• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
I personally think the smart phone comment might've been to warn about mobile emulators and the like. Since the GBA was always one of the most emulated systems, Golden Sun might be amongst the few games that would be pirated the most. So it could be related to that.
I agree, but there is some doubt in my mind to it as well. It mostly involves, "If they were trying to cut down on emulation, why these 4 games specifically?" If they were, i would've assumed that other highly emulated games would've been trademarked in a similar fashion subsequently. That, and Rhythm Heaven was a DS game. Just something to think about.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hell, even Sm4sh, arguably the game in the series that most catered to relevancy, had some obscure picks.
If you calculate from the date the game released, Melee has the youngest newcomer roster. It included super new :sheikmelee::zeldamelee::ganondorfmelee::younglinkmelee:, relevant :pichumelee::mewtwomelee: and :roymelee: before his game was even out.

To comparison, Smash For added pretty old characters like :4bowserjr::4cloud::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4villager: and Koopalings. Even characters like :4wiifit: or :rosalina: wasn't relevant as Mewtwo and Ganondorf was back in 2001.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I still waiting for the hero who asks for Isaac to a famous leaker like Vergeben, to see if he listened something or not
Verge doesn't reply to fans from what I've seen. He just randomly shows up, quotes a post, and ****s off to somewhere

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Guys am I the only one that dreams about Isaac's confirmation in smash like at least every 2nd night?
PLS SAKURAI END MY SUFFERING!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
A page on it can be viewed here. Mention of smartphones is already an immediate difference as it's nowhere to be found in the 2017 renewal.
It could be the emulation thing. Golden Sun is the only series I can think of that would be heavily emulated on the GBA that doesn't have a playable character in Smash.

But the mobile thing suggests that maybe Nintendo is planning to have a GS character cameo in their new game, Dragalia Lost (or heck even Fire Emblem Heroes)

Another possibility is a GBA Classic or they release an emulator for phone.

A side from those it must be Smash or a new game, or that they plan on doing something with it so they don't want to get rid of it.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
It could be the emulation thing. Golden Sun is the only series I can think of that would be heavily emulated on the GBA that doesn't have a playable character in Smash.

But the mobile thing suggests that maybe Nintendo is planning to have a GS character cameo in their new game, Dragalia Lost (or heck even Fire Emblem Heroes)

A side from those it must be Smash or a new game, or that they plan on doing something with it so they don't want to get rid of it.
I can't see how they won't use Golden Sun for something at this point.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I could see Proxian appear in Dragalia Lost as event character, maybe as a promo for an upcoming golden sun remake or stuff, if it does happen.
As for cameos in FE:H I'm not sure, it doesn't fit in my head.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
i did twice he never responded.
Not all heroes can save the day, unfortunately. If Verge doesn't know Isaac is popular, it may explain why he hasn't looked into him. But that isn't the case. He once said that people underestimate Isaac and Golden Sun, so he knows he's popular.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I still waiting for the hero who asks for Isaac to a famous leaker like Vergeben, to see if he listened something or not
Now wait a minute, I'm pretty sure Vergeben did talk about Isaac, not about leaks but he linked to a video why Isaac is popular or something.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Now wait a minute, I'm pretty sure Vergeben did talk about Isaac, not about leaks but he linked to a video why Isaac is popular or something.
He linked a video from a youtuber called Casp. Casp's actually working on a video for The Lost Age.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
I think we should go away from the term "leaker" and say "guesser" because nobody of those have actual real information

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I think we should go away from the term "leaker" and say "guesser" because nobody of those have actual real information
Everyone is so fixed on Steve and Incineroar being in based on rumors and nothing more. Vergeben has said that he gets his info from someone else who also shares the same info with other leakers. How are any of us to know if this third party knows what they’re talking about?
It’s like how the Gematsu leaker knew some things but flubbed up on others, damaging his credibility.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
IIRC The only thing Verge has said regarding Isaac is a comment made toward detractors of Golden Sun, stating something along the lines of, if you don’t understand why people want a character like Isaac in Smash, this video can help you understand. And then linked a video to Casp’s Golden Sun video.

It wasn’t a statement on whether or not Isaac is in, however. So don’t take that as him saying Isaac is in.

If Verge has truly does have inside info then it’s likely either:

1. Isaac isn’t in the game.

2. His sources have not told him that Isaac is in the game.

3. He knows Isaac is in the game and is withholding the information by his sources request.

He’s stated that if his sources don’t want certain info out then he will withhold it.

That being said I don’t entirely have faith in Verge. Yes, he’s gotten a lot right. But when you take into account things he hasn’t leaked...

Leaked Simon, but not Richter, but doubled back saying he heard there was something about Richter but didn’t feel the need to mention it. Sure, ok... I just see this as him trying to not lose credibility. I may not wrong but didn’t he also mention a Castlevania collection? That apparently didn’t pan out. My theory is that this was before we realized that Ultimate wasn’t a billboard, so it made sense that Simon would come with a collection to bolster sales.

Didn’t leak K Rool. Apparently didn’t even know about K Rool.

Amongst other things. Not saying he’s never had info, but he’s losing ground as the days go by.

Says there will be a gen 7 like, but doesn’t elaborate until much later saying it’s Inciniroar that will be in the game. Maybe. But Inciniroar is too safe. It’s also not a Poke a whole lot of people like. It has its fans, sure, but more people like Decidueye. Doesn’t make any sense.

Says Steve might be in the game. I just don’t see it. I don’t WANT to see it. I’m perfectly fine with a Stage, but not a PC.

Won’t elaborate on what the SE rep is, just says there will be another one. A safe assumption if fab polls are anything to go by. Literally everyone is expecting Geno.

Coming from the person who practically leaked the entire E3 press, it’s all maybes from here on out. I’m sure he may get a trickle, but I don’t think he holds the gospel.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'll be posting this in the Geno thread later but I'm curious to you what you guys have to say. Although it technically hasn't been done yet, if Smash was to have its first ever dual new character reveal in a single trailer, who would you want to be revealed alongside Isaac? Also, if any, what veterans would you want involved? How about Link, Shulk, Cloud, and Isaac in the same trailer for MAXIMUM OVER-BLOND? Robin would be a really good character to pair with Isaac's reveal too.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I'll be posting this in the Geno thread later but I'm curious to you what you guys have to say. Although it technically hasn't been done yet, if Smash was to have its first ever dual new character reveal in a single trailer, who would you want to be revealed alongside Isaac? Also, if any, what veterans would you want involved? How about Link, Shulk, Cloud, and Isaac in the same trailer for MAXIMUM OVER-BLOND? Robin would be a really good character to pair with Isaac's reveal too.
Lucina and Robin?

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Isaac +

Waluigi for "Camelot Bros"

Lloyd Irving for "Anime Swordsman nonsense Bros"

Geno for "Characters of a forgotten game that has a really big place in people's hearts and they just want to see them being back in any way possible Bros"

---

As for veterans, I don't think I have any preference. As long as we get the trailer. heh

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I just get the feeling, Isaac (+Felix) might be the character/s he again doesn't know about just like with K Rool,Chrom etc.

But that aside, I don't know if you guys already discussed this one but:

Who do you think Isaac's English Voice Actor might be, if he finally makes it in?

I personally think Lucien Dodge might actually fit pretty good with his "Elliot Voice" from the Trails of Cold Steel Games.
You might also know him as Sin from Guilty Gear or Leon from Fire Emblem Echoes, but I think his Elliot Voice would fit perfectly to Isaac in english since in my imagionation Isaac has a softer teenage Voice which matches his appearance.
Also I think for Felix someone like David Vincent (who for example also gives his voice to Robin and Richter) would fit pretty good. Since it's a stronger and more confident voice.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
If Isaac is in SSBU and SSBU can interact with the Nintendo Online phone app maybe that's what the trademark is refering to?

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I've spent a couple hours trying to figure out this stuff but without a page to translate from I'm pretty much hosed. Unfamiliar with using Japan's trademark site to look things up that way so uh

send help

I do agree that it would be interesting if we can get the Wrecking Crew or Rhythm Heaven version. Since Golden Sun's trademark was refreshed in 2017 iirc I would assume that there's several differences.
If there aren't, that's even more shocking. I can't imagine Wrecking Crew needing trademark protection for mobile, so clearly something would be up

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

It could also deal with the Nintendo online app integration?

If he's a playable fighter, maybe you can check your fighter stats from your phone? Time played, highest score in classic, ect.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I agree, but there is some doubt in my mind to it as well. It mostly involves, "If they were trying to cut down on emulation, why these 4 games specifically?" If they were, i would've assumed that other highly emulated games would've been trademarked in a similar fashion subsequently. That, and Rhythm Heaven was a DS game. Just something to think about.
Plus, I'm not exactly sure how this trademarking stuff is supposed to stop emulation.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
That actually makes me wonder, should theytalk at all or just do grunts like Link?
If you count the 1st and 2nd Golden Sun game together, I think Isaac as well as Felix had actual dialogues while you were playing as the opposite party.
So I personally think they would definitely have some voice acting.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Strangely, I would kind of like to see a Pokemon in his reveal trailer (like :ultpikachu:,:ultlucario:,:ultjigglypuff:). If you look at previous reveal trailers you might notice that none of them involve a Pokemon (except for the Greninja trailer). It does seem odd that Pokemon are not presented in any reveal trailers other than the one that reveals a new Pokemon character. Given how recognizable Pokemon is, I think that an Isaac reveal that involves a Pokemon character in some way would be a cool trailer, not just to Golden Sun fans but to non Golden Sun fans as well. I don't really have a specific way I would like the trailer to be presented but, I do like the idea of a Golden Sun x Pokemon style (of course the focus of the trailer would still be on Isaac).

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Strangely, I would kind of like to see a Pokemon in his reveal trailer (like :ultpikachu:,:ultlucario:,:ultjigglypuff:). If you look at previous reveal trailers you might notice that none of them involve a Pokemon (except for the Greninja trailer). It does seem odd that Pokemon are not presented in any reveal trailers other than the one that reveals a new Pokemon character. Given how recognizable Pokemon is, I think that an Isaac reveal that involves a Pokemon character in some way would be a cool trailer, not just to Golden Sun fans but to non Golden Sun fans as well. I don't really have a specific way I would like the trailer to be presented but, I do like the idea of a Golden Sun x Pokemon style (of course the focus of the trailer would still be on Isaac).
I think it’s because the Pokémon Company is very protective over their brand. This is why Pokémon Amiibo’s don’t really work with many other games.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Says there will be a gen 7 like, but doesn’t elaborate until much later saying it’s Inciniroar that will be in the game. Maybe. But Inciniroar is too safe. It’s also not a Poke a whole lot of people like. It has its fans, sure, but more people like Decidueye. Doesn’t make any sense.
To be fair, iirc, Incineroar is only considered safe because Verge said it might be him earlier on. Before that, no one was speculating him and he wasn't very popular.

Top Bottom