• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
There's a resurgence of an old leak making the rounds. I'll link to the GFAQs topic since discussing it there is less cancerous than 4chan where it originated.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77029984

If you're not aware of this leaker, he made several predictions back in July that wound up coming true (including some far fetched ones), though a forum moderator claimed his posts were edited after the reveals.

No proof of that was provided (like moderator logs) so the validity of this leak basically comes down to who you believe: the leaker or the forum moderator.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Huh, anyone see the semi-clone Shadow rumor? Would be good for us
It’s BS. GameXplain did another predictions video and Jon mentioned how it’d be cool to see Shadow as a semi clone using guns. A bunch of people who for some reason think Jon is an industry insider are latching onto this as gospel truth.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
There's a resurgence of an old leak making the rounds. I'll link to the GFAQs topic since discussing it there is less cancerous than 4chan where it originated.

If you're not aware of this leaker, he made several predictions back in July that wound up coming true (including some far fetched ones), though a forum moderator claimed his posts were edited after the reveals.

No proof of that was provided (like moderator logs) so the validity of this leak basically comes down to who you believe: the leaker or the forum moderator.
What did he get right? I'm having a real hard time believe a lot of their claims.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
What did he get right? I'm having a real hard time believe a lot of their claims.
This was his original claim. Note the date:

>LaPailleDor, 07/12/2018 :
"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

https://smashboards.com/attachments/1536003186466-jpg.161634/

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman

- Ayumi Tachibana, from Famicom Detective Club
- Reimu Hakurei, from Touhou Project

.....hah no thanks, not buying it. Something from Touhou Project would be even worse than Steve or even Fornite Generic Guy

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice

.....hah no thanks, not buying it. Something from Touhou Project would be even worse than Steve or even Fornite Generic Guy
I feel like something from Touhou could work in Smash, but has it had any game on a Nintendo console?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It’s BS. GameXplain did another predictions video and Jon mentioned how it’d be cool to see Shadow as a semi clone using guns. A bunch of people who for some reason think Jon is an industry insider are latching onto this as gospel truth.
I don't think you're working with the full picture here.
He has been doing this for a long time now. Back before Mario Tennis Aces was revealed he made a post saying "This Direct is going to be Aces", before the Captain Toad Switch port got revealed he posted a picture of a Captain Toad plush with a Switch, and he was the first to insinuate Ridley being in Smash with his "Man all this speculation is too big" "So big" posts before the new Smash was announced, while he later clarified in PMs that he had a source that told him about the new Smash with Inklings and Ridley as characters. This goes beyond being a "master speculator" or having information for just one Direct.
My friend, Jon is an insider. Other insiders on resetera have acknowledged this. This site acknowledged it back when the resetera Ridley stuff was going on, people just never made the connection Jonneh of resetera was Jon of GX.

Since joining GX, he's begun sprinkling his info among his guesses, so as to mask it and deliberately making it hard to discern what is theorizing and what isn't. Most is guessing, true enough, and to me it sounds like Shadow is just him postulating. I agree it's unwise to invest in Jon's claims until you have hindsight, because so many are legitimately just guesses, as per the GX discussions, but Jon does know stuff.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you're working with the full picture here.

My friend, Jon is an insider. Other insiders on resetera have acknowledged this. This site acknowledged it back when the resetera Ridley stuff was going on, people just never made the connection Jonneh of resetera was Jon of GX.

Since joining GX, he's begun sprinkling his info among his guesses, so as to mask it and deliberately making it hard to discern what is theorizing and what isn't. Most is guessing, true enough, and to me it sounds like Shadow is just him postulating. I agree it's unwise to invest in Jon's claims until you have hindsight, because so many are legitimately just guesses, as per the GX discussions, but Jon does know stuff.
Fair enough, but putting too much stock into his claims is fruitless. After the September direct, all his GameXplain co-workers were congratulating him on his predictions and he was just explaining why they made sense to him. How would they not know what he does if he does in fact know more than them?

Granted, there are people out there who potentially know more than they let on. It’s just silly to believe everything someone says because they made a few accurate predictions. He most likely knows absolutely nothing like us and just has an associate who tells him a few things every once in awhile.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
This was his original claim. Note the date:

>LaPailleDor, 07/12/2018 :
"Ok guys, I have sources that gave me some infos on the new smash bros on the switch...Here's what I have so far :
Those characters will be playable : Simon and Richter Belmont from Castlevania, Ken from Street Fighter, Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening, Black Shadow from F-ZERO, Isaac from Golden Sun and King K. Rool from Donkey Kong
Regarding the modes, Event matches and Boss fights will be back (With Dracula and Giygas as bosses) and along with that, there'll be the possibility of fighting on multiple stages"

https://smashboards.com/attachments/1536003186466-jpg.161634/
Calling Simon means nothing. Everyone included him on their leaks once Vergeben got attention. Richter's a little more impressive, but who's to say he didn't just add him to spice up his leak? K. Rool was on everybody, I repeat, everybody's leak after E3. You'd be hard press to find any fake leak that didn't include him. Claiming Chrom isn't too impressive either, since many started assuming he was in as an Ike echo, when Ike's Chrom alt was missing. If he said he was a Roy echo, sure, but he just said Chrom according to you. Lastly, Ken is the og echo. Even before 3rd party echoes were confirmed a thing, people were still speculating on Shadow and Ken.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Agreed. Those are as unlikely as meme characters. Of course I would want the Isaac part of the leak to be real, and even some of those other characters, but those specific two are just not happening lol, it stinks fake by a mile. Plus how does this dude not know about Isabelle but knows about Ken since july? Hell even Verge knew about both, and speaking of verge, with multiple sources, he didn't know this much info that this guy claims to know… since july? that's just nuts, even ESRB didn't happen yet back then. I just think this guy is full of himself. I will gladly be open to being proven wrong if we get those characters, i just can't make sense on how this dude knows stuff since then and not something as important as isabelle.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
LaPailleDor is back once again is he? I want to believe him for the sake of Isaac.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Calling Simon means nothing. Everyone included him on their leaks once Vergeben got attention. Richter's a little more impressive, but who's to say he didn't just add him to spice up his leak? K. Rool was on everybody, I repeat, everybody's leak after E3. You'd be hard press to find any fake leak that didn't include him. Claiming Chrom isn't too impressive either, since many started assuming he was in as an Ike echo, when Ike's Chrom alt was missing. If he said he was a Roy echo, sure, but he just said Chrom according to you. Lastly, Ken is the og echo. Even before 3rd party echoes were confirmed a thing, people were still speculating on Shadow and Ken.
And what about correctly describing the stage fusion mechanic? (or whatever they called it) That's one hell of an impressive string of coincidences.

EDIT: And Dracula as a boss as well. I think you're having a bad case of "Hindsight is 20/20" here.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432571184

Don't believe the French!
USA USA USA

FREEDOM TOAST
FREEDOM FRIES

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOM

All jokes aside,
That leak is a mess, I think it's the French trying to mess with us again, just like they did before. I forgot who, but they said they are very anti isaac and like to mess around.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Isaac will be on every "leak" now

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
And what about correctly describing the stage fusion mechanic? (or whatever they called it) That's one hell of an impressive string of coincidences.

EDIT: And Dracula as a boss as well. I think you're having a bad case of "Hindsight is 20/20" here.
Devil's Advocate. He has SOME legit info, but is sprinkling bs amongst it. Let's just hope Isaac is one of the legit infos.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
After 13 years of Geno for Smash speculation, right now is the most comfortable I've been with his chances to the point that I'm actually more worried about Isaac getting snubbed again. Everyone recognizes that the Ridley and K. Rool fanbases were basically brothers but why not Geno and Isaac? Tons of similarities:

-Long standing Smash fanbases since the pre-Brawl days.

-Both from cult classic RPGs.

-Both totally absent from at least one Smash game despite notable fan demand (Geno for Brawl and Isaac for SSB4).

-Shelved despite their popularity.

-Both come from games with super memorable music.

-Decent sales for their respective rereleases.

-A ton of demand for sequels to their respective games.

Hell, even color schemes are very similar.

Even if Isaac isn't high on your personal list, I recommend being supportive towards that fanbase because, except for Geno being older and Sakurai mentioning him specifically, their situation and Smash timeline as a fanbase is almost identical to ours.
Sadly no, Geno is the only character I care about. That said, I've often said that if not getting Geno meant that everyone else could get their characters, I'd take their happiness over mine every day of the week.
Time to put the proof in the pudding! What's up Fans of the Golden-headed Boy, I'm here to show support as a someone who is wishing upon the Star Road for his favorite blue puppet, a brother from another mother as it were. I've seen the mock polls: you guys have come in droves to support Issac, and I'm here to to say that I also support him as well. I've never played a Golden Sun game, but that won't stop me from hoping that your Venus Adept makes it into Ultimate. Let it be known that, regardless of what happens, if I see a blonde boy with a sword and alchemy-related powers, I will scream my lungs out in hype for you guys just like I have for Ridley and K.Rool fans.

Us Geno fans are holding Y for Power, so don't lose hope for your boy!

*Does some quick Golden Sun research*

The heroes were reunited in Lost Ages. Let's hope that we can reunite with Issac on Dec 7. 2007 SMASH FANS UNITE!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fair enough, but putting too much stock into his claims is fruitless. After the September direct, all his GameXplain co-workers were congratulating him on his predictions and he was just explaining why they made sense to him. How would they not know what he does if he does in fact know more than them?

Granted, there are people out there who potentially know more than they let on. It’s just silly to believe everything someone says because they made a few accurate predictions. He most likely knows absolutely nothing like us and just has an associate who tells him a few things every once in awhile.
They probably know he knows stuff. But they're not going to blow the whistle on him if he isn't going to disclose it himself. Now whether he tells them what he knows is a different story. You'd think he would, since he told other insiders on resetera, but right now it's just a big question mark. Fwiw, the GX guys know more than they let on too, though I've no idea to what extent.

However while that all is speculation, it doesn't take away from the fact that he hears things. Though, if we were just judging him based on his tenure with GX, I'd agree this was much ado about nothing. It's super easy to convince people of something once it's already happened. However when you factor in his pre-GX habits, the picture comes together a bit clearer.

That said, I agree not to put stock into many of his claims, most are guesses. Perhaps if it repeats them over and over it'd be worthwhile to take note, but still, we'll only ever know in hindsight, and I guess then we still won't know 100%.

D

Deleted member

Hope Golden Sun makes a return someday regardless Isaac fans you always got my support.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol there are discord screenshots debunking that french leak, it's a massive troll movement apparently

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432571184/smash-bros They are being posted just recently by some guy. I don't know french myself

No no no, I mean someone in the 4chan thread is posting screenshots of the people that joined to make the fake leak or something like that. It's a french discord.
You do know it is insanely easy to make fake Discord screenshots, right? I'm doubtful of that.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You do know it is insanely easy to make fake Discord screenshots, right? I'm doubtful of that.
Balance of probabilities. I'm more inclined to believe this is a troll movement (wouldn't be the first time either…) until it's proved otherwise.

Last edited:

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Balance of probabilities. I'm more inclined to believe this is a troll movement (wouldn't be the first time either…) until it's proved otherwise.
A lot of the stuff in the second LaPaille leak seems fake to me. The first LaPaille leak seems more realistic and got some stuff right.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I feel like something from Touhou could work in Smash, but has it had any game on a Nintendo console?
I've seen Touhou sidegames and cameos on the Nintendo Switch eShop, so perhaps something Touhou-related could be DLC.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/432571184/smash-bros They are being posted just recently by some guy. I don't know french myself

No no no, I mean someone in the 4chan thread is posting screenshots of the people that joined to make the fake leak or something like that. It's a french discord.
I could translated it at 9 pm est during my break, I just need a screenshot since 4 chan is block on the wi fi.

D

Deleted member

Since we were talking about Minecraft, I finally have something to sink my teeth into and ramble about.

I agree with the statements people have made about how profitability does not equal a great game. I mean, someone pointed out that Grand Theft Auto V is the most profitable game in history, but that's because they made players spend $50-$200 in real life money to get all the fancy toys in Online since the Online missions pay pathetic sums of cash (meanwhile GTA V never got a single player DLC mode, so I have adopted the Jim Sterling approach to cynically looking at groups like Take-Two Interactive and EA when they try to argue the merits of microtransactions), and you don't see anyone seriously clamoring for GTA representation in Smash Bros.. Nor Call of Duty.

Minecraft is a rather strange creature in this argument. Minecraft started out as a PC game that saw its creator, Mojang, bought by Microsoft, and then ported to virtually everything imaginable. When it was just on PC, you couldn't avoid it as it was everywhere, and it being on consoles just further expanded that reach. As you guys have said, when you say "Minecraft" to someone, they aren't going to say "Steve" as their first response. They'll mention Creepers, Skeletons, and even Endermen. Steve is simply an inter-changeable avatar that the player can swap out for another skin that tickles their fancy.

I honestly do not care much for Minecraft itself. I've played it, and every time, I get bored, or I realize that I can only create a block wall for a house because I just lack the creativity. Now, that doesn't mean I dislike the genre; if anything, Dragon Quest Builders is something that incorporates a story that makes perfect sense, and you get a feeling of satisfaction when you succeed in reviving communities and delivering hope to the unfortunate. Though it had some serious problems, they appear to all be fixed in the sequel, and I'm hoping for an early 2019 release in North America instead of it taking forever, as is the case with every Dragon Quest game ever (we never got Joker 3!!!). But, I digress...

Unlike other properties where I know the community too well and feel like they make the experience much worse (looking at you, Five Nights at Freddy's Freaks), I don't have any horror stories about Minecraft. I just feel like if it's in Smash Bros., it must be of a lower priority, since Steve's role in the game is purely to explore the world in a clunky manner. A stage and Creeper AT or enemies in Spirits Mode? Sure, I'd be down with that if it meant Banjo & Kazooie were playable and Microsoft was willing to have Master Chief and Killer Instinct fighters as DLC. But Steve can and should wait.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I think the last part kills it. I really don't see them creating versions of Battlefield and Final Destination based on older games. At least not in the base game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So apparently Vergeben's sources are saying there's 2 SE reps now
That's....quite a turn of events.

Certainly good news for Geno if it's true.

While I'm not really fond of Vergeben mentioning more characters that aren't Isaac, I like how the box theory is looking like it's on life support now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom