• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Man, just imagine getting like 30 Golden Sun songs. I know it's highly unlikely, and I don't really expect us to get a stage at all, but just imagine the possibilities. They would literally not have to remix or arrange any song and just put the original songs from the games on there and a ****ton of people, me included, would probably never get tired of them.

Especially Venus Lighthouse & Guardian of the Stone Tablet.

D

Deleted member

I mean, it's kinda a meme at this point and has been a meme for years.
I know, but I'm always going to be a purist about Smash. The way I react about Goku is the same as Sora.

The problem is with Goku, people aren't doing it to be memetic, but rather that they actually want him in Smash Bros..

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I know, but I'm always going to be a purist about Smash. The way I react about Goku is the same as Sora.

The problem is with Goku, people aren't doing it to be memetic, but rather that they actually want him in Smash Bros..
I mean, I honestly wouldn't mind too much having Goku in if it meant that he wasn't getting in over other characters that are more deserving.

And there are A LOT of characters more deserving.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
This remix of the Forest song played with a live flute sounds great!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Gardevoir would be an interesting addition. I really like that Pokemon myself, or really the whole Ralts line. I guess I can see Sakurai's rational behind the pick if she did get in, she is pretty popular. The Gothitelle pick has me scratching my head a bit. Even with the ease of including her as an echo, there doesn't seem like any reason to include her. I guess yeah, she allows for each generation to be repped if and only if a gen 7 rep gets in but that would mean 3 new Pokemon reps + returning Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur. I really can't see it happening. The only other possibility I can think of is that Sakurai looked at the newcomers and thought we needed more feminine representation. Right now it's pretty macho. And when Isaac and Felix get in it just gets more macho.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Golden Sun is definitely and without a doubt popular and liked in Europe. Living in Switzerland I bought the first one in Spain after seeing mf family and the man of the shop told me it had sold a lot of GS games and that it had only one last copy of GS1 because the seconde was going to be released very soon. So yeah I discovered Golden Sun in Spanish my mother tongue and really loved Hans and company :)

Anyways having a reveal at Gamescom seems possible, but I do prefer a reveal in a September direct ^^

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Golden Sun is definitely and without a doubt popular and liked in Europe. Living in Switzerland I bought the first one in Spain after seeing mf family and the man of the shop told me it had sold a lot of GS games and that it had only one last copy of GS1 because the seconde was going to be released very soon. So yeah I discovered Golden Sun in Spanish my mother tongue and really loved Hans and company :)

Anyways having a reveal at Gamescom seems possible, but I do prefer a reveal in a September direct ^^
Dang, is he actually THAT popular in europe?

I didnt know.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae

I didnt know.
Well forgot to mention it was back when I was a kid xD and the store himself was not a big one if I recall well. But I definitely remember the official magazine of Nintendo available each month which I bought since I was 6 (and still ask my parents to buy it each year when they go in Spain for holidays even now) they gave GS1 a note of 91/100 saying it was definitely one of the bests GBA games ever so yes. GS was popular in Spain back then :)

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I remember this crazy commercial with the dragon chandelier in the opera, that's what got me to buy the game when I was a kid, there was no test on the internet and stuff like that at the time, had to rely on these commercials and box art. And omg this one was very misleading haha but it's ok since the game was awesome anyway.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I am latin and I can give faith GS and Isaac are very loved around here. I am Venezuelan where the game was a hit and now I am living in Mexico and definitely a lot of people here voted for Isaac on the ballot repeatedly (including me)

Machete

Smash Ace

I didnt know.
I'm from Spain, and purely from a personal point of view, I have a lot of real life friends who have been talking about Isaac/Hans since Brawl. It was never the hugest game, naturally, but I saw a ton of Golden Sun ads back in the day. Like, almost everyone I know who had a GBA was at least familiar with Golden Sun.

Just here to give you my support, Isaacfriends. I never played the games, but I know a lot of people who do, and Isaac fans were suffering with us Ridley and K.Rool fans back in Brawl, so I really hope you get your golden boy. With Midna sadly out and Dixie probably an echo, I will be hoping for the next reveal trailer to be Isaac's. Lord knows you guys have gone through enough.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'm from Spain, and purely from a personal point of view, I have a lot of real life friends who have been talking about Isaac/Hans since Brawl. It was never the hugest game, naturally, but I saw a ton of Golden Sun ads back in the day. Like, almost everyone I know who had a GBA was at least familiar with Golden Sun.
So his name is Hans in spain ? It's Vlad in France, I wander why they changed his name so much, Isaac is perfectly fine.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I remember this crazy commercial with the dragon chandelier in the opera, that's what got me to buy the game when I was a kid, there was no test on the internet and stuff like that at the time, had to rely on these commercials and box art. And omg this one was very misleading haha but it's ok since the game was awesome anyway.
Have you ever seen the Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword) US trailer? Its so ridiculous and has nothing to do with FE either, but Dorcas (a relatively minor character) is referenced in the trailer and he became a meme because of it. Then when he got added to Fire Emblem Heroes, they added references to that trailer (and even gave him a more realistic art style in his images because of the live action trailer, its super weird).

If you've ever heard of "poisoned mutton" or "trust nobody", both originate from that trailer. They even have Dorcas say the line "Trust Nobody", and he also can reference having "had some bad mutton this morning, but otherwise I'm fine".

Similarly, Dark Dawn also referenced the original US trailer as well by adding that chandelier dragon as an actual summon (its the only new summon).

http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Crystallux

Its pretty neat when Nintendo is meta about their weird advertisements. There was a really weird DKC3 one as well.

So his name is Hans in spain ? It's Vlad in France, I wander why they changed his name so much, Isaac is perfectly fine.
Robin in Japan. But no worries, it won't intersect with FE Robin because FE Robin's Japanese name is Reflet.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It seems like a lot of people here and elsewhere on the internet that support Isaac are indeed European. He is definitely among the most highly requested characters there, I have no doubt about that.

Also, I saw a post on the Lloyd thread mentioning a theory that the Black Knight would be an Ike echo, since Chrom is a Roy echo and the Black Knight is no longer on the Castle Siege stage. This would line up further with that rivals theme, which makes me think that if Isaac gets in, Felix will definitely be his echo if he has one.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I could definitely see them going with Karagol see. They used it in the Dark Dawn trailers
Damn I remember that trailer.. I literally scream like a crazy guy at home my mom thought I had a bad news or I hurted myself with something and when she realized what was the cause of this noise she facepalmed herself xDD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, just imagine getting like 30 Golden Sun songs. I know it's highly unlikely, and I don't really expect us to get a stage at all, but just imagine the possibilities. They would literally not have to remix or arrange any song and just put the original songs from the games on there and a ****ton of people, me included, would probably never get tired of them.

Especially Venus Lighthouse & Guardian of the Stone Tablet.
If we get Isaac, please don't expect anything more than a dozen songs (featuring the 2 returning songs from Brawl and Smash 4).

One reason Castlevania got 34 songs and Street Fighter got 36 is those franchises have had over a dozen entries. Golden Sun only had 3.

Machete

Smash Ace
Localization is weird. When I started joining speculation threads back during Brawl, I remember being very confused as to why Isaac seemed to get all the Golden Sun support whereas Hans wasn't getting any. Then I learned they were one and the same. But funnily enough, I am fairly sure Felix was the same.

So I have to ask, since Ridley and K.Rool's movesets ended up looking so much like most fan movesets, is there some sort of consensus as far as how Isaac would play? I've always heard a lot about Golden Sun's djinns but then he also has earthbending and anime swordfighting, and then he had that giant hand thing in Brawl, and it seems like everyone has their own ideas as to how he should be. And everyone likes that giant... knight thing for his Final Smash, which is pretty cool. That list in the first page is huge and pretty cool, but is there anything that is seen as a "well yeah this has to be in for sure"?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
If we get Isaac, please don't expect anything more than a dozen songs (featuring the 2 returning songs from Brawl and Smash 4).

One reason Castlevania got 34 songs and Street Fighter got 36 is those franchises have had over a dozen entries. Golden Sun only had 3.
Oh yeah obviously. Doesn't hurt to dream every once in a while though, imagining things like that can help keep your mind off the brutal wait for more information. I agree though, we would likely get 15-20 at most. That is if we're even lucky enough to get a stage alongside our Golden Boy, which is unlikely enough as it is.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Re-listening to the Dark Dawn soundtrack, there are a lotta songs that would work well in Smash.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Re-listening to the Dark Dawn soundtrack, there are a lotta songs that would work well in Smash.
You are bringing back some good memories for this game i never thought much about DD soundtrack but my god is it great i love these

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Localization is weird. When I started joining speculation threads back during Brawl, I remember being very confused as to why Isaac seemed to get all the Golden Sun support whereas Hans wasn't getting any. Then I learned they were one and the same. But funnily enough, I am fairly sure Felix was the same.
In case you're curious Felix was actually renamed Pavel in the french version. In fact this goes for the majority of the cast.
Robin is also called Daraen in our french FE and Smash versions.

Machete

Smash Ace
In case you're curious Felix was actually renamed Pavel in the french version. In fact this goes for the majority of the cast.
Robin is also called Daraen in our french FE and Smash versions.
Daraen in Spain as well. That at least makes it consistent across European countries.

The thing with Robin being Isaac's name in Japan will never cease to amuse me. If Isaac was in Smash it'd almost be a Bison-Vega-Balrog situation.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
"Here's nine."
Sakuraba always has a very distinct style, but I swear to god "To The Light" (the last one) could have been pulled straight out of Valkyrie Profile.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Ahem.... So tin foil hat time.

Isaac, Skull Kid and Geno will be revealed in the next big Smash Direct.

Ok so I use “will” loosely. But here’s my crazy reasoning.

Sun: Isaac
Moon: Skull Kid
Stars: Geno

... it’s probably nothing... right?

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

Well the chairs mean that Waluigi's in the game, so this is sound reasoning

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

Stars could also refer to bandana dee but I would definitely prefer geno.

This scenario would be too perfect for Nintendo, they wouldn't do it :p

DogManStar

Smash Ace

I like this theory, people have said something along those lines a few times now. I don't really buy into patterns being indicative of the next character, but if this was the case, it would definitely make sense.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

That's actually better than most reasonings. I like it.

Top Bottom