• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The whole gimmick with Isaac in the first game was that he NEVER spoke. The most he did was the player responded yes or no in his stead, and beyond that all's we saw of him was a text box with 3 exclamation points. He spoke more in golden sun the lost age. But most fans of the character want him based on his appearance in the first game.
In that case, grunts are perfectly fine ala the Zelda cast.

Unless you mean flat-out mute like Mega, Pac, Villager, and Olimar.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Nintendo have not taken down or replaced the video yet. So I guess there is that.
The thing about this though is that if they take it down its fishy and basically confirms our suspicions, but if they leave it they can keep us questioning it and speculating. I don't expect them to take it down

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’d like for Isaac to be completely mute, but at the same time I want to hear Kirby yell ‘Move!’ or whatever, so you can see my conundrum.

How do you pronounce Psyenergy

Cause I say "Psy" then "Energy"
I also say it as sinner gee.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Well I finally beaten Lost Age just a couple minutes ago, so now I can officially say I 100% all the Golden Sun games.
I would've too, but I'm still trying to beat Dullahan.
That’s tough to say. Sakurai does seem to avoid spoilers in the games he uses for Smash so I would lean towards Isaac having a basic sword like ArtsyOmni used.
*cough cough* Sheik and Fiora *cough cough*
alright, let's throw caution to the wind for a minute and pretend this is actually happening.

final smash: judgement, ragnarok, megiddo, or iris?
Catastrophe :101:
I can't remember if this was asked before, but what do people think would be a good splash phrase to come with Isaac's reveal?
Here's my idea.
Isaac: the Sun dawns on Smash!
Isaac goes golden!

Halloween came early, happy 666 pages!

Last edited:
While I myself am personally indifferent to Isaac, I felt I'd pop over here quickly from the Geno threads to say hi. It must feel ****ing awesome knowing your pipe dream may soon become reality. Hang in there, guys. We're in the home stretch, and I hope all our dreams come true.

Also, my friend found an interesting discovery that makes it even more likely that sprout item we saw a few days ago is in fact from Golden Sun that I figured you'd like to hear; The reflections of the bubble on the sprout in Smash Ultimate are almost identical to the bubbles from Isaac's attacks in Golden sun.
Smash Ultimate: https://bit.ly/2qd5sD2
Golden sun attack: https://bit.ly/2qd5vPe.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just saw a video on Reddit of a Nintendos comic con booth in London and they have a poster for The Grinch sitting on the table.

I know it's likely just a joke and they don't know anything but still.....this leak is just crazy.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I just saw a video on Reddit of a Nintendos comic con booth in London and they have a poster for The Grinch sitting on the table.

I know it's likely just a joke and they don't know anything but still.....this leak is just crazy.
It gets better, the Grinch is on all the VIP passes including GameXplain one. Jon joked about it on twitter

And being there myself, I can confirm via the hanging banners his aerial recovery is a rope climb

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I am fine either way. If Isaac only makes "battle sounds" like his AT did that's fine. If he is voiced that's fine too BUT ONLY if the english voice has been chosen pretty well.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
While I myself am personally indifferent to Isaac, I felt I'd pop over here quickly from the Geno threads to say hi. It must feel ****ing awesome knowing your pipe dream may soon become reality. Hang in there, guys. We're in the home stretch, and I hope all our dreams come true.

Also, my friend found an interesting discovery that makes it even more likely that sprout item we saw a few days ago is in fact from Golden Sun that I figured you'd like to hear; The reflections of the bubble on the sprout in Smash Ultimate are almost identical to the bubbles from Isaac's attacks in Golden sun.
Smash Ultimate: https://bit.ly/2qd5sD2
Golden sun attack: https://bit.ly/2qd5vPe.
Hmmm. Never noticed that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It gets better, the Grinch is on all the VIP passes including GameXplain one. Jon joked about it on twitter

And being there myself, I can confirm via the hanging banners his aerial recovery is a rope climb
To be honest a part of me wonders if Nintendo would have allowed that if there was any truth to the leak.

Or is it a subtle "we can't hide it now so might as well roll with it". I guess we won't know until the next reveal.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
To be honest a part of me wonders if Nintendo would have allowed that if there was any truth to the leak.

Or is it a subtle "we can't hide it now". I guess we won't know until the next reveal.
To be fair the Grinch is all over MCM. This happens every year. One big film gets marketed to death there.

This time it is our upcoming Smash fighter

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

Or is it a subtle "we can't hide it now". I guess we won't know until the next reveal.
*puts on tinfoil hat*
Maybe this is Nintendo's soft confirmation of the leak? Maybe this is a subtle way of them acknowledging its existence and validity.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I know that idea wasn't brought up a lot but I personally would love to see Isaac's party jumping in and each of them using one of the more powerful psynergy together. For one because I would love the detail since I love the party and secondly, I would love to see each of them in HD <3
I like this idea too, but seriously imagine an hd remake of the iris summon

I would've too, but I'm still trying to beat Dullahan.

*cough cough* Sheik and Fiora *cough cough*

Catastrophe :101:

Isaac goes golden!

Halloween came early, happy 666 pages!
come back to this after you beat dullahan and get the iris tablet ;]

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
How do you pronounce Psyenergy

Cause I say "Psy" then "Energy"
I’ve always seen it as a play on the word synergy. So that’s how I’ve always pronounced it. Sinner gee.

But I’ve heard other people call it psy energy as well. I can’t wait for this to somehow be laid to rest. Of course then we’ll just be left with an Ark-ee-us/Are-see-us situation.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
*puts on tinfoil hat*
Maybe this is Nintendo's soft confirmation of the leak? Maybe this is a subtle way of them acknowledging its existence and validity.
*keeps tinfoil hat on*

We are on page 666. We will get a smash direct on Halloween.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Why would Isaac be silent? All anime/semi realistic/serious (Link, Marth, Shulk etc) characters pretty much have either full voices or grunts.

And Link himself is a silent protagonist while Issac had a voice actress in Brawl.
Not literally silent lol. I don't expect him to have voice lines/phrases/taunts. And he had a Japanese VA, but not an official English voice actor (otherwise one of us in here would be stuck to their Twitter like glue). Not that they can't go cast one or anything but he'll probably be similar to Link and not talk.

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I've arrived at home just now, any news about the leak or GS or the sprout or something? I want to know E V E R Y T H I N G

Olo

Smash Cadet
I’ve always seen it as a play on the word synergy. So that’s how I’ve always pronounced it. Sinner gee.

But I’ve heard other people call it psy energy as well. I can’t wait for this to somehow be laid to rest. Of course then we’ll just be left with an Ark-ee-us/Are-see-us situation.
I've always used an unholy combination of the two: "Psy-nergy". Why? Because that's the way it's spelled. ;)

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I've a bit of a spring in my step the past few days with the mounting evidence of Isaac actually being in. I've been humming the battle theme all day.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So how many of you GS fans are prepared for the inevitable trolls who’ll complain about Isaac being another anime swordsman?

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
All ArtsyOmni did was point out the discrepancies in the background everyone was already talking about, he just did it with more detail and rightfully so coming from an artist. The thing is that no matter how many smudged cloud there are, how many rocks are missing, we can't determine if they are relevant because, news flash, the public hasn't seen the full final banner yet.

Also also, so what if the empty background is not consistent?? Is anyone ever going to see anything with all the characters in front?? People, if there's anything they can slack off with is the parts of the background that are not going to be seen anyway. The background has been already altered officially, and that's a fact.

Don't miss the big picture trying to nitpick clouds (or overlaying Little Mac to Shulk heh). Nothing has changed, nothing has debunked it yet. And one last thing, I don't really get people who "are on the fence", like, dude (in general), either you believe it or not, if you are on the fence, you don't believe, period.

#TeamReal
Actually I would like to believe it is true. It has alot of validation as well as some fairly solid arguments against it. So therefore no one can say with 100% certainty "yes it is real" or "no it is fake" So what you are trying to say is when I go to order an ice cream cone I can only get chocolate or vanilla, that I am unable to get chocolate vanilla swirl because then I am only getting vanilla? I figured using simple terms would help you see how much sense your statement makes.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So how many of you GS fans are prepared for the inevitable trolls who’ll complain about Isaac being another anime swordsman?
Frankly, if Isaac actually ends up playable, I'd be too busy being happy to be bothered. It would almost feel so surreal hypothetically seeing Isaac as a playable character. I mean a "dead" character from a "dead franchise" that is neither from the 80's (so he wouldn't fill the "retro" quota) nor one of Nintendo's more well-known IPs making it into a 2018 instalment of the high-profile crossover game series is almost too good to be true, especially since the reason he'd make it in is due to high fan demand (which is especially notable, given the popularity of "vocal minority" arguments).

Keep in mind Smash Ultimate, should Isaac end up playable, would be the first official appearance Isaac has literally made since 8 years ago, not even making any cameo appearances since Dark Dawn. With barely any Golden Sun content nor any indication that Sakurai even cares about Golden Sun, anyone acting like Isaac was ever a "predictable" or "safe" character don't really understand the significance of Isaac possibly ending up playable, despite the only thing indicating he had a chance for Ultimate are our hopes and dreams. Isaac is arguably a bigger underdog than any possible Smash character that are seriously considered and his inclusion would be a huge victory not just for Golden Sun fans, but also the idea that lesser-known franchises that aren't "hip", "relevant", "iconic" or "retro" enough has their place in a Smash roster.

iam8bit

Smash Ace

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you have to worry about them after the announcement. Maybe it's just me but, the people who said "Ridley was too big" pretty much disappeared after E3.

Top Bottom