• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Giant First Brawl Smashfest Ever Thread - April 19th

tw1n

Smash Champion
It happens. I will go to the next tho k :D Let me know who wins and who beats who and all that. Heck just post the brackets so I can see lol (maybe even record some videos!!!)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I really, really want a way to directly record. 90% of the time I don't put up videos is because they aren't directly recorded. It is very irritating. I might record I might not. If I do I will probably record the finals and my progression through the tournament. No promises though.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Its cool. I would appreciate it if you could record at least bits of every match from the NM regulars (i.e. Zman, Neil, Sinz, and such). I want to see how everyones progressing

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Lol. Yeah. Same here, so tough luck. You can pitch in and buy me a lap top and capture card if you'd like. Otherwise, sorry. You'll have to lug your *** up there and see yourself.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I made a video last night with the camera and the quality sucks. It frequently misses frams and animations and you can barely hear the sound which is out-of-sync. So yeah i'm not bringing my camera to the tournament.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Everyone at the tourney if you can save the data to the wii do it please, I will bring an SD card to try to transfer it over. I might be ordering a gamebridge to make this easier.

Twins. I need your help.

x3r0

Smash Rookie
YAY! this is going to be my first tournament! i must attend this tournament and test my skills as a noob brawler

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
X3ro, what time do you get out of school tomorrow, we can do some matches online most likely.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys, sorry to not be active lately. I was at Santa Fe for 3-4 days, stayed at the Marriott Hotel, and had to talk politics for the Youth and Government class :( Don't forget the ~12 hours of homework I had to make up...

So, I'll definintely make the tourney (David I'm really sorry and I wish you don't miss out on much, hopefully the sexy combo vids we record should suffice) and bring a setup (Sinz what's up with you..I don't get this problem some other peeps are referring to).

I'll try to squeeze as many more smashers in as I can:
the Breens
the Burgards (Cameron/Jordan)
Mike Sullivan
Ben Swari
Ryan Fitzgerald
Phillip Cheek
Johnny Mak
Daniel? (Zack?)
Sam?
Ricky?
...if you can get a printable flyer up, I'm glad to post up a two-day-notice event at Sandia :p

So, that's about it guys. school has been sucking hard lately, and my summer schedule hopefully will let me be free on half of the weekdays (don't worry about weekends, I'm free).

tw1n

Smash Champion
Whats your e-mail Neil. I'll send it to you now. X3ro, welcome to the NM smash scene. Its nice in here. Do your best and hope you do well :D Don't get discouraged easily and always work on improving k

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Everyone at the tourney if you can save the data to the wii do it please, I will bring an SD card to try to transfer it over. I might be ordering a gamebridge to make this easier.

Twins. I need your help.
I'll have an SD card in my Wii. Actually, I could have two SD cards in two Wiis, but one is formatted for my camcorder and I'm lazy, so oh well. What is Gamebridge?

Okay guys, sorry to not be active lately. I was at Santa Fe for 3-4 days, stayed at the Marriott Hotel, and had to talk politics for the Youth and Government class :( Don't forget the ~12 hours of homework I had to make up...

So, I'll definintely make the tourney (David I'm really sorry and I wish you don't miss out on much, hopefully the sexy combo vids we record should suffice) and bring a setup (Sinz what's up with you..I don't get this problem some other peeps are referring to).

I'll try to squeeze as many more smashers in as I can:
the Breens
the Burgards (Cameron/Jordan)
Mike Sullivan
Ben Swari
Ryan Fitzgerald
Phillip Cheek
Johnny Mak
Daniel? (Zack?)
Sam?
Ricky?
...if you can get a printable flyer up, I'm glad to post up a two-day-notice event at Sandia :p

So, that's about it guys. school has been sucking hard lately, and my summer schedule hopefully will let me be free on half of the weekdays (don't worry about weekends, I'm free).
THANK YOU NEIL! My God, you are a saving grace. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Bring AS MANY people as you can. I'll call you and get your e-mail address and e-mail you today and I will also call Cameron and DDD (Doug, Daniel, and David) myself.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ha ha DDD thats great. Man I'm hating life right now. Today is my girlfriends birthday and I 1) work today and 2) still haven't bought her a gift!!! OH GOD. Yes thats how broke I still am

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Twin, what are you wanting to buy her, I could pick it up for you and drop it off to you at work most likely.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
sorry guys, my email is imngoel@yahoo.com

and I doubt half the people I listed up there are even coming. and I'm not scholarly enough, since asians who have a gpa <3.75 will quickly be burned to the stake by kim-jong il or some other hardcore person.

so, one more thing - for guitar hero 3, I got the replacement for the Wii (which finally has Dolby digital surround). It sounds tenfold better. :)

BIG BLACK

Smash Cadet
Some Of You Guys From Nm Should Come To Az Where The Best Crews Reside, They Will **** You Especially Stb And Tcb They Have The Sickest Players You Would Ever See

tw1n

Smash Champion
They have the sickest players? Is is contagious?!? Why would I want to go there then?! I don't wanna get sick! Tell them I said feel better.
Ha ha great. And thank you Sinz :) But I bought her something at the UNM stored I remembered she wanted. Hey I will probably be getting online at Lewis' sometime over the next week. Not sure exact dates but it will keep you posted. Odds are Tuesday and Thursday from 1 ish to 3:45. P.S. Lewis showed me some matches he saved of you guys. Your snake is pretty beastly.

As of that if anyone is open to play me around those times call me or something.

Kash-Nothing is wrong with IC's =D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
They have the sickest players? Is is contagious?!? Why would I want to go there then?! I don't wanna get sick! Tell them I said feel better.
L-m-a-o

Ha ha great. And thank you Sinz :) But I bought her something at the UNM stored I remembered she wanted. Hey I will probably be getting online at Lewis' sometime over the next week. Not sure exact dates but it will keep you posted. Odds are Tuesday and Thursday from 1 ish to 3:45. P.S. Lewis showed me some matches he saved of you guys. Your snake is pretty beastly.

As of that if anyone is open to play me around those times call me or something.

Kash-Nothing is wrong with IC's =D
It is. I'm not sure which character to use against him.

TELL LEWIS I WANT MY ****ING TABLE!

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
I just like to do a shout out to all the ppl I fought at the turny, all you guy fought great, NO, alsome, I saw so many combos and crazy move, I'm sorry I could not fight eveyone but I just like to say is keep up the good work and it was a honor fighting you all and I hope to fight you again next mouth (if there one)
Kyle: I really want it to fight you the most and you fought great I hope to fight you again and your link

Kash: even tho I didn't fight you, i got to see how your wolf fight and it looks alsome dude, keep up the good work.

Luies: your Ikes the best I know you don't go on smash boards no more, but I just want it to make the point clear lol but great job

and to eveyone that went to the turny you all did a amazeing job, keep up the good work, especially to guy who main wario, you cream me good, congras I'll give you a fight next time, and to the who main lucas, you did a wonderful job, I got over confodent and you show me whos boss, thanks for the fight to eveyone.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Good games everyone it was a nice tourney.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Wow that was fun. Shoutouts:

Lewis- BRING MY SHOE NEXT TIME!!!!11. lol. BUt you're really good. Just don't get frusturated at the retardness of Nana.

Chef- I was very close to ****ting myself when I fought you. Your mario is very good, just don't get over confident next time we meet.

Davis- your wolf is a beast.

Sinz- I wanted to 1v1 you. Maybe next time.

Doug- Team FungalbunnyMcJagger will rise again.

Everyone else- Good ****. Can't wait till the next tourny.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Results:

Singles:

1: Sinz
2: Alphabravo
3: GoldenGlove
4: Richard
5: Zman
5: Havox
7: Sonny
7: Sliraobe God
9: Chefman
9: Roman
9: Mike
9: Kashakunaki
13: Rayce
13: Dale
13: London
13: Victor
17: An
17: Nick
17: Blake
17: Larri
17: Mathew
17: Isacc
17: Anthony
17: John
25: Adam T
25: Robert
25: Dot
25: Bamf
25: Grant
25: Doug
25: Aaron
25: DMYGO
33: Taylor
33: John M
33: Adam
33: Nickolas
33: Hawk
33: Josh
33: Seth
33: Ari
33: Dylan
33: Ryan
33: Tony
33: Mai
33: Kim
33: Alan

Bracket

Doubles:

1: Team Manly (Sinz + Alphabravo)
2: CBOB (GoldenGlove + Kashakunaki)
3: Graile's Mercs (Havox + Sliraobe God)
4: FunGal Bunny McJaguarf
5: KGB
5: Snike
7: Blake N' Bits
7: Teen Girl Squad
9: Legendary Heros
9: Phantoms
9: Chaos League
9: LirBalls

Bracket

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Nice, 9th place. I'm still loving it, and my buddy made 4th, very nice, I need to work an my mario more to be 1st next mouth, and i won't go down so easliy. BE READY cuz me and my mario won't go easy!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wow. Not to boast, but I think I did a good job with the tournament. Definitely the best monthly yet and one of the better tournaments we've ever had.

I had a blast even though there were a few... annoying things here and there. Thanks for showing up everyone.

Thank you for the compliments Chefman and Zman. The next month is nothing but Smash and school for me. I will win...

Shoutouts:

Chefman - Next to Lewis you impressed me the most at the tournament. I didn't play you but I wanted to. Your Mario is freaking WICKED. I'll see you in the finals next tournament, haha.

Lewis - You easily impressed me the most out of everyone there. Very nice Ike. I would say cut back on the Dair spam, though. More Nairs and Fairs and less Fsmash. Perphaps some more Side Bs, as well. Good team matches also. I also want my ****ing table.

Steven - I didn't play you and I didn't watch any of your matches (except for losers and winners finals) but I must say bravo, dude, bravo. We need to work with each other more and critique each other more. You could've had the finals, perhaps next time. Also, CBOB 4lyfe. Next time we won't lose the finals. DK is wicked good.

Paul - ****ing stupid

Everett - Congratulations on winning both singles and doubles. Tournament results point to you being best in state right now, but I'll fix that soon enough. Good matches. Thanks for trying to cheer me up when I was upset.

Neil - I'm still in disbelief you had the nerve to say that crap to me after I got Olimar glitched. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and I'll just buy a new controller. Good job in the tournament. Also very nice doubles matches.

Zman - Thanks for the $1 MM and congratulations in the tournament. Your Lucas is very intimidating and with some more work I think it would be ridiculously hard to beat.

To Everyone Else - Good Game

However, my true conquest of this tournament is I BEAT VICTOR IN A MONEY MATCH AND ALMOST THREE STOCKED HIM TWICE IN THE TOURNAMENT! EAT THAT MOTHER ****ER!

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Thanks to Davis for organizing this. Of course, nothing of this scale is ever the result of just one person's efforts. I want to thank everyone who brought a set-up, and also Paul, Everett and Neil for stepping up and making sure things ran smoothly. Wouldn't have been possible without all of you.

Don't have much else to say. Great games everyone.

Side note regarding grand finals of teams: I just realized that Team Manly shouldn't have been able to counterpick Pirate Ship on us for that last match, since they had already won there earlier in the set. Ah well, life goes on.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Thanks to Davis for organizing this. Of course, nothing of this scale is ever the result of just one person's efforts. I want to thank everyone who brought a set-up, and also Paul, Everett and Neil for stepping up and making sure things ran smoothly. Wouldn't have been possible without all of you.

Don't have much else to say. Great games everyone.

Side note regarding grand finals of teams: I just realized that Team Manly shouldn't have been able to counterpick Pirate Ship on us for that last match, since they had already won there earlier in the set. Ah well, life goes on.
Agreed. Thank you.

And dammit.

Someone should make a results topic so this can be closed.
Agreed.

However, Steven, I was wondering if we could close your Albuquerque monthlies thread and I can make a new one that I can edit. That is if I'm going to be hosting the monthlies from now on.

Also, when should the next monthly be (Insomnia got $300 out of hosting this, so I think they won't mind doing it again, lol.)? I was thinking July, what with finals and supercon being in May and the Arizona tournament being in June. Perphaps late June or early July?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Uhhh, that's not true. We did win on Pirate Ship but that was during the first set of the finals, not the second set. Also, you guys were the ones who counterpicked that stage, not us.

And finally, No Johns.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Hmm...thought I remembered that being during the second set. The first time we played on Pirate Ship it was our counterpick, the second time it was yours.

No one's johning, just saying that rule should be in effect in the future. It was still our fault for not catching it, and also our fault that we lost that game, not the stage's.

Anyway, Davis, yeah, go ahead and have the current monthlies thread closed and turn this one into the new monthlies thread, so that you can edit it and whatnot.

Edit: Ok, yeah, the first time we played on Pirate Ship was in the first set. My bad.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Uhhh, that's not true. We did win on Pirate Ship but that was during the first set of the finals, not the second set. Also, you guys were the ones who counterpicked that stage, not us.

And finally, No Johns.
Dude, what the hell? No one is making excuses here. Relax.

Hmm...thought I remembered that being during the second set. The first time we played on Pirate Ship it was our counterpick, the second time it was yours.

No one's johning, just saying that rule should be in effect in the future. It was still our fault for not catching it, and also our fault that we lost that game, not the stage's.

Anyway, Davis, yeah, go ahead and have the current monthlies thread closed and turn this one into the new monthlies thread, so that you can edit it and whatnot.

Edit: Ok, yeah, the first time we played on Pirate Ship was in the first set. My bad.
Coolio. Yeah, I remember it being the first set also. No big deal.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If anyone has any videos of me, can you please post them up. I would REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I was usually leopard snake.

Top Bottom