• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I am latin and I can give faith GS and Isaac are very loved around here. I am Venezuelan where the game was a hit and now I am living in Mexico and definitely a lot of people here voted for Isaac on the ballot repeatedly (including me)
You're venezuelan too? Nice! I can confirm, GS was definitely a thing here, I still play in my emulator.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I notice the Isaac lends a hand taglines going around, I think it would be pretty punny if they said Isaac lends a hanz XD

On a side note has anybody done art for a kirby themed Isaac?

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Ken Masters (Street Fighter) vs. Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic) vs. Richter Belmont (Castlevania) vs. Dark Samus (Metroid) vs. Chrom (Fire Emblem) vs. Impa (Legend of Zelda) vs. Roxas (Kingdom Hearts) vs. Felix (Golden Sun) is a potential playable character match up we could get in a Smash game.
That thought is a thing of beauty.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Ahem.... So tin foil hat time.

Isaac, Skull Kid and Geno will be revealed in the next big Smash Direct.

Ok so I use “will” loosely. But here’s my crazy reasoning.

Sun: Isaac
Moon: Skull Kid
Stars: Geno

... it’s probably nothing... right?

I don't really subscribe to this theory at all, but if that were to be a theme I can't imagine they would leave out a Sun/Moon Pokemon rep.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to figure how much the wii u vc sales were for the 1st 2 games? The 1st released 2 months before smash 4 and the 2nd released a year later. Add some good sales with a decent ballot I say a shoe in!

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
What Assist trophies do you think will GS get if Isaac IS in the game?
If sakurai absolutely loves golden sun then he'll add an assist trophy for each party member :)

It's not gonna happen though so let's just say Jenna lol

Is there a way to figure how much the wii u vc sales were for the 1st 2 games? The 1st released 2 months before smash 4 and the 2nd released a year later. Add some good sales with a decent ballot I say a shoe in!
I tried searching for sales numbers or something but I couldn't find anything :/

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
From what I've seen outside of SmashBoards, many forums that talk about the top 5 are actually ok with Isaac getting in Smash. Even the dreaded 4Chan are surprisingly ok with him (save for a few trolls of course). Also those threads that I've seen that discuss the top 5 from the exit poll, many would rather replace certain ones for another character, but never replace Isaac. At least, what I've seen. Made me happy.

I can see 4 types of AT for GoldenSun:
1) Any of the party members like Jenna for example since she has ties with Isaac, Matthew and Felix AND has her own battle theme.
2) Any villain like Saturos or the Fusion/Doom Dragon.
3) Any or all 4 of the Djinn
4) Kraden! He would be like the new Mr. Resetti from Brawl and distract you with his dialogue of Alchemy.

So many choices!

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Whelp, I'm now imagining Saturos and Menardi as a boss, eventually fusing together to form the Fusion Dragon.

Flint might be a good one.

Meanwhile I've decided that, despite wanting to see Mia's additional dialogue in Kolima, that it'd be wiser to do that section first in my Psynergy only run. So I'll be doing that.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Echo Fighters can be made later in development, though. Celica is absolutely possible because of this reason. They're very easy additions. We didn't even know about Smash Switch until March. Given how easy Echoes are, Celica could've been planned
SOV came out in 2017 she would be atm a very late addition.

I am just saying for a character like Simon they would share the same code. The person was a lucky guesser. Trust me, if the datamine was real the leaking scene would be all over the place and dmg control would be in effect.

I am latin and I can give faith GS and Isaac are very loved around here. I am Venezuelan where the game was a hit and now I am living in Mexico and definitely, a lot of people here voted for Isaac on the ballot repeatedly (including me)
I'm Cuban from NY, but I know a lot of my Hispanic friends going up enjoyed GS more than my white friends. Some are banking for Isaac to be in. Golden Sun helped many of em learn English with its text. However, we knew him as

Coming from 4chan

With now Loz saying Isaac is "in" or has a high chance. Verg and Lozz info would give us this as our roaster
1534700676715-1.png

Which I think no one will argue with.
With Amazon saying we will get 71 figthers (If not counting the echos which atm = up to 71) we have 4 more fighters and maybe 4 more echos

However, going by this we should be getting more fighters?
The average of "fighters of the day" is 3 for week.
26 weeks x 3 = 78
There are 67 fighters + 6 echoes - 4 (pokemon trainer and Miis count as 3 but share same day) = 69 characters.
78 - 69 = 9 more characters
1534699618980.png

As of now via 4chan

I want to talk about the leaks. I think I've got this figured out.

Let me start off by saying I have no idea if what I'm going to say is true, but I think my guess is reasonable.

Vergeben

+ Ridley at E3
+ Snake, Ice Climbers, Simon Belmont
+ "everyone is coming back from Smash WiiU/3DS"
+ Mimikyu is not the Gen 7 Pokemon.
- Simon's reveal would coincide with the reveal of two Castlevania games: a new entry and a classic compilation
- Donkey Kong isn't getting any new reps on Day 1/at launch (to be fair on this, he never said this one publicly)

Unconfirmed
>Minecraft may have representation, as a stage/assist trophy.
>Isabelle (Echo, not Unique)
>There is a Gen 7 rep that is not Decidueye or Lycanroc (One source straight up claiming it's Incineroar)
>After the E3 reveal, there are at least half a dozen characters left to reveal, unsure of whether that includes echos or not

Loz18

+ All characters from past games will be playable
+ You now pick stage before characters
+ Ganondorf has OOT model and uses his sword for some attacks now
+ Accurately revealed Inkling's moveset
+ Link's bombs changed to bomb rune
+ Zelda's model based on ALBW
+ Smash direct in August showing menu screen and options, tournament mode
+ Vergeben's source about no new DK rep was incorrect (he also did say separately that King K Rool was in)
- August Smash direct will show three modes besides All-Star mode (if you count Tournament mode we only saw 2, with Classic being the other). The new mode will be revealed and be the primary way to unlock characters

Unconfirmed
>There's interesting information in the backgrounds of the fighters and art on official Smash Bros website
>Nintendo is using the newcomers as a way to promote other games in their respective franchises, looking specifically at Switch releases in the next 6-12 months
>Skull Kid is in
>The main theme of the game is Heroes vs. Villains
>Tweet that Isaac might be in
>Recently said that Dixie was highly likely.

We also have the NeoGaf Leak
The OG one with

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

As for the 5 who are based on other fighters I could also just get the name of 3 of them:

- Chrom based on Roy (appearently with other effects than flames?)
- Soren (I don't know about any changes but he willl be based on Robin)
- Ken ( Based on Ryu with Flame effects)
- X
- X

- The Fire Emblem Series won't receive any newcomers but 2 who are based on existing fighters
- The Legend of Zelda Series won't receive any newcomers
- The Pokemon Series won't receive any newcomers
- Something about an addition to Cloud was mentioned, though I don't know for now if it's gonna be another Final Fantasy character or some other Square Enix character

With this leak
Soren could be possible since the Black Knight is now missing from Ike's FE stage

Which means he could be a boss and they could be giving Robin and Echo (Which would ****ing blow my mind)

So the big 3 leaks

Not counting the datamine one, but from my info with people who work at NOA saying that it didn't happen and it was luck guess this is all the info we have.

So with all the cards on the table that is the info we have now.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if instead of being in Isaac's moveset, they show up as items that anyone could use that works like the Dragoon, and picking up enough of certain types allows you to summon an AT-like figure based on the Summons in Golden Sun (reserve Judgment for Isaac's final smash of course). That might be kind of complicated, but I do think it would be weird if Djinn didn't show up in the game in some form alongside Isaac.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I mean there is.
Bandanna Dee isn't "retro" though; Bandanna Dee's first game was on the DS correct?

Bandanna Dee is a different sort of category.

Honestly we shouldn't compare retro characters to newer ones. It creates a really weird comparison that is very hard to comprehend and isn't worth the effort.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Jenna, Cicle Beam, Fume series, Masamune, Mars Djinn things... just perfect she will kick away from the stage all the woman that would get close to her boy

(also she is my first crush so I want to see her in HD)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bandanna Dee isn't "retro" though; Bandanna Dee's first game was on the DS correct?

Bandanna Dee is a different sort of category.

Honestly we shouldn't compare retro characters to newer ones. It creates a really weird comparison that is very hard to comprehend and isn't worth the effort.
His first role was technically on the SNES. But he didn't hit the mainstream until Kirby Returns to Dream Land or Super Star Ultra. So, I'll give you that one.

By the way if ya'll haven't checked out Lucky Crit's video on Golden Sun you really should. He explains a lot and does a lot to try and get Golden Sun back in peoples minds. We have officially waited longer now for a new Golden Sun than we did between The Lost Age and Dark Dawn... Let's hope Smash can change Nintendo's mind on the franchise!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
His first role was technically on the SNES. But he didn't hit the mainstream until Kirby Returns to Dream Land or Super Star Ultra. So, I'll give you that one.

By the way if ya'll haven't checked out Lucky Crit's video on Golden Sun you really should. He explains a lot and does a lot to try and get Golden Sun back in peoples minds. We have officially waited longer now for a new Golden Sun than we did between The Lost Age and Dark Dawn... Let's hope Smash can change Nintendo's mind on the franchise!
He is going to be working with me for another GS video. I need to finish the script the been busy with flight school. I want to get a piece out explaining GS and why it is a good series. Hopefully, by next month, it should be up.

1534730955736.png

Anway, via 4chan and who they want to see. Isaac is ranked 4.

Skull Kid I am feeling more of a Loz hype and chair meme. However, glad to see Isaac is still crazy in demand in 2018

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah he was a background character until then. It's kind of like how Daisy was in Super Mario Land 2, but didn't really matter until the Mario spin-offs.

It's also why I don't like comparing cross-generation stars. Though to be fair, now that the NES/SNES/N64/GCN era are all retro-y and we're running out of characters, we kind of have to compare characters of those eras (at least from Nintendo console series).
I get the feeling eventually we will get a sequel. I think it would be sweet if we got a sequel that brought the band back together.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
/v/ has always supported Skull Kid and Banjo very vocally as far as I can remember, so that does not surprise me. Geno seems more likely to most people than Isaac, so that doesn't surprise me either. Isaac is in a pretty good spot, there are lots of GS fans on /v/.

Reimu having a significant support base on /v/ always surprises me, but they're there. Wouldn't really be opposed to that but I think it's really unlikely ngl.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh yeah obviously. Doesn't hurt to dream every once in a while though, imagining things like that can help keep your mind off the brutal wait for more information. I agree though, we would likely get 15-20 at most. That is if we're even lucky enough to get a stage alongside our Golden Boy, which is unlikely enough as it is.
I think we would definitely get a stage alongside Isaac as a newcomer, as is tradition for characters of a new franchise.

As for songs, I think a dozen is the most. But hey... there's always mods. ;)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think we would definitely get a stage alongside Isaac as a newcomer, as is tradition for characters of a new franchise.

Pft. As if no is going to get a spare switch just for modding.

,,,Oh who am i kidding? lol

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I'm leaning on around 15-20. I definitely don't expect the 36, but for a first-party new IP with three games I kinda see us getting more than just 12. Splatoon has 23 and its probably all coming from one game. Even if we do get music from both titles, its still two games whereas GS has three. So I think its more than reasonable to think 15-20 tracks is about right. Especially when Gamexplain calculated that we've got to be missing a **** ton of tracks right now.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm leaning on around 15-20. I definitely don't expect the 36, but for a first-party new IP with three games I kinda see us getting more than just 12. Splatoon has 23 and its probably all coming from one game. Even if we do get music from both titles, its still two games whereas GS has three. So I think its more than reasonable to think 15-20 tracks is about right. Especially when Gamexplain calculated that we've got to be missing a **** ton of tracks right now.
How many songs were there in Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, 3DS and Wii U combined? Probably about 500-700.

I imagine we are only getting about 200 to 400-ish new tracks... which is still a crapton. Iunno maybe the upper cap is 15 songs, but 20 is just nuts. Y'all got settle down on the hype LMAO.
Pft. As if no is going to get a spare switch just for modding.

,,,Oh who am i kidding? lol
:awesome:

B00M

Smash Rookie
I notice the Isaac lends a hand taglines going around, I think it would be pretty punny if they said Isaac lends a hanz XD

On a side note has anybody done art for a kirby themed Isaac?
I'm using one I did in MS Paint a while ago as my profile pic. I actually just copy/pasted the hair from another drawing I did (including Isaac, Jenna & Mia from Golden Sun amongst other favorite characters of mine), heh. Kinda doubt the real Smash one would have a scarf since it seems hard for Kirby to actually wear with his short arms that frequently reach above his head and no shoulders, but it's just so Isaac I had to include it!

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
In which place in tier list you should think Isaac would be at? I would put him in Middle-High
I would want him high tier so that hes fun to play and tourney viable but not top tier cause I wouldn't want him to be the next bayo :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I wonder... how many did GameXplain say we're lacking?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Guys I need emotional support. I had a bad dream last where my friend got a copy of Smash Bros early and Isaac didn't make the cut.

Then again a Tetris block made the cut so I'm doubting the legit nature of this dream.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Guys I need emotional support. I had a bad dream last where my friend got a copy of Smash Bros early and Isaac didn't make the cut.

Then again a Tetris block made the cut so I'm doubting the legit nature of this dream.
Oh ****, Tetris Block confirmed. Where did it place on the tier list?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Dang! Which Tetris Block got in? The "L" block? That one was always famous among the Tetris community.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
SOV came out in 2017 she would be atm a very late addition.

I am just saying for a character like Simon they would share the same code. The person was a lucky guesser. Trust me, if the datamine was real the leaking scene would be all over the place and dmg control would be in effect.

I'm Cuban from NY, but I know a lot of my Hispanic friends going up enjoyed GS more than my white friends. Some are banking for Isaac to be in. Golden Sun helped many of em learn English with its text. However, we knew him as

Coming from 4chan

With now Loz saying Isaac is "in" or has a high chance. Verg and Lozz info would give us this as our roasterView attachment 158780

Which I think no one will argue with.
With Amazon saying we will get 71 figthers (If not counting the echos which atm = up to 71) we have 4 more fighters and maybe 4 more echos

However, going by this we should be getting more fighters?
The average of "fighters of the day" is 3 for week.
26 weeks x 3 = 78
There are 67 fighters + 6 echoes - 4 (pokemon trainer and Miis count as 3 but share same day) = 69 characters.
78 - 69 = 9 more characters
View attachment 158781

As of now via 4chan

I want to talk about the leaks. I think I've got this figured out.

Let me start off by saying I have no idea if what I'm going to say is true, but I think my guess is reasonable.

Vergeben

+ Ridley at E3
+ Snake, Ice Climbers, Simon Belmont
+ "everyone is coming back from Smash WiiU/3DS"
+ Mimikyu is not the Gen 7 Pokemon.
- Simon's reveal would coincide with the reveal of two Castlevania games: a new entry and a classic compilation
- Donkey Kong isn't getting any new reps on Day 1/at launch (to be fair on this, he never said this one publicly)

Unconfirmed
>Minecraft may have representation, as a stage/assist trophy.
>Isabelle (Echo, not Unique)
>There is a Gen 7 rep that is not Decidueye or Lycanroc (One source straight up claiming it's Incineroar)
>After the E3 reveal, there are at least half a dozen characters left to reveal, unsure of whether that includes echos or not

Loz18

+ All characters from past games will be playable
+ You now pick stage before characters
+ Ganondorf has OOT model and uses his sword for some attacks now
+ Accurately revealed Inkling's moveset
+ Link's bombs changed to bomb rune
+ Zelda's model based on ALBW
+ Smash direct in August showing menu screen and options, tournament mode
+ Vergeben's source about no new DK rep was incorrect (he also did say separately that King K Rool was in)
- August Smash direct will show three modes besides All-Star mode (if you count Tournament mode we only saw 2, with Classic being the other). The new mode will be revealed and be the primary way to unlock characters

Unconfirmed
>There's interesting information in the backgrounds of the fighters and art on official Smash Bros website
>Nintendo is using the newcomers as a way to promote other games in their respective franchises, looking specifically at Switch releases in the next 6-12 months
>Skull Kid is in
>The main theme of the game is Heroes vs. Villains
>Tweet that Isaac might be in
>Recently said that Dixie was highly likely.

We also have the NeoGaf Leak
The OG one with

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

As for the 5 who are based on other fighters I could also just get the name of 3 of them:

- Chrom based on Roy (appearently with other effects than flames?)
- Soren (I don't know about any changes but he willl be based on Robin)
- Ken ( Based on Ryu with Flame effects)
- X
- X

- The Fire Emblem Series won't receive any newcomers but 2 who are based on existing fighters
- The Legend of Zelda Series won't receive any newcomers
- The Pokemon Series won't receive any newcomers
- Something about an addition to Cloud was mentioned, though I don't know for now if it's gonna be another Final Fantasy character or some other Square Enix character

With this leak
Soren could be possible since the Black Knight is now missing from Ike's FE stage

Which means he could be a boss and they could be giving Robin and Echo (Which would ****ing blow my mind)

So the big 3 leaks

Not counting the datamine one, but from my info with people who work at NOA saying that it didn't happen and it was luck guess this is all the info we have.

So with all the cards on the table that is the info we have now.
Where did Loz18 say Dixie was likely? Also that sounds more like a prediction than a leak.

Top Bottom