• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

osby

Smash Obsessed
I find that and the lack of Saki's assist trophy really weird.
In the end, there is no reason to cut any Assist Trophy... if they were just copy-pasted from last games and apparently, they weren't. There were a lot of new ones and some compromises had to be made. Sin & Punishment and Advance Wars are understandably kinda low priority.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicLink125/status/1072720325375275009

Had some fun taking pics of Isaac’s AT when I stumbled upon this moment here. Perfect timing as Sonic’s legs are being talked about in his movie. :laugh:

Also, one of my last posts had me saying how we need to fuse Isaac’s AT and Mii Fighter together to make a fully playable Isaac. In this same pic, it was Sonic’s legs that separated Isaac into two entities here.

I’m having fun with this!

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
In the end, there is no reason to cut any Assist Trophy... if they were just copy-pasted from last games and apparently, they weren't. There were a lot of new ones and some compromises had to be made. Sin & Punishment and Advance Wars are understandably kinda low priority.
I can see that (considering he used that exact statement to justify the exclusion of Ice Climbers during the Wii U days), but I'd also like to think that Sakurai at least holds the series at a higher standard compared to other series with less representation given that he based the mechanics of the first game on Kid Icarus Uprising and I think he made positive comments about it. Maybe Saki's mii costume was a means to compensate for the lack of his assist trophy, or maybe something else...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can see that (considering he used that exact statement to justify the exclusion of Ice Climbers during the Wii U days), but I'd also like to think that Sakurai at least holds the series at a higher standard compared to other series with less representation given that he based the mechanics of the first game on Kid Icarus Uprising and I think he made positive comments about it. Maybe Saki's mii costume was a means to compensate for the lack of his assist trophy, or maybe something else...
Maybe. Admittedly, my look towards cut content is pretty pragmatic, since Sakurai isn't fond of it. I think it was just he needed too much update for new AT standards, but they had the stuff to do a Mii costume.

I personally don't expect any cut content as DLC for this game, but we'll see.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Alright fellow adepts. Today I turn 23 years old and I just want you to know that my birthday wish is for golden sun to return as a series with either a remake or 4th entry and for Isaac to soon join the fight in smash bros. I hope this helps us out in any way.
Haha, happy birthday!
It's quite funny because I'm turning 25 tomorrow, and my wish is obviously the same as yours. :drifloon:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Yeah if Saki really was that low of priority among the ATs I doubt he would've gotten a Mii Costume. It may have just come down to one or the other and Sakurai picked the costume. Neither are too strenuous on the dev team. But it's still a bit puzzling because there are ATs that are even more obscure than Saki, like Prince of Sablé. As for Advance Wars, there's not really a good explanation for the AT being cut. It was pretty much just some ripped sprites who ran around shooting at people. The Spirit choices for AW were a little odd as well. S&P and AW both missed out on music tracks, too.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Yeah if Saki really was that low of priority among the ATs I doubt he would've gotten a Mii Costume. It may have just come down to one or the other and Sakurai picked the costume. Neither are too strenuous on the dev team. But it's still a bit puzzling because there are ATs that are even more obscure than Saki, like Prince of Sablé. As for Advance Wars, there's not really a good explanation for the AT being cut. It was pretty much just some ripped sprites who ran around shooting at people. The Spirit choices for AW were a little odd as well. S&P and AW both missed out on music tracks, too.
I feel like Intelligent Systems is just too stubborn to make another Advanced Wars game at this point in time on a side note.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HqUkqiuuXOcA035vpuoU8lnzlMJPKMPM5y9C3PZ4rq8/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the document so far, if anyone has any suggestions at all you can leave a comment on there!
I’d also add that there’s a few ways they can get around this whole thing if they decide to put Isaac in.

They have a work around with Mathew. A simple patch to the game could replace Isaac’s model with Mathew. Nothing else would need to change. He’d have the same moves, same height, same build and damn near the same clothing.

Another thing they could do is completely surprise us. Make Mathew an alt skin and go above and beyond and replace Isaac with Felix. Height and build would have to change, but otherwise Felix would do the same thing Isaac does now.

There’s also the possibility of them using a new Isaac. Maybe one that (chronologically) is placed between the Lost Age and Dark Dawn. Somewhat similar to how Roy is sporting new duds in Smash compared to his Melee version.

And lastly. No Isaac, but a Golden Sun 4 rep instead.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
It still confuses me how Saki, who, as an assist, only ran around and slashed/shot people, along with Infantry and Tanks, who were just a few 2-D sprites, both got cut.

But Flies and Hand?

Obviously a better choice. /s

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Somehow this beautiful coincidence happened. Two dragons (Red and blue), hm..seems a lot like Doom Dragon
DuMs6mhU4AE9pXl.jpg

Last edited:

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Bit late to the chat, but at least we got Infantry and Tanks back as a Spirit...though they're using (I believe) their appearance from Battalion Wars, as they are shown in non-sprite detail and in an olive drab coloring. (I don't have the picture for them right now...I don't know how to transfer from the Switch).

(Also I was on the 3DS Version of Smash 4...didn't know we had a second Golden Sun music track until now...neat.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Bit late to the chat, but at least we got Infantry and Tanks back as a Spirit...though they're using (I believe) their appearance from Battalion Wars, as they are shown in non-sprite detail and in an olive drab coloring. (I don't have the picture for them right now...I don't know how to transfer from the Switch).

(Also I was on the 3DS Version of Smash 4...didn't know we had a second Golden Sun music track until now...neat.)
Yeah Weyard was added as an unlockable to Palutena's Temple in Wii U.

They're using Batallion Wars for Infantry and Tanks? O_o

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I feel like Intelligent Systems is just too stubborn to make another Advanced Wars game at this point in time on a side note.
I like to think that one of their composers got so tired of working on FE games, wanted to do something else for a change and went "screw it, I want first dibs on a Mega Man remix!".

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Somehow this beautiful coincidence happened. Two dragons (Red and blue), hm..seems a lot like Doom Dragon
Now if only we had Link, Marth, and Shulk in that picture lol

Edit: and I'm off to go pick up my game!

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’m a bit saddened that Jenna and Ivan are only support spirits. I was really hoping to use all 8 GS spirits in all my Smash battles. Also, it’s kind of strange that Jenna and Ivan are support spirits too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I’m a bit saddened that Jenna and Ivan are only support spirits. I was really hoping to use all 8 GS spirits in all my Smash battles. Also, it’s kind of strange that Jenna and Ivan are support spirits too.
Tbh I was predicting Garet and Mia would also be support units. I was surprised when they were all primary.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Hear all this talk of golden sun spirits. I have yet to encounter even one in world of light.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It feels good but hurts so bad at the same time...

It's neat that they prominently feature our Mii's name like that so we actually get to see Isaac's name in so many places making me feel like he's actually there. *cries*

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hear all this talk of golden sun spirits. I have yet to encounter even one in world of light.
There's only three in WoL. The three main protagonists.

Is beyond the wall of light. I think that means the giant ravine? Not sure.

After facing Galeem. Matthew is in the second world.

After the second world, there's one final world. That's where you find Isaac.

D

Deleted member

The first one you encounter is Felix, who is in the eastern part of the World of Light, just before you reach Kat & Ana's Dojo. The next main one is Matthew, who is in the World of Dark in the Light Realm in the Triforce of Wisdom section (the one that resembles BOTW's Kakariko Village).

The weirdest of the battles between the 7 spirits (considering Dark Dawn Isaac is a leveled up Spirit, and I doubt you fight him) is Garet, considering that he's a Novice; you'd think his fight would be relatively easy. Nope; the entire stage is covered in lava, requiring you to get the Esna spirit in order to have a decent chance (or hope for the best).

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You can try the Spirit Board. That’s how I got all of mine. Still missing Jenna and (obviously) Isaac. Those two lovebirds need to show up now! lol

The first one you encounter is Felix, who is in the eastern part of the World of Light, just before you reach Kat & Ana's Dojo. The next main one is Matthew, who is in the World of Dark in the Light Realm in the Triforce of Wisdom section (the one that resembles BOTW's Kakariko Village).

The weirdest of the battles between the 7 spirits (considering Dark Dawn Isaac is a leveled up Spirit, and I doubt you fight him) is Garet, considering that he's a Novice; you'd think his fight would be relatively easy. Nope; the entire stage is covered in lava, requiring you to get the Esna spirit in order to have a decent chance (or hope for the best).
Hahaha! I thought the same thing about Garet’s battle too! I got SUPER lucky on my first try. I was like over 200% damage and Garet nearly got me at the end. Phew! Definitely the toughest “Floor is Lava” battle.....good!

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Alright guys I've started playing! I can't play a ton for the next few days but imma play when I can.

It took me a while, but I spawned my first Isaac AT; he got a KO for me!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I’m going to compete again tonight at gamers on the edge down in st Pete Florida. I’ll do my best to make it to the top this time!

ZelDan

Smash Master
I finally got to see Isaac in action during Classic and got the Felix Spirit at the end of another Classic playthrough.

All characters are now unlocked. Pichu was the last character to be unlocked (guess they wanted to save the best for last...)

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

God his fight was annoying. I ended up using Ike (He’s becomes my main) and just spamming Aether until I got a KO.

On the flip side, Felix’s and Mathew’s fights were relatively easy in comparison. I haven’t fought Isaac’s Spirit yet, but I can’t wait.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't see how Advance Wars is lower priority than Sable Prince, Devil, Sheriff, among other super niche AT's. I don't buy that at all.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Maybe to get this thread moving again we should change this thread to be about Isaac from Binding of Isaac or the Isaac from Dead Space.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Maybe to get this thread moving again we should change this thread to be about Isaac from Binding of Isaac or the Isaac from Dead Space.
Oh I get it. So we pass off this thread as a Binding of Isaac one and then secretly push our Isaac for smash agenda in the shadows to lure more people in! hehe

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't imagine either of those characters being that likely...
Me neither.

I was just telling a dumb joke.

Though now that I think about it either character getting into Smash Bros would definitely be...something considering what their games are about...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Here’s a topic for you all. Nintendo announced that there will be Spirit events in Smash. Imagine if they did a Golden Sun event? What kind of event do you want it to be?

D

Deleted member

I don't see how Advance Wars is lower priority than Sable Prince, Devil, Sheriff, among other super niche AT's. I don't buy that at all.
I don't know why ATs were removed. I don't understand the reasoning, but on the flip side, we worked really hard to get Isaac back in the game. So, yay?

We could get ATs implemented in patches (by the way, 1.2.0 is coming next week), so it may happen. I suggested on the Joker forum that Futaba Sakura should be the Persona AT so I'm hoping we don't stay at 59.

Here’s a topic for you all. Nintendo announced that there will be Spirit events in Smash. Imagine if they did a Golden Sun event? What kind of event do you want it to be?
First off, add Sheba and Piers to the game, and make it an "Adeptly Elemental" Event, focusing on getting the Isaac (Dark Dawn) Spirit, but also featuring new Spirits.

We got 1297 Spirits already, but I'm hoping they can add more with these updates. Maybe by 2019, we'll see our first new Spirit battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Me neither.

I was just telling a dumb joke.

Though now that I think about it either character getting into Smash Bros would definitely be...something considering what their games are about...
To be fair, we now have 3 mature rated game series in Smash now. But then again, those two characters are definitely not the types of mature that would appear in Smash. I am more expecting something along the lines of Doomguy or Travis Touchdown for our next rated M character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom