• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I can certainly say there's this feeling of strangely being at the top looking down. For the longest time, other characters have been at the top of that mountain and Isaac has been several tiers back for their time to shine. All we're waiting for now, is for it to just happen. I've said it before, it's a small pool to choose from anymore to get quality choices for characters. Basically pick five names out of a hat with five names in it, except it's more like three names.

That's the main reason as to why it just wouldn't make sense to me this go-around if he's not in. Most of our competition is already dis-confirmed or the ones that were sitting above us (K. Rool and Ridley) are in the game as we speak. Our steadfast popularity just speaks volumes. To me, it's not that we've been #1 every single time, but we've not dropped past #20 in any poll I've ever seen, and we're very often top ten. All the way up to current times when a lot of polling has us top 3 and #1 in quite a few as well. Everyone better be here, Sakurai.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is huge if true ! Don't know if we should expect a character reveal but nintendo news is always nice. (Luigi's mansion 3 please)
I feel like this would be an obvious place to reveal Shantae if she's playable. Though it's probably most reasonable not to expect any Smash reveals in an indie direct at all.

I'm kinda doubting this though, that would mean the direct is in like 10 minutes. :p

That's right isn't it? They said 1pm bst.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
It's likely a Nindies Direct as there a lot (and I mean a lot) of Nindies saying they have announcements at 1pm. Unless it's Shantae I wouldn't expect a Smash reveal today (unless this is a MASSIVE direct)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's likely a Nindies Direct as there a lot (and I mean a lot) of Nindies saying they have announcements at 1pm. Unless it's Shantae I wouldn't expect a Smash reveal today (unless this is a MASSIVE direct)
Wouldn't the Nintendo Youtube channel already have a direct video up at this point?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Darn, to think my work vacation just ended. At least I'll be back by 1:15 at the least.

Yeah, I can certainly say there's this feeling of strangely being at the top looking down. For the longest time, other characters have been at the top of that mountain and Isaac has been several tiers back for their time to shine. All we're waiting for now, is for it to just happen. I've said it before, it's a small pool to choose from anymore to get quality choices for characters. Basically pick five names out of a hat with five names in it, except it's more like three names.

That's the main reason as to why it just wouldn't make sense to me this go-around if he's not in. Most of our competition is already dis-confirmed or the ones that were sitting above us (K. Rool and Ridley) are in the game as we speak. Our steadfast popularity just speaks volumes. To me, it's not that we've been #1 every single time, but we've not dropped past #20 in any poll I've ever seen, and we're very often top ten. All the way up to current times when a lot of polling has us top 3 and #1 in quite a few as well. Everyone better be here, Sakurai.
Yeah man, the biggest names are almost all in, from this point onwards focus will shift towards the B-listers of the Nintendo and third-party libraries, and that'll be an interesting time. I hope there's just at least 10 characters taken out by then, and not a full-on reboot...

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Wouldn't the Nintendo Youtube channel already have a direct video up at this point?
Nah there are a few Directs/Nindie Showcases where they just shadow-drop it.

Ignoring the massive "Reset the Clock" for January's Direct, that would have been a shadow-drop too

EDIT: Spot on. It's a Nindie Direct

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
What if Isaac only appears as an Assist Trophy and there's another Smash Ballot for DLC? Is the plan still to vote for him regardless? Personally I think we should even if it would be useless. Continued demand would be important for the next entry, right?
We vote for Felix or Matthew lol, we have options for main characters.
Not to mention why would Sakurai go through Brawl assets to put in extra work to upgrade an old assist to Ultimate graphics when he can simply just port one of the many ones from 4? There's a reason why some characters have managed to get hit with the assist trophy bomb over the course of three games (Brawl, 4, Ultimate). Despite Lyn's popularity, she's still an assist trophy.

We have like what, two characters that went from assist to playable so far? Little Mac and Dark Samus? If Sakurai's touching Isaac's model at all, it's to make him playable. Though I won't say I'll eat my shoe or sell my house or anything if he doesn't make it cause that's silly lol.

I also fear for an assist as it means death in more ways than one. First, not being able to get in as DLC. And two, the next Smash game will likely just port over his Ultimate assist like all the other popular characters who are still assists. Not to mention by the time the next Smash game rolls around, I'll be well into my 30s and I kind of want to get off this wild train now lol.
We would get a new model, kinda like how Roy got revampped, Isaac would have a smash loo

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

We would get a new model, kinda like how Roy got revampped, Isaac would have a smash loo
I mean, what would the new model look like?

(Because I hope it's better than the smashified model...that legit looks terrifying.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So I just discovered something. The Crystallux summon in Dark Dawn is actually based on a dragon chandelier that appeared in the original Golden Sun ad.

I don't think I ever saw this ad back in the day. It makes absolutely no sense but it's still pretty cool.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
So I just discovered something. The Crystallux summon in Dark Dawn is actually based on a dragon chandelier that appeared in the original Golden Sun ad.

I don't think I ever saw this ad back in the day. It makes absolutely no sense but it's still pretty cool.
Yep it was nice of Camelot remembering an American advertisement considering they are a Japanese studio!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

I've seen the ad before so I knew about this neat little historical piece. There's another layer to it though; it's not as much an ad about Golden Sun as it is about the Game Boy Advance. The entire video is basically reiterating what the GBA taglines are at the end. It's something a lot of people actually forget - Golden Sun was used as promotional material for the entire system. I believe it was on the boxart for the GBA and I think TLA was also on the boxart for GBA SP. And as we can see here, it was used as promotional material as a TV ad for the console as well.

How do we go from being plastered all over Nintendo promotional material to now? When people don't understand that GS is an important franchise or they're too young, you basically have to show them this as proof. We're not pulling the popularity out of oblivion when we say so.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I've seen the ad before so I knew about this neat little historical piece. There's another layer to it though; it's not as much an ad about Golden Sun as it is about the Game Boy Advance. The entire video is basically reiterating what the GBA taglines are at the end. It's something a lot of people actually forget - Golden Sun was used as promotional material for the entire system. I believe it was on the boxart for the GBA and I think TLA was also on the boxart for GBA SP. And as we can see here, it was used as promotional material as a TV ad for the console as well.

How do we go from being plastered all over Nintendo promotional material to now? When people don't understand that GS is an important franchise or they're too young, you basically have to show them this as proof. We're not pulling the popularity out of oblivion when we say so.
You see, now I understand why Dark Dawn flopped.

Because Nintendo didn't advertise it at launch with its system.

Dark Dawn on the 3DS could've been better sales wise.-

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
You see, now I understand why Dark Dawn flopped.

Because Nintendo didn't advertise it at launch with its system.

Dark Dawn on the 3DS could've been better sales wise.-
Of course it would of, it would have been the only JRPG on the system and JRPGs sell fantastically on the handhelds.

With that knowledge, it's clear Nintendo's lack of marketing was why Dark Dawn flopped.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they had at least one character reveal trailer at the end of the Nindies Direct. And IF Shantee is in, it would be a perfect opportunity to do so for several reasons. But who knows?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they had at least one character reveal trailer at the end of the Nindies Direct. And IF Shantee is in, it would be a perfect opportunity to do so for several reasons. But who knows?
The nindies direct came and went.

Wasn't too terribly exciting. :/

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Sakurai mentioned that he changed up Roy because he felt his Melee look was outdated lol.

I don't know if Isaac will get that drastic of a change, especially since he'd be a new series rep and from an older era. Maybe a few touch ups I could see bit I wasn't really a big fan of Roy's new look.

Edit: Eh, then again, I'm one of the ones who like Matthew's look a tad more.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

ferioku

Smash Ace
Id love Isaacs and Saturous battle theme. Also Vale will sound nice but I'm not sure if Vale would fit in =O.

Just had some weird damned dream that Isaac made it in to smash, he basically had to get some golden key from jack sparrow (which I found odd) and then he used it to get into smash LOOOL.

I think an awesome way to demonstrate Isaac's reveal is with Master Hand definitely, but anything will do at this point. xD

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Love all the attention Isaac is getting. There are still people getting introduced to Golden Sun because of this which is exciting to think about

James Tutumbero

Smash Rookie
Id love Isaacs and Saturous battle theme. Also Vale will sound nice but I'm not sure if Vale would fit in =O.

Just had some weird damned dream that Isaac made it in to smash, he basically had to get some golden key from jack sparrow (which I found odd) and then he used it to get into smash LOOOL.

I think an awesome way to demonstrate Isaac's reveal is with Master Hand definitely, but anything will do at this point. xD
It would be actually pretty neat to show Isaac fighting Master Hand since we haven't seen his boss fight yet
Edit: grammar mistake lol

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Love all the attention Isaac is getting. There are still people getting introduced to Golden Sun because of this which is exciting to think about
I'm happy that Golden Sun is getting the exposure it DESERVES!
A lot of fans from other games e.g. K.Rool fans and Simon Belmot fans seem to be supporting Isaac. So if Isaac isn't an assist trophy in this game I will say that he will certainly become playable one way or another, be it a starting roster or a future DLC. Sakurai has nothing to lose from adding him and will only gain more popularity!

I also think that another company should work on Golden Sun, maybe even Monolith Soft and some of the employees tat work for the first two Golden Sun Games. This is because I feel that Camelot do know that there is a massive fan outcry but they are just strictly being lazy - I don't like Mario Sports thank you very much =D!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac would definitely get a new model. The Brawl AT models were notoriously more blocky and low quality than playable characters.

I agree that I don't much care for the Smashified design. It doesn't look like Isaac to me. Not to put down the talent of that team.

I have no idea who did this model, but it looks a lot more like how I'd envision Isaac looking in Smash.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Isaac would definitely get a new model. The Brawl AT models were notoriously more blocky and low quality than playable characters.

I agree that I don't much care for the Smashified design. It doesn't look like Isaac to me. Not to put down the talent of that team.

I have no idea who did this model, but it looks a lot more like how I'd envision Isaac looking in Smash.

I actually quite like his Smashified, maybe it's the fact that it's one of the ones that they put most of their effort into - but yeah to each there own right?=D

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Idk. It still has that creepy vibe to it. *shudders*

Also, if anyone wants to talk about tracks that need remixing, it's this one!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

I'm the one who made the splash screen haha. The model is by Smashified but NibrocRoc touched it up and reposed him. I felt like Nibroc's version fit Ultimate's style the best so that's why I went with it

Top Bottom