But I am still trying to get more poeple to come

Neil and I can judge, maybe. It's up to you, Davis.

Top Bottom