• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super DSO 2! (aka DSO 12) - Saturday May 8th! - BRAWL AND BRAWL+ - Philadelphia, PA!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I might go. 50/50 on this. And as usual, I'll be traveling alone. So is there someone that can pic me up fromt he bus station?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you take the megabus or something that goes to 30th st station, ur within walkable distance. dont take the same bus as last time that dropped u off in no mans land lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Chinatown bus is what I take since it is cheaper. And it leaves me on ether 13th allen street or 28 Allen street.

Edit- Never mind, I found out how to get there alone. Got things mixed up.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Don't worry, if they try any of the stuff they did at KTAR2 I will DQ all of them. If it still continues I won't be afraid to kick them out of the venue. Some of their KTAR2 stuff was uncalled for.

Maybe team with NL? I heard he just confirmed and idk if he has a partner or not
Says the person who was laughing his *** off at Ktar. I swear you flipflop around every time Chibo. And lol at you kicking us out of a public place. LMFAO!

Anyway i already stated we wont yell in anyone's ear.

D.Pch u need to come and peach ditto me. Got to see how good my peach has gotten lately.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Is that right? Well I'll see. I am not too confident inmyself anymore to head out to tournbies and do horrible for like the 9th time. So I am not sure if I wanna waste all that money just to fail. Wish i could figure out some way to play on point and not play like a typical Peach all the time andI be doing damage.

If I go, then we will play. I might now enter at all though.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Says the person who was laughing his *** off at Ktar. I swear you flipflop around every time Chibo. And lol at you kicking us out of a public place. LMFAO!

D.Pch u need to come and peach ditto me. Got to see how good my peach has gotten lately.
If hes hosting an event, then yes, he can.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

The stuff at the end wasn't that bad. It was more the behavior vs Rookie and PGN that I heard about, and Logic last time almost got out of hand.

And actually, it's not public. Hence the IDs checked at the door and stuff, it's a dorm building and lol, I can easily have people kicked out.

I just want everyone to have a good time and for everyone to show some good sportsmanship lol

Allied

Smash Master
The stuff at the end wasn't that bad. It was more the behavior vs Rookie and PGN that I heard about, and Logic last time almost got out of hand.

And actually, it's not public. Hence the IDs checked at the door and stuff, it's a dorm building and lol, I can easily have people kicked out.

I just want everyone to have a good time and for everyone to show some good sportsmanship lol
I'm yelling at n*ggas just letting you know

ima just scream

CHOKE *****, SPIT ON THIS B*TCH!

mib004

Smash Ace
chibo can u not do pools in brawl singles please. Its a waste of time, and plus your gonna put yourself in a pool where everyone makes it out regardless of W/L lol. But just make a bracket so we can do friendlies, MM, and probably crew battles at the end before everyone gets tired. Making pools with 30 to 40 people is a waste of time just saying.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
chibo can u not do pools in brawl singles please. Its a waste of time, and plus your gonna put yourself in a pool where everyone makes it out regardless of W/L lol. But just make a bracket so we can do friendlies, MM, and probably crew battles at the end before everyone gets tired. Making pools with 30 to 40 people is a waste of time just saying.
I'm doing Brawl pools if there's time. It's not a waste of time. I'm not having this discussion.

No Brawl minus not going.
Ok. I hate Brawl- ever since they tried to make it as a tourney game lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You know what I like about brawl-? They just wanted to make a game with crazy ****.
You know what I hate about brawl-? They are trying to justify it.

mib004

Smash Ace
I'm doing Brawl pools if there's time. It's not a waste of time. I'm not having this discussion.
it really is a waste of time just saying. Nobody cares about a 30 to 40 man pool. There is already brawl +, making pools would just make the day extra slow for know reason.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why pay $10 when some ppl might only get 2 tourney matches? With pools you get more guaranteed sets. More bang for your buck. Plus, pools are eliminating.

edit: btw if someone wants me to house em tonight i prob can. priority to ppl traveling from further away, but if no one needs it i wouldnt mind housing a local for practice

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I agree with you chibo: But you still have to eliminate half of the entrants to save time. If you have 20 entrants, make a 12 man or 8 man bracket. What can't happen is to have pools with 30 people, and have 24 of them make it out. That's just absurd IMO, it takes too much time. Now to have 16 of them get out...that's more than fair.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not necessarily about saving time. I do eliminate to help it not run as long. I just promote as many players as I can depending on how much time we have. if were low on time (which is possible because of 4 events) then I wont do pools.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i'm just making suggestions based upon experience. I wont' actually to be able to attend (sorry people who wanted a livestream)

You can watch me and phil smash at my house rofl

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how many tv's u bringin jc, 2 or 3? just getting a rough count of all the TVs that will be here to plan some metrics

EVERYONE BRING SETUPS!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just because I want to be cautious of any kind of hacking (since some hacks have chances that people are unaware of like how ppl didnt know at first that rainy FD had changed ledges and I'm quite wary of model hacking for characters and stages), for setups that come into the venue that have homebrew enabled, I will load the game with a codeset that has nothing except for infinite replays on it so matches can still be saved.

For people coming with a brawl+ set, when you get here hand me your sd card. I will make a backup of your private and codes folders to like private old and codes old and then copy my own two folders there that will be brawl+ with team texture fixes and nothing else.

this is all just to ensure security and a standard tournament scene (like so no one is sneaking no tripping into regular brawl among other things) even if they dont mean to.

its not that I dont trust anyone (I pretty much trust everyone), its just a security measure.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would bring a TV if I could get a ride. I am not carrying that thing alone all the way to this tourny. **** is a pain. Then again, I am not sure If I want to go anymore.

mib004

Smash Ace
Just because I want to be cautious of any kind of hacking (since some hacks have chances that people are unaware of like how ppl didnt know at first that rainy FD had changed ledges and I'm quite wary of model hacking for characters and stages), for setups that come into the venue that have homebrew enabled, I will load the game with a codeset that has nothing except for infinite replays on it so matches can still be saved.

For people coming with a brawl+ set, when you get here hand me your sd card. I will make a backup of your private and codes folders to like private old and codes old and then copy my own two folders there that will be brawl+ with team texture fixes and nothing else.

this is all just to ensure security and a standard tournament scene (like so no one is sneaking no tripping into regular brawl among other things) even if they dont mean to.

its not that I dont trust anyone (I pretty much trust everyone), its just a security measure.
well can i atleast have my hacked music on.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The heck are you talking about? All I said is that I would bring one if I had a ride. And I usually carry my TV to tournies to help it move quicker. I also said from the beginning that I am not sure I am going. So idk what dramam you saw, but there isnt any.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well can i atleast have my hacked music on.
Some custom music can be really distracting to some people. I'm even going to disable the music off my own Wii for this lol, as much as I don't want to. The main thing is that you can't have just music enabled and not other file replacement hacks as well.

After the tourney is over and there is a setup no long needed for tourney matches, ppl can feel free to restart it and enable all of their textures, music, etc

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I might go. 50/50 on this. And as usual, I'll be traveling alone. So is there someone that can pic me up fromt he bus station?
Chinatown bus is what I take since it is cheaper. And it leaves me on ether 13th allen street or 28 Allen street.

Edit- Never mind, I found out how to get there alone. Got things mixed up.
Is that right? Well I'll see. I am not too confident inmyself anymore to head out to tournbies and do horrible for like the 9th time. So I am not sure if I wanna waste all that money just to fail. Wish i could figure out some way to play on point and not play like a typical Peach all the time andI be doing damage.

If I go, then we will play. I might now enter at all though.
did I win a cookie?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Brawl+ is terrible. Ain't going, so now you won't see why Brawl+ is terrible. Maybe next time lol.
Brawl+ is terrible. It's too much like vBrawl.

JC you should take two cars, me and Tant = more gas money son
Not really a possibility.

how many tv's u bringin jc, 2 or 3? just getting a rough count of all the TVs that will be here to plan some metrics

EVERYONE BRING SETUPS!
3. Only 1 Wii though.

Some custom music can be really distracting to some people. I'm even going to disable the music off my own Wii for this lol, as much as I don't want to. The main thing is that you can't have just music enabled and not other file replacement hacks as well.

After the tourney is over and there is a setup no long needed for tourney matches, ppl can feel free to restart it and enable all of their textures, music, etc
Gaaaaaay.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Great stuff, thx.

We should have around 10 full setups at the tourney which will be awesome.

You think we can get a P:M friendly station up when Brawl+ is over?
I'm hearing a lot of good things.

mib004

Smash Ace

Alex Strife let me use music at his tourney he better than chibo :( lol. lol. Cmon chbo i got good music sonic, streets of rage, battletoads, FF 7 lol.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

This is good TOing, imo.

Top Bottom