• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Awesome Happy Fun Time Tournament - Need set-ups! - May 5th, 2013 - Chatsworth, CA

Lovage

Smash Hero
So I just woke up and wtf dude you always leave something at a tournament...controller, TV, charger. You really should just write a list of everything you bring cause at the end of every tournament there's no way you can remember by yourself.

stabs a pothead

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i just want to go a tourney before kings of cali, doesnt matter much when, and of course if i could make 2 thatd be great. i guess occidental is closer than festizzios so id have slight preference for them.

although i think one (or a few) weekend(s) in socal without a tourney isnt a big deal

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Other people that aren't posting here already planned to go to the 21st so just watch videos for a day.

WHA?

Smash Ace
can i ask why on sunday? :o just ceriouse?
this is at a store where they hold other card/game tourneys
on saturdays they hold other tournaments, which all their regular are accustomed to

TAPEZ is bringin full setup

baka4moé

Smash Champion
anyone going to this sunday willing to give a couple friends and me a ride? we live in pasadena and can bring a setup and pay for gas.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Click "Doubles" or "Singles" to view brackets.

Doubles:

1: Lovage+Westballz
2: Baka4moe+J666
3: Sung+Dan
4: Sacasumoto+Clayton
5: Joejoe+Sparky
5: Crimsonblur+Dendy
7: Anymosity+Wha?

Singles:

1: Weston
2: s2j
3: Sung
4: Baka
5: Oscar
5: J666
7: MERC
7: Sparky
9: Clayton
9: Saca666
9: Joejoe
9: DendyPretendy
13: Bizarro
13: Crimson Blur
13: Andymosity
13: Tapez
17: SRay
17: Wieners
17: Askem
17: Wha?
17: F1SHY
17: E-Crazy
17: Dan
17: Tyrone
25: Eddy
25: Sage
25: Grms
25: Sportega
25: Daniel
25: Carl
25: Azu
25: Paladin'

festizzio

Smash Champion
We had 32 people for singles! :O Thanks everyone who came! I'll post up the next one for some time in November...any suggestions?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
how about the 25th, two weekends after the regional.

anyways I had fun, ill prob post a few shoutouts later. it was great seeing everyone again after quite a while, as well as seeing new faces.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Festizzio - Thanks for hosting! And you closed the place a lot later than usual

Westballz - Didn't watch your matches vs S2J (seen em a million times) but nice work definitely think you should buy a controller ASAP
S2J - Learned a lot in our sets even though you were screwin around
Baka - Ggs, your fox coulda maybe had it if you didn't SD...maybe.. but anyway you know what you need to work on, honestly the only thing I did was take advantage of everything I told you to change
Lovage - Don't really understand your goals but I hope to see super **** Lovage again
J666 - Well at least you got revenge on two losses...but not three :[ I definitely think you should incorporate more of that waiting on people's shields like you did against JoeJoe (you do it sometimes but that time it was just e-crazy)
MERC - Break that controller in, play again next tournament in Tarzana on Sunday!
Sparky - Givin me a run for my money in them friendlies, if only Andymosity got 7th then it woulda been SLO > SB LOL
Clayton - Yo fun stuff with yall at In N Out, but seriously though I haven't been legit 4 stocked in AGES with falco jiminy...
Saca666 - Good work beating Crimson and taking a game off Merc, keep it up I'm impressed and I take credit for everything you've done/will do haha
Joejoe - Against Baka those weak nairs into his shield were EATING you alive space space space oh and I support w/e char you choose to play as long as it's top tier
DendyPretendy - Gotta think just a little more so you can adapt in the 2nd match, coulda generated MAD HYPE
Bizarro - Your match vs CoolKid (Clayton) was SOOOOO CLOSE HOOOLY you were even in the lead but couldn't clutch it out
Crimson Blur - Speaking of clutch though, holy fudge could NOT believe that comeback on Wha. Your worst MU may be Sheik hmm but you know what you need to now and that is not to practice mewtwo and roy for 3 hours
Andymosity - Didn't get to play you but glad you came
Tapez - Don't ever challenge me to a random character 1 stock $1 MM, hope you learned your lesson boy
Wieners - Did you finally get your first win in tourney?
Wha? - The chokesies, sad but funny at the same time. My bad luck finally gave out, I'll see you next SUNDAY
F1SHY - Speaking of mad chokesies... hope you remember the things I said
E-Crazy - LOL learn that samus match up bro! Performed much worse than I expected, you seemed like you were playing way better last time (like against HugQ)
Dan - Not bad in teams, but not good enough unfortunately
Daniel - Make sure to watch the advanced how to play videos!

------------------------

I didn't get to play yall but I hope you all check out the tournament next Sunday (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=328881) and also register for Kings of Cali it will be EXTREMELY sick http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327543 lastly join the SOCAL MELEE COMMUNITY facebook group! Sorry for the advertisement Festizzio

SRay
Askem
Tyrone
Eddy
Sage
Grms
Sportega
Carl
Azu
Paladin'

D

Deleted member

Why you should register for Kings of Cali:

1. really nice venue
2. lotss of non-Socal players coming including Dr. Peepee. If you don't plan on travelling far for smash this is a really rare opportunity
3. 8v8 or 10v10 Socal vs Norcal crewbattle, come cheer on Socal cuz Norcal SUX
4. 21+ can drink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwAz5lAfcf4&feature=results_video

the HYPE video, watch the clip where I poop on lucky

==

so if u guys are interested, should pre-reg sooner than later!

Top Bottom