• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Gardevoir is still one of the more popular pokemon, lol. Even part of the base roster for Pokken.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
The main reason people are paying attention to it is due to it coming out before/around the e3 presentation and claims to have gotten their info straight from the demo code. So far nothing they've stated they found has been wrong plus the fact that they claimed Richter was playable adds more credibility to them. We just have to wait and see.
Richter but not Simon. Also do we forget the K.Rool . Simon Isaac Leak again? nothing wrong in this leak. I bet that nintendo doesnt make the mistake again to not check their demo code and assets...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The main reason I don't buy that leak is that they said that Richter was in INSTEAD of Simon.

It makes it sound like it was just someone who didn't think Simon deserved to be the rep for Castlevania and got lucky picking their favourite Belmont, Richter.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The main reason I don't buy that leak is that they said that Richter was in INSTEAD of Simon.

It makes it sound like it was just someone who didn't think Simon deserved to be the rep for Castlevania and got lucky picking their favourite Belmont, Richter.
You both put the finger on the 2 biggest critiques about the leak. I do think it's a problem for it, but it's still possible.
The code could still be an overlook by them, it's happened in the past for patches and stuff.
And it's possible he thought it was Richter instead of Simon because Richter was designed first and then later decided to be considered the echo instead. All stuff talked about in other threads btw. But just thought I'd bring it up here before I'm off.

Laterss.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really want to know where Isaac's popularity stands outside of Smashboards more than anything. There's a particular atmosphere here that tells me that Isaac is always at the front of peoples minds here. I just want to know if it's that way anywhere else.
I don't think it's that big, but I think it's been around so long that it just makes sense.

It's been a constant Tier 2 level demand, but I think with Ridley, Simon, K. Rool and Inklings off the table the demand for Isaac is getting louder and louder.

Like... Isaac is retro now... and there aren't many viable "retro" characters left to want in the game in regards to original moveset characters.

In regards to Nintendo-owned characters, it is essentially down to Isaac and Dixie Kong (arguably an Echo Fighter candidate), with maybe an outside chance of Paper Mario.

I don't think I am legit missing any Nintendo-owned character in that.

StormC

Smash Hero
In regards to Nintendo-owned characters, it is essentially down to Isaac and Dixie Kong (arguably an Echo Fighter candidate), with maybe an outside chance of Paper Mario.

Bandana Dee, who is the most popular character in Japan after K. Rool.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Geno made the top 10 of Tumblr's third party poll.

But yeah, Geno wasn't really that dominant during the ballot. His fanbase was at its biggest during the Brawl era.
Well yea but I’m sure there’s still quite a bit of votes for him anyway though since the fans knew they could vote for who they wanted

And they doing a few unofficial smash ballots now so they are going to see Geno votes off the charts since it was after Sakurai came clean that he wants Geno playable

SirCamp

Smash Ace
it doesnt even make sense to include Gardevoir....
I'm not going to say Gardevoir is super likely, but before you write her off consider that around the time of the ballot she had recently gained the fairy typing, was one of the first Pokemon to get a mega evolution, and was also the signature Pokemon of that generations champion, she was set to appear in Pokken Tournament, generation 3 remakes had just come out, and she is supposedly very popular in Japan. She was actually quite prominent as far as Pokemon go at the time of the ballot, so I would not be surprised if she did quite well. And the ballot appears to be very influential this time around. SO yes, she seems pretty random some years later you have to consider the context a bit.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh hey, another moderator.
Uh, yeah mate. I've been around the Isaac Supporters for as long as I've been here. Welcome to the Boards by the way.
I don't think it's that big, but I think it's been around so long that it just makes sense.

It's been a constant Tier 2 level demand, but I think with Ridley, Simon, K. Rool and Inklings off the table the demand for Isaac is getting louder and louder.

Like... Isaac is retro now... and there aren't many viable "retro" characters left to want in the game in regards to original moveset characters.

I mean there is.
Bandana Dee, who is the most popular character in Japan after K. Rool.
Other than that though, yeah. Isaac is the next 1st party that hasn't been confirmed, or dis-confirmed, besides Dee that even stands a remote chance and has the popularity to back the reveal. If there are four new characters I think they'll be Isaac, Bandanna Dee, Geno, and... Incineroar maybe, or Skull Kid?

Either way, I have high hopes for this game. This may finally be the game we get him. If not I won't be devastated because all the great things we've gotten and will get.

Edit: I also don't see the leak being all that likely. Ridley and K. Rool was on everybody's radar and Richter was probably a lucky guess considering he said "Instead of" despite all the echoes being labeled as Echoes that was probably piggybacking off of Vergeben. Yeah, I think the leak is fake.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I'm really starting to think this may be Isaac's game. He really is the next biggest 1st party protagonist that is from an unrepresented franchise that has the popular to be merit inclusion. I don't want to get my hopes up, but honestly games com couldn't come soon enough (I just hope we don't end up with the same fate as Ashley).

Well, Rhythm heaven is first party !
Oh right, those guys too. Chorus Kids or Karate Joe also good possibilities. I'm down with RH getting some love.

Last edited:

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
The main reason people are paying attention to it is due to it coming out before/around the e3 presentation and claims to have gotten their info straight from the demo code. So far nothing they've stated they found has been wrong plus the fact that they claimed Richter was playable adds more credibility to them. We just have to wait and see.

As far as I’m concerned, that leak was dead in the water when it predicted Richter without any mention of Simon. It claimed that echoes were grouped with the character they’re echoing, and so they should have known if Simon was in.

I can’t see Sakurai adding Gothitelle even as an echo, as she’s maybe one of the most forgettable Pokemon out there. It just doesn’t seem very “Sakurai” of him to do that.

Also, sneaking away a Switch to datamine without anyone noticing is BS if you ask me. Sounds like the “leaker” watched a few too many spy movies.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Also, sneaking away a Switch to datamine without anyone noticing is BS if you ask me. Sounds like the “leaker” watched a few too many spy movies.
TBH, I would totally watch that spy movie because that actually sounds like it could be hilarious.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
As far as I’m concerned, that leak was dead in the water when it predicted Richter without any mention of Simon. It claimed that echoes were grouped with the character they’re echoing, and so they should have known if Simon was in.

I can’t see Sakurai adding Gothitelle even as an echo, as she’s maybe one of the most forgettable Pokemon out there. It just doesn’t seem very “Sakurai” of him to do that.

Yeah I don't understand Gothitelle either. I don't dislike her (I actually used her on my Pokemon Black team) but I doubt she would have had any popularity on the ballot. I feel like there are other potential echoes that Sakurai would have given priority towards before even considering Gothitelle. Echoes are easier to create sure, but I'd imagine they still have to be weighed against each other when it comes to which ones are worth putting development time into. It's not just going to be a free for all.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This post nails it on the head.

We just got to wait and see. If we get Gardevoir, I think that leak is confirmed real.

HOWEVER, that leak is super small and barely contains any new info... but that's most of these"not disproven" leaks/leakers right now for you.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just checking Gothitelle's Bulbapedia page and it can only learn one Fairy type move. (Charm) It won't be Moonblasting like Gardevoir at any rate.

I guess that's not strictly a problem since Sakurai could do whatever he wanted. Are there any Pokemon that are already in Smash Bros that use moves they can't learn in the original games?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
With all these characters, you know what would be the biggest plot twist of it all? Shadow NOT as an echo but as a completely new character.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Guys, can . I say something about the datamine leak.

As I said before knowing people who work at NOA the switches at events are under heavy servalance.
No one is able to steal a switch, datamine it and put it back without NOA finding out.

No one at NOA has been fired due to a data leak, in addtion, if Richter was datamined then simon would have been there also.

I understand, people think it's real, but it is not.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

As I said before knowing people who work at NOA the switches at events are under heavy servalance.
No one is able to steal a switch, datamine it and put it back without NOA finding out.

No one at NOA has been fired due to a data leak, in addtion, if Richter was datamined then simon would have been there also.

Sucks because people will always assume there's a breach but after all their content was leaked from brawl and smash 4 you'd assume they'd actually, you know, tighten security. Which they did.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think they have, but I know little to nothing about gamescom lol

Assuming they were to announce a fighter there, it's being held in Germany right? It would seem like a good place to announce Isaac since a big portion of his fanbase is based in europe
He is pretty popular in Germany too. :)

I'm not sure if they would outright reveal a trailer at Gamescom. It's more likely they would just announce a date for a trailer reveal at Gamescom. If they revealed anything at all.

Isn't that what they did for the last direct? It was announced at some event.
Was it revealed at an event? Huh. But why would they reveal one so soon?

If i recall correctly, an Arms character (Lola pop I think) was revealed in Gamescom… They could do it for Smash to, is what i would like to believe.
Oh yeah....ARMS....

Nintendo really needs to make better names for a fighting game.

I hear a lot about Golden Sun being popular in Italy/Spain. Is it also popular in Germany?
AGain, yees.

Uh, yeah mate. I've been around the Isaac Supporters for as long as I've been here. Welcome to the Boards by the way.

I mean there is.

Other than that though, yeah. Isaac is the next 1st party that hasn't been confirmed, or dis-confirmed, besides Dee that even stands a remote chance and has the popularity to back the reveal. If there are four new characters I think they'll be Isaac, Bandanna Dee, Geno, and... Incineroar maybe, or Skull Kid?

Either way, I have high hopes for this game. This may finally be the game we get him. If not I won't be devastated because all the great things we've gotten and will get.

Edit: I also don't see the leak being all that likely. Ridley and K. Rool was on everybody's radar and Richter was probably a lucky guess considering he said "Instead of" despite all the echoes being labeled as Echoes that was probably piggybacking off of Vergeben. Yeah, I think the leak is fake.
Yeah, i won't be disappointed if he isn't a fighter. as long as he is in the game, i'm fine. ^^

But yeah, i'm starting to get higher and higher hopes for isaac. ^^
Well, Rhythm heaven is first party !
So is S&P, Custom Robo, AW, Starfy, and Chibi-robo.-

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

That's another thing that really baffles me about that leak, how on earth would they have even managed to get their hands on the demo code in the first place? It sounds very unrealistic, almost on par with the "my uncle works at Nintendo" leaks.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
To clarify for everyone here, Golden Sun and Isaac are popular basically everywhere in Europe, including Germany and France. Isaac has also seemed to be pretty popular in Central and South America from what I can tell.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Stealing a Nintendo Switch to datamine Smash sounds like something out of an Ocean’s 11 movie. The fact that people are humoring this is laughable.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
To clarify for everyone here, Golden Sun and Isaac are popular basically everywhere in Europe, including Germany and France. Isaac has also seemed to be pretty popular in Central and South America from what I can tell.
South america and brazil?

I'm guessing more people around the world know about him more than i thought.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I was just checking Gothitelle's Bulbapedia page and it can only learn one Fairy type move. (Charm) It won't be Moonblasting like Gardevoir at any rate.

I guess that's not strictly a problem since Sakurai could do whatever he wanted. Are there any Pokemon that are already in Smash Bros that use moves they can't learn in the original games?
Pikachu and Pichu were unable to learn Skull Bash until Gen VII (though they could learn it Gen I)
Thunder Jolt doesn't exist in the Games (though it was on the original Pikachu card)
Pichu can't learn Agility but Pikachu can
Mewtwo can only learn Teleport in Gen I

That's what I've found

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
If you were willing to take the risk to leak, you'd think you'd leave out information about how you obtained said information so you couldn't be tracked down but I digress. So far all the echoes have had some significant requests and popularity. Even the speculated echoes Isabelle and Shadow fit that category. Of course it also banks on Gardevoir getting in over a gen 7 rep, if Pokemon gets any newcomers at all that is.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Stealing a Nintendo Switch to datamine Smash sounds like something out of an Ocean’s 11 movie. The fact that people are humoring this is laughable.
I haven’t seen this leak yet, but if someone were to hypothetically do this, wouldn’t it be likely that not all the characters would be on a demo build anyways?

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Isaac is the only character I've ever been hyped or excited for inclusion. My reaction for most newcomers is typically surprise and some happiness for their supporters and sometimes looking forward to playing with them. Our Golden boy has been my only real desire though, so it would be the first time my reaction would be exploding with joy if it happens. I don't know, Golden Sun is one of the very few games I've ever made a real connection with that deeply to care. There's also a sense that you want them to be in to share the character and its universe with others. It's too good to be contained to being some forgotten niche JRPG that people complain is too wordy.
I'm the exact same way. Isaac's been my only wanted character since Brawl. Every character reveal I've been happy for on behalf of others that have wanted them, or they seem like an addition that made sense and is sorta cool. But Isaac? That's my heart right there. I don't react to things the way you see people do on youtube, but if Isaac gets a fighter reveal, I'm gonna scream with pure joy like I've never done before (unless they somehow really mess him up, but I trust Sakurai to do him right).

If Isaac gets in, I am worried a bit about his voice. I don't think Treehouse/NoE/NCL is going to put much care into his casting unless Nintendo is already planning more for Golden Sun's future. I think I'd rather Isaac don't talk and just grunt with a male japanese voice, similar to Link if Nintendo is not gonna go the extra mile to get a great voice for him.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is interesting. It seems kind of hard to imagine Golden Sun being a big deal somewhere though.

I wonder if those countries will pull through for Isaac and Golden Sun in terms of the ballot. Here's hoping!

James Tutumbero

Smash Rookie
With all these characters, you know what would be the biggest plot twist of it all? Shadow NOT as an echo but as a completely new character.
That would be really cool, but being an echo makes more sense

I'm from France and Golden sun is definitely known as a GBA gem here, at least among gamers.
Here in Spain he's surprisingly popular too. I'm discovering that some of my friends played Golden Sun in its days, which is something I didn't know.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because of the odd choices.

Like I said, I hardly think anyone knows any info on the new characters. If they did, at this point in time they will have the whole roster.

SOV came out last year. Celica was less relevant then Soren. With SOV and Heroes she got popular again. Unless you are a hardcore FE fan and played FE2 no one gave her any love.
Echo Fighters can be made later in development, though. Celica is absolutely possible because of this reason. They're very easy additions. We didn't even know about Smash Switch until March. Given how easy Echoes are, Celica could've been planned

Well Chrom makes more sense as a Ike echo... but he is Roy's echo... so Sakurai likes to change who is echo of who in FE case XD
Its a really weird situation. In all actuality, Chrom does make more sense as a Roy Echo. Lucina was taught to fight by Chrom, they have the same class and weapon, and he's a stronger but slower version of Lucina. If they fight mostly the same in Awakening, they should fight mostly the same in Smash as well.

The problem is that Lucina's stance is different from Chrom's, and his overall build fits Ike better. Build-wise, he looks closer to Ike, and again, his fighting stance is way different from Lucina's even though they're supposed to fight in the same way canonically (which as far as I can tell, they really don't).

The reason most people speculated Chrom as an Ike Echo is really due to originality, though. Roy is already pretty close to Marth, it just makes more sense to go with Ike, and Ike's build fits Chrom better as well. However, people have definitely speculated before that Chrom should probably be closer to Marth because of Lucina, so Roy isn't as hard of a guess as people are making it out to be.

I'm from France and Golden sun is definitely known as a GBA gem here, at least among gamers.
That would be really cool, but being an echo makes more sense

Here in Spain he's surprisingly popular too. I'm discovering that some of my friends played Golden Sun in its days, which is something I didn't know.
Golden Sun sold about 1.6m copies worldwide. Its definitely not that niche. Lost Age was around 1.1m as well. Do recall that even selling 1m copies is considered a strong milestone. Fire Emblem never did so until Awakening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Game_Boy_Advance_video_games

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
i dont want to sound mean again... but do people seriously believe a leak where gothitelle is a playable character?
I think the problem with Gothitelle is that she's not very popular in the smash community but a shadow tag/trick Gothitelle is very usefull in the pokemon competitive game.

I can see her happen, Sakurai likes that weird choices like rob or wii fit trainer. And maybe is a way to represent all the pokemon generations.

I mean, I don't believe the leak is true, but I won't be surprise if she and Gardevoir get in. I would understand i think

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know if it would work in Smash, but I'd love a remix of this track.

Or maybe a remix of the original world map theme of Golden Sun.

D

Deleted member

Geno made the top 10 of Tumblr's third party poll.

But yeah, Geno wasn't really that dominant during the ballot. His fanbase was at its biggest during the Brawl era.
Goku being ninth bothers me.

Top Bottom