• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Characters on the leak in order of my hype (Banjo and Isaac are tied for first): Isaac, Banjo, Geno, Shadow, Ken, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
So how many of you GS fans are prepared for the inevitable trolls who’ll complain about Isaac being another anime swordsman?
Doesn't matter to me because I got what I wanted. Let them cry and rage for all I care. I'll be enjoying all the great characters we got, including Isaac.

Hey, I have a question for all of you. Outside of Isaac, what other characters in the leak are you excited for? I am rather excited for Geno, as he has always been at the top of my list. I am fine with the rest of the characters and glad that so many long requests are coming through, but my shock and curiosity over Mach Rider got me to look more into him/her and I am quite excited for the character now.
I'm excited for Ken, Geno, and The Chorus Kids.

Geno is basically in the same boat as Isaac and honestly, I want the Geno fans to be just as happy as the Isaac fans when they both make their debut.

Ken is more of a personal preference. Don't get me wrong, I like Ryu, but I like Ken's design and personality more.

The Chorus Kids, tho... They're so adorable! 。(>ω<。)

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
So how many of you GS fans are prepared for the inevitable trolls who’ll complain about Isaac being another anime swordsman?
You haven’t been here long have you? Lol. This is a battle we’ve been raging for a while. It’s the main reason why detractors have been actively against Isaac.

I’m kind of hoping when these people see his Venus Psynergy focused moveset, they’ll stop with that nonsense.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Well, this week has been amazing. Certainly one that none of us will never forget for a long time.

And even then we still won't forget it.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
You haven’t been here long have you? Lol. This is a battle we’ve been raging for a while. It’s the main reason why detractors have been actively against Isaac.

I’m kind of hoping when these people see his Venus Psynergy focused moveset, they’ll stop with that nonsense.
Don't worry they'll find other BS like "ANOTHER BLOND-HAIR SWORDSMAN SOOOOOOO UNCREATIVE"
I can already smell it...

But jokes aside I hope Sakurai will design him with almost no to not a single Sword Slash move since Isaac won't need any.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I know I'll be a black sheep here but I've yet to hear a satisfying argument for the leak being real after Artsy Omni's stream.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have a question for all of you. Outside of Isaac, what other characters in the leak are you excited for? I am rather excited for Geno, as he has always been at the top of my list. I am fine with the rest of the characters and glad that so many long requests are coming through, but my shock and curiosity over Mach Rider got me to look more into him/her and I am quite excited for the character now.
Almost all of them, actually! I'm most excited for Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie! Isaac moreso, but Banjo-Kazooie are close behind!

Banjo-Kazooie getting in would be almost surreal - I never really said anything about supporting them, because I honestly never thought it would happen! But I've always loved Banjo-Kazooie! One of my favorite games on the N64. I always thought they'd be awesome additions, but never thought it would happen because of Microsoft owning them. If this does pan out, it would be so crazy to me!

Right behind them is Geno. I've always loved Mario RPGs, including... Mario RPG! So I always wanted Geno to get in. I like his character, and he's got lots of cool moves!

I like Rhythm Heaven, and while I'm not a super passionate fan of the series, I've enjoyed all of the RH games I've played! So the Chorus Kids are another choice I like.

Mach Rider isn't a character that I really wanted for Smash, but as the weird retro choice for Ultimate, I'd welcome them! If the leak is real, I'm eager to see how they work.

Ken and Shadow are the two I'm not super excited for, but hey! It's an amazing lineup!

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I know I'll be a black sheep here but I've yet to hear a satisfying argument for the leak being real after Artsy Omni's stream.
You’re not a black sheep, but I feel like we’re beating a dead horse when it comes to his leak. You either believe it or you don’t. And that’s fine.

We have less than a month and a half before the game comes out. We’ll know everything we need to know soon.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Isaac and geno are the super exciting ones for me, but the rest are really good choices that I am quite happy about.

I'd actually be hyped for mach rider though not gonna lie. Mumen rider echo pls
Mumen+rider+will+save+us++_a07f4d05b529781f2cd40f700d459a99.png

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Don't worry they'll find other BS like "ANOTHER BLOND-HAIR SWORDSMAN SOOOOOOO UNCREATIVE"
I can already smell it...

But jokes aside I hope Sakurai will design him with almost no to not a single Sword Slash move since Isaac won't need any.
Yeah I expect Isaac being part of the dreaded 'anime crew' and already foresee him getting punched by Captain Falcon in someone's animated video lol.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Isaac and geno are the super exciting ones for me, but the rest are really good choices that I am quite happy about.

I'd actually be hyped for mach rider though not gonna lie. Mumen rider echo plsView attachment 172400
I literally died of laughter thank you for that :D Now I might need to play him as a fun character too if he makes the cut lol

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, I know next to nothing about Golden Sun, but I'm interested in seeing Issac anyway, if just to get a better understanding of what he's like.

Mach Rider is another game I know nothing about, but that's why we need his return to refresh people's memories. Plus, he's probably the best choice for a new retro rep (since Takamaru got Assist Trophy'd again...).

Banjo-Kazooie... Holy cow. They've been at the top of my most-wanted-yet-probably-impossible list for a long time. I thought we'd get them later as DLC, but getting them in the base game? That'd be the miracle to end all miracles.

Geno is my 2nd most-wanted after the aforementioned duo. I didn't get into Super Mario RPG until later in life, but even before playing it, I could see why he's been so requested.

Chorus Kids are interesting. I've never played Rhythm Heaven, but I get the appeal of these characters and they'd make a great "WTF fighter" for this installment.

Shadow, I'm fine with. He has plenty of fans and is a really obvious choice for Echo, so making him playable just seems right.

Ken... eh. I would've liked a more unique Street Fighter character, but I'm not mad about him being chosen. Given that he was originally a Ryu clone, it makes sense.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ken... eh. I would've liked a more unique Street Fighter character, but I'm not mad about him being chosen. Given that he was originally a Ryu clone, it makes sense.
Heck, he is the original clone character. Sure, it's kinda natural to feel like we could have gotten a more unique SF rep, but Ken's placement just kinda feel's right, especially after the introduction of echo fighters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While obviously I'm most interested in Isaac, of course I'm all for Banjo-Kazooie. And I'm kinda legit interested in Mach Rider now, as well.

Also, Shadow's my favorie Sonic character, so of course I'm really into him being playable. (And tbh, ever since August I've been completely convinced he's in.)

That's fine. It'll be proved in time anyway. You don't have to believe it now.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Tbh the Geno fans made me want to see geno in game, I'm just curious to see and maybe even play him !
If Isaac is in, I hope our Geno bros will get in too.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Saw this in the comment on YouTube credit to "Pac Max":

Every User Down in Discord Liked Pre-release hype a lot...
But the Grinch, Who lived up in France, Did NOT!
The Grinch hated Pre-release hype! The whole Pre-release season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
Maybe it was because he thought it was a waste.
Or perhaps the final roster wasn't to his taste.
But I think the real cause of which
Was that he didn't own a Nintendo Switch.
So then the Grinch, while he sat in his chair
Decided to make Ultimate for everyone unfair
‘I shall release a leak all blurry and askew!
One that’ll make all of the Smash fans argue!’
With that the Grinch with a snap and a shot
Uploaded a link right on the spot
He added some characters here and there
And even had space for Shadow and Banjo to spare
As The Grinch snapped the roster with a quick snap
He knew he had to find a scapegoat to deal with the legal crap
He came across Frenchman Eric Picard
Who's position at his company was held in high regard
'Excuse me sir, why are you taking that pic?
Don't you know that would get you fired real quick?'
But of course the Grinch was so smart and so slick,
that he thought up a lie and thought it up quick.
'Why, my dear Frenchman,
There's a leak in the pipes near these files.
So I took a picture to report it to Cooperate Plumbing in style.
So I'm fixing the leak and fixing it right,
For the pipes need to be sealed shut tight.'
And his fib fooled the Frenchman and patted his head.
He got him a drink and sent him to bed.
And stole his ID and placed it in the pic instead,
For after all, the Nintendo Ninjas were out for his head.
So The Grinch put a Frenchman in his place and marked him for dead.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
TBH, I'm personally not really interested in any of the characters in the leak aside from Isaac. However, I'm very easily to see that being only on a personal level. It's a lot like with Ridley and K Rool. I have no interest in either character, but I was rooting for them all of the way. Geno and Banjo & Kazooie are similar and I know that them making it in would be a dream come true for many.

If I'm being honest, Isaac is all I need... But if this leak turns out real, I'll be so happy not just because of Isaac, but because of Geno and Banjo & Kazooie, too. The final rosters for both Brawl and SSB4 were um... well, not crowd-pleasers to put it lightly. This roster would be a real turn around and I would feel legitimately and fully happy with it, and again, I say that not (just) because of Isaac, but because the roster would actually be for us fans clear to the end.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Sonic is going to be bad no. Just because they got rid of spin dash shenanigans won't mean much with a meaty back air like he has and he still has all the other stuff intact (maybe not the grab stuff I haven't seen much Sonic footage). No. Sonic is still going to be very good in this game. I don't know why you'd think he'd be "bad".
That aside..

How are people trying to weasel out of all of these coincidences? At this point there are just far too many now.
He's in. In base. The chances are rising now. It's only a matter of time.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Sonic is not going to suffer, if anything he'll just be more tolerable to fight

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
TBH, I'm personally not really interested in any of the characters in the leak aside from Isaac. However, I'm very easily to see that being only on a personal level. It's a lot like with Ridley and K Rool. I have no interest in either character, but I was rooting for them all of the way. Geno and Banjo & Kazooie are similar and I know that them making it in would be a dream come true for many.

If I'm being honest, Isaac is all I need... But if this leak turns out real, I'll be so happy not just because of Isaac, but because of Geno and Banjo & Kazooie, too. The final rosters for both Brawl and SSB4 were um... well, not crowd-pleasers to put it lightly. This roster would be a real turn around and I would feel legitimately and fully happy with it, and again, I say that not (just) because of Isaac, but because the roster would actually be for us fans clear to the end.
Same. Isaac is the only fighter I want in Smash.

Banjo and Kazooie: I can see the appeal, but I didn’t grow up with these characters. Hell, to this day I still haven’t played a B&K game... eh.

Shadow: Sonic has never been my thing. Least if all Edgy Sonic... eh.

Ken: I think it’s be a neat inclusion given he’s basically the first clone ever. But I don’t play SF. So.... eh.

Geno: never player Super Mario RPG... eh.

Mach Rider: Who?... eh.

So yeah. Isaac is the only character in the leak I give a damn about.

As for the characters we’ve gotten so far...

Daisy and Ridley... yeah that’s about it. Don’t like Castlevania. Never played Splatoon. Don’t care much for Donkey Kong so K Rool is eh for me. I like Fire Emblem. But it’s hard to excited for Chrom when he’s yet another FE clone. Never beat Metroid Prime 1 and never played the rest. Tho that’s more because I never had the option to, id love to play them at some point. That being said I don’t know much about Dark Samus.

So that’s where I’m at with the current roster and the leak characters.

Edit: Forgot Chorus Kids. Eh. Never played Rhythym heaven lol. I’m a terrible gamer, aren’t I?

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
For the characters in the leak, this is my excitement ranking:

Isaac >>> Geno > Mach Rider > Chorus Kids > Ken > Banjo-Kazooie > Shadow

Sorry guys, never played Banjo-Kazooie back in the day and I'm not big on Sonic either. :p

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
You know I think we should be happy even with only 1 character we like. The game has to add variety and appeal to everyone after all. If this leak proves to be exact I will have two characters I want in this game, Isaac and the kids and I'm perfectly fine with this.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
You know I think we should be happy even with only 1 character we like. The game has to add variety and appeal to everyone after all. If this leak proves to be exact I will have two characters I want in this game, Isaac and the kids and I'm perfectly fine with this.
100% agree. It's just an extra treat for people who like more than one of these characters :p

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Shadow - I have a lot of experience with the Sonic series, and there are a few characters I'd take over Shadow as a second Sonic rep, but I'd be pretty pleased with Shadow's inclusion, considering how convenient he is.

Ken - Sentiments are largely the same as Shadow.

Banjo and Kazooie - It's been years since I've played the games, but they are charming characters in classic Rare fashion, so I'm all for them as well.

Geno - Never played SMRPG, and never cared much for Geno, but his fans have been fighting for him for about as long as me and my fellow Ridley/K. Rool fans, so he deserves it for that.

Mach Rider - Pretty much the same way I've treated other retro picks. Want to see how they play.

Chorus Kids - I was actually most interested in them among the Gematsu names. Was kinda bummed over them not making it. Pretty cool how Gematsu will become 100% true in a roundabout manner if they are in.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
If this leak turns out true I feel bad for surface leakers and insiders. The collective whole of that community will never stop hearing about this till the day they die. Not unless one among them is capable of convincing the others prior to a official reveal, and they all backtrack. Even then, the hate will be immense.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
You know what would be interesting? If this leak was real, and some of these characters are revealed in the next direct, but when they're placed on the banner they give them different designs to throw us off. I don't think it takes a ridiculous amount of effort for a professional artist to make a redesign of character art to throw people off, of course assuming the leak is real and Nintendo is aware of all this.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Same. Isaac is the only fighter I want in Smash.

Banjo and Kazooie: I can see the appeal, but I didn’t grow up with these characters. Hell, to this day I still haven’t played a B&K game... eh.

Shadow: Sonic has never been my thing. Least if all Edgy Sonic... eh.

Ken: I think it’s be a neat inclusion given he’s basically the first clone ever. But I don’t play SF. So.... eh.

Geno: never player Super Mario RPG... eh.

Mach Rider: Who?... eh.

So yeah. Isaac is the only character in the leak I give a damn about.

As for the characters we’ve gotten so far...

Daisy and Ridley... yeah that’s about it. Don’t like Castlevania. Never played Splatoon. Don’t care much for Donkey Kong so K Rool is eh for me. I like Fire Emblem. But it’s hard to excited for Chrom when he’s yet another FE clone. Never beat Metroid Prime 1 and never played the rest. Tho that’s more because I never had the option to, id love to play them at some point. That being said I don’t know much about Dark Samus.

So that’s where I’m at with the current roster and the leak characters.
For me it goes a bit like this:

Shadow: This is actually a nostalgic character for me because I grew up with Sonic Adventure 2 being my favorite of the series. (Mind you I've played all Sonic games since I was a kid from the first all the way to current.) I don't entirely enjoy playing as Sonic in Smash since Brawl. He stopped looking, feeling, and playing fluidly to me. Something about his animations, voice, and overall feeling just felt really off to me and I haven't enjoyed him since.

Shadow might alleviate this issue for me, as I've always enjoyed his character. I know playing as Knuckles and Project M sure felt a lot better, so I'm sure the case will be the same here. Even if its to a lesser degree. (Ya know... since Echo Fighters are more or less the same.)

Ken: This might come across as silly to most, but Ken holds a very significant place in my heart. Specifically because he is a deceased friend of mine's favorite character. He wouldn't have believed it if he made it in. So this inclusion brings me a personal joy.

Banjo-Kazooie: I've played the first game, but never grew attached to the series honestly.

Geno: I more or less have never known much about Geno despite having played a little of the game he is from when I was a kid. I always thought he looked cool. But I can't help but to feel like I could never grasp the hype the same as his undying fans. I certainly welcome him, and maybe Smash might be my gateway into liking him.

Mach Rider: I'm having some dire flashbacks of Ghost Rider in UMvC 3... But I'm sure he will be interesting. I'm quite curious about him and want to try him out at the very least. I might be pleasantly surprised.

Chorus Kids: Well... Someone wanted them. It wasn't me. Lol.. But they are welcome nonetheless

Isaac: This one is an interesting case for me tbh. I've never really cared too much about Golden Sun as a game. A couple of my old close friends were huge on it way back in the day. I remember constantly hearing Golden Sun music all the time because of how much my friends obsessed over it. And something about that etched Isaac in the back of my mind as a character I'd eventually grow to love on principle.

Fast forward to current day where I've made friends like Shin F. who love Golden Sun. Hearing him talk about how much the character can do and what he is like really inspired me to support him ever since Project M. Isaac sounds so intriguing and I hope he turns out as exciting to me as characters like Robin, Shulk, and Cloud have.

Now about the others:

Ridley & K. Rool: This is another one of those weird cases where I honestly had nothing but spite towards a character because of its fans. But I grew to understand where they are coming from, despite never caring about these characters. I always defended their right to be in Smash, like Isaac. Especially in the Project M thread. This led me to eventually be kind of curious about them and grow to enjoy them. Even if through the means of memes and such, they grew on me to be funny and enjoyable characters all the same. I don't think I'll ever appreciate them the same way their fans do. But I do enjoy them nonetheless.

Simon & Richter: Can't say I've ever been a fan of Castlevania. They certainly look interesting and I'm willing to give them a shot. But I did start watching the Netflix animation. It is pretty lit. I'm pretty neutral on these guys though.

Dark Samus: Better Samus. Will at least try. Not fond of Samus playstyle wise, but I did love Metroid Prime 2.

Chrom: I'm conflicted. I don't like Chrom. But I do like Roy. And him having an echo fighter feels like I'm obligated to try him. Though he is the first hybrid echo, and that intrigues me.

Daisy: Hi I'm Daisy. That is pretty much all I get out of this. It's dank, but I don't play Peach. *shrug*

Isabelle: I liked Villager. I love Isabelle as a character. Didn't expect her to be as unique as she was. I'm pleased with this. I always enjoyed playing her in Mario Kart 8 as well.

Inkling: This was the character I voted for on the Ballot. But only because I thought they would be in Smash Wii U. I wish I voted for Shantae, but that doesn't change the fact I really wanted this character. They look super interesting and are one of the characters I can't wait to try out. #Booyah

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Geno, Isaac, Banjo, and my main man/woman Mach Rider. Super Smash Boomers UNITE

Top Bottom