• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac fans are funny to me. I could be wrong, but we are the most pessimistic yet hopeful (and pretty chill, most of the time) support group I've ever seen. And after 10+ years, look how far we've come now. We're still going strong regardless if/of the odds against us.
IF and IF, the Rathalos Tweet was not a reference to Golden Sun and Isaac doesn't get in, so what? Look at what it has done for us. It's got people talking about Golden Sun again after 8 years and brought out new fans/supporters AND it has brought old ones out of the shadows. So, instead of sulking and the like, let's actually use this to our advantage and finally push out to everyone WHY Isaac needs to be in Smash and WHY Golden Sun is amazing and how it needs to come back. This is a grand opportunity that has been given to use. Why not use it? The Ridley and K. Rool fans have pushed extremely hard to get their characters in and they finally succeeded. It is now our turn to "LET OUT A HOWL" my fellow Adepts! It's always darkest before the dawn, so don't give up!
King K. Rool's supporters were very pessimistic as well despite everyone else (with few exceptions) saying "he's totally in guys!"

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Red said we're not making enough noise and that we're too chill. Riddle's and Rool's bases were loud, like real loud. he'll get passed up again if we don't speak up
I can somewhat agree, although I feel that we have been more vocal as of late ever since the Rathalos tweet.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool's supporters were very pessimistic as well despite everyone else (with few exceptions) saying "he's totally in guys!"
This. A lot of fans in the King K. Rool fanbase were riding on the hype train until he was announced as a mii fighter costume in smash 4. The hype died down a lot afterwards. When Bayonetta was announced as the ballot winner, I would remember lots of casual fans calling choices like King K Rool, Banjo, or Isaac as being very irrelevant. The direct back in August showed otherwise to them. Ironically, more people are trying to shoot down Isaac with that same train of logic in parts of gamefaqs and even youtube videos as well. We just have to wait and see. Even if he's not in base, he still has a shot as a dlc fighter.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
This. A lot of fans in the King K. Rool fanbase were riding on the hype train until he was announced as a mii fighter costume in smash 4. The hype died down a lot afterwards. When Bayonetta was announced as the ballot winner, I would remember lots of casual fans calling choices like King K Rool Isaac as being very irrelevant. The direct back in August showed otherwise to them. Ironically, more people are trying to shoot down Isaac with that same train of logic in parts of gamefaqs and even youtube videos as well. We just have to wait and see. Even if he's not in base, he still has a shot as a dlc fighter.
if he's not passed up for all the newbies that is

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
if he's not passed up for all the newbies that is
Touché, but hopefully we as a fanbase are so vocal about it to the point that he very much ends up as a dlc choice without us having to worry about that happening. :p

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Just a quick question for everyone.

What actually makes you want Isaac as a playable character so badly? I mean like I know you like Golden Sun and would like another game but lets play imagination and say we already got a Golden Sun game - would you still vote for him? I personally would.
He has pretty much everything you could from a new Smash character.

He has a huge pool of powers that offer countless potential play styles. Plant manipulation, rock manipulation, earthquakes, curses, healing magic, ragnorok, move, retreat, djinn unleashes, djinn summons. Not to mention, the ability to learn powers from every other element. It’s quite unfair, honestly.

He also adds another completely new series to Smash. A Nintendo series, I may add. Which is what Smash is all about. A crossover of Nintendo’s greatest.

Additionally, and most importantly, he has been a highly requested character since Brawl, and despite his series declining in relevancy, his popularity only grows as more and more people discover the character and his series. He has such a resilient, and patient fanbase. And that fanbase has shown no signs of decline, whatsoever. Like Ridley and King K. Rool, his fanbase has proven time and time again that they are there, and that they don’t plan on going anywhere. We have been waiting for years, and while characters like Ray and Andy and Saki, who used to be in very similar positions, have all fallen by the wayside, Isaac remains a huge request after all these years. At this point, he has proven himself, and I can confidently say that when it comes to Nintendo characters who simply deserve to be in Smash...he is currently number one.

And I’ll be honest, I’m probably not as big of a Golden Sun fan as most of you all. Hell, I’m probably a bigger Custom Robo fan than a Golden Sun fan...But I still want Isaac in Smash more than any other character, by far. A lot of that is because of his sheer moveset potential, because I mean, like, come on. He’s perfect for Smash. But at the same time, Ray has a **** ton of moveset potential, too. But what really pushes him over the edge for me, is the sheer passion of his fanbase. It’s infectious. You all have been working so hard, and waiting so patiently. Maybe I’m a little bias, but his fanbase deserves it more than any other character. Without a doubt.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Damn straight! I didn't mentally believe it until a month or so after his reveal... Still in heaven. I will not believe my eyes if Isaac does not make it in this game some way...some how.. The amount of move-set potential Isaac brings is simply staggering by itself.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.

I'll start

1) Golden Sun ( I count GS 1/2 as one game, with the whole they were planned to be one game and the password link system)
2) Majora's Mask
3) Megaman Zero (I looooooooved 2 and 3, 4 is okay but I just love the first one for it's feel and difficulty)
4) Pokemon Crystal
5) Animal Crossing GC (NL is amazing, I loved it, but I have more memories with the GC one)
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
8) Fire Emblem 6 (Roy is the best Lord, IDC what you say, he is 15, 15 that is why he is weak, he is a child. Plus unlike Corrin he is not a **** up and a disgrace to FE
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

It's so hard to pick a top 10. I love so many games. I did one per series because of Zelda. I would have had like 4 of em up there.

So as you can tell, I am a Nintendo boy. Love my Snes games but I really love my handheld games.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I can just say that I will keep supporting Isaac and will believe he will make it in. I just know he can and we as a fandom can do this together!

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Damn straight! I didn't mentally believe it until a month or so after his reveal... Still in heaven. I will not believe my eyes if Isaac does not make it in this game some way...some how..
While I obviously cannot speak for all the Ridley supporters, I did not expect Ridley at all. After the reveal, I felt numb for hours (complete shock). For that reason, I say it is just fine for supporters to be pessimistic every now and then. Also, staying hyped for months can be tiring.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.

I'll start

1) Golden Sun ( I count GS 1/2 as one game, with the whole they were planned to be one game and the password link system)
2) Majora's Mask
3) Megaman Zero (I looooooooved 2 and 3, 4 is okay but I just love the first one for it's feel and difficulty)
4) Pokemon Crystal
5) Animal Crossing GC (NL is amazing, I loved it, but I have more memories with the GC one)
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
8) Fire Emblem 6 (Roy is the best Lord, IDC what you say, he is 15, 15 that is why he is weak, he is a child. Plus unlike Corrin he is not a **** up and a disgrace to FE
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

It's so hard to pick a top 10. I love so many games. I did one per series because of Zelda. I would have had like 4 of em up there.

So as you can tell, I am a Nintendo boy. Love my Snes games but I really love my handheld games.
1 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
2 - Shadow of the Colossus
3 - Majora's Mask
4 - Golden Sun
5 - Spyro: Year of the Dragon
6 - Bloodborne
7 - Hollow Knight
8 - Danganronpa V3
9 - Pokemon Black/White
10 - Minecraft

(Tried to keep my picks to one per franchise for variety - Though I had two Pokemon reps, one for main series, one for spin-offs. If I made this list with multiple franchise entries, Link's Awakening would probably boot Spyro out of the Top 5).

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I can somewhat agree, although I feel that we have been more vocal as of late ever since the Rathalos tweet.
Rathalos tweet is mvp, no questions about it. It's like a Cinderella story. Before tweet, leaks with Isaac on it were instantly laughed at and deemed fake, his chances were rated like 20%, no one talked about him as a much as Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo etc.

After tweet, Reddit posts with Isaac blow up, notable figures in the Smash scene (like Zero with tons of followers) were talking about him, he was part of a fake render leak, said fake render was then covered by youtubers, one of which was Etika who actually talked fondly of it (who'd have thought, also he has tons of subscribers so more promo for Isaac).

I'm pretty sure all of this accumulated into Golden Sun trending with the trademark renewal. How else does a supposedly dead niche, so called irrelevant series manage to trend without any organized effort? There was lots of, 'OMG It's happening!' going around. Beauty of the Rathalos tweet, even if it wasn't meant to be a reference to Golden Sun, tons of people took it to be anyways.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

1. Spyro the Dragon
2. MediEvil
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Pokemon Gold
5. Persona 5
6. Golden Sun + The Lost Age
7. Yakuza 6
8. Ratchet and Clank
9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
1 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
2 - Shadow of the Colossus
3 - Majora's Mask
4 - Golden Sun
5 - Spyro: Year of the Dragon
6 - Bloodborne
7 - Hollow Knight
8 - Danganronpa V3
9 - Pokemon Black/White
10 - Minecraft

(Tried to keep my picks to one per franchise for variety - Though I had two Pokemon reps, one for main series, one for spin-offs. If I made this list with multiple franchise entries, Link's Awakening would probably boot Spyro out of the Top 5).
1. Golden Sun

Golden Sun came at a time when I really needed it. It maybe hasn't held up to time and increased scrutiny, but I still love it for everything that it is. I can wax poetic all day about it, but suffice to say that to this day I still find myself randomly humming music from the series. The only other game to have that distinction is Pokemon Red and Blue. That being a decent enough segue into number 2.

2. Pokemon Core Games

Yeah, this one's a bit of a cop out, but to me the Core games are all taken as one constantly evolving whole. The monster collection and growth always speaks to me and I always enjoy my first few romps through a new region.

3. Final Fantasy X

Admittedly my first Final Fantasy game, because of it, I've since gone back and played every single one aside from 5, 6, and 9. The combat and characters were fun and the sideuests seemed a lot less tedious when I was much younger. (Screw the Thunder Plains)

4. Spider-Man 2/ Marvel's Spider-Man (2018)

Another bit of a cop out, but given Insomniac's amazing work is a spiritual successor to Spider-Man 2 on the GCN and PS2, I'll call it close enough. Just the visceral feeling of swinging through New York while solving small scale crimes just like the real Spidey was and still is an amazing feeling.

5. Spyro the Dragon

This refers specifically to the first, though the second and third are objectively better. The first just has a special place in my heart. While certainly not my first foray into gaming or the one that impacted me the most, it along with Dragonite are what inspired my current love of dragons.

6. Legend of Dragoon (My namesake)

7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops Zombies

8. Tales of Symphonia

9. Persona 5

10. Destiny

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

1. Nier Automata
2. Sonic Adventure 2
3. Spider-Man (PS4)
4. Freedom Planet (And from what little I played of the sequel, its already better than this. So just assume 2 replaces it when it comes out.)
5. Sonic Mania
6. BlazBlue Central Fiction
7. BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle
8. Dragon Ball FighterZ
9. Splatoon 2
10. Minecraft / Animal Crossing (this was too hard to choose between lol.)

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Bad http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/2...w-down/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

I am a Nintendo fanboy too.
1) Super Mario Galaxy (best game ever)
2) Pikmin 2 (I love Pikmin so much)
3) Golden Sun and GS TLA
4) Bomberman 5
5) Smash Bros. 64 ()
6) TLoZ: Minish Cap
7) Warcraft III (Arthas you ****)
8) Dota 2 (I have 5000 hours of this **** on Steam, no jk)
9) Bomberman Fantasy Race (underrated gem on PS1)
10) Crash Bash (better than any Mario Party, fight me)

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

Top 10? Jeez, that's a hard list. The order might be messed up the further down we go, but let's start.

10) Fire Emblem Awakening
9) Breath of Fire 2
8) Final Fantasy 4 DS
7) Dragon Warrior 4
6) Final Fantasy 9
5) Mega Man X
4) Valkyrie Profile
3) Golden Sun (TBS>DD>TLA)
2) Final Fantasy 6
1) Chrono Trigger

Sorry, I had to specify with Golden Sun. I know this is an act of war, but I really did not enjoy The Lost Age that much. The Eastern Sea was absolute cancer as far as I am concerned, and that was over half of the damn game.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Rathalos tweet is mvp, no questions about it. It's like a Cinderella story. Before tweet, leaks with Isaac on it were instantly laughed at and deemed fake, his chances were rated like 20%, no one talked about him as a much as Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo etc.

After tweet, Reddit posts with Isaac blow up, notable figures in the Smash scene (like Zero with tons of followers) were talking about him, he was part of a fake render leak, said fake render was then covered by youtubers, one of which was Etika who actually talked fondly of it (who'd have thought, also he has tons of subscribers so more promo for Isaac).

I'm pretty sure all of this accumulated into Golden Sun trending with the trademark renewal. How else does a supposedly dead niche, so called irrelevant series manage to trend without any organized effort? There was lots of, 'OMG It's happening!' going around. Beauty of the Rathalos tweet, even if it wasn't meant to be a reference to Golden Sun, tons of people took it to be anyways.
I agree. The fact that Golden Sun was trending in twitter is a great sign at that. Not to mention a widely known smash player like Zero showed his support too. Hell even Alpharad also endorsed the idea of Isaac getting in via an old tweet not too long ago.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Isaac fans are funny to me. I could be wrong, but we are the most pessimistic yet hopeful (and pretty chill, most of the time) support group I've ever seen. And after 10+ years, look how far we've come now. We're still going strong regardless if/of the odds against us.
IF and IF, the Rathalos Tweet was not a reference to Golden Sun and Isaac doesn't get in, so what? Look at what it has done for us. It's got people talking about Golden Sun again after 8 years and brought out new fans/supporters AND it has brought old ones out of the shadows. So, instead of sulking and the like, let's actually use this to our advantage and finally push out to everyone WHY Isaac needs to be in Smash and WHY Golden Sun is amazing and how it needs to come back. This is a grand opportunity that has been given to use. Why not use it? The Ridley and K. Rool fans have pushed extremely hard to get their characters in and they finally succeeded. It is now our turn to "LET OUT A HOWL" my fellow Adepts! It's always darkest before the dawn, so don't give up!
I was one of those silent ones who rooted for Isaac, voted in the ballot, then finally found this place at some point. The tweet woke a hornet's nest.

I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

Ok uhh let's see... I don't really have an order here.
1. Windwaker
2. Wario Land 3
3. Slime Rancher
4. We <3 Katamari
5. .hack//G.U.
6. Chibi-Robo
7. PMD Explorer's of Sky
8. Zelda Four Swords Adventures
9. Panel De Pon
10. Kirby's Air Ride

-

I will say this. If Steve of all things gets in, but classic Nintendo franchises who deserve to finally get in after being passed over for so long are still left in the cold, I will be very disappointed.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

Top 10? Will have to think about that for a sec.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

1. Paper Mario TTYD
2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (despite the fact that they're both dozens of hours long individually, I'm going to cheat and count both First Chapter and Second Chapter as one game, since their stories basically can't stand without the other)
3. Pokemon Silver/SoulSilver
4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Chibi-Robo!
6. Animal Crossing (GCN -- I love the whole series, but this one's dearest to my heart)
7. Earthbound
8. Rhythm Heaven (DS -- similar situation to Animal Crossing)
9. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (moreso as a proxy for the series, again)
10. Tales of Symphonia

(Sorry GS isn't in there -- I love it, but there are just too many games too dear to my heart)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

Man this is really tough for me because I love way more than these 10 but here's how I think it goes for me:
1) Metroid (the entire franchise...but if I absolutely have to choose one it's fusion)
2) Chrono Trigger
3) Mother 3
4) Golden Sun 1-2
5) SMRPG
6) Megaman battle network 2
7) Zelda BotW
8) Shovel knight
9) Megaman X
10) FF9

I need at least a top 25 list to accurately represent my absolute favorite games :p

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I am curious...
It’s tough for me to rank past the top 2 because the first two are my S+ tier. Those would be Final Fantasy X and Fallout 3. The edge would go to FFX, but it fluctuates sometimes.

After that if I go one entry per series my top 10 would include Golden Sun: TLA, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, LoZ: Wind Waker, The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, Burnout 3, Red Dead Redemption, and Smash 4.

It’s tough to choose between Smash 4 and Melee for me because of nostalgia. Melee is/was my go-to game for playing with my brother while growing up, but Smash 4’s roster and gameplay is just superb.

GS: TLA, AW: DS, Smash 4, and The Last of Us are probably my next tier under FFX and Fallout 3.

ZelDan

Smash Master
  1. Chrono Trigger
  2. Majora's Mask
  3. Super Smash Bros Melee
  4. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
  5. Shovel Knight
  6. Halo Reach
  7. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
  8. Final Fantasy VII
  9. Bayonetta 1
  10. Yoshi's Island
Kept it to one game per series.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

1)Kirby Nightmare In Dreamland
2)Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
3)GTA 3
4)Halo 1/3
5)Shantae Half-Genie Hero
6)Dragon Quest 5
7)Final Fantasy 6
8)Cave Story
9)Etrian Odyssey 5
10)Chrono Trigger
Honorable mention
11)Pokemon HeartGold

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

Wow, I don't know if I can do that! Here's a shot at it:

10. Mario Party 4
My first Mario Party was 9, so when I got the chance to play a classic with my friends, I loved it.
9. Splatoon 2
This is a more recent one, but I fell in love with the movement and shooting mechanics.
8. Shovel Knight
This is probably the best 2D platform ever made. It's fantastically made, and plays so, so well.
7. Mario Super Sluggers
Definitely for sentimental reasons, it's one of the only games my older sister will play, and we always have a blast.
6. Wind Waker HD
Wind Waker is currently my favorite Zelda, (as well as my first), and I love it dearly.
5. Pokemon White (2)
This could go to either the first or the second. Generation 5 was the best one so far, imo. The story and characters actually felt appealing.
4. Super Mario Galaxy (2)
This could also go either way. Simply amazing games, and I would call them the best games of all time if it weren't for another game on the list.
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
My favorite Mario Kart, and the only game (other than Splatoon) that I get online regularly. It's so much fun, and is easily the most balanced and fun Mario Kart.
2. Smash 4 (Wii U)
Smash is my favorite game series of all time, and this is the best entry so far. That having been said, this will be replaced with Ultimate when it comes out.
1. Super Mario Odyssey
This is the greatest game of all time. Period. The movement is perfect, all the locales are interesting, and the open-world format works to perfection. This is, to date, the only game I have marathoner (8 hours to beat the game on Oct. 28th), and my favorite game of all time.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

1.) .hack//Infection - .hack//Quarantine
2.) Sonic 3 & Knuckles
3.) Golden Sun 1 + 2
4.) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
5.) Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
6.) Radiata Stories
7.) .hack//G.U.
8.) Paper Mario & the Thousand Year Door
9.) Final Fantasy Tactics
10.) Pokemon Sapphire

...probably

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Hmm... if Isaac supporters aren't being 'loud enough', what is the best course of action? Certainly we don't want to become toxic and dismissive of others.

Instead of destructive, we need to be creative! More art! More memes! Construct Isaac's Smash Narrative.

How does he interact with the series? He's technically already been in it before, unlike the other popular picks. How does he feel about being kicked off the Assist Trophy roster? Does he hold a grudge that similar characters to himself like Roy got into the game? Does he have a hero in the Smash roster that he looks up to? Is he just REALLY determined to get in so he can fight dat dragon Rathalos?

Tell his story, get the word out! (but... y'know... don't be jerks about it like some of the other fanbases...)

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Top 10? Jeez, that's a hard list. The order might be messed up the further down we go, but let's start.

10) Fire Emblem Awakening
9) Breath of Fire 2
8) Final Fantasy 4 DS
7) Dragon Warrior 4
6) Final Fantasy 9
5) Mega Man X
4) Valkyrie Profile
3) Golden Sun (TBS>DD>TLA)
2) Final Fantasy 6
1) Chrono Trigger

Sorry, I had to specify with Golden Sun. I know this is an act of war, but I really did not enjoy The Lost Age that much. The Eastern Sea was absolute cancer as far as I am concerned, and that was over half of the damn game.
My top 10 will always be these bad none

1 super smash bros brawl: it was the game that came out at the right time for me back in the 6th grade. It may be the black sheep of the franchise and melee is better in competitive terms, but the sheer amount of hype and fun that the brawl days brought were unmatched for me as it gave me my favorite character Diddy Kong as a playable character. It was the game that cemented smash bros as my favorite game series of all time.
2 Star Wars battlefront 2004: this game was my big brother and I’s all time favorite shooter. We spent countless hours in split screen and the sheer scope of the battles in the Star Wars universe made it so fun as a kid. The sequel was even better and I played it so much I’m suprised my ps2 didn’t die out. Now if only I could praise the modern ones...
3 Ocarina of time: cliche? Yeah. Amazing game? HELL YEAH! This game took me through a journey I will never forget. I grew up playing this masterpiece and it was a big inspiration to me to be more adventurous and heroic just like link. I always replay this game and it never stops being enchanting.
4 Pokémon emerald version: I still can’t beat the battle frontier (has anyone?) but being my first true Pokemon adventure, I was forever drawn into the magic of the franchise ever since. It’s an amazing system of player communication and the depth to battling really made me appreciate it all the more.
5 jack and daxter: while I’m bummed out we still haven’t gotten a 4th entry, it was my first ever platformer game I ever beat at the age of 6 and it showed me what my Mario games were leading up to. Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie are tied for this slot as well.
6 marvel vs capcom 2: if I need another fighting game, I always go to this series. I’m a huge comic book fan in real life, so the idea of gaming icons and comic book heroes crossing over is still mind blowing for me. I may not be a big fan of where the series is going nowadays (I didn’t like 3’s roster cause they cut out my boy gambit and venom!!) but the sheer chaos that the 2nd entry gives solidifies it as an arcade classic for me. I’m glad I still got it on my ps3!!
7 halo 3/halo reach: these shooters dominated my high school years when I wasn’t playing brawl.
8 tales of symphonia: no lie my friend Trent and I back in Highschool started our first blind play through of the game back in 2013 and we finally beat it last year. He lived far away so whenever we got together, it became a energy drink fueled obsession as we dared to 100% complete it. It took 4 years, but we went through a journey like no other. The fun combat and memorable world and characters makes it my third ever favorite rpg.
9 Rayman 3: this was the game that introduced me to Rayman and it’s a fun wacky adventure. I played and beat it at the age of 8 and there never goes a day where I wait for Rayman 4. It’ll happen eventually.
10 sonic heroes: I know this game gets a mixed reception, but it’s still my favorite sonic game for personal reasons. I loved the 3 team play dynamic and the secret ending always got me excited.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's kind of in a tough spot with the final reveal, because no matter who it is, there's going to be more people disappointed that THEIR character didn't get in than people happy with whoever gets announced.

As for me, I'm already extremely satisfied with the roster, and the major thing I want is meaningful single player content. Sm4sh REALLY dropped the ball on that front. As someone who doesn't play much multiplayer, I got bored of it after a few months, while Brawl was able to keep me hooked for an entire year.

But as I've said before, I think people are really underestimating DLC for this game. It's coming, and there's going to be lots of it. Nintendo isn't going to just let this cash cow go. At the very least, ARMS characters and Rex/Pyra seem like locks, along with some 3rd party goodness like Banjo. If Isaac isn't in the base game, I can easily see him fitting in. Even if he wasn't originally planned for the roster, the response to the Rathalos tweet and the subsequent uptick in Golden Sun's visibility could have convinced Nintendo to put him in the pipeline.

But my base roster dream isn't quite dead yet.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Ooh, top tens... fun distraction!

1. Final Fantasy XIII- It's a controversial pick, but it came at the right time in my life and I've experienced some similar emotional struggles that it's cast has gone through. The game just means a lot to me on an emotional level, though I could never argue for it being the best Final Fantasy.
  2. Kingdom Hearts II- A childhood favorite game that was only recently dethroned. I adore it, but I don't connect on a personal level as much as I do to my number one.
  3. [INSERT MODERN POKEMON GAME]- It's currently Alpha Sapphire. Pokemon is my favorite series and has meant the most to me, but I find it hard to pick a favorite, because once something new comes up, I want to acknowledge its progress, but not clog my list with Pokemon entries. SM were gorgeous, but their slow start made replaying them a slog, while ORAS had so much heart. For the curious, my past favorites progressed like this: Red -> Silver -> Sapphire -> Emerald -> Pearl (longest holder since I loved the online features) -> X -> ORAS
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles- It had a moving story, lovable characters, and an amazing world.
  5. [INSERT RECENT SMASH BROS GAME]- Same generic answer as Pokemon. I bond with my brothers over it a ton, but I always enjoy the newest entry the most.
  6. Final Fantasy XIV- My first and only MMO. I adore the gameplay, lore, world, and my ability to bond with my brothers in it.
  7. Fire Emblem: Awakening- My first Fire Emblem obsession (I played Shadow Dragon though). I just love the characters.
  8. Kid Icarus: Uprising- One of the most charming games I've ever played- it completely rewrote my expectations for Nintendo humor and voice acting.
  9. Kingdom Hearts- It's a childhood classic that is hard to dethrone. I play it less than some others lower on the list because it's aged a little cluckily, but I can't deny my love for it.
  10. Xenoblade Chronicles X... or Xenoblade Chronicles 2...- I love XCX for its philosophical take as its story and its world, but I've been in love with XC2 lately as well. I think I'd have still said XCX if it hadn't been for the Torna expansion- the story hooked me and messed with my emotions in ways few other games have. Still, I think recency bias is favoring XC2 here...
Runner ups- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time (this one oh so narrowly missed the list... I adore it), Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Dissidia 012, Dragon Quest VIII, Bravely Default, Super Mario Galaxy, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Edit- Added boldface for visibility and forgot Bravely Default.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

1: Metroid Prime
2: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3: Fire Emblem Awakening
4: Xenoblade Chronicles 1
5: Final Fantasy VII
6: Super Mario Odyssey
7: Team Fortress 2
8: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
9: The Wonderful 101
10: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations, but Spirit of Justice is also close contender.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Hmm... if Isaac supporters aren't being 'loud enough', what is the best course of action? Certainly we don't want to become toxic and dismissive of others.

Instead of destructive, we need to be creative! More art! More memes! Construct Isaac's Smash Narrative.

How does he interact with the series? He's technically already been in it before, unlike the other popular picks. How does he feel about being kicked off the Assist Trophy roster? Does he hold a grudge that similar characters to himself like Roy got into the game? Does he have a hero in the Smash roster that he looks up to? Is he just REALLY determined to get in so he can fight dat dragon Rathalos?

Tell his story, get the word out! (but... y'know... don't be jerks about it like some of the other fanbases...)
i would if i was any good at drawing. :/

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Man, been lurking around all day on the boards, and it seems like everybody is talking about Steve getting in with niche characters being DLC. Did I miss something?

Top Bottom