• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Man, we are basically in the leak wars right now lol.

Honestly I think it’s wise to simply be mindful of the “leaks” as even Vergeben (our most credible leaker right now) missed a handful of characters so who knows how many others there are. I’m not gonna pretend to know reasons for a character getting in or not. We are less than 3 months out so we will all know the outcome very soon. Hopefully Isaac is one of the ones getting in!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Honestly I think it’s wise to simply be mindful of the “leaks” as even Vergeben (our most credible leaker right now) missed a handful of characters so who knows how many others there are. I’m not gonna pretend to know reasons for a character getting in or not. We are less than 3 months out so we will all know the outcome very soon. Hopefully Isaac is one of the ones getting in!
man this game needs to come out right now

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice

Isaac is actually quite common in a bunch of leaks I see. If he isn't base, I'm sure he will be a priority for DLC.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
What’s great about Smash Ultimate is that Sakurai is mainly using the Smash Ballot/fan demand. What sucks is due to the Smash Ballot it is far easier to guess the roster this time around compared to past Smash games.

Inkling was a given. Every time a Smash game is announced everyone predicts Ridley, King K Rool, Isaac and Geno. Castlevania is pretty much the only iconic third party left that had history with Nintendo. I’m not saying no one has real info but it’s not hard to guess this roster.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
All the varying text rumors and their "sources" (Verge, Master0fHyrule, Prima, LaPailleDor, LeakyPandy, and probably some other that I've forgotten) are just disorienting and make me want to ignore all this drama in favor of waiting for the truth. It feels like navigating a maze without an end point.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
They're probably not directly leakers themselves but know insiders. And it's not all the same inside, but people who know varying degrees of information, so its conflicting. One guy might say there is blank character, another might say they're only an assist trophy or something

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I think Verge is starting to fall. I think a lot of stuff was legitimate, but not all. Minecraft might get an AT or stage, but not a character. Pokemon might not get a new rep or we'd have Fire Emblem problem 2.0.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
You can't look at almost 20000 posts and say that there isn't a demand for him he should at least be an assist trophy. We were there during the ballot so hopefully he'll get in, let's go guys

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
All the varying text rumors and their "sources" (Verge, Master0fHyrule, Prima, LaPailleDor, LeakyPandy, and probably some other that I've forgotten) are just disorienting and make me want to ignore all this drama in favor of waiting for the truth. It feels like navigating a maze without an end point.

Master0fHyrule does not know anything. I can tell you that

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
To be honest, I think Verge is starting to fall. I think a lot of stuff was legitimate, but not all. Minecraft might get an AT or stage, but not a character. Pokemon might not get a new rep or we'd have Fire Emblem problem 2.0.
Don't count Verg out

I aint one to belive leakers. I outed Loz18 before he fell.

I think Verg has some info. Old info. Nothing new

D

Deleted member

Let's forget about it for now. The support for Isaac is the most important thing. The sun hopefully rises on his arrival in Smash. Heh guess I'm posting here again fine by me.

D

Deleted member

Are you talking about 50 Cent the singer is he ok? Or was there some joke thing that happened?

D

Deleted member

OH a meme thing. Yeah those things usually just fly right over my head, so I wouldn't get them. Anyway thanks guess I better keep an eye out next time. Isaac hopefully is in. Hopefully a Smash direct ends the speculation.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
OH a meme thing. Yeah those things usually just fly right over my head, so I wouldn't get them. Anyway thanks guess I better keep an eye out next time. Isaac hopefully is in. Hopefully a Smash direct ends the speculation.
I think all we need is a list of all the AT

From there we can know what Isaac fate would be

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’m curious to see how they’d portray Isaac in a Smash. Since characters get a lot of influence from all of their designs over the years, we would see a slightly older version of Isaac than the versions we see in current artworks, but not necessarily like adult Isaac.

Like I would expect they’d age him up ever so slightly for a better overall look, but keeping him young overall since that is his most popular incarnation.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I’m curious to see how they’d portray Isaac in a Smash. Since characters get a lot of influence from all of their designs over the years, we would see a slightly older version of Isaac than the versions we see in current artworks, but not necessarily like adult Isaac.

Like I would expect they’d age him up ever so slightly for a better overall look, but keeping him young overall since that is his most popular incarnation.
We would get a Roy-esk Isaac

Roy looks like he is 17-18
But like 15 in Binding Blade

So Isaac would prob have his old look

Or they can do an Ike situation and rotate old isaac and young isaac

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
It feels too soon for another Smash Direct (early November, a month before release, feels right), but it almost feels like the community needs something to calm down with. Confirm a rumor, deconfirm one, pull something unexpected out, whatever, but the leak talk is a bit much right now. I'll personally keep an eye on Minecon next week in hopes it deal with the Steve thing, although maybe that's being too optimistic when Nintendo has always preferred to do its own thing. It's just hard to read a thread like this when 90% of the talk is debating the validity of leaks because they're all we have to go on right now.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So we calling verge fake before it's official? you guys have problems lol. Just don't pay attention to them if you don't know what you're saying. He is far more credible than loz ever was. Anyway, isn't this supposed to be an Isaac support thread and not a leak thread? just wondering lol

D

Deleted member

Yeah good point, this will be over soon then the leakers will move into their next thing. I'm thankful to them for info though. Almost done game will be here soon hopefully with Isaac in it.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
So we calling verge fake before it's official? you guys have problems lol. Just don't pay attention to them if you don't know what you're saying. He is far more credible than loz ever was. Anyway, isn't this supposed to be an Isaac support thread and not a leak thread? just wondering lol
I'm just saying that Verge seems to be less believable, to me at least. The thing about Steve is just... off.

D

Deleted member

I still believe him for now time refocus on the golden boy. If Isaac does get in. Would you guys and gals like too see more from Golden Sun beyond his inclusion trophies, assist trophies, a stage? Anything? Sure this has been asked a lot just wondering.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I still believe him for now time refocus on the golden boy. If Isaac does get in. Would you guys and gals like too see more from Golden Sun beyond his inclusion trophies, assist trophies, a stage? Anything? Sure this has been asked a lot just wondering.
If Isaac does get in, I want Venus Lighthouse as a stage and possibly a Felix echo, though Felix might be DLC. An Assist Trophy for the Wise One might work due to how he is as a character. Another cool Assist Trophy would be Saturos and Menardi. Think Kat and Ana, except they aren't flying around and are trying to blast you with fire psynergy. Normal trophies could be the other party members from the Golden Sun games, with the two I think that would be most likely as trophies being Garet and Jenna. Garet because he's Isaac's childhood friend and Jenna because she's Felix's sister and she likes Isaac, so they'd probably tease that in the trophy description.

D

Deleted member

Thanks as someone who barely knows anything about the games this is helpful definetly got to check out more about it someday.

Anyway great Awnsers keep them coming if you want.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Thanks as someone who barely knows anything about the games this is helpful definetly got to check out more about it someday.

Anyway great Awnsers keep them coming if you want.
Heh, thanks Krem. Isaac is just one of those characters that needs Smash to get a new game, sorta like Pit was. I would think that if there were a Golden Sun 4, though, it would start with Felix's son like how Dark Dawn had Isaac's son Matthew. That would be great, since Felix is pretty much my favorite video game character.

I want Isaac as a playable character with Felix as an Echo. All or nothing, I am betting all my chips.
Better be potato chips.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Better be potato chips.
*looks at Rethuic with dorito covered fingers* You say something?
Edit: Seriously though, Isaac is my most wanted. He ranks as high as One Piece's Manga popularity holds above all other Shonen currently.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I want everything they can give us from GS. Isaac with a stage (Venus Lighthouse) music because GS music is amazing! An AT (maybe Jenna or other characters from Isaac's party) maybe even items. Go big or go home, I guess

D

Deleted member

Heh, thanks Krem. Isaac is just one of those characters that needs Smash to get a new game, sorta like Pit was. I would think that if there were a Golden Sun 4, though, it would start with Felix's son like how Dark Dawn had Isaac's son Matthew. That would be great, since Felix is pretty much my favorite video game character.
Anytime. And don't worry it may have been a while but hopefully Golden Sun returns I think it will it's too good a series not too from what I've seen. Also if Isaac gets in with hopefully some other Golden Sun stuff, hopefully it leads to more people finding out and becoming fans of the Golden Sun series.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't S+M be better as a "story mode" boss?

Especially if Venus Lighthouse is in.

Top Bottom