• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Commenting on an earlier topic, assist trophies are a form of representation for a series, yes. Though having a playable character actually brings that character's world to Smash. A stage, more music, a more detailed character model, a better idea of the character's personality and identity through a full moveset representing said game world, battle taunts, idle stances, victory animations and just being a part of Ultimate's whole, 'Everyone is Here!' theme and being forever cemented on that freaking mural lol. Even though Little Mac was an assist in Brawl, his series didn't really feel part of Smash until he was upgraded to playable in Smash 4. If I didn't already know Golden Sun's lore, I'd never think Isaac could control earth just by looking at him or the moves Sakurai ultimately chose to represent him with in his assist trophy.

I'll also echo an earlier sentiment in that going through Ultimate's speculation cycle feeling pretty good about Isaac's chances, only to see him get deconfirmed, it can't get any worst. More DLC is just a nice bonus regardless of whether Isaac is a part of that or not, just that more DLC also happens to give Isaac a shot to be upgraded so the possibility makes me smile, but I don't see myself being crushed to the extent I was during Ultimate's final direct should Isaac not make it.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm not feeling overall optimistic or pessimistic right now, largely due to the fact we really don't know what to expect of this future DLC. What kind of characters they will go for (1st party? 3rd party? Both? Just relevant or recent picks?), how many characters we can expect, if "deconfirmed" characters are on the table (whether spirit, Mii costume, or the big one, assist trophies), etc.

Until we learn more, see a character unveiled and get more context it's pretty up in the air right now what Sakurai has in store for us.

"not pessimistic" is an upgrade from "pessimistic" though so there's that atleast...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Something I think might help Isaac’s chances are the fact that Sakurai said he wants to please the fans even more with the announcement of more DLC fighters.

It’s possible Isaac was made an AT because Sakurai had other priorities and figured he wouldn’t have time to make him a fighter. But now that Ultimate sold so well and the Pass most likely sold extremely well too he now has all the time he needs to continue to add to the roster. Especially since Ultimate will most likely be the only Smash game for a very long time.

I don’t think being an AT matters for two reasons.

1. As others have mentioned the AT can just be toggled off if the fighter appears on the stage.

2. Even though he isn’t in my top 2 fighters I really do believe Waluigi has a very good chance of getting in because of how vocal the fans were in the speculation leading up to the games. If Waluigi gets in then there’s nothing stopping Isaac.

I hope as well Nintendo wakes up and realizes they have an amazing RPG series in GS and with how well the genre is doing on the Switch they have a series they can make all the money on and not have to share with someone like Square.

On a side note I also think my other guy Geno has an amazingly high chance now.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
If Isaac gets in, what model will he use? The one in the assist, a slight alteration, a mix of DD and classic, or something different?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
If Isaac gets in, what model will he use? The one in the assist, a slight alteration, a mix of DD and classic, or something different?
It definitely won't be the one from the Assist, since it's too low-poly for a playable character. I hope he gets an upgraded version of it, using his classic design, although that one leak that mixed his classic design and his Dark Dawn coat is awesome and I'd love to see an official render of it.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, the news of additional fighters brings me once again back to this thread. I've not really been around since the November Direct days (that feels like it was an eternity ago) since I figured Assist Trophy was the end of the road for the time being and I hadn't been especially optimistic about future fighters until yesterday. But yesterday came and brought us the most hype announcements I could imagine, so I'm happy to be able to come back to the Golden Sun thread in whatever capacity and that speculation is set ablaze once again with possibilities.

It's definitely too early to say what will happen with non-Fighter's Pass DLC with any real amount of confidence, though I don't think we're going to see any sort "course correction" angle in which Sakurai tries to please everyone who wasn't happy with characters in certain places (I've seen people tossing around such a pass of characters and I just don't think it's how Sakurai is going to go). But outside of going all in on an idea like that, I do think we'll see a couple of characters previously thought to be permanently out of the running. Isaac, Waluigi, and Bomberman strike me as the main three Assist Trophies that could seize this opportunity to upgrade into fully playable. That said, there's also a lot of fan requests that are just Spirits or not even in the game, so it's still going to be a hard fight to playability I imagine. But oh well, I'm glad that possibilities are back on the table!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday, another chance has begun. Who knows when everyone post-pass will be locked in for development, so we must act quickly.

We'll make them regret not putting him on the base roster... In a good way, of course :)

Please don't give Pokémon Sword and Shield a character.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Model-wise I imagine they'll just go with a repurposed version of the Mii Costume, it's higher fidelity than the AT. They'll just clean it up a bit, and tweak it here and there. I expect something similar was done for K. Rool.

Commenting on an earlier topic, assist trophies are a form of representation for a series, yes. Though having a playable character actually brings that character's world to Smash. A stage, more music, a more detailed character model, a better idea of the character's personality and identity through a full moveset representing said game world, battle taunts, idle stances, victory animations and just being a part of Ultimate's whole, 'Everyone is Here!' theme and being forever cemented on that freaking mural lol. Even though Little Mac was an assist in Brawl, his series didn't really feel part of Smash until he was upgraded to playable in Smash 4. If I didn't already know Golden Sun's lore, I'd never think Isaac could control earth just by looking at him or the moves Sakurai ultimately chose to represent him with in his assist trophy.

I'll also echo an earlier sentiment in that going through Ultimate's speculation cycle feeling pretty good about Isaac's chances, only to see him get deconfirmed, it can't get any worst. More DLC is just a nice bonus regardless of whether Isaac is a part of that or not, just that more DLC also happens to give Isaac a shot to be upgraded so the possibility makes me smile, but I don't see myself being crushed to the extent I was during Ultimate's final direct should Isaac not make it.
I really don't know why Sakurai is so taken with the hands. If they weren't already part of his AT, I really don't think they'd be anyone first choice for how he was implemented. In-universe, I don't believe they're even visible, just something to aid in the overworld.

I guess it's something that sets him apart... but frankly a lot of stuff would do that.

I'm not feeling overall optimistic or pessimistic right now, largely due to the fact we really don't know what to expect of this future DLC. What kind of characters they will go for (1st party? 3rd party? Both? Just relevant or recent picks?), how many characters we can expect, if "deconfirmed" characters are on the table (whether spirit, Mii costume, or the big one, assist trophies), etc.

Until we learn more, see a character unveiled and get more context it's pretty up in the air right now what Sakurai has in store for us.

"not pessimistic" is an upgrade from "pessimistic" though so there's that atleast...
Less pessimistic is a pretty pessimistic way of saying more optimistic. :p

Well, the news of additional fighters brings me once again back to this thread. I've not really been around since the November Direct days (that feels like it was an eternity ago) since I figured Assist Trophy was the end of the road for the time being and I hadn't been especially optimistic about future fighters until yesterday. But yesterday came and brought us the most hype announcements I could imagine, so I'm happy to be able to come back to the Golden Sun thread in whatever capacity and that speculation is set ablaze once again with possibilities.

It's definitely too early to say what will happen with non-Fighter's Pass DLC with any real amount of confidence, though I don't think we're going to see any sort "course correction" angle in which Sakurai tries to please everyone who wasn't happy with characters in certain places (I've seen people tossing around such a pass of characters and I just don't think it's how Sakurai is going to go). But outside of going all in on an idea like that, I do think we'll see a couple of characters previously thought to be permanently out of the running. Isaac, Waluigi, and Bomberman strike me as the main three Assist Trophies that could seize this opportunity to upgrade into fully playable. That said, there's also a lot of fan requests that are just Spirits or not even in the game, so it's still going to be a hard fight to playability I imagine. But oh well, I'm glad that possibilities are back on the table!
I know I'd be thrilled with any of those three. Been out here for Isaac and Bomberman since Brawl (though I took a break from Bomberman when Konami threw him in the pit), and Waluigi finally Stockholm Syndrome'd me.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I know I'd be thrilled with any of those three. Been out here for Isaac and Bomberman since Brawl (though I took a break from Bomberman when Konami threw him in the pit), and Waluigi finally Stockholm Syndrome'd me.
Same with the wah. Initially disliked him, but have grown to appreciate him more. Wish he got a solo game and/or appeared outside the spinoffs

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I was pretty against the idea of Waluigi at first, but the memes and being in a similar situation have made me start to like him a good deal. I would definitely welcome his inclusion now

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've always been indifferent to Waluigi and still am. Only reason I would want to see him in Ultimate now is to break the "AT characters can't become playable within the same game" fan rule.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I've always been indifferent to Waluigi and still am. Only reason I would want to see him in Ultimate now is to break the "AT characters can't become playable within the same game" fan rule.
I honestly think the vast majority of "support" for Waluigi are in it for the meme.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think the vast majority of "support" for Waluigi are in it for the meme.
I highly disagree, I've been following Waluigi in Smash since Brawl and I've only seen his support grow the same way a character like Geno has. They even acknowledged the growth of fan demand for Waluigi in Smash 4 with one of Sakurai's Miiverse posts (Which were made by him). Although it did poke a bit of fun at Waluigi suggesting that he didn't have enough support (The quote was "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into battle"). The quote is now infamous with Waluigi fans as it caused a bit of negative backlash during then which only got worse once he was confirmed to be an assist trophy again in Ultimate, and he was used to showcase assist trophies getting K.O. which didn't please fans. I do admit that the fan outcry did become a meme but that meme drew in actual new supporters as a ton of the people who joined the Justice For Waluigi meme actually started genuinely wanting the character.

Sorry if this came across as hostile but I really want Waluigi to join the roster and will defend him at any opportunity. (Also remember how most people thought that only memers wanted Sans in Smash in someway, well here we are now).

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
So... this probably nothing, but still

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So... this probably nothing, but still
Is this Solanchi person a known leaker?

It would probably bode pretty well for Isaac if Geno was the last fighter pass character. If nothing else it would confirm Sakurai is still interested in popular Smash community picks.

It would also destroy the spirits deconfirm idea which while not assist trophies is still a step in the right direction.

Nidre

Smash Rookie
Just voted for Isaac on the discord poll.

For me, certainly Bomberman would be nearly as good as a character, and I'm a Waluigi fan too (though a bit less so). Other characters who seem to have support as ATs are Skull Kid (not as big of a fan, and perhaps I'm remembering wrong but the candidacy really began in the 4 speculation days to increase Zelda rep numbers, and I'm not too concerned with them) and Ashley (not really in my most requested but would also be cool as a fan of WarioWare, just not sure where the moveset goes, and a new rep there is also not required numberwise, IMO)

While we're on the subject, there are two characters I'm more into than others: Rayman, who has a very good chance now if Spirits don't deconfirm for bonus (I will begrudgingly admit that this is a bit more likely than AT upgrades) and the current 3p patterns continue. On the flip side, I've always been a big Advance Wars fan so Andy is high on my list, even though support seems to dropped off drastically since the GBA/Brawl speculation days.

Of course there are more good choices that I think would fit well, but these are the main ones that I think I would get excited about if announced. I now realize that these are all not possible without Spirit/AT upgrades, but that at least feels back on the table for me again post-bonus reveal.

roydgriffin

Smash Rookie
Another thing I feel going for Isaac is that the characters outside of the fighter pass have to be fan favourites to do well.
Know what I mean? Many people got the fighters Pass, and while there are definitely some fan favourites on there, not many would have bought Terry for example. Or even Hero, at least outside of Japan I think.
So hopefully they know Isaac has had the largest following on here until he was "deconfirmed" as an assist trophy, even more than Geno or Banjo.

Honestly, while I think Isaac best represents the Golden Sun series, I would be equally happy with Felix or even Matthew too, since the movesets would be identical anyway, and one of my main hopes for smash is a Golden Sun stage with remastered Golden Sun music, to raise awareness for the series in generall.
But I'm really going of-topic now.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
He was one of the largest followings in Smash. Which is clear based on how much non-fighter/stage stuff Golden Sun got. I think it might be the most of any non-represented franchise? (Mii Costume, plenty of Spirits, an AT and music tracks). Can someone confirm if there is a more represented franchise that does not have a fighter???

Plus we did really well in the ballot and the legendary Nintendo NY reaction to Isaac being an AT. If Nintendo did not know then, they do now. The big question is will they 100% listen to the ballot and fans?

If yes, Isaac is a lock. They will replace the AT with Matthew. Isaac will be playable. If not, it will be another try with the next Smash Bros

Ultimate has wrecked almost every "fanrule" barring Isaac. The last rule is ATs cannot be promoted same game. It may not feel it, but Ultimate has done more for us than any Smash before. Playable or not.

roydgriffin

Smash Rookie
Yeah, there was definitely a part of me happy to have his assist trophy back after being miA in Smash4.
I feel like there are no rules that can be broken, the only one being that the character has to be from a videogame.
Let's hope!

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Or inversely, they'll put Matthew as playable. or Felix. (After all, Felix is the real hero)
Or they put old Isaac in, since it's the most recent depiction of the character. There is a lot of things they could do.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Back on the hype train again, are we?
It's great that we've got this second wind for Smash Speculation beyond the Fighters Pass, so I'm pretty hopeful we'll see a strong Nintendo presence for the future newcomers. Here's hoping we finally reach the Sunrise of Isaac finally breaking free from the Assist Trophy prison and making the leap to playable!!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
As pointed above there are many things they can do for a Golden Sun rep if they decide it is time, it is just a matter of will they do it? Do they finally see we haven't settled? Guess we will know whenever we get the first teaser or announcement regarding non fighter pass DLC. I think it could be when the 5th is showcased, but who knows? When do you think we will get info?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
They said we'd get info about those new fighters soon. Probably not names but maybe they'll explain how they chose them, or how they will.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
On the flip side, I've always been a big Advance Wars fan so Andy is high on my list,
Advance Wars representation would be my number 2 pick, but the fan support is less than Golden Sun. I can't get rid of the idea of Sami as a Snake echo fighter with her B moves changed to use the GBA sprites.

The sad thing is the entire franchise only sold MAYBE 1.5 mil worldwide across four games, and as much as I put hundreds probably even thousands of hours into it (and S ranked all of Wargroove!), those sales were atrocious outside of the US and Europe. It very much is a North American franchise. I'm talking like 5000 units in Japan. I'd be surprised if anyone knew of it there, aside from gaming historians and Intelligent System fanatics (of which Sakurai is both, ofc). So you'd be going for that token "Western" pick, which a lot of people feel Ridley and Banjo already were.

So sad they removed the assist trophy for Ultimate too.

Another thing I feel going for Isaac is that the characters outside of the fighter pass have to be fan favourites to do well.
Know what I mean? Many people got the fighters Pass, and while there are definitely some fan favourites on there, not many would have bought Terry for example. Or even Hero, at least outside of Japan I think.
So hopefully they know Isaac has had the largest following on here until he was "deconfirmed" as an assist trophy, even more than Geno or Banjo.
I keep thinking on it and the line about pleasing the fans gives me the most hope, if only for how much Golden Sun came up in the circumstances surrounding the launch of Ultimate:

• Rathalos Tweet (if if not intended)
  • Sprout item
  • Grinch leak
  • Speculation on the delay of the direct due to the earthquake
  • Isaac AT reaction videos

God, there was so much. And every single bit had to reach Sakurai in some way. We know his heart breaks when he disappoints people. I can't imagine a DLC fighter that would please the fans more. If both Geno (as Square is willing to play ball) and Isaac aren't in this next batch of fighters... then that line seems like a big lie.

He was one of the largest followings in Smash. Which is clear based on how much non-fighter/stage stuff Golden Sun got. I think it might be the most of any non-represented franchise? (Mii Costume, plenty of Spirits, an AT and music tracks). Can someone confirm if there is a more represented franchise that does not have a fighter???
Here's a better question: Is there a better selling Nintendo franchise that doesn't have a playable character in Smash?

• I mean Brain Age, Excitebike and Nintendogs, sure. Those are kind of hard to have a playable character for obvious reasons. Though idk after Duck Hunt.
  • Paper Mario is a consideration if you consider it separate from Mario.
  • NintendoLand and Tomodatchi Life aren't much of a franchise by themselves...
  • Arms is in the ballpark to what GS sold. Jury's out on whether that is a franchise that will stick, though.
  • Xenoblade is already represented with Shulk and we know Sakurai wanted to add Rex and Pyra. XC2 itself didn't outsell GS.
  • Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, Eternal Darkness, Custom Robo, Fossil Fighters all didn't sell as well.

To put it in perspective, Golden Sun is a more successful franchise, even with 3 games and 10 years dead now, than

• Mother (Earthbound)
  • Bayonetta
  • Kid Icarus
  • Ice Climbers
  • and is on par with Pikmin.

Seriously, who else?

Last edited:

roydgriffin

Smash Rookie
I keep thinking on it and the line about pleasing the fans gives me the most hope, if only for how much Golden Sun came up in the circumstances surrounding the launch of Ultimate:

• Sprout item
  • Grinch leak

God, there was so much.
There was so much in fact that I was 99% certain it would be his time now.
The only thing that made me start doubting again was when vergeben outright said "Isaac is an assist trophy" in a literally last second leak before we saw the full starting roster officialy revealed on the same day...

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Advance Wars representation would be my number 2 pick, but the fan support is less than Golden Sun. I can't get rid of the idea of Sami as a Snake echo fighter with her B moves changed to use the GBA sprites.

The sad thing is the entire franchise only sold MAYBE 1.5 mil worldwide across four games, and as much as I put hundreds probably even thousands of hours into it (and S ranked all of Wargroove!), those sales were atrocious outside of the US and Europe. It very much is a North American franchise. I'm talking like 5000 units in Japan. I'd be surprised if anyone knew of it there, aside from gaming historians and Intelligent System fanatics (of which Sakurai is both, ofc). So you'd be going for that token "Western" pick, which a lot of people feel Ridley and Banjo already were.

So sad they removed the assist trophy for Ultimate too.

• Sprout item
  • Grinch leak

God, there was so much. And every single bit had to reach Sakurai in some way. We know his heart breaks when he disappoints people. I can't imagine a DLC fighter that would please the fans more. If both Geno (as Square is willing to play ball) and Isaac aren't in this next batch of fighters... then that line seems like a big lie.

Here's a better question: Is there a better selling Nintendo franchise that doesn't have a playable character in Smash?

• I mean Brain Age, Excitebike and Nintendogs, sure. Those are kind of hard to have a playable character for obvious reasons. Though idk after Duck Hunt.
  • Arms is in the ballpark to what GS sold. Jury's out on whether that is a franchise that will stick, though.
  • Xenoblade is already represented with Shulk and we know Sakurai wanted to add Rex and Pyra. XC2 itself didn't outsell GS.
  • Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, Eternal Darkness, Custom Robo, Fossil Fighters all didn't sell as well.

To put it in perspective, Golden Sun is a more successful franchise, even with 3 games and 10 years dead now, than

• Mother (Earthbound)
  • Bayonetta
  • Kid Icarus
  • Ice Climbers

Seriously, who else?
We're better selling, yet here we are. The biggest difference is that GS is a western IP, and only one of those (Banjo & Kazooie) has a playable character. Also, I want to put in a word for Rhythm Heaven, who's probably the next biggest Nintendo IP without playable representation. They are just as worthy of being in as we are (whether it be the chorus men or karate Joe).

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
We're better selling, yet here we are. The biggest difference is that GS is a western IP, and only one of those (Banjo & Kazooie) has a playable character. Also, I want to put in a word for Rhythm Heaven, who's probably the next biggest Nintendo IP without playable representation. They are just as worthy of being in as we are (whether it be the chorus men or karate Joe).
Since when is Golden Sun a western IP? The series was made by Camelot which is a Japanese second party studio of Nintendo.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Since when is Golden Sun a western IP? The series was made by Camelot which is a Japanese second party studio of Nintendo.
They mean that it's more popular in the west than it is in japan.
Which, as true as it is, doesn't mean it isn't popular at all in japan. Just a few weeks back there was a trend with japanese artists about drawing Sheba with bicolor eyes, for the release of The Lost Age there was a special gold GBA that was *japan exclusive*. If it didn't seel at least a bit there, they wouldn't have bothered.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has explicitly said that K Rool and Ridley were also chosen to please westerner fans, so there is that and the fact that Isaac's rights actually belong to them, opposite to Banjo and Kazooie, so it should be easier, if they wanted to put him in. And I agree with Rhythm Heaven, I think it is the non playable franchise with more spirits in the game, followed by Golden Sun

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Golden Sun is definitely at the top. Second goes to Rhythm Heaven. They have more Spirits, but Golden Sun got more stuff:
•Assist Trophy
-Revamped with new moves
-Can be fought against
-The only returning AT (save for Gray Fox for obvious reasons)
•Mii Costume
•8 Spirits
-Isaac is in the final section of World of Light and one of the more difficult Spirit Battles to beat.
-Isaac (Dark Dawn) is one of the strongest Spirits
•An Isaac Online Profile Icon Pic
•2 ported music tracks
-The Lost Age Battle/Boss Remix from Brawl
-Dark Dawn Weyard rip from Smash 4

All that we’re missing is a Fighter, a Stage and new Music (plus more Spirits missing from Golden Sun). That’s very impressive! Compare it to the last games.

Brawl:
•Assist Trophy
•Trophy
•1 Music track
-The Lost Age Battle/Boss Remix

Smash 4:
•2 Music tracks
-The Lost Age Battle/Boss Remix from Brawl
-Dark Dawn Weyard rip

Yeah. That’s a huge improvement! They have to know the demand is there now!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The dream scenario for the extra DLC characters or Season Pass 2 is if the characters are Assist Trophies getting upgraded to playable characters. Krystal, Zero, Isaac, Skull Kid, and Bomberman is characters I would love to all see.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I was about to ask if anyone knows anything about Ridley's or K Tool's campaign? Perhaps things we could imitate from there to make our campaign more active?

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
  • Mother (Earthbound)
  • Bayonetta
  • Kid Icarus
  • Ice Climbers
Seriously, who else?
Regarding of which unrepresented franchises that sold more than Golden Sun:
The DS entry of Rhythm heaven sold 3 millions, so this title alone could have surpassed the sales of the three games. Although the other titles didn't hit the million, Rhtyhm Heaven franchise has probably sold more than GS.
There's also Style Savvy/Nintendo Boutique, which has sold 4 millions with its two games (we don't know the sales of the 3rd one).
And apart from the casual IPs like Wii series, Tomodatchi, Brain Age, etc, there is Wave Race (the n64 entry outsold the Golden Sun GBA entries), some NES games and Paper Mario as you said. And that's all for the moment, if I read correctly.

And some notes:
Kid Icarus has sold officially 3 milions if we add the first and the third games, GS 2.7m if we count the GBA ones. I guess it would depend of how much sold Dark Dawn and Myth and Monsters to see which franchise has sold more.
Xenoblade 2 has already passed Golden Sun (1.72m vs 1.65m).
And Pikmin has sold 3,97 millions, with 1 milion each entry. And we don't know if they included the wii "remasters" in the gamecube sales, if not (which is probably because Mario Power Tennis was listed two times as a separate title in the gamecube and wii section), it probably hit the 4 million.

I would put Gyromite (Rob) as less successful, it only sold 1 milion. Also, Fatal Fury (or well, any SNK franchise) didn't have a lot of sales, but their main revenue (in case of fatal fury) was from arcades, so...

By the way, I was about to ask if anyone knows anything about Ridley's or K Tool's campaign? Perhaps things we could imitate from there to make our campaign more active?
The only we lack is the attention of some big youtubers or some important guy in the industry who pushes for us, I think. Ridley and K. Rool have been supported from big youtubers, and, in case of KRool, even his creator. Yes, some competitive players or youtubers were disappointed when Isaac was shown as an AT, but sadly they weren't vocal of his inclusion, or they prefer other one above him.
As a community we already did everything we can. We made different accounts on Twitter to group all the fans and give more attention to drawings and opinions of the series, we keep participating in the polls asking for a new entry of Golden Sun (or to put Isaac as a playable character in Smash)... Some people even sent letters to Nintendo asking for a new entry (like the K.Rool campaign). And also there're the initiatives of Golden Sunday, which the first one was acknowledged by some websites.
There was an initiative of drawing all the characters, like the fire emblem community, but Idk if it materialized or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom