• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Man, Golden Sun is probably the only series where the main theme is enough to give me goosebumps. Dark Dawn had some legit good songs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I just discovered something. The Crystallux summon in Dark Dawn is actually based on a dragon chandelier that appeared in the original Golden Sun ad.

I don't think I ever saw this ad back in the day. It makes absolutely no sense but it's still pretty cool.
I remember seeing those ads all the time, but they were often abridged to showcase some of the other games that were out, including Wario Land 4, since they would try maximize their profit margin with that ad.

You rarely, if ever, see ads that long for 3 seconds of footage these days.

Oh, wait...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
What I personally would like to see is Isaac in his original outfit, Matthew as an alt costume, and Felix as Isaac's Echo Fighter. That, in mine opinion, would be the perfect way to represent all three Golden Sun games. As for Adult Isaac, he can be a trophy.

Once again, it's nice to see a high-profile Smasher rooting for Isaac. Although, I don't know what "evidence" he is referring to.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What I personally would like to see is Isaac in his original outfit, Matthew as an alt costume, and Felix as Isaac's Echo Fighter. That, in mine opinion, would be the perfect way to represent all three Golden Sun games. As for Adult Isaac, he can be a trophy.

Once again, it's nice to see a high-profile Smasher rooting for Isaac. Although, I don't know what "evidence" he is referring to.

He's probably talking about the tweet from Sakurai.

and maybe also the exit poll results, if he's seen them. So nothing more than we already know.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Either the exit polls, or the tweet from sakurai.

While the tweet is not the most compelling evidence, it's the best we've got. ^^

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There was a roster prediction thread I was going to post in but then it disappeared so I'm posting it here.

I'll make a guess...

Unique
- Isaac (Tweet + Exit Poll + Good vibes :p)
- Bandana Dee (popularity in Japan)
- Gen 7 Pokemon (Vergeben)
- Chorus Kids (Gematsu leak)
- Skull Kid (The hints)
- Banjo & Kazooie (Vergeben mentioning non playable Minecraft content + exit poll + Nintendo and Microsoft being friendly, that didn't just happen overnight)

Echoes
- Isabelle (Vergeben)
- Shadow (It seems obvious)
- Dixie Kong (It just seems likely)
- Ken (Vergeben)
- Felix (my "out there" prediction, I could see it being a Simon/Richter situation)
- Impa (Total wildcard pick, I'm not sure how likely she is)

Potential DLC
- Geno (Seems likely but for some reason I could see him missing out on the base roster)
- Rex & Pyra (Too recent for base roster)
- Rayman (Seemed to do well on ballot + had a trophy in the last game + Ubisoft and Nintendo seem to be getting on well)
- Paper Mario (popular in the ballot)
- Shantae (popular in ballot, but only if she isn't an assist)

I'm starting to get a feeling that Skull Kid might end up being a boss. Not feeling that confident in him right now. (I kept him in the prediction though) Rhythm Heaven feels like it could a first rep alongside Golden Sun....and there is the Gematsu leak, the Chorus Kids are now the only outlier from that list we haven't seen become playable in Smash yet. Maybe Sakurai picked up where he left off with the Chorus Kids.

If Impa gets in I could see her having her Skyward Sword appearance, since the design of other Zelda characters come from a wide range of games. Skyward Sword is a Zelda game we haven't seen really represented on the roster yet.

I have a bad feeling the ballot will be Elmas undoing and cause her to miss out on the base roster. Then when it comes to dlc it'll almost certainly be Rex & Pyra who grab the slot.

I'm also predicting that Arms won't get any dlc outside of Mii costumes. Just like Splatoon in the previous game.

Kinda off topic but it does include Isaac. :p

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Ah, I see. I rarely check Sakurai's twitter, since he seldom posts anything. But now that I've looked, that Tweet DID make me think of Golden Sun. Not only the Dragon and Marth and Link standing together, but also the Coliseum. [EDIT] Whoops, barely noticed Shulk behind the list. Heck, during the Direct, I was scared he was going to reveal Isaac as the last Assist Trophy, since the scenery of that one stage reminded me a lot of Weyard.

I'll not deny it; this picture really boosts mine hopes.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
There was a roster prediction thread I was going to post in but then it disappeared so I'm posting it here.

I'll make a guess...

Unique
- Isaac (Tweet + Exit Poll + Good vibes :p)
- Bandana Dee (popularity in Japan)
- Gen 7 Pokemon (Vergeben)
- Chorus Kids (Gematsu leak)
- Skull Kid (The hints)
- Banjo & Kazooie (Vergeben mentioning non playable Minecraft content + exit poll)

Echoes
- Isabelle (Vergeben)
- Shadow (It seems obvious)
- Dixie Kong (It just seems likely)
- Ken (Vergeben)
- Felix (my "out there" prediction, I could see it being a Simon/Richter situation)
- Impa (Total wildcard pick, I'm not sure how likely she is)

Potential DLC
- Geno (Seems likely but for some reason I could see him missing out on the base roster)
- Rex & Pyra (Too recent for base roster)
- Rayman (Seemed to do well on ballot + had a trophy in the last game + Ubisoft and Nintendo seem to be getting on well)
- Paper Mario (popular in the ballot)
- Shantae (popular in ballot, but only if she isn't an assist)

I'm starting to get a feeling that Skull Kid might end up being a boss. Not feeling that confident in him right now. (I kept him in the prediction though) Rhythm Heaven feels like it could a first rep alongside Golden Sun....and there is the Gematsu leak, the Chorus Kids are now the only outlier from that list we haven't seen become playable in Smash yet. Maybe Sakurai picked up where he left off with the Chorus Kids.

If Impa gets in I could see her having her Skyward Sword appearance, since the design of other Zelda characters come from a wide range of games. Skyward Sword is a Zelda game we haven't seen really represented on the roster yet.

I have a bad feeling the ballot will be Elmas undoing and cause her to miss out on the base roster. Then when it comes to dlc it'll almost certainly be Rex & Pyra who grab the slot.

I'm also predicting that Arms won't get any dlc outside of Mii costumes. Just like Splatoon in the previous game.

Kinda off topic but it does include Isaac. :p
Would love this. It has everything! Everything I want! Which of course means it won't happen.

For it to be absolutely perfect the only things its missing at this point (for me anyway) would be Tingle, Captain Syrup, a Dragon Quest rep, and for Impa and Dixie to not be echoes but unique instead. But I've already accepted that none of those things are going to happen, except possibly the Dragon Quest character. (would also have loved to see Bomberman RIP). Wouldn't mind seeing a couple more new series repped as well, but I don't really have any skin in the game for any of them apart from Golden Sun, so even if we don't get any I'll be good with it.

Realistically speaking though, I do sort of expect a higher number of echoes than unique newcomers at this point though. Which interestingly enough doesn't ever seem to be represented in anyone else's roster predictions. Most people keep it pretty 1:1 for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So I, like, practically have zero clue who Isaac is (sort of).

But I like his design, what little I've seen of Golden Sun appeals to me. So yeah, I support the guy for Smash.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
So I, like, practically have zero clue who Isaac is (sort of).

But I like his design, what little I've seen of Golden Sun appeals to me. So yeah, I support the guy for Smash.
If you have a Wii U, give the original game a go. It's a fantastic JRPG with extremely inventive ideas.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Realistically speaking though, I do sort of expect a higher number of echoes than unique newcomers at this point though. Which interestingly enough doesn't ever seem to be represented in anyone else's roster predictions. Most people keep it pretty 1:1 for whatever reason.
I think it's harder to predict echoes since it seems a lot more open. (I mean Felix actually seems like a possibility if Isaac gets in which is mad.)

I mean we could get Black Shadow as a Captain Falcon echo. We could get Black Knight as an Ike echo. We could Jeanne as a Bayonetta echo. The skies the limit really.

Last edited:

Chrono.

If you have a Wii U, give the original game a go. It's a fantastic JRPG with extremely inventive ideas.
I plan to eventually! Just too busy atm for long RPGs (plus I just started Okami HD as well which is another long game I hear.)

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Ah, I see. I rarely check Sakurai's twitter, since he seldom posts anything. But not that I've looked, that Tweet DID make me think of Golden Sun. Not only the Dragon and Marth and Link standing together, but also the Coliseum. [EDIT] Whoops, barely noticed Shulk behind the list. Heck, during the Direct, I was scared he was going to reveal Isaac as the last Assist Trophy, since the scenery of that one stage reminded me a lot of Weyard.

I even showed this tweet to my brother who hasn't even played Golden Sun in ages or even beat the first game yet when I showed him this tweet asking him what this reminded him of, after a random guess or two, he then laughed and finally picked up on it being a homage to Golden Sun. This just shows how unique this battle set up is to Golden Sun even after so many years.

On another note call me crazy but I feel like Krystal being an assist trophy also gives me a bit more hope for Isaac as Krystal's Japanese VA also voices Isaac so hey knock out two birds with one stone in that recording session. I did say to call me crazy.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I think it's harder to predict echoes since it seems a lot more open. (I mean Felix actually seems like a possibility if Isaac gets in which is mad.)

I mean we could get Black Shadow as a Captain Falcon echo. We could get Black Knight as an Ike echo. We could Jeanne as a Bayonetta echo. The skies the limit really.
I actually think Black Shadow is pretty likely. My list of potentials at this point would be Isabelle, Dixie, Impa, Shadow, Ken, Black Shadow, Ninten, Yarn Yoshi, Ms. Pacman, and Medusa. Oh and Gothitelle of course! ;)

I do think we could possibly see a couple more echoes of characters yet to be announced, so Felix is the dream there obviously lol, but that's not really something we can predict anyway.

Other options like Dry Bowser or Hilda I just feel like aren't popular enough? But then again Hilda works really well with Zelda's redesign, so maybe she is a contender... I dunno it just seems that echoes are more of a way to include popular characters that just wouldn't get in otherwise. I also included yarn yoshi because I figure it would be a way to give Yoshi a second rep, when I don't think the series will be likely to get one otherwise. Also part of the reason I think Black Shadow is fairly likely.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
On another note call me crazy but I feel like Krystal being an assist trophy also gives me a bit more hope for Isaac as Krystal's Japanese VA also voices Isaac so hey knock out two birds with one stone in that recording session. I did say to call me crazy.
To be honest I wouldn't like for Isaac to have the voice from Brawl... if he is going to be playable, he needs a manly voice, I can't imagine how it would damage his reputation if the guy sounds like a girl, would people who don't know his series actually use him then? I doubt it, they would feel embarassed to do so... Just my opinion on this...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I even showed this tweet to my brother who hasn't even played Golden Sun in ages or even beat the first game yet when I showed him this tweet asking him what this reminded him of, after a random guess or two, he then laughed and finally picked up on it being a homage to Golden Sun. This just shows how unique this battle set up is to Golden Sun even after so many years.

I mean, i guess it's unique.

But the more i think of it, the more it could be Sakurai doing an angle that looks accidently similar to something like golden sun.

Maybe it's a possibility, maybe it's not. I don't know.

Is your friend a big golden sun fan?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. AgatioGanon
  11. Aguki90
  12. airConditioner
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. bassem6
  42. Bassoonist
  43. Billybae10K
  44. BillyBat
  45. Bingoshi
  46. Bkupa666
  47. Blackwolf666
  48. Blaziken
  49. Blue7113
  50. BluePikmin11
  51. BoltDragon
  52. BoN~
  53. Bowser-Daimao
  54. BravadoMan_13
  55. BridgesWithTurtles
  56. Browny
  57. Buddy002
  58. Bunny8093
  59. BUnit
  60. Burruni
  61. Calamitas
  62. Calane
  63. CactusBlah
  64. candyissweet
  65. Capita
  66. Cap'nChreest
  67. Captain Toad
  68. CardStealer1
  69. Cazzone,
  70. Chapter Serf
  71. CheckmateChuck
  72. CheeseBroJoe
  73. Cheezey Bites
  74. Chromfirmed
  75. Chrono.
  76. ChronoPenguin
  77. clearandsweet
  78. ClinkStryphart
  79. CliffJumper
  80. cocy965
  81. Cos.
  82. Coaltergeist
  83. Crap-Zapper
  84. CrossDispatcher
  85. cybersai
  86. Dalek_Kolt
  87. Darkdarkness
  88. Darkfur
  89. DatoSm
  90. Dendros
  91. Desert Croc
  92. Destroyer713
  93. Dezeray112
  94. Dhragen
  95. Diddy Kong
  96. Dihan
  97. Dimensionsword64
  98. DivinexRose
  99. DJ3DS
  100. DJBor
  101. D-Man9293
  102. DogManStar
  103. DoodleDuck97
  104. Doncalot
  105. DraginHikari
  106. Drakonis
  107. Dromader
  108. DukeNapoleon
  109. DustyPumpkin
  110. e105beta
  111. Eagle
  112. EclipseSmash
  113. EddyBearr
  114. ED Cantu
  115. Edlocke
  116. egaddmario
  117. ElPanandero
  118. El Syd
  119. EndlessChrom
  120. EndlessRain
  121. EnhaloTricks
  122. EricTheGamerman
  123. Essora
  124. ETFruitNinja
  125. ethanrodgers223
  126. Ezequileste
  127. Falgor
  128. Falkoopa
  129. False Sense
  130. FamiconDisk
  131. Felix_the_Slayer
  132. fenyx4
  133. ferioku
  134. Fire Rider
  135. Fire_Voyager
  136. FirstBlade
  137. Flareon
  138. Flik
  139. Flintike
  140. Flynn.Scifo
  141. fogbadge.
  142. foolssigma
  143. FrankAL
  144. FreddyOnDrugs
  145. Friesnchip
  146. Frosty Pops
  147. GalacticPetey
  148. Gameguy1996
  149. Gazorpazorpfield
  150. Geno Boost
  151. ghastmine
  152. Ghirahilda
  153. Gioka
  154. GladiusVortex
  155. GM_3826
  156. Golden Icarus
  157. GoodGrief741
  158. Gotann
  159. GraveEclipse567
  160. Hakerson
  161. heylodom
  162. Huanchi
  163. hwrdjacob
  164. iam8bit
  165. Icana
  166. iDazedX_x
  167. Inawordyes
  168. IntelliHeath1
  169. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  170. isaac3000
  171. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  172. IsaacOrRiot
  173. Isaac: Venus Adept
  174. Istry555
  175. IvanQuote
  176. JaidynReiman
  177. Jak_spoon
  178. JamesDNaux
  179. James Tutumbero
  180. Jamurai
  181. JDogindy
  182. JesseMcCloud
  183. Johnknight1
  184. JohnnySparkxs
  185. Jupiter Ivan
  186. Jurae818
  187. Just a random scrub
  188. jweb22
  189. KCCHIEFS27
  190. KeniththeGatherer
  191. KeybladeSmasher
  192. Kikaru
  193. Kind Dedede
  194. KingCloud
  195. KingShadow
  196. KiraYoshikage
  197. KirbyDragon
  198. Kirbyfan391
  199. Kisae
  200. Klimax
  201. KMDP
  202. KoalaNut
  203. Kokirikory
  204. Koori
  205. Kremling Man
  206. Kumatora
  207. KurouKamen
  208. Kycse
  209. Lady Palutena
  210. Lampy
  211. LaniusShrike
  212. lanky_gunner
  213. LasermasterA
  214. Leafeon523
  215. LeeYawshee
  216. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  217. legendofrob1
  218. LemmyKoopa
  219. lightdasher
  220. LightheartedBum
  221. Lightosia
  222. Linq
  223. Lisbon Mapping
  224. littl-myth
  225. Liverpool19
  226. Lone (Thirteenth)
  227. Lonodel
  228. Lord-Zero
  229. Lucanic
  230. Lucimar
  231. Ludjinnado
  232. lunarum
  233. Lukingordex
  234. Lurxy
  235. Lynn Eslie
  236. M23-X0
  237. MacSmitty
  238. MagiusNecros
  239. MAGMIS
  240. MainJPW
  241. Malcolm Belmont
  242. MaskO'Gears
  243. Master Rapier
  244. MasterMushroom
  245. Mav485
  246. McLapras
  247. Mega Bidoof
  248. Mendelsin
  249. MetalMario128
  250. Metocles
  251. Miifighters4Smash5
  252. Minato Arisato
  253. Mikegamer0608
  254. Mishudo
  255. Monkokaio
  256. MonopolyRubix
  257. MorbidAltruism
  258. Moydow
  259. MrGame&Rock
  260. MrMacBeth
  261. MrToxicVoltage
  262. Muirkat
  263. Mythzotick
  264. mynameisv
  265. MysticKnives
  266. N3ON
  267. Nauzgo
  268. Neo Zero
  269. NessAtc.
  270. Niala
  271. Nimbostratus
  272. Ninjakid41592
  273. Nintandy
  274. Nintendokusou
  275. NitrusVirus
  276. NonSpecificGuy
  277. NoOtherPersona
  278. NoR4U
  279. Nossnitro102
  280. Octillus
  281. Oddyesy
  282. OhMyBanana54
  283. Olo
  284. Oniric Spriter
  285. OptimisticStrifer
  286. Oracle_Summon
  287. Organization XIII
  288. osby
  289. otarolgam
  290. Oz37
  291. Pacack
  292. Papagenos
  293. ParanoidDrone
  294. Pcubed007
  295. Pennate
  296. Phaazoid
  297. PhilosophicAnimal
  298. pholtos
  299. Pizza Robo
  300. P.Kat
  301. Plain Yogurt
  302. Playcube
  303. PlayfulMushroom
  304. POKEMANSPIKA
  305. Powerman293
  306. PSIguy89
  307. PSYNergy
  308. PrinceGal3n
  309. PWN3
  310. Pwnapplez
  311. QcSlayer
  312. Quetzal77
  313. R.O.B.
  314. Radical Beam
  315. Radori
  316. Raetah
  317. Raykz
  318. Raziek
  319. Red Ryu
  320. RegiGygas117
  321. Replica
  322. Retro gamer
  323. RhymeswithEmpty
  324. Roger Smith
  325. RosaPeach
  326. Royaru
  327. Royvolution Ream
  328. RumpletrellskiN
  329. Ryan
  330. Ryuji
  331. Ryuutakeshi
  332. Sabrewulf238
  333. Saer2k
  334. Sagittarius
  335. Salocin
  336. sandfall
  337. SanicJan
  338. Scatmansworld25
  339. Scoliosis Jones
  340. scoobymcsnack
  341. Seb9k+
  342. Secret Sexytime
  343. Seleir
  344. Seoxys
  345. sheik93
  346. Shin F.
  347. Shinhed-echi
  348. Shog
  349. Sidboylol
  350. Silo777
  351. SirCamp
  352. skaaaa
  353. Skeleton o' Fun
  354. SkullKidKing
  355. Skyblade12
  356. Skyfox2000
  357. sman3975
  358. Smash_Handle69
  359. SmashBro99
  360. smashkirby
  361. SmashShadow
  362. smashtriforce77
  363. smileMasky
  364. SmilingMad
  365. SMX
  366. Solfiner
  367. someonetookjacob
  368. SonicLink125
  369. SonicSmasher
  370. SoraSaturn
  371. SorrowOfAcheron
  372. SoulofKhaos
  373. Spatman
  374. Spazzy_D
  375. Speedwagon
  376. spoilerowl
  377. Spootondorf
  378. Sqid
  379. SSBFan
  380. Staarih
  381. StaffofSmashing
  382. Strider_Bond00J
  383. StrikeBlade
  384. SuperBrawler
  385. Superfiremario
  386. SuperNintendoKid
  387. Supersmash77
  388. Superyoshiom
  389. Swampasaur
  390. Sykin
  391. Takasmash
  392. TBone06
  393. TCT~Phantom
  394. Techno1000
  395. TeenGirlSquad
  396. TehEpicRyuga
  397. TempestSurge
  398. Tetiro
  399. ThatShadowLink
  400. THE 6r
  401. The Curious Volnutt
  402. The One Who Wrote This
  403. Thekewlusername
  404. T-Hell
  405. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  406. TheSeanMan
  407. TheSpaceKing
  408. The Stoopid Unikorn
  409. TheTactician
  410. thethirdkoopa
  411. TheZoologist
  412. ThirdDay
  413. ThoughtfulWanderer
  414. ThunderOverload
  415. TiaSilvia
  416. TimeSmash
  417. Tiymako
  418. ToothiestAura
  419. topspin1617
  420. Travix Man
  421. True Blue Warrior
  422. Turmalinium
  423. UltimateWario
  424. Ultinarok
  425. Vann Accessible
  426. Vegito2727
  427. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  428. Vintage Creep
  429. Violenceman
  430. walph
  431. Warheart_666
  432. Wigglytuff ★
  433. winterofsilver
  434. Wintropy
  435. WhiteEaglePL
  436. Xelion
  437. Xenigma
  438. XenoWarriorX
  439. XeVioN
  440. Xiivi
  441. xLemmy_KoopaX
  442. xpnc
  443. XTremeGamer1234
  444. XxLtxX
  445. YellowLord
  446. Yoshi444
  447. YoshiandToad
  448. Young Horsetail
  449. Your Hero
  450. YwhaletailY
  451. Zabadoo
  452. zagman505
  453. zaiman12345
  454. Zandro
  455. ZanZero
  456. ZarroTsu
  457. ZeldaMaster
  458. ZelDan
  459. ZestyÑ
  460. zferolie
  461. Zulyar
  462. Zuppo

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
To be honest I wouldn't like for Isaac to have the voice from Brawl... if he is going to be playable, he needs a manly voice, I can't imagine how it would damage his reputation if the guy sounds like a girl, would people who don't know his series actually use him then? I doubt it, they would feel embarassed to do so... Just my opinion on this...
At least a boy's voice and a manly one for Felix.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Just a reminder to anyone who wants to learn more about Isaac, the main post on this thread goes into great detail about why he should be included and is formatted extremely well. So if you don't have the time or the power to play the Golden Sun games, it's a nice substitute!

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember if the sound effect when they speak in golden sun is actually higher piched for Isaac than Felix ? Would have to compare GS and TLA I guess.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Personally, I feel there will always be some fans who would claim the voice work to make their ears bleed or something regardless. Who'd you have in mind for a suitable VA for Isaac? I don't think he has one in English, at least I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

I mean, i guess it's unique.

But the more i think of it, the more it could be Sakurai doing an angle that looks similar to something like golden sun.

Maybe it's a possibility, maybe it's not. I don't know.

Is your friend a big golden sun fan?
Not even just the angle, just the way the characters are lined up in the order that they joined the party the smash series. The number of coincidences adds up and there's no way I'm believing that no one at Nintendo would catch on and point it out, similar to how fans are doing now. Then again I guess it's not as obvious of a tweet as an image of the Monado sword lol.

Brother to be more exact. And if he's not, I haven't been loud enough lol. Though I wouldn't say BIG, he hasn't beaten the first game after all, though he barely plays much games in general anyways. And he's more casual fan in general, you won't find him making an account and theorizing anytime soon lol. But he's pretty much been wanting Isaac in the game for the longest and voted for him on the ballot. I'm still surprised he caught on to that tweet. Thought I'd have to explain it. That's what makes me feel it's an intentional reference. Of course, expectations low and all. I sure can't wait for hindsight to kick in lol.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Hello again, Lynn here. Thought I'd share a bit of an excerpt from over on the top 10 character poll.

------------------------------------
5. Geno - 168 (+33)
4. Banjo & Kazooie - 187 (+36)

3. Dixie Kong - 212 (+36)
2. Bandanna Dee - 221 (+25)

1. Isaac - 224 (+41)

For the nonce, Isaac has overtaken Bandanna Dee, and now leads overall. Well done!

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Personally, I feel there will always be some fans who would claim the voice work to make their ears bleed or something regardless. Who'd you have in mind for a suitable VA for Isaac? I don't think he has one in English, at least I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

Not even just the angle, just the way the characters are lined up in the order that they joined the party the smash series. The number of coincidences adds up and there's no way I'm believing that no one at Nintendo would catch on and point it out, similar to how fans are doing now. Then again I guess it's not as obvious of a tweet as an image of the Monado sword lol.

Brother to be more exact. And if he's not, I haven't been loud enough lol. Though I wouldn't say BIG, he hasn't beaten the first game after all, though he barely plays much games in general anyways. And he's more casual fan in general, you won't find him making an account and theorizing anytime soon lol. But he's pretty much been wanting Isaac in the game for the longest and voted for him on the ballot. I'm still surprised he caught on to that tweet. Thought I'd have to explain it. That's what makes me feel it's an intentional reference. Of course, expectations low and all. I sure can't wait for hindsight to kick in lol.
Sakurai loves video games. He's said he actually basically keeps a library of games. So it's not out of the question that he'd be familiar with Golden Sun enough to make those references

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I plan to eventually! Just too busy atm for long RPGs (plus I just started Okami HD as well which is another long game I hear.)
Well to be fair, atleast the first two Golden Sun games are probably some of the smallest RPG games I've played, clocking in at like 25-ish hours each, which I think is pretty decent for a JRPG. They're compact and rich in content.

A perfect package in my opinion. They don't drag for too long, except maybe a teensy bit in the start of the second game.

I hope you enjoy them thoroughly whenever you give them a go!

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hello again, Lynn here. Thought I'd share a bit of an excerpt from over on the top 10 character poll.

5. Geno - 168 (+33)

1. Isaac - 224 (+41)

For the nonce, Isaac has overtaken Bandanna Dee, and now leads overall. Well done!
I forgot about this poll. Haha. Thank you for reminding me and everyone here. Wow! It's just amazing to see Isaac now stand out so much and it's going to get bigger and bigger from here!

Edit: Spelling (Osaac instead of Isaac. Lol)

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Tha could work.

Felix is 18 though, so a manlier voice could be better for him. He seems more mature in general as well :-P
I think Felix is only one year older than Isaac.

I feel like a good British voice would work.
Ah, I see. I rarely check Sakurai's twitter, since he seldom posts anything. But now that I've looked, that Tweet DID make me think of Golden Sun. Not only the Dragon and Marth and Link standing together, but also the Coliseum. [EDIT] Whoops, barely noticed Shulk behind the list. Heck, during the Direct, I was scared he was going to reveal Isaac as the last Assist Trophy, since the scenery of that one stage reminded me a lot of Weyard.

I'll not deny it; this picture really boosts mine hopes.

This was the pic that made the internet go crazy! We were so happy for like the whole day. You should of seen the forum that day

I think they might get Isaac a new VA, from an AT to a fighter. (plus maybe for a remaster with full voiceover? hype hype!)

Ah, I am getting too excited some days. The Geno and Skull Kids supporters having our back. Isaac is on the top of polls. Things are looking good

Altais

Smash Champion
If Isaac spoke English, then I think Johnny Yong Bosch should voice him. His Cless Alvein voice (1:43), in mine opinion, would suit Isaac perfectly.

As for Felix, I've always imagined him with Yuri Lowenthal's voice (known best, I think, for voicing Sasuke Uchiha). Now that Lowenthal is voicing Marth in Smash, it is a definite possibility. Assuming, of course, Felix does make it in the game.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If Isaac spoke English, then I think Johnny Yong Bosch should voice him. His Cless Alvein voice (1:43), in mine opinion, would suit Isaac perfectly.
That'll be a tad confusing when the Zero Assist Trophy is summoned.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I think Felix is only one year older than Isaac.

I think they might get Isaac a new VA, from an AT to a fighter. (plus maybe for a remaster with full voiceover? hype hype!)
Yep, Isaac 17, Felix 18, but Felix seems so much more mature to me, maybe because of his past.

I also bet on a completely new voice...

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
This might sound pretty strange to ask at this point, but do you guys think that even though I've been unable to play the classic Golden Sun games due to not owning or finding them that supporting Isaac/Felix based off gameplay I've seen on YouTube is still valid? I honestly wish I could of played them when I was younger, but they weren't on my mind at the time along with being at a young age, so I didn't think to play or consider them.
There's no problem with supporting us at all. There are tons of games I've never played, but I love their character concept anyway. If anything, it's awesome to learn about new characters so you can research about them and their game. You never know, you might find something you have been missing in your life after all these years! For me, even though I'm a Ness/Lucas main most of the time, I've never played a Mother/Earthbound game ever, but I still enjoy finding out about their games. I think both of the GS games are up on VC if I'm not wrong. I still have both my copies from way back then.

It seems like Isaac is getting into more and more fan-made roasters.
Oh man, I remember this! Brings back memories
People are saying Sun (Isaac) Moon (Skull Kid) Stars (Geno) for smash, which is really cool. Gamefaqs is still a garbage dump.
Unfortunately what we idealize doesn't often come true. This would be the perfect direct considering all the imagery and symbolism that's tied to each character. If it went down like this though... I may go comatose for a while from the sheer awesome from such a direct.

To be fair, the first Golden Sun game is very short and sweet. I actually just got done playing it over the past 2-3 days without even particularly rushing through it. So if you're expecting a Shin Megami Tensei (averages 80-100+ hours in a playthrough) or Suikoden (averages 40-60 hours a playthrough), you really don't have to worry too much. A lot of modern RPGs tend to be long in the tooth packed with content that extends how long you play it for, but it's not even as long as Breath of Fire 1 & 2 (if you've ever played those games).

Edit: I think the quote messed up from the middle one.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if someone has pointed this out before, but I think I’m seeing something with this tweet. Link is 64, Marth is Melee, Shulk is 4. What’s missing? Brawl. Who made their smash debut is Brawl? Isaac.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

5. Geno - 168 (+33)

1. Isaac - 224 (+41)

Thanks a lot for sharing this, I didn't know of such a poll existing.

This is great news! It is heartwarming to see our golden boi pull so much support now when he was considered "who" a while ago by the majority.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Either the exit polls, or the tweet from sakurai.

While the tweet is not the most compelling evidence, it's the best we've got. ^^
I REALLY think that tweet has a lot of weight, more than people are willing to give because they forget that Sakurai doesn't just randomly tweet stuff like that. If every tweet he makes about smash counts, i would (and i do actually) consider it a great tease from him. But that's just me I guess.

Last edited:

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
Felix is 18 though, so a manlier voice could be better for him. He seems more mature in general as well :-P
Yep, Isaac 17, Felix 18, but Felix seems so much more mature to me, maybe because of his past.

I also bet on a completely new voice...
Isaac is 16 at the beginning of Golden Sun, his mother specifically says he's almost 17. So that means he's anywhere from a few days to a couple months away from being 17. Felix is a year older than him and as such could either be 18 already or will turn 18 sometime soon after the game starts.

Top Bottom