• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bubble Tea and such thread....Snakeee professes his love for pomegranate juice!

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
Pardon jumpman u said mondays, thursdays, and fridays for your school right? Could i try coming tomorrow?
U could just call me before hand and contact me on Aim./ It's on my profile. Also the reason should contact is the fact i can only get through my way. U can't get in by urself without me

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
I'll play you...
cool beans then! i'm on every night. Mah info is on this little profile thingie so drop me an im sometime to play

Wish i went there... Frigan ******* of a friend didnt feel like gong after you beat him and seeing how the pros played at the weekly. >_<

(It was still worth it when u annihilated him though >_> )

Are any of you guys going to this tourney? Think im gonna see if i can find a gamestop by me for it.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ssbb/tournament/default.asp?cookie_test=1&
All da smashers should have a list of which GS they going to so heads dont run into each other ( even though i know someones gonna bump heads. Fate is funny like that )

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
U could just call me before hand and contact me on Aim./ It's on my profile. Also the reason should contact is the fact i can only get through my way. U can't get in by urself without me
Fridays and Sats are my only free days... going out Fri. so i see u on Sat after 4pm Jump man

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
Wel i dont think ill be able to make it to your school] tomorrow jumpman... Ive been trying to figure out the whole train and bus route thing for the past 2 hours, dam how do people read these maps @_@.

(that or im reading this the wrong way)

Doc.

Smash Ace
??? if we meet up we will educate you on how to use those maps along with teaching the youngins the other things

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
interesting. so im assuming drk peach is out and imperial era is disbanded as the switch to brawl?

Doc.

Smash Ace
interesting. so im assuming drk peach is out and imperial era is disbanded as the switch to brawl?
No we still play melee =)
The crew just have a different name the rebirth of imperial era just like a phoenix imperial era will never die =)

and Vash im not going to the tourny's but to jumpman's school i already posted how to get thier

Doc.

Smash Ace
hiii guy's im in school really im in class =P i hate school but you gotta deal with it lol anyway we must think of something to do =)

Snakeee

Smash Master
Mondays suck....I start my first class at 11:00 A.M. and not done till 8:45 P.M. -_- .
...So anyway is someone making a banner?

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
If anyone shows me how to (freakin) use the trains i can cover the expenses for us. Just rlly cant get lost again, hate getting lost >_<.
www.hopstop.com all u do is enter your address and then enter ur destination, thats was when i was going to Dark Pchs. i got the hang of the train system this way. and remember wat i showed u in Friday Xvik, Take the Bx21 Bus to the E180th train station, from there u can take the 2 and the 5 trains

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
www.hopstop.com all u do is enter your address and then enter ur destination, thats was when i was going to Dark Pchs. i got the hang of the train system this way. and remember wat i showed u in Friday Xvik, Take the Bx21 Bus to the E180th train station, from there u can take the 2 and the 5 trains
Thnx homalon, gonna see if i can figure this thing out before the next time we can play.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i know its a touchy subject but i would really like to know what dark pch did that made most of his crew leave?

ive known him for quite a while and hes a good friend of mine however i dont want to remind him of his mistake so it would be cool if someone here can tell me?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i know its a touchy subject but i would really like to know what dark pch did that made most of his crew leave?

ive known him for quite a while and hes a good friend of mine however i dont want to remind him of his mistake so it would be cool if someone here can tell me?
You dont need to worry about it. Its past history and done with

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Trust me, it's more of a touchy subject then you may realize. I suggest you ask people on instant messages about this, just so to both not help it spread and to put the matter on this thread.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Guys we all need to play the gamestop tourneys, so here is some help from a convo I had with Doc.

Ruben2580 [8:37 PM]: ok i been reading the rule's round 1 seems pretty hard
Ruben2580 [8:38 PM]: a 1 minute match
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:38 PM]: its retarted
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:38 PM]: i kno
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:38 PM]: lol
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:38 PM]: most likely with items
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:38 PM]: you personally should go ike
Ruben2580 [8:38 PM]: i am i always go ike
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:38 PM]: ok well hes perfect for this
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:39 PM]: you wont die in the 1 min...you can kill quickly
Ruben2580 [8:39 PM]: You like a need a fast killer for round 1
Ruben2580 [8:39 PM]: you better be training like Od don't get beat by a random noob
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:39 PM]: im going ZSS...ill probably kill just with her armor, then dash attack- d tilt- up air- up air- up air
GAME SET!
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:40 PM]: no way
Ruben2580 [8:40 PM]: hay it happens if there are items
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:40 PM]: i wont even give them the chance to grab an item
Ruben2580 [8:40 PM]: Latios and Latias are dangerous so watch out
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:40 PM]: oh yeah theres a likely chance that youll be forced to use a wiimote+nunchuck
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:40 PM]: lol ok
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:41 PM]: i practiced a few battles with that controller, it takes some getting used to i suggest you all try it out if you have to use it
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:41 PM]: if youve used it before at all though it should actually be an advantage
Ruben2580 [8:41 PM]: yea but not all of us have the game yet
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:42 PM]: i mean try to play it before that
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:42 PM]: and use that controller
Ruben2580 [8:42 PM]: lol i really need to go to jumpmans school then
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:42 PM]: only if theyre gonna make us use that though
Ruben2580 [8:42 PM]: yea i understand
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:43 PM]: i was SDing and playing retarted the first game i tried using it so this might be a big heads up
Ruben2580 [8:43 PM]: yea this is very useful information
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:43 PM]: only took 2 or 3 games to pretty much get the hang of it tho
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:44 PM]: we should call the gamestop were gonna go to and find out...plus you might have to register already
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:44 PM]: i hope not cuz im not home till this weekend
Ruben2580 [8:44 PM]: i think we register when we get there
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:44 PM]: or actually i might not be able to come home this weekend
Ruben2580 [8:44 PM]: but fast so go there real early
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:44 PM]: i hope so
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:44 PM]: im gonna call mine tomorro
Ruben2580 [8:45 PM]: All Contestants must check-in with the onsite GTD at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of play. Contestants who are not checked-in at least thirty (30) minutes prior to play may be eliminated from the Contest in the GTD’s sole discretion. On the day of Round 1, complete an official participation form, or if you are a minor (defined as under 19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska, under 21 in Mississippi and under 18 years of age in all other states and the District of Columbia), a pa

Snakeee

Smash Master
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:45 PM]: go for quick kills but be careful not to SD and just make sure you stay alive for the rest of the game
Ruben2580 [8:46 PM]: yea
Ruben2580 [8:46 PM]: Thats Ike's game also dedede's
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:46 PM]: ok but i heard some gamestops had a list already
Ruben2580 [8:46 PM]: wow
Ruben2580 [8:46 PM]: well in anycase call
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:47 PM]: problem with staying alive after the first kill is I'd say to just camp for the rest of it but there are probably items...
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:47 PM]: you dont want your opponent to pull something retarted at the end
Ruben2580 [8:47 PM]: also it may be point wise so get as much kills as possible
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:48 PM]: well its 1v1s
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:48 PM]: which im very surprised actually
Ruben2580 [8:48 PM]: yea
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:48 PM]: do NOT SD yourself at high damage...apparently it still counts as the opponents kill unless you werent hit for a LONG time
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 [8:48 PM]: so dont even bother

Doc.

Smash Ace
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL RULES

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN.

THE 2008 SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL TOURNAMENT (“CONTEST”) IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 13 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

ELIGIBILITY:

Employees of GameStop, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Nintendo and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies ("Sponsor and its agents") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to play or win. Void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local and regulations applies.

This 2008 Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament (“Tournament”) consists of four (4) rounds of competition.

The onsite GameStop Tournament Director (“GTD”) will present play instructions, any mandatory game play settings, and Game Controller directions during the introduction prior to commencement of each Round. Participating entrants (referred herein as “Contestant") are responsible for understanding the Game Controllers and instructions. All Contestants must check-in with the onsite GTD at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of play. Contestants who are not checked-in at least thirty (30) minutes prior to play may be eliminated from the Tournament in the GTD’s sole discretion. Pairing of Contestants is at the sole discretion of the GTD. The GTD will signal to initiate all play. Regardless of the Round, Contestants must use Game Controllers provided at the participating GameStop location or Tournament location. A Contestant cannot use his or her own Game Controllers. In each Round, each contestant will have limited time to eliminate his/her opponent (refer to each Round for time limitations).

The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant who violates these Official Rules. By entering, all Contestants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, the decisions of the Sponsor and/or GTD and to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by email, mail and/or telephone regarding this Contest.

HOW TO QUALIFY FOR ROUND 1:

To enter Round 1 of the Tournament, visit a participating GameStop location on March 8, 2008. To obtain the address of the participating locations nearest to you, visit www.gamestop.com/smash. All Contestants must check-in with the onsite GTD at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of play. Contestants who are not checked-in at least thirty (30) minutes prior to play may be eliminated from the Contest in the GTD’s sole discretion. On the day of Round 1, complete an official participation form, or if you are a minor (defined as under 19 years of age in Alabama and Nebraska, under 21 in Mississippi and under 18 years of age in all other states and the District of Columbia), a parent or legal guardian will be required to complete and sign the official form. After the form is signed, give the official form to the GameStop tournament representative who will call your name when it is your time to compete in Round 1. When your name is called, you will be given one (1) opportunity to compete against another Contestant at that location. Each Round 1 Contestant will be paired with another Round 1 Contestant in a one (1) minute match until one (1) Contestant is eliminated. The winner of each Round 1 match will then compete against another winner until only one (1) Round 1 Contestant has survived the elimination matches. The surviving Round 1 winner at each participating GameStop location will be declared the District Winner and will have the opportunity to compete in Round 2 of the Tournament.

All Store Winners will be determined on March 8, 2008 and will be responsible for getting to the one of 274 District locations where Round 2 of the Tournament will take place. If you are a minor, please consult with your parent or legal guardian before traveling to the location for Round 2. GameStop, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for any expense the winner or his/her parent (or legal guardian) incurs while traveling to the location of Round 2. The Sponsor will not reimburse any travel expenses to a Store Winner or his or her parent (or legal guardian).

HOW TO QUALIFY FOR ROUND 2:

Round 2 will be conducted on or about March 15, 2008. In Round 2 all Store Winners (or parent or legal guardian if Store Winner is a minor) will be required to present his or her certificate of winning Round 1 and to read and sign a Release of Liability before competing. Failure to execute and submit the Release will automatically disqualify a Store Winner from participating in Round 2.

After the Release is read and signed, return it to the GameStop Tournament Director (“GTD”) who will call your name when it is your time to compete in Round 2. When your name is called, you will be given one (1) opportunity to compete against another Store Winner. Each Round 2 Store Winner will be paired with another Store Winner for a three (3) minute match until one Contestant is eliminated. The winner of each Round 2 match will then compete against another Store Winner until only one (1) Store Winner has survived the elimination matches for that District and will be declared a District Winner and will have the opportunity to compete in Round 3 of the Contest.

All District Winners will be determined on March 15, 2008 and will be responsible for getting to the GameStop Store location where Round 3 of the Contest will take place. If you are a minor, please consult with your parent or legal guardian before traveling to the location for Round 3. The Sponsor is not responsible for any expense the winner or his/her parent (or legal guardian) incurs while traveling to the location of Round 3. The Sponsor will not reimburse any travel expenses to a District Winner or his or her parent (or legal guardian).

HOW TO QUALIFY FOR ROUND 3:

Round 3 will be conducted on or about March 29, 2008. In Round 3 of the Contest, all District Winners will be given one (1) opportunity to compete against another District Winner (as determined by the Sponsor) until one Contestant is eliminated per match. Each District Winner will compete against another District Winner for a five (5) minute match until only one (1) Contestant has survived the elimination rounds. The top eight (8) scoring District Winners will be declared the Semifinalists for that region and will have the opportunity to compete in Round 4 of the Contest.

All Semifinalists will be determined on or about March 31, 2008. Approximately 8 Semifinalists will advance to Round 4 of the Contest which will be held on April 12, 2008 at GameStop, 3600-A Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA, 95117. Semifinalists will be required to travel on specified dates as determined by Sponsor and will be required to present a valid photo ID (or any legal document if necessary) to compete in Round 4.
Trip includes: round-trip coach-class airfare for winner only (unless winner is a minor) from a major commercial airport nearest winner’s primary residence (to be determined by Sponsor) or ground transportation if winner resides within 100 miles radius of Event City, hotel accommodations for one (1) night (one room, single or double occupancy), and $200.00 spending money, which will be awarded in the form of a check. All meals, ground transportation (other than as noted), taxes (including but not limited to federal and state, income and sales tax), gratuities, incidentals, service charges, upgrades or other expenses not specified herein are not included and are the Semifinalist sole responsibility. If the Round 4 is cancelled or postponed for any reason, awarding of the remaining elements of Semifinalist trip shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation and no substitute or additional compensation will be awarded. All travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor or its designated agent. No travel date substitutions allowed. If a Semifinalist is unable to travel on dates specified by Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and the player who was eliminated last prior to the Semifinalist prize winner may be declared the alternate winner, provided there is sufficient time to verify alternate winner and make travel arrangement, otherwise such Semifinalist prize will not be awarded. If, for any reason whatsoever, the Semifinalist cannot travel after all travel arrangements are made and paid, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Semifinalist. Travel and accommodations are subject to change and availability and restrictions may apply.

ROUND 4:

In Round 4 of the Contest, all eight (8) Semifinalists will be given two (2) opportunities to compete against another Semifinalist, as determined by the Sponsor, in a five (5) minute match. The top two (2) scoring Semifinalists (after double elimination rounds) will be declared the Finalists. The 2 Finalist with the best of three rounds score in Round 4 (subject to verification) will be declared the Grand Prize Winner of the 2008 Super Smash Brothers Brawl Final Tournament. The Finalist with the second highest score in Round 4 (subject to verification) will be declared the Second Prize Winner.

TIES:

In case of a tie in Rounds 1, 2, and 4, the tied contestants will have a rematch to determine the winner. In case of a tie in Round 3, the winner will be determined based on the contestant that received the less falls overall. In case of a further tie, the winner will be determined based on the contestant that has the least amount of self-destructs overall.

SCORING/TRACKING:

All scores will be tracked by the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Software automated tournament bracket mode (Tourney Mode) will be deemed the official score for all purposes.

PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):

One (1) Grand Prize consisting of: one (1) Vizio 37” LCD TV (ARV: $900.00), entire First Party Nintendo Wii Software Library (ARV: $700.00), one Nintendo Wii Console (ARV: $250.00), selected Nintendo Wii Accessories as determined by Sponsor (ARV: $150.00), $5,000 Cash (ARV: $5,000) and the Grand Prize Trophy (ARV: $500.00). Total ARV of Grand Prize is $7,500.00. One (1) Second Prize: A $1,000.00 GameStop Gift Card (ARV: $1,000.00). Eight (8) Semifinalists Prizes: One (1) Trophy (ARV $35.00 each) plus a 2day/2)night trip for Regional winner only (unless Regional winner is a minor in which case a parent or legal guardian will need to accompany traveling minor) to San Jose, California to participate in Round 4 (“Event”), ARV: $1,600.00 each. Actual ARV of each Semifinalists prize may vary based on location of Regional winner’s residence and fares at time of departure. If actual value of Semifinalist prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, then the difference will not be awarded. ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $21,300.00.

Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses concerned with this Contest and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner are responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of any prize except that each merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Card usage subject to the complete GameStop Gift Card terms and conditions. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable. No substitution by any winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) with a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value in the event offered prize is unavailable. Winners will be responsible for payment of all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with the awarding of their respective prizes. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner.

WINNER NOTIFICATION:

The top eight scoring (8) Regional Winners (prior to travel) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9 and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, within three (3) days of notification or he/she may be disqualified and the contestant with the next highest score in that region may be determined the alternate. If a winner is less than the age of majority in his or her state of residence, all required documents must be signed by the winner’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is contacted and does not respond as directed within three (3) days of attempted contact, or refuses the prize within three (3) days of notification or is ineligible to accept the prize, or does not complied with these Official Rules, or has made false statements or if prize notification is retuned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an alternate may be determined. Semifinalists are not considered winners and are not recipients of any prize until all required documentation are received and have been verified by Sponsor or judges. Winning constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use any winner’s name, entry, hometown, likeness, prize won, statements and photograph (all at Sponsor’s discretion) for future advertising, publicity in any and all media (including online posting) now or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.

GENERAL:

The Sponsor and its agents are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in or travel to or from this Contest by any contestant or from the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Contest. By entering, Contestant assumes sole liability for injuries, including, without limitation, personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by, related to, or arising out of participating in or traveling to or from this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond Sponsor's control. Sponsor is not responsible for any software or hardware failure, or failure to contact Contestants, whether due to technical or human error. If a game is interrupted intentionally by any Contestant, such Contestant will immediately be disqualified.

By entering this Contest, each Contestant agrees to the posting and use of his or her name and/or photograph/video by GameStop, Inc., and this Contest, on Sponsor's website and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity and advertising for GameStop, Inc., this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation, except where prohibited by law.

Sponsor and/or its agents may film, record and/or take photographs during the Contest, and may use the resulting footage, recordings or photographs for a range of purposes, including, without limitation, for marketing and promoting Sponsor and/or its agents and their respective products and services. By participating in the Contest, each Contestant authorizes Sponsor to film, record and/or photograph his or her voice and likeness ("Image") , and also grants the Sponsor and its agents the irrevocable right to use any footage, recordings or photographs of him or her recorded or taken during the Contest, or any reproduction or modification thereof (collectively, the "Recordings") in any manner and medium throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition or any other lawful purpose, except where prohibited by law . By participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each Contestant further waives any right of inspection or approval of the uses to which Sponsor and its agents may put the Recordings, and releases Sponsor and its agents from any and all claims arising out of or in connection with the Recordings, the Contestant's Image or Sponsor's and/or its agents use thereof. The Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Texas and all claims must be resolved in courts sitting in Tarrant County.

WINNERS LIST:

For a list of winners, available after April 30, 2008, send a stamped, self addressed envelope to: 2008 Super Smash Bros. Tournament Winners, 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX, 76051.

SPONSOR:

This Contest is sponsored by GameStop, Inc., 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, TX, 76051

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
PMing me is best...or just post your question, whatever here. I stop by the forums every so often during my work day.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My offer still stands if you guys want a banner from me. Just need to tell me what to put on it.

Luigi Heat Fist

Smash Apprentice
Sure, how do you want it, colors, font, characters, size etc.
Alright. I want Luigi,Pikachu,and Sonic in their original colors in sum type of cool pose.Like Luigi doing a Heat Fist and Sonic from "Sonic Battle" doing hiz Sonic Flare kick and Pikachu doing hiz Volt Tackle.The size should be wide,and the crew's name sumwhere. Thanx for ur help!:)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Have any specific images in mind (like url's and such) would be helpful :) *at work right now*

Also do you want your name in it or just the crew's name?

Sorry for the questions, the more specifics I know the better I can accurately make the banner to your liking. :D

Top Bottom