• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
9) Power Rangers Snes
My man. That game is pure fire. The tournament fighter is really good too. Highly underrated games.

10. Kid Icarus Uprising - Man do I love Sakurai...this game is absolutely stunning. Pushes the 3DS to the max, and really satisfies my love for rail shooters, and a really good cast of characters. Not to mention truckloads of content that Sakurai always loves to stuff into his games.

Also number 10. (I couldn’t decide between these two) Fire Emblem Awakening - The first FE game to really draw me in. I know it’s super casual and super basic, and a lot of hardcore fans hate the pair up and marriage system. However, I actually love the marriage system and it kept me replaying the game for years after the release. Such a captivating game. The music, the combat, the characters.

9. Pokèmon Heart Gold - So I’m a weirdo who didn’t get into Pokémon until he was in middle school, when it wasn’t cool, and this was my introduction to the franchise. And I was hooked immediately. I love the characters, the lore, the sprite art, the soundtrack, everything. This is probably largely nostalgia talking, but there has not been a Pokémon game to draw me in nearly as much as this one.

8. Shovel Knight - Pure platforming goodness. It pretty much takes all my favorite things about games like Castlevania and Mega Man, while still having its own personality and charm that separates it from the crowd.

7. Grand Theft Auto V - I don’t play many games on consoles that aren’t Nintendo, but when I do you better believe that I’m about as basic as they come. This is what I want in a sandbox game. Really smooth gameplay and controls, and tons of freedom. And a highly entertaining story to boot. So much fun, and very replayable.

6. Splatoon 1 & 2 - Leave it to Nintendo to get me into online shooters lol. Can’t decide which one I like more. I definitely put a lot more time into the first Splatoon, but Splatoon 2 also has a damn good single player experience with the DLC.

5. Super Mario World - My classic Mario game of choice. So much personality in the levels, it makes every play through of the game a treat.

4. Mortal Kombat (2011) - After Smash Bros., Mortal Kombat is my other highly beloved fighting game franchise. Mortal Kombat II and Trilogy were favorites of mine as a kid. And despite them being highly shunned my the MK fanbase, I actually love Deception and Armageddon as well. However, MK9 was a huge game for me, and the game that finally convinced me to set my Wii aside, and buy a 360. As far as traditional fighters go, this one is my absolute favorite. Combos are satisfying, the characters are super interesting, the story is surprisingly enthralling, and the fatalities are rad as hell.

3. Skyrim - Played the **** out of this bad boy. And once I think I’ve exhausted my time with it...I buy it again on the Switch only to put in dozens of more hours into a game I’ve already played through multiple times. And no regrets. I love everything about it.

2. Super Mario Odyssey - I had to have a second spot for the Mario series. Normally Super Mario Sunshine would go here, but man did Odyssey blow me away. Everything from the presentation, to the crazy tight controls. It’s damn near perfect. I hardly know what could make it more perfect. I know it’s a bit bold to put it up this high as it hasn’t had much time to really sink in, but I’m confident that it’ll be a classic for me in years to come.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee - I only wanted to put one Smash game, and while I may play Smash Wii U more nowadays, I still have such a connection to Melee. I’m not even a highly competitive smasher, and when I do play competitively, it’s Smash 4. But I can’t help but call Melee my favorite. It has some of my favorite music from the series, has some of the funnest stages that really hit the balance of simple and over the top, and was by far the biggest step forward in the series. I’m in love with this game.

All in all, I’m a platforming guy above all else. Choosing only two Mario games was super hard for me, and if I had multiple games per series...There’s a good chance that the Mario series could’ve taken up a good half of this list lol. Also, I was actually really close to putting Golden Sun on here. The more I think about it, it’s probably in my top 15 but I don’t think it quite cracks my top 10 for me personally.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Man, been lurking around all day on the boards, and it seems like everybody is talking about Steve getting in with niche characters being DLC. Did I miss something?
Looks like someone posted a Twitter user's 'prediction' of the supposedly last four characters, if the Leak Speculation Thread's anything to go by, claiming Incineroar, Ken, Shadow and Freakin' Steve.

Personally I only buy the idea of three of those four characters actually happening and want to see. No surprise which of those four I don't want at all.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Just to play devil's advocate, what's with all the hate for Steve?

The series already jumped the shark with Cloud and (especially imo) Bayonetta, so basically anyone can join at this point (except for Goku lol). Minecraft is a global phenomenon that would make the younger portion of the audience really excited, and it would open the door to further collaborations with Microsoft such as Banjo Kazooie (for all we know, Steve was the pre-req Microsoft asked for in exchange for Banjo's inclusion).

As someone who has never played Minecraft, I see it as a pure win-win for Nintendo, Microsoft, and gamers in general. All this irrational hate for Steve just seems like immature gatekeeping because "muh serious cartoon fighting game with SERIOUS contenders like 7 Marths and Pichu." I don't even subscribe to the argument that Steve is likely because I distrust all leakers until the evidence is overwhelming like with the Ken screenshot, but if Steve got in I would just go with it and be happy for all the Minecraft fans.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
It's really hard for me to come whit an order of my favorite game, so I won't rank them.

Kid Icarus Uprising
Team Fortress 2
Tales of the Abyss (Awesome game, the main character is an idiot at first, but is character developpement makes the game so good)
Pokemon Leaf Green/ Fire Red
Dark Souls
Fire Emblem Awakening (Gameplay is not great, good casual game, but god I do love this game so much).
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Europa Universalis IV

StormC

Smash Hero
He could mean a different character's trailer

Not every trailer is complex. Duck Hunt's for example. Or Clouds. Its just gameplay.
At least Duck Hunt's showed other Smash characters. Cloud's can be forgiven because of being DLC, though as a Cloud fan I was ecstatic watching it.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.

I'll start

1) Golden Sun ( I count GS 1/2 as one game, with the whole they were planned to be one game and the password link system)
2) Majora's Mask
3) Megaman Zero (I looooooooved 2 and 3, 4 is okay but I just love the first one for it's feel and difficulty)
4) Pokemon Crystal
5) Animal Crossing GC (NL is amazing, I loved it, but I have more memories with the GC one)
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
8) Fire Emblem 6 (Roy is the best Lord, IDC what you say, he is 15, 15 that is why he is weak, he is a child. Plus unlike Corrin he is not a **** up and a disgrace to FE
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

It's so hard to pick a top 10. I love so many games. I did one per series because of Zelda. I would have had like 4 of em up there.

So as you can tell, I am a Nintendo boy. Love my Snes games but I really love my handheld games.
Well I'll have to think about 6-10 but here it goes...

1. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Suikoden V
4. Fire Emblem Awakening
5. Golden Sun 1 & 2
6. Super Smash Bros. (Most recently released)
7. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1 & 2 (Just to save space on this list)
8. Kingdom Hearts 2 (May be replaced by 3)
9. Final Fantasy 5
10. Breath of Fire 2

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
9) Power Rangers Snes
I think this was my first video game! I don't remember it well, but I made my mom play it with me! I loved Power Rangers as a kid and even got to name my brother after one of them (my parents thought letting me pick the name was cute)!
1 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky
That game is so good... the ending is one of the only games to make me cry. I love how much love it's been getting here.
3. Final Fantasy X
Admittedly my first Final Fantasy game, because of it, I've since gone back and played every single one aside from 5, 6, and 9. The combat and characters were fun and the sideuests seemed a lot less tedious when I was much younger. (Screw the Thunder Plains)
My first is my favorite too- most people seem to say that. That said, X is probably my third favorite main series one (after my first, XIII, and the MMO I play a ton, XIV). Yuna is amazing.
1) Super Mario Galaxy (best game ever)
I suck at platformers, but I adored Galaxy for some reason. Probably the music...
My man. That game is pure fire. The tournament fighter is really good too. Highly underrated games.
See my above comment :D
7. Mario Super Sluggers
Definitely for sentimental reasons, it's one of the only games my older sister will play, and we always have a blast.
My family is full of baseball nuts, but I'm not one of them. That said, I adored playing Sluggers with them!

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

The series already jumped the shark with Cloud and (especially imo) Bayonetta, so basically anyone can join at this point (except for Goku lol). Minecraft is a global phenomenon that would make the younger portion of the audience really excited, and it would open the door to further collaborations with Microsoft such as Banjo Kazooie (for all we know, Steve was the pre-req Microsoft asked for in exchange for Banjo's inclusion).

As someone who has never played Minecraft, I see it as a pure win-win for Nintendo, Microsoft, and gamers in general. All this irrational hate for Steve just seems like immature gatekeeping because "muh serious cartoon fighting game with SERIOUS contenders like 7 Marths and Pichu." I don't even subscribe to the argument that Steve is likely because I distrust all leakers until the evidence is overwhelming like with the Ken screenshot, but if Steve got in I would just go with it and be happy for all the Minecraft fans.
Steve is not even a character... he is the base skin that everyone trow to the trash, or use to troll/ find beginner... no personality.
Peoples do LOVE Minecraft, but Steve is responsible for 0% of that love.
Nobody EVER cares about Steve, that's simple.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Hmm all right i guess the serious discussion is taking a bit of a backseat until the ten favorite games thing dies down. Maybe i’ll post my own list when i have a bit of time to think about it

StormC

Smash Hero
10. Super Smash Bros. Melee
9. Persona 4
8. The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask
7. Final Fantasy VII
6. Mega Man 2
5. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
4. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Pokemon Platinum
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
1. Metal Gear Solid

Pretty sure Smash Ultimate will worm its way onto this list somehow. If Banjo gets in, I'll have a game from each of my top 9 in Smash... except Persona 4.

There is nothing appealing about Steve as a character whatsoever unless you're a diehard Minecraft fan. He's very alienating. Comparatively, as someone who had never played Simon or Richter's games before their reveal, I loved their trailer and was instantly won over.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman

Basically gave my reasoning last post of mine, but it all comes down to there are a multiplicity of classic nintendo characters from different Nintendo franchises of GBA and earlier, that it seems like an insult to those who have been waiting for years for these retro characters to finally break the barrier of entry and make it in, to get shoved aside for a character that isn't even the main focus and interesting part of a game released in 2009~2011.

Like on one hand I can list Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno, Lip and Banjo-Kazoo. That's 5 right there immediately. That's not even all of the classic series' still waiting. Advance wars is another. Then there's probably some N64 series' that I don't know cause I missed that genre.

I'd just feel bad if they got shoved aside for a character that is "popular" or is used as pure advertising... again.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Honestly, yeah. I don't really want Steve, but I see why he makes sense, especially since he's cross-platform now. You said it when you said that Cloud was the series "jumping the shark." Cloud's the character that made me angry that I didn't vote for Sora on the Smash Ballot. Characters like Steve, Sora, Rayman, and, I don't know, Maxwell from Scribblenauts make more sense to me since their games have been cross-platform for a while now ever since Cloud was added.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Top 10 Games of All-Time? There's so many games I like that it's really tough for me decide which are my top 10, but here goes...

1. Earthbound
2. Super Smash Bros. (Probably Smash 4)
3. Borderlands 2
4. The Last of Us
5. Dishonored
6. Shovel Knight
7. Super Mario 64
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
9. Uncharted 2 or 4 (still can't decide which is my favorite)
10. Bioshock

This list makes me look like a terrible Nintendo fan, but if I could group it based on top 10 Nintendo games vs. top 10 non-Nintendo games, this would be a completely different ball game :p

jweb23

Smash Journeyman

I’ve said this before but this thread does move fast so I’ll share my opinion on Steve again.

Basically Steve is not the reason Minecraft is successful. It’s the world as well as being able to create whatever you want in it. Steve being playable doesn’t properly represent Minecraft.

I’m my opinion the best way to represent Minecraft (and yes I understand this idea would probably be a programming nightmare) would be to make Steve an assist trophy and when he is summoned he turns whatever stage you’re fighting on into a Minecraft version of itself. That would show what Minecraft is all about.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.

I'll start

1) Golden Sun ( I count GS 1/2 as one game, with the whole they were planned to be one game and the password link system)
2) Majora's Mask
3) Megaman Zero (I looooooooved 2 and 3, 4 is okay but I just love the first one for it's feel and difficulty)
4) Pokemon Crystal
5) Animal Crossing GC (NL is amazing, I loved it, but I have more memories with the GC one)
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
8) Fire Emblem 6 (Roy is the best Lord, IDC what you say, he is 15, 15 that is why he is weak, he is a child. Plus unlike Corrin he is not a **** up and a disgrace to FE
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

It's so hard to pick a top 10. I love so many games. I did one per series because of Zelda. I would have had like 4 of em up there.

So as you can tell, I am a Nintendo boy. Love my Snes games but I really love my handheld games.
Oh boy! These are usually fun and can get people to check out other games they haven't seen yet.

This one is also difficult to do so I'll be going by one game per series.

1) Jet Force Gemini (N64/XBONE)
2) Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64/3DS)
3) Golden Sun 1&2 (GBA)
4) Sonic 3 (Genesis)
5) The Magic of Scheherezade (NES)
6) Kingdom Hearts (PS2/PS4)
7) Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
8) Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
9) DOOM [2016] (XBONE/etc.)
10) Hollow Knight (Switch/PC)

I bet all of you have no clue what The Magic of Scheherezade is (And I'm going to shorten it to MoS to make it easier). And if any of you have played it, I will be shocked. This is the game that truly opened the door for me to Golden Sun. I even dare call MoS the unofficial predecessor to Golden Sun. At least for me. This game was ahead of its time. It combined elements of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Time Travel, Aladdin and much more! It even had a bank loan system. That's crazy! The story was simple yet complex enough to pull you in. The music was great! You can use spells/items that would even affect the past/future. You had so many different allies like a Geine, a Hawk, and a Robot from the freaking future. This game was amazing! It even was planned to have a sequel, but it never happened unfortunately. This game had me craving for more for a style like it. But I could never satisfy it...until Golden Sun came to my life. MoS is a fantastic game I would recommend to any RPG (and especially GS fans) to try. I still have the original cartrage on my NES. I just wish Nintendo would put it out on VC or the NOService at least.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma

I know you've gotten a couple responses already, but to reiterate, he's extremely polarizing. Personally I just dislike him on a pure aesthetic basis: he basically has to be presented as his normal blocky self, which doesn't blend in at all with the rest of the cast (excepting maybe G&W, but he's a very special case). Say what you will about Cloud and the like, but at least they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

As for favorite games ever, I've long struggled to make a solid list, never mind rank them, so I'll just give 10 games that are particularly important to me in alphabetical order, with the self-imposed rule of one per series:

- F-Zero GX
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Golden Sun
- Guild Wars 2
- League of Legends
- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- Mass Effect 3
- Persona 5
- Rock Band 3
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Even that leaves off a ton of games I love, but like I said, it's never been a solid list. Talk to me on another day and you could see the likes of Jet Set Radio Future, Project Gotham Racing 4, Anarchy Online, Phantom Dust, Mass Effect 2 over 3, Majora's Mask over Wind Waker, and who knows how many others.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I am curious...
1. Earthbound

It's hard to really to put into words how much I love Earthbound and Mother series as a whole. It's like a nostalgic feel I have for the game (Kinda like "The Peanuts"), not only that, but the game is colorful and has really great world setting. The battle system is kinda weird at first but once you start getting use to it, it becomes a blast (or should I say SMAAAASHING). I also wanna say the music is very unique having groovy, eerie or just peaceful ambient which gives the game a different flavor compare to other RPGs.

2. Golden Sun (Any)

It's a simple game that has complex battle mechanic, it's a pretty easy game to get into once you know the basics of it. The Djinn's mechanic is made for some fun replay value and having to decide which Psynergy best suits for the character. The music is incredibly good for a GBA game, I love listening to all bad*** battle themes in these games, and other themes I could easily sit down in get lost in how peaceful the track is. The Dark Dawn is not bad as everyone makes it out to be, I think it's pretty faithful to the first 2.

3. Chrono Cross
I had trouble deciding whether choose Chrono Trigger or this, they're both great games and I adore them both, but I gotta say, Chrono Cross was an amazing experience. The battle system is unique and pretty engaging, I haven't seen it been done on any other RPGs. The music in this one feels surreal and almost like I'm in a dream like state. The story is pretty interesting to read through, but it can be pretty confusing or maybe even hard to follow.

So these are the games I enjoyed a lot but I don't really have anything much to say about them.

Splatoon 1/2 - It's a fun and an addicting shooter.
Animal Crossing (Any)- Who could have thought that paying loans would be fun.
Super Smash Bros (Any) - I love how it's different it is compare to the other fighting games, it's also pretty addicting.
Super Mario (Any) - I love me some skillz parkour!
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask/Wind Waker - Best Zelda games in my opinion, I love them to death!
Mother 1 - It's a enjoyable experience, well.. for the most parts *cough* Mt. Itoi *cough*
Chrono Trigger - I love the characters so much, and the world setting is just beautiful.

(I never played Mother 3 so I can't really give my whole opinion on it, but I like the story of it)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

Never thought beyond the top 3, so here goes.

1. Earthbound
2. Mother 3
3. Ghost Trick

The rest of the list would probably be comprised of Earthbound Beginnings, Smash Brawl, Chrono Trigger, FFIX, Terranigma, Ace Attorney, and Zero Escape.

I don’t really believe in top tens, though, because there are so many amazing games out there (like, I wouldn’t even put BotW on my favorite games list, and that’s the best game ever made).

Hmm... if Isaac supporters aren't being 'loud enough', what is the best course of action? Certainly we don't want to become toxic and dismissive of others.

Instead of destructive, we need to be creative! More art! More memes! Construct Isaac's Smash Narrative.

How does he interact with the series? He's technically already been in it before, unlike the other popular picks. How does he feel about being kicked off the Assist Trophy roster? Does he hold a grudge that similar characters to himself like Roy got into the game? Does he have a hero in the Smash roster that he looks up to? Is he just REALLY determined to get in so he can fight dat dragon Rathalos?

Tell his story, get the word out! (but... y'know... don't be jerks about it like some of the other fanbases...)
We need the 50 Cent meme to spread.

He’ll be our ‘too big’.

Nobody who plays Smash wants Steve. Seriously. You go look at his thread, he has seven supporters and a bunch of people saying they wouldn’t mind him too much. Everyone who defends him does so not out of passion, but because it makes business sense. Hell, even kids nowadays care more about Fortnite than Minecraft, that’s how fickle Minecraft’s staying power is.

And by all means, Minecraft is a good game, absolutely innovative, and a piece of gaming history. But it hasn’t really left much of an emotional impact on people. It didn’t create gamers, who went on to play other games and remember Minecraft fondly. It just served as a source for YouTube entertainers, and amusement for kids and teens who simply moved on. Minecraft is to videogames what Avatar is to movies.

So Steve would really only be included for business reasons. Nintendo wanting to cater to a young demographic (that Minecraft and the Switch already caters to). Microsoft wanting to advertise Minecraft (despite the fact that Minecraft has clearly peaked, that Microsoft is and has always been hands-off with Minecraft development and advertising, and that they’re already chasing another fad in PUBG). Steve in Smash is a business decision that only makes sense on paper.

And really, the rejection towards Steve is because this is Smash Ultimate. For many characters, this is the only chance they have to make it in. So to see any character that people have been asking for, maybe even a first-party character that would require no monetary exchange, get shafted in favor of the most cynical, soulless, business choice possible, done to please no one but higher ups and an audience the game isn’t for... it just goes against the spirit of Smash in general, and Ultimate in particular.

Plus, and this is more personal to me, but the idea that Sakurai is a man that has no artistic ambition or vision towards his product, and that he just sees dollar signs when including a character, that’s just a blatant disrespect towards the man himself.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I’ve said this before but this thread does move fast so I’ll share my opinion on Steve again.

Basically Steve is not the reason Minecraft is successful. It’s the world as well as being able to create whatever you want in it. Steve being playable doesn’t properly represent Minecraft.
This exactly. Steve has jack to do with what Minecraft is. Steve isn't a character, he's just a default skin you can't even see. Minecraft is all about the world itself.

I’m my opinion the best way to represent Minecraft (and yes I understand this idea would probably be a programming nightmare) would be to make Steve an assist trophy and when he is summoned he turns whatever stage you’re fighting on into a Minecraft version of itself. That would show what Minecraft is all about.
Um... where on earth does this idea come from? Wouldn't Minecraft just being its own stage being the better course of action? You can even still include Steve as background elements constructing the world as you're playing on it. In fact I'd further argue that your idea would not at ALL show what Minecraft is all about. It doesn't do anything creative whatsoever.

A stage dedicated to Minecraft would do that.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
A song from a game featuring another Isaac...

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I would actually be disgusted if Minecraft Steve made it in. he's almost as bad as Goku, and that's REALLY saying something, considering my feelings on Goku making it into Smash and the fact that Steve is a video game character...

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I’m not even sure where to start with my top ten. I’m weird with playing games, I don’t switch between playing them. I play one game and that one game only until I beat it, then move onto the next.

10) As much I kinda don’t want to admit it nowadays, I think Minecraft deserves to be on here somewhere. I was obsessed with it for a while, and some of my favorite memories are playing it with my friends and cousins. My love for it hasn’t really held up, but its a good memory.

9) Call of Duty: Black Ops. Oh boy, my list is looking a little 8 year oldish so far, but I think this game is great. Memorable campaign, good multiplayer, and amazing zombies.

8) New Super Mario Bros. I gotta throw a bone to the very first game I really owned and played. I remember video games absolutely fascinating me at my friends house. They were like movies that you play! I begged my parents to get me one, didn’t specify, just said I want one. Sure enough, this is what I got and I can’t think of it being anything else. An extremely solid game even today, and is one of the more unique NSMB games.

7) Xenoblade Chronicles 2. While I had my qualms with its voice acting and character design, Rex being guilty for both of those, I really enjoyed my time with this one. It was one of those games where I didn’t really feel it for the first chapter, but after the ending of chapter 2 I couldn’t put it down. It had a lot of memorable moments. I know I really loved a game when I’m getting worried im getting close to the end, and when it eventually does end I’m kinda sad. All I can say is...THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?! DONT FORGET ME!

6) Splatoon I’m just going to speak for the entire series here. I’m not really that good at the multiplayer, but I do enjoy it. Now, what I really love is Salmon Run and the story mode, especially octo expansion. It’s hard to put into words, but it’s very fun. Well, not all of it is fun. A certain secret boss pushed me to my breaking point after weeks of attempts...

5) Persona 5. I just got this game on a whim for my birthday because my parents asked what I wanted and nothing else was really out at the time, so I went with it. Boy, do I not regret it. This game is such a goddamn trip that I could do it all over again...if a play through wasn’t about 100 hours lol. My second favourite RPG, second only to...

4) Golden Sun. Specifically the first one. I like the lost age too, but I find that I always enjoy my time with Golden Sun 1 better. I think it’s just a more tightly packed, easily digestible experience. Plus, Isaac>>>>>>>>Felix. The music, the battle system, it’s all great. It probably has my favorite gameplay of any rpg because it’s like 2d Zelda mixed with Final Fantasy and I love that. The dungeons are often super cool, and the puzzles actually require some thought to solve. Also, Golden Sun manages to avoid the main complaint I have with most rpgs. It doesn’t overstay it’s welcome. The game is just the perfect length.

3) Super Mario Maker. Does this count as game? I think it does. Probably my second most anticipated game of all time. I was so damn hyped for this game, i really wanted to make my own levels. Once I got my hands on it, I played it like crazy. I don’t really play it now, but time to time I look back on the levels I’ve made.

2) Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. This game. This. Game. I’ve never been this emotionally invested in a game before. Danganronpa was always one of those series I see people saying good things about, yet never really understood what it was. When I finally got around to playing it, I was hooked. It’s such a unique game, you can’t really find another game quite like it.

1) The Legend Of Zelda. I’m speaking for the whole series because I can’t really decide which one I like the most. I started with Ocarina Of Time 3D, and after that I wanted to play the rest of them. Breath of the Wild is the most hyped I’ve ever been for a video game. I remember pretty much running home from school the day it came out. That was the longest school day of my life. I played the everliving heck out of it. I have about 300 hours on it as of now. A really important series to me.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the replies RE: Steve being playable. I admit that it wouldn't bother me much personally but I can at least understand how some of you feel as strongly as you do. Even if he doesn't have a personality, that didn't really stop Villager or Wii Fit Trainer from getting in so I doubt it'll be much of a barrier for Sakurai, and we know he can make up a moveset for anyone.

I still think Steve and a Minecraft level wouldn't be any worse than Cloud and Bayonetta and they wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, but at least I feel more comfortable if people's arguments against it are that he isn't really representative of the franchise, rather than just the typical elitist gamer nonsense because they hate Minecraft and its "casual" fanbase. I saw a lot of that after Isabelle and it was really bad then too.

As for my top games, I would say they're constantly changing, but my top 4 at least have been relatively stable:

1. Super Mario World
2. Bloodborne
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I've been lurking for too long so I'll participate
Top 5 because I don't play a lot of games

5. Kirby Super Star Ultra
4. Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones
3. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Golden Sun
1. Golden Sun: the Lost Age

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I've said it before, but this thread goes by too fast. Steve would not represent Minecraft as a whole. A Minecraft stage (and/or level in single player) would be the better rep for it. Since we change our avatar(Steve) to our favorite skin(Character), why not instead have our favorite Smash character interact in the world of Minecraft? That's a much better way to do it.

Besides, if any Microsoft owned character should get into Smash, it should be Banjo&Kazooie hands down. And Phil Spencer was all for it back in 2015. Who's to say that he didn't get with Sakurai about it?

Edit/Add: Oooh! I just had a thought! Minecraft Mii Skins! Oh man, imagine the look on Verge and many other's faces when Steve was a Mii costume this whole time. Lol

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't hate steve i just don't see him getting first instead of Banjo as a Microsoft rep. That's all i will say. Banjo makes more sense as base roster than steve, steve works better as dlc since it would generate bigger sales due to its big community/fandom/whatever you want to call it. But personally i dont even think playable is really the best representation of minecraft you can get, but rather a stage or a creeper AT, since creeper and the world of the game are way more iconic than the freaking character you play as who is generic as hell and only swings whatever item you pick. Dunno, i just see AT and stage being more interesting than Steve. That's just me tho, and again Banjo Kazooie has more to offer as a playable character from Microsoft.

Anyways back to Isaac, lol.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before, but this thread goes by too fast. Steve would not represent Minecraft as a whole. A Minecraft stage (and/or level in single player) would be the better rep for it. Since we change our avatar(Steve) to our favorite skin(Character), why not instead have our favorite Smash character interact in the world of Minecraft? That's a much better way to do it.

Besides, if any Microsoft owned character should get into Smash, it should be Banjo&Kazooie hands down. And Phil Spencer was all for it back in 2015. Who's to say that he didn't get with Sakurai about it?
I'm with you there. I think the argument is that Steve would make it into the game IN ADDITION to a Minecraft level, not instead of. Having the character with no stage is just silly, although I can totally see a solo stage happening with no character.

As to Banjo & Kazooie, no argument from me there, but consider that Microsoft could have made Minecraft representation be a pre-condition to including Banjo-Kazooie, since this is a prime opportunity to promote one of their other franchises and Microsoft isn't running a charity for wayward 90's mascots. So if Steve gets in, Banjo is 100% a lock for DLC as far as I'm concerned.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
All this steve talk is making me really glad Isaac became the face of the series. If the face of the series wasn’t as clear, we might’ve not had such a strong push as we did, as we might’ve been victim to what I call the “Rhythm Heaven syndrome”, where the fan base can’t really unanimously decide on one character as they’re deemed equally important.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm with you there. I think the argument is that Steve would make it into the game IN ADDITION to a Minecraft level, not instead of. Having the character with no stage is just silly, although I can totally see a solo stage happening with no character.

As to Banjo & Kazooie, no argument from me there, but consider that Microsoft could have made Minecraft representation be a pre-condition to including Banjo-Kazooie, since this is a prime opportunity to promote one of their other franchises and Microsoft isn't running a charity for wayward 90's mascots. So if Steve gets in, Banjo is 100% a lock for DLC as far as I'm concerned.
I'll take underrepresnted bear and bird in base for 300.

Steve is literally the most predictable character you can put into smash. Q character that's is only in to push that money forward.

So Banjo gets passed for Steve in base, but instead as purchaseable DLC.

I...refuse to believe that Sakurai would do that.

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Would Isaac theoretically use his sword for his smash attacks or various Djinn instead?

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I'll take underrepresnted bear and bird in base for 300.
I'm all in on this. Isaac and Banjo are the only characters I care about, and I'm only "sticking up" for Steve because I think it seems like a very Microsoft move to hold our bear and bird hostage in exchange for some free Minecraft promotion.

Anyways, I'm really pleased with the traction that Isaac has gotten recently. It's pretty clear that his fanbase isn't going away any time soon, so we just need to continue being positive and being vocal and I'm convinced we'll get our boy.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Edit/Add: Oooh! I just had a thought! Minecraft Mii Skins! Oh man, imagine the look on Verge and many other's faces when Steve was a Mii costume this whole time. Lol
I’d actually suggested this before. A Diamond Sword and Armor skin still represents Minecraft better than Steve.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm all in on this. Isaac and Banjo are the only characters I care about, and I'm only "sticking up" for Steve because I think it seems like a very Microsoft move to hold our bear and bird hostage in exchange for some free Minecraft promotion.

Anyways, I'm really pleased with the traction that Isaac has gotten recently. It's pretty clear that his fanbase isn't going away any time soon, so we just need to continue being positive and being vocal and I'm convinced we'll get our boy.
if Microsoft is gonna be that much of a **** about it, Nintendo shouldn't really bother.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Would Isaac theoretically use his sword for his smash attacks or various Djinn instead?
Both are possible but I would rather have him use psynergy for his Smash attacks.

Up Smash - Gaia
Forward Smash - Force
Down Smash - Thorn

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Top 10 Games of All-Time? There's so many games I like that it's really tough for me decide which are my top 10, but here goes...

1. Earthbound
2. Super Smash Bros. (Probably Smash 4)
3. Borderlands 2
4. The Last of Us
5. Dishonored
6. Shovel Knight
7. Super Mario 64
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
9. Uncharted 2 or 4 (still can't decide which is my favorite)
10. Bioshock

This list makes me look like a terrible Nintendo fan, but if I could group it based on top 10 Nintendo games vs. top 10 non-Nintendo games, this would be a completely different ball game :p
Ooh I forgot about Dishonored. That’s up there for me, as well. Really fun, and super replayable game. Now that Bethesda and Nintendo are collaborating, I really hope the Switch can get a port of it, or maybe a collection of Dishonored 1 and 2. Because I would certainly be willing to purchase it again.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I am curious...

I'll start

2) Majora's Mask
4) Pokemon Crystal
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

Hooo boy, this is gonna be rough. My Top 10 probably changes a lot based on how nostalgic I am at any given moment, lol. Well, let me try it! I'll limit games to one per franchise.

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Undertale
3. Chrono Cross
4. Earthbound
5. Slap City
6. Project M
7. A Hat In Time
8. Metroid: Zero Mission
9. Kirby Super Star
10. Azure Striker Gunvolt

Honorable mentions to Minecraft, Portal 2, Evoland 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy X, Mega Man X, Golden Sun, and Cave Story. It was very rough not being able to include them in the list, lol.

Top Bottom