• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Giant First Brawl Smashfest Ever Thread - April 19th

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya Lewis recorded a bunch I think. I was about to shoot someone saturday :( I wanted to go. Tis all good tho. I will make the enxt. Til then I will pick up the controller and start playing again :)

Sinz: Congrats on the wins. Come to Long Johns for a job app if you want. And PM me about the monologue. I will message you tonight with more thoughts on it k

Neil: Maybe our doubles team can rise once again :D Looking forward to tennis next Saturday

Lewis: Love ya

Kash: Calm down and next month kick ***

Chef: I heard about how well you did... nicely done

Gamecube Controllers: Sorry to any of you who were broken due to someones fit of rage. You will be missed

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
hey I have to say this, I wasn't going to go to this. I had been up till 4 the night before doing intense taekwondo training and I felt like **** in the morning. But something told me to stop by anyways. And I am glad I did! Even tho I didnt enter (stupid work) and I didnt play many people, it was still awesome.

Good **** everybody.

Chef, we're now on an even playing field. Be ready haha

Kash, great job running this thing. you and Steven were very impressive (I saw the vids)

Sinz: great job showing your dominance in the world of smash

Gluv: Dk was the biggest mindgame for me. But you pulled it off. nice!

Everyone else cuz I'm out of time I just wanted to say: great job! And be ready, because come the next monthly I wont have to worry about TKD training any more and I can focus on training in Brawl. And I picked up a new character... (to quote kash: "MINDGAMES SON!!!")

ps. lewis has I think 20 matches on his SD card. The teams finals and semis are on there, some of kashs olimar and sinz snake as well)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Gamecube Controllers: Sorry to any of you who were broken due to someones fit of rage. You will be missed
**** you.

hey I have to say this, I wasn't going to go to this. I had been up till 4 the night before doing intense taekwondo training and I felt like **** in the morning. But something told me to stop by anyways. And I am glad I did! Even tho I didnt enter (stupid work) and I didnt play many people, it was still awesome.

Good **** everybody.

Chef, we're now on an even playing field. Be ready haha

Kash, great job running this thing. you and Steven were very impressive (I saw the vids)

Sinz: great job showing your dominance in the world of smash

Gluv: Dk was the biggest mindgame for me. But you pulled it off. nice!

Everyone else cuz I'm out of time I just wanted to say: great job! And be ready, because come the next monthly I wont have to worry about TKD training any more and I can focus on training in Brawl. And I picked up a new character... (to quote kash: "MINDGAMES SON!!!")

ps. lewis has I think 20 matches on his SD card. The tea,s finals and semis are on there, some of kashs olimar and sinz snake as well)
Yeah, man, but it was nice to see you. Next time, right?
I look forward to it.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
I'll be ready for you Kyle and your bro, I'll come up with more secert move for you all, the flying mario was just a start lol, be ready to you all Luise, Kyle, David, Kash

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well, I guess I'll post my shoutouts:

Chefman: nice mario, good mindgames, if you keep training there is without a doubt in my mind you'll be one of the best in New Mexico

Kash: fun playing you as always, great Olimar and Wolf, its too bad that you had to get Olimar glitched in the middle of that match with Havox, but you'll get him next time

Gluv: great matches and awesome DK, it definitely showed my Wario up; Of course, I had to come back with Pokemon Trainer. BTW CHARIZARD IS NOT A FREE STOCK. I think I proved that to you.

Sinz: Haha, you're amazing Everett. Congrats on winning the tournament. Also, I think we deserve a pat on the back for owning in teams. Double Snake for the win.

Havox: Wow...that's all I can say...wow. I was utterly shocked when I heard that you had beaten Davis. I was again surprised when I heard you beat Neil as well. Your Ike is definitely in the running for best Ike in NM. Keep it up. Also, fun matches in tournament. Though I think you should have gone Ike against me instead of Pit and Ice Climbers. You probably would have done much better.

Sliroabe God: I never played you in tournament Neil but good job. Fun friendlies as well. Pretty sick Ike!

Sonny: You'll probably never see this but regardless fun matches in tournament.

Richard: Your metaknight completely took me by surprise first round. Great matches and I look forward to playing you again.

ZMan: Good job in tournament and congrats on beating Sonny.

Tw1n: I better see you at the next monthly David.

Twin A: It was cool seeing you there Kyle. Next time you better enter.

To anyone else I didn't mention fun matches and I hope to see you all again at future tournaments.

BTW, who was Bombshellboy?

DOES EVERY SMASHER IN NM HATE ME?!

Every tournament match I played everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) was cheering against me. I heard comments such as kick his ***, take out this little *****, and **** Paul. Wtf does everyone have against me. Sure, I was the only one there playing Wario, but still. Does everyone still have a grudge against me from Melee?

Don't imply too much with that last statement, Paul. Why would anyone hold a grudge against you from Melee? Other than being good, of course. Nontheless, that was a wasted statement in bold. Not everyone hates you. Don't go all crazy! Just relax. Don't let these things get to you too much. You're just over reacting.

Wish I could have gone to the monthly, sounds like it was a lotta fun. I guess I'll have to wait until the next tourney to show my main, actually picked out now. It's amazing, I know. But it's a secret who it is, everyone's just gonna have to wait! *Surreptitiously glances around*

tw1n

Smash Champion
Its just because Kyle and I weren't there to use our loud voices to cheer you on Paul. Don't let it get to you k =D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
DOES EVERY SMASHER IN NM HATE ME?!

Every tournament match I played everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) was cheering against me. I heard comments such as kick his ***, take out this little *****, and **** Paul. Wtf does everyone have against me. Sure, I was the only one there playing Wario, but still. Does everyone still have a grudge against me from Melee?
Yeah man, I had a great time playing you. Even though the only thing coming out of my mouth during those friendlies was "****ing stupid" I was just messin' man :p. Havin' fun. I did my best not to john this tournament and I think I did well, IMO.

Also, I don't hate ya man. The only matches I watched you play were against Steven, Everett, and Richard. I had to root for my home boy Steven, and though I was rootin' for Everett because you knocked me out, I didn't really care who won. I just enjoyed the matches.

I did root for you against Richard, though. I was going to be upset if that noob beat you. Just kiddin', he's no noob. But I was all for you, man. No grudges.

Good game.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Aphabravo, your Wario is the best man, his like Jiggliy puff but better, that down move really scares me, Its powerfull, its send you flying and it can be used anytime Brrrr, scary. But good job man, it was a honer fighting you too. It looks like Mario and Wario need to fight it out again, and that girl I had to fight too was strong, I didn't think girl gamer where so powerfull.

Bam! See, what'd I tell ya?

Sorry I couldn't help you be a judge Davis. I didn't read that post until today, and that's because the boards are being stupid and could probably be more accurately called the lag boards at the moment. If you do need me to be a judge/helper for future tournaments though, just ask me. More than likely I'll say yes. Again, sorry I couldn't help you at all at this one. I had to babysit my brother and his two friends. Fun...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Bummer Erich. So for in the future I will be a judge k =D Just to help out. Do my part and all that jazz... oh and also make top 10 again :D

Quick side note. If the tournaments keep popping up such big numbers maybe we should make a top 20... just a thought

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No top 10 will make people work harder and possibly increase progress of most smashers to be able to say I am XX in NM.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Don't worry, I'm not letting the trash talking and general hate of my playstyle in the community get to me. What I basically mean is that the only people ever cheering for me are you guys. Everyone else (you know, the no names) are always cheering against me at every tournament I participate in. It would be nice to have the crowd behind me for once.

In the end, though, I don't really care. I took pride in the fact that I was the only one there playing Wario. I was even happier when I proved to everyone watching all my matches that Wario is actually good.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Congratulations, Paul. Keep it up. I also know how you feel.

Screw that Fsmash, lol.

By the way, I looked up the Arizona venue on Google maps. It is only about a 7 hour drive, a little less. We have to go to this.

Anyone ask their parents about it yet?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
It's actually June 14-15 I believe. It is a stickied thread in the Southwest section. I'm going to start saving money up for it already.

Also, I'm going to edit the first post and thread title something more telling of what the thread's new purpose is: Monthlies

tw1n

Smash Champion
Alcohol =D?
Maybe if you payed me alot for it... (as in 5 to 10 time what the alcohol costs) and I mean much more than a desperate drunk would ever pay for alcohol. Follow that up with you drive down to get it from me wherever I am (ie work or home) and then if you ever told anyone I would beat the living sense out of you... sound like a good deal =D

Ok...anyways, moving on from harmful bodily substances!!

So the tourney sounds like fun. I might be able to take my car, so we could drive that one and then maybe one more, which we would probably need. Still gotta convince parents though. We can plan all the details out later. Just for now though, we'd like to know who can go. SPEAK PEOPLES!! Hear from ya'll soon.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Some things I dont mind but i wont tell you if I would ever buy you alcohol over a PUBLIC forums thread haha. that alone is enough for me to go to jail dude
Oh yeah because the government has Smashboards tapped *rolls eyes*

Regardless, happy birthday you two.

Also, you are talking about the Arizona tournament, right Erich?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sweet.

Well, I asked my dad if I could go to Arizona today and he said it is too early to tell, but he appreciated the advance notice and said it was VERY likely I could go.

So guys, I'm thinking two cars and about 8-10. Ya? Let's do this! Paul and I already pre registered, but no one else is from NM. Let's fix that, ja?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'm probably not going to be able to go due to summer courses and a lack of funds. Its tough but all well. Hey we should have one more monthly I think before the June/July one. Just for those of us who can't go out of state.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
hey dude I took this test for a clan and I beat the main guy who made the site, he gave me the best mario player so far, here the resalts http://majestictragedy.ipbfree.com/index.php?act=ST&f=19&t=792&s=

see for your self. well it problie won't let you see cuz its a clan but try anyway, but this is what he said "

"Probably the best mario player I've fought so far. Great combos and you managed to beat me by one stock, congrats your in"

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Nice Chefman! I actually played Mario a bit today.

You know how when you watch a video of an advanced player, you tend to try and copy or mimic or create a playstyle based off theirs? It is how I learned Melee. I'd watch Smashmac and Cyphus' Doc or DaShizWiz's Falco.

Well, I watched your Mario at my tournament, Chefman, and I used your playstyle when i played as him. I must say, I like Mario. Might have to go back to my roots, lol.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Nice Chefman! I actually played Mario a bit today.

You know how when you watch a video of an advanced player, you tend to try and copy or mimic or create a playstyle based off theirs? It is how I learned Melee. I'd watch Smashmac and Cyphus' Doc or DaShizWiz's Falco.

Well, I watched your Mario at my tournament, Chefman, and I used your playstyle when i played as him. I must say, I like Mario. Might have to go back to my roots, lol.
Thanks man, glad your going back to the mario way, Its like mario and doc fused a little. his capes bigger and the up b move sends you flying like dr mario. Can't wait to fight you to see whos the better mario.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol, it'll be you. I'm sticking to Wolf and Olimar for Supercon. Maybe Falco as a third. I want a third that covers all the bases that Olimar and Wolf don't.

I don't want messing around with character I know I won't go far with to interfer with the upcoming tournament, but yeah, I'll definitely look into Mario.

$1 Mario MM ditto, Chef?

Top Bottom