• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If he was an AT they'd have revealed him early on with Waluigi, Ashley and Shovel Knight. The only reason to delay him is if he is playable.
I agree. Skull kid and Isaac are two of the most requested characters ever, Sakurai knows this. Hell he deconfirmed skull kid back in smash 4 immediately just to avoid people getting their hopes up or confused, but is he doing it this time?… nope, he is letting the fans' hype build up the more those two characters are MIA. I'm definitely expecting Sun and Moon to be a thing at this point.

His absence from AT, placement in the ballot and the Rathalos hint are all the proof I need. He's playable, mark my words.
This, absolutely this. I can already see his reveal be involving something similar to that pict, but maybe on Venus Lighthouse? who knows. Rathalos basically is the final dragon boss type of pun here so it would make sense to see him in a CGI trailer… man that would be sick. Plus, that Rathalos picture is definitely missing a 4th party member… so yeah.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It does. It is mainly what Nintendo put to, in lack of a better term, cover their *** in the legal sense.

However, this bit of code:
T2018-107102 < This is the important part

^ These are trademark codes mainly the T2018-107102 part. Unfortunately I am turning up negative results, but if we can find this code with the translated text then we have our answer.

The two pages of information are entirely different and contain different information because the Kanji are entirely different. If only I could find a text sample of the secondary image.

Edit: In other words, if we can find out which document this code, T2018-107102, came from then we will finally know what Nintendo has in store for Golden Sun.
Eagerly awaiting results.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Sadly, without the text copy of the document I will have to guess the Kanji translation by using a translator.

Note: It is also extremely late for me so I will look up some key words then go to bed.
If you don't mind, could you post the kanji here? I can take a look myself. I wouldn't say I'm fluent, but fairly competent. Even if I can't manage, someone else might be able to.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If you don't mind, could you post the kanji here? I can take a look myself. I wouldn't say I'm fluent, but fairly competent. Even if I can't manage, someone else might be able to.
Sadly I only have the image, but here is the image itself:

tumblr_inline_pezlmzKanY1rmjx4g_500.jpg

On the bottom right side (top of the bottom) I see the word "ROM", but there is a repeat of words/phrases during the first three sentences.

Note: I was not able to return any results such as "Remaster" and peripheral" ;however, I did not try reboot or reimagining.
Off to bed.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It's been a bit since I've checked in. I've had some questioning moments and tough irl stuff to deal with over the past few days, but that's a story for another day. I hope you guys are doing ok with all the fake leaks and stuff popping up like usual. I'd like to say my piece on Vergeben; I don't think he's truly fake, but I do think it's possible that he's gotten false flagged or might be making theories. It's possible that we have another Gematsu on our hands, so we shouldn't take everything he says as confirmed. I do think Steve is possible, but I'm pretty suspicious of that actually happening, so let's just wait and see first. Personally I'd rather not have him in, but if Sakurai decides that's what he wants for Smash, there's not much we can do really.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been doing my best to pay attention to this thread the past week, latest direct got me down but I haven't seen anyone talk about the fact that I guess golden sun's trademark wasn't close to expiring when nintendo renewed all of those other franchises like the other three were, https://www.trademarkia.com/golden-sun-77749719.html something i figured I might bring up might be nothing.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I haven't been doing my best to pay attention to this thread the past week, latest direct got me down but I haven't seen anyone talk about the fact that I guess golden sun's trademark wasn't close to expiring when nintendo renewed all of those other franchises like the other three were, https://www.trademarkia.com/golden-sun-77749719.html something i figured I might bring up might be nothing.
Currently we’ve got Oracle looking through for differences to see if something changed that may indicate what plans they may have for the franchise.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We have actually talked about this. Quite a lot, actually. It doesn't come up literally all the time but we've definitely discussed this before, even in the last few pages. Its just there's not much else to talk about regarding it.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
While going through it, i saw something i did not think would've been on there until recently. スマートフォン用のプログラム. Smartphones?! what?
EDIT: Thus far, I've seen "uses for Downloads, video games, TV games, ect. will continue looking through
EDIT 2:
スマートフォン用 のケース、コンピュータ用 ゲームソフトウェア、ダウンロード可能なコンピュータ用ゲームソフトウェア、コンピュータプログラム(記録さねたもの)、スマートフォン用プログラム、ダウンロード可能なスマートフォン用プログラム、スマートフォン用のプログラムを記録させた記録  、録音 み又は 画 みのコンパクトディスク、インターネットを利用し   。

Is all I could discern from the paragraph regarding smartphones. Granted they're covering apps, downloads, recordings, ect. They might be releasing Golden Sun to mobile, or simply trying to prevent emulation via phones. However, there was also the bit about smart phone cases, which I'd be all for. Can't say that if they did release Golden Sun to Mobile, it wouldn't confuse me though.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
While going through it, i saw something i did not think would've been on there until recently. スマートフォン用のプログラム. Smartphones?! what?
EDIT: Thus far, I've seen "uses for Downloads, video games, TV games, ect. will continue looking through
EDIT 2:
スマートフォン用 のケース、コンピュータ用 ゲームソフトウェア、ダウンロード可 なコンピュータ用ゲームソフトウェア、コンピュータプログラム(記録さねたもの)、スマートフォン用プログラム、ダウンロード可 なスマートフォン用プログラム、スマートフォン用のプログラムを記録させた記録  、録音 み又は 画 みのコンパクトディスク、インターネットを利用し   。

Is all I could discern from the paragraph regarding smartphones. Granted they're covering apps, downloads, recordings, ect. They might be releasing Golden Sun to mobile, or simply trying to prevent emulation via phones. However, there was also the bit about smart phone cases, which I'd be all for. Can't say that if they did release Golden Sun to Mobile, it wouldn't confuse me though.
Isaac confirmed for FE Heroes?

This is a little worrying. Not sure a mobile Golden Sun would stand on its own. As a companion game, it could be great, but it can’t revive the series on its own.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Might be worthwhile to see if the other trademark renewals cover the same stuff.
Might help rule out / confirm the theory on emulation. What other IPs were renewed? Rhythm Heaven, and what else? If anyone has some information, i'll look into it.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Having golden sun available on mobile would still be interresting. That'd be a way to advertise the franchise, even if it's just a port with no graphical change whatsoever. If enough people play it.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Here's their Rhythm Heaven and Wrecking Crew trademarks. Maybe they differ in some way.
Comparing all 3 pictures, the list of trademarked distributive properties of their respective games for Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Wrecking Crew seem to be identical. So either they're cutting down on emulation on phones, or...
Regardless of the outcome, it does give extra assurance against emulation.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Just had a dream that Isaac got revealed for smash after a Golden Sun sequel was announced. CGI trailer had all the party members in a different color palette lol
But anyways, I woke up not dissapointed, but full of hope. I voted for him back in 2015. If all of us have indeed done our part, then I don't think there's place for anxiety. Most of us have been at it for over a decade for a good reason. If this game is for the fans, then this is our time, friends. :)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I agree. Skull kid and Isaac are two of the most requested characters ever
I mean... this seems like a huge leap. Skull Kid didnt even become a vocal choice on the forums until two months ago.
He is a great character, but let's not just make things up.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys random thought I just had. granted this has probably already been talked about a lot over here so I might just be repeating things others have already said.

But why did Nintendo renew their trademark for Golden Sun? like the obvious reason would be "because they plan to make Golden Sun games in the future"
and that would be great. but with Nintendo having franchises like Xenoblade doing so hot. along with having Square Enix. the biggest name in JRPGs having a full team to make them exclusives. I wouldn't think Nintendo would see a need for holding onto another JRPG franchise that they have shelfed for awhile now. they let Custom Robo go (which still makes me sad...) so what reason would they hold onto Golden Sun?

Maybe it actually could be a sign that Isaac is gonna be in ultimate?

granted I realize I could be way off base with this theory. Custom Robo probably isn't the best comparison because I'm pretty sure Golden Sun has had much more success. and it's also possible that since they are doing so well with JRPGs that Nintendo might think this could be prime time to make more of them!

This was just me throwing out food for thought. I hope we can get both Isaac for smash and a new Golden Sun game! keep holding strong everyone! your voices can be heard! also holy cow almost 500 pages?! man wish Geno was able to hold those numbers!
While the Switch has sold like hotcakes, there's not a ton of games and content out for it at this point in its lifecycle. Smash will definitely be a unit seller for them due to how gigantic of a game it always is, but they need stuff after that in order to capitalize. That's why you have Metroid Prime 4 on the horizon along with FE: Three Houses and Animal Crossing next year. They could be looking at the large success of Octopath Traveler who is in the exact same genre and keeping options open.

It doesn't necessarily confirm anything about Golden Sun content in Smash, but it's an interesting indicator. Hypothetically, if Isaac were in Smash, they'd be stupid not to capitalize on the interest the character would draw because of it. Which would be a reason why they renew it again so soon to the release of the game. It could be nothing too so don't think I'm not ruling out that possibility.

What is interesting is Rhythm Heaven and Wrecking Crew alongside it (Mario Sluggers too?). A RH game would work perfectly on the Switch and is in the same bloodline as Golden Sun in terms of popularity back in the GBA era. The Wrecking Crew one alongside both of those really gets the imagination running wild though. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make a new Wrecking Crew game but maybe they have it for their NES lineup? If they do, would they know something about it and smash content that would lend them to want to protect their property? Ultimately, we're not going to know until they actually use their licenses for something and it's all made clear. Isaac and other GS content being in Smash or a new game entirely. Or both.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The question is, were Rhythm Heaven, Wrecking Crew, and Super Mario Sluggers renewed because they were expiring? Or because of plans?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Careful, this logic helped make people think Ashley was a lock before she wasn't even named but shown off as an AT. "Obviously she would of been shown off like Waluigi right off the bat!" And then the next direct happened...

Saki, Kat & Ana, Shadow, Sable Prince, Barbara Bat, and a few others are still missing as well.
I'm kind of thinking some people just want to support the character they've grown to love from the games they played in hopes that that they'll be playable, despite the odds against them.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I agree. Skull kid and Isaac are two of the most requested characters ever, Sakurai knows this. Hell he deconfirmed skull kid back in smash 4 immediately just to avoid people getting their hopes up or confused, but is he doing it this time?… nope, he is letting the fans' hype build up the more those two characters are MIA. I'm definitely expecting Sun and Moon to be a thing at this point.
The only thing about that is he dragged on Ridley's deconfirmation for 4. Which makes me worry.

But why did Nintendo renew their trademark for Golden Sun? like the obvious reason would be "because they plan to make Golden Sun games in the future"
and that would be great. but with Nintendo having franchises like Xenoblade doing so hot. along with having Square Enix. the biggest name in JRPGs having a full team to make them exclusives. I wouldn't think Nintendo would see a need for holding onto another JRPG franchise that they have shelfed for awhile now. they let Custom Robo go (which still makes me sad...) so what reason would they hold onto Golden Sun?

Maybe it actually could be a sign that Isaac is gonna be in ultimate?
One of the biggest things arguments against Isaac, Banjo, Geno, Skull Kid, etc. is that they're simply not relevant anymore. "They're dead, they're not going to increase sales, etc." Well, first of all Smash Bros isn't just a billboard, but to humor these people...

*After the financial failure that was Federation Force, they some how still decided to make two Metroid titles
*After a 10 year hiatus Star Fox received a new game two years ago
*The last Streets of Rage game released was in 1994, now its getting a new one in 2019 (25 years)
*After a 10 year hiatus Samurai Shodown is receiving a sequel
*Shenmue 3 will finally be happening next year after 18 years of waiting
*Devil May Cry 5 is happening, we're getting a -real- one after an 11 year wait
*Windjammers 2, NES classic, SNES classic, PS1 classic, Ace Combat 7, Fighting Layer Ex, Megaman 11, etc.

Not only that, lets not pretend that the inclusion of obscure/lesser known series in Smash like Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Mother, Metroid, Star Fox, and more didn't help their sales. Smash is unique because you can advertise a lesser known character using it because it already has Mario, Sonic, Link, and Pikachu on the cover. Call of Duty guy does not need their help. Someone like Shulk would benefit very well from being in Smash.

This isn't the late 2000s or early 2010s anymore. Companies like Nintendo don't have to shell out a million Mario titles anymore nor does one overgenre saturate the market. Due to the rise of social media, its made it very easy to advertise something like a new Metroid, Shenmue or Samurai Shodown. Advertising spreads extremely fast on twitter now and influencers and Youtubers with huge audiences have the ability to vouch for these games.

It is really annoying (stupid) when people say relevancy should be the only factor.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A Golden Sun mobile game? Wat? Okay, I could see it happening actually. Play around with the Psynergy puzzle thing a little, and introduce a simplified battle system and that would already be a great base. I just don't think it'll happen, but if it does, I'll be sure to buy it at least.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The first thing that came to mind was Golden Sun Go. :laugh:

It's like the Pokemon one except you catch Djinn and the Pokestops are replaced by Lighthouses you need to light.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
A simple Puzzle Game with Move, Grow etc. Puzzles to accomoany a new Game or Remake would be great. But a weird Spin off without the Context of a New Game coming, kinda like what happened with Federation Force, would imo even damage Golden Sun Reputation, and leave behind a false Impression to younger Gamers who didn't play the original Games.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
A mobile game seems unlikely. Nintendo has only done those with their ridiculously big series, not anyone small like Golden Sun.

Big if true though, they put a ton of effort into their mobile games.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
To be fair, skull kid popularity is recent because of the supposed hints people are willing to see in the direct. Only Isaac has a good and steady popularity since brawl. Talking about it, have you noticed we hear less and less about skull kid ? like a month ago people were saying he's a lock, and now ? I barely see anyone talking about him in the Smash bros sphere (except his fans logically on dedicated threads).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally think the smart phone comment might've been to warn about mobile emulators and the like. Since the GBA was always one of the most emulated systems, Golden Sun might be amongst the few games that would be pirated the most. So it could be related to that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What's this talk about Golden Sun mobile?

Also, i'm still waiting on the Advance Wars trademark to happen lol.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
It's possible that with the trademark renewal, Isaac is being planned as DLC. We know that development of Smash 4 began around 2015 which is when King K Rool's trademark was renewed. If DLC were in fact being worked on, now would be the time to start since each character usually takes a few months to complete.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Can the previous Golden Sun trademark be viewed? Figured if the new and previous one could be compared we could see what is in the new one that isn't in the old that might imply what the purpose of the early renewal is.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
This is our second trademark for Golden Sun, correct? I swear we had one released sometime in 2017

Keep seeing posts to the contrary on Reddit but I want to confirm I'm thinking correctly

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Smash has always been a game about relievancy and obscurity. Who cared about Ice Climbers (game) when Melee came out? Absolutely no one. And now they’re one of the most beloved Smash vets.

Hell, even Sm4sh, arguably the game in the series that most catered to relevancy, had some obscure picks.

Duck Hunt an old classic from Nintendo’s history. But not a relevant one.

Megaman, while a gaming Icon, for sure, he hadn’t gotten a new game in years and with many Megaman projects being canceled at this time, people thought his franchise was dead.

Shulk. I add him because, sure he was likely there to promote Xenoblade Chrocnicles 3DS, he was also a largely obscure character from a Wii game that didn’t sell too well but gained a cult following we’ll after launch.

Isaac could easily be the next Shulk.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Smash has always been a game about relievancy and obscurity. Who cared about Ice Climbers (game) when Melee came out? Absolutely no one. And now they’re one of the most beloved Smash vets.

Hell, even Sm4sh, arguably the game in the series that most catered to relevancy, had some obscure picks.

Duck Hunt an old classic from Nintendo’s history. But not a relevant one.

Megaman, while a gaming Icon, for sure, he hadn’t gotten a new game in years and with many Megaman projects being canceled at this time, people thought his franchise was dead.

Shulk. I add him because, sure he was likely there to promote Xenoblade Chrocnicles 3DS, he was also a largely obscure character from a Wii game that didn’t sell too well but gained a cult following we’ll after launch.

Isaac could easily be the next Shulk.
Isaac isn't too relevant to modern gaming, yet Golden Sun has a huge following as can be seen on this (so far) 496 page thread. Most of the characters added in Smash so far are fan favorites that "couldn't get in because blah blah blah." Ridley was "too big," K Rool was "owned by someone else now," and Simon just is a surprise to a lot of people. Tell those guys "You can't get in" and you'd be proven wrong. Isaac could fit perfectly in Smash.

Top Bottom