• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
To add to this, all of those slight positioning of characters needed any obvious imperfection removed or ironed out, while also creating a seamless transition between the filled out battlefield and the empty one. These, on top of having to cover their tracks, thinking of another unrelated material like Grinch, looking up different printing companies and searching up their employees (if the leak wasn't done by Eric Bricard), or going through all the trouble of making the mural while trying to balance a job and living if he is, possibly jeopradizing your job for internet fame due to defamation, as well as knowing enough of GS to include little details in the mural when a simple sword pose would've been much easier and still come off as believable. Anyway you slice it, an unhealthy amount of work went into making this just for it to be debunked by official news if it were fake.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, I have a question for all of you. Outside of Isaac, what other characters in the leak are you excited for? I am rather excited for Geno, as he has always been at the top of my list. I am fine with the rest of the characters and glad that so many long requests are coming through, but my shock and curiosity over Mach Rider got me to look more into him/her and I am quite excited for the character now.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I found someone doing this. It may raises the Grinch's chances.

It has been a while since I posted here helping with the ESRB leak from Smash 3DS. Hi everybody :p

So here's something you can try with the background if you have photoshop, and understand what happens to the image because of the low quality and artifacts caused by the recording.

Let's compare the clean background with the leaked background. Look at the spots marked in red, which are (at least to me) the most suspicious spots in the image.

View attachment 172360

Now, let's apply a filter to the clean background: Filter > Noise > Median.

See what happens to the waterfalls if I increase the value of the filter:
View attachment 172363

The waterfall from the right tends to dissapear, just like in the leaked image.

And this is what happens to the castle area:

View attachment 172364

Doesn't it look a lot more like the leaked image? I just played with the "median" filter in photoshop, that's all. You can try!

So, yeah... My point is that we have been look at the same exact background all the time, but it has been severely modified because of quality and artifacts stuff. Don't forget we are looking at the screenshot of a video in motion of a draft print.

(If you want the same result, apply Median 19 for the waterfalls and Median 28 for the castle area).
This is some BIG BRAIN crap!

Last edited:

Dihan

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I have a question for all of you. Outside of Isaac, what other characters in the leak are you excited for? I am rather excited for Geno, as he has always been at the top of my list. I am fine with the rest of the characters and glad that so many long requests are coming through, but my shock and curiosity over Mach Rider got me to look more into him/her and I am quite excited for the character now.
I love Rhythm Heaven so I'm definitely interested in seeing how the Chorus Kids would play. Mach Rider is also an interesting one because he/she is such a blank slate. I don't have much of a connection to Banjo or Geno but I'd give them a shot. Assuming it's real, of course...

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Never in my wildest dreams that I would want a leak like this to be real.
Definitely Banjo & Kazooie for sure. I grew up with Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. They will always in my mind be considered Nintendo characters despite being under Microsoft.

Mach Rider sure seems interesting choice though I'm not sure how Mach Rider could work in Smash.

I like Geno but I feel he is kinda overhyped for a character who has one major appearance and a cameo. I know some of you here support Geno and I hope you get your wish.

Chorus Kids are a meh to me.

I would be thrilled to see Shadow playable. Ken would also be a treat to see too.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Banjo and Kazooie. The rest are pretty meh to me honestly. I do like Geno and SMRPG but Paper Mario > SMRPG so pretty apathetic to Geno being in Smash. Still, that's fine as Isaac and Banjo were tied for my most wanted since Brawl so I'm completely happy with this roster.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I love Rhythm Heaven so I'm definitely interested in seeing how the Chorus Kids would play. Mach Rider is also an interesting one because he/she is such a blank slate. I don't have much of a connection to Banjo or Geno but I'd give them a shot. Assuming it's real, of course...
Still neutral on the whole thing of course, I have no idea how this will all end. I hope for the best of course. I think what shocked me the most about Mach Rider was the fact that they could be a she. It was like going through learning Samus was a girl when I first saw Brawl, except this time it is much more ambiguous if it's true or not.

D

Deleted member

As much as I dislike collectathons, I think I'm going with Banjo & Kazooie, if it means we get plenty of Kazooie's sarcastic dialogue, which was what made Banjo-Tooie such an awesome game in my eyes.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pretty intriguing, but I think other ones might be Chorus Kids and Banjo & Kazooie. I had been RH-fan for many years since 2012, and seeing Chorus Kids finally be realized to rep RH-series is such a sheer joy! I might believe will become my new big faves if done well - at least I want them to feel as fun and charming as Pac-Man was in Sm4sh.

On that end I'm definitely going to enjoy finally playing Banjo & Kazooie in Smash after all these years... childhood finally gets completed to so many, including me. Wonder if to pick them up fully though, we'll see. I though AM looking IMMENSELY forward to the zany-sounding remixes.

Rest I'm more indifferent on about, honestly. Geno probably I'm having most mixed feelings - since him being there confirms truly that Toad's not any big priority as a playable character for Sakurai.

After that, it's off to campaigning for Dixie Kong as DLC, since it was implied she was planned to be in the roster, but got cut. Probably my most wanted character still left to be in Ultimate.

Well then, let's see how far this leak can still go...

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Super excited for both Isaac and Banjo & Kazooie.

Geno is interesting and I'm happy for the fans. Chorus Kids definitely sound like they could be fun and it would be great to see another Nintendo IP join alongside Golden Sun. Mach Rider is one I'm not sure about, but I'm open to the idea.

Ken and Shadow are kinda eh but I know Shadow has a sizeable fanbase so good for them.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So how many of you GS fans are prepared for the inevitable trolls who’ll complain about Isaac being another anime swordsman?
I could see people claiming Isaac's an old irrelevant character that 'stole' the slot of someone more fitting being a thing.
To add to this, all of those slight positioning of characters needed any obvious imperfection removed or ironed out, while also creating a seamless transition between the filled out battlefield and the empty one. These, on top of having to cover their tracks, thinking of another unrelated material like Grinch, looking up different printing companies and searching up their employees (if the leak wasn't done by Eric Bricard), or going through all the trouble of making the mural while trying to balance a job and living if he is, possibly jeopradizing your job for internet fame due to defamation, as well as knowing enough of GS to include little details in the mural when a simple sword pose would've been much easier and still come off as believable. Anyway you slice it, an unhealthy amount of work went into making this just for it to be debunked by official news if it were fake.
Also conveniently foreseeing in advance all the trademarks of certain series that would be renewing this year and deciding to add those specific characters to the mural leak to further gain credibility in his scheming.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone notice that the Chorus kids are freaking out about the butterfly Villager is trying to catch? I think that’s a pretty hilarious detail to add.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Did anyone notice that the Chorus kids are freaking out about the butterfly Villager is trying to catch? I think that’s a pretty hilarious detail to add.
Yeah I noticed that too.

At first I thought it might have been some kind of Rhythm Heaven reference but when I mentioned it in the Rhythm Heaven thread nobody said anything about it.

It's kinda random that they're scared of a butterfly.

Eagle

Smash Lord
This may be treasonous, but if the leak is real I will be maining Banjo Kazooie 100% I don't care how bad they are. I'd always thought I'd be super lucky just to get 1 of my most wanteds, I never would have thought I'd actually have the choice between BK and Isaac. Had BK not been in, I'd just main Isaac and I wouldn't really play anyone else.

I'm just in this thread more often 'cause it's just the better support thread. No offence BK supporters.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Banjo definitely banjo

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
As selfish as it sounds. I'm not an active supporter of any of these other characters. I could never get past the second world in Banjo Kazooie when I was a kid. My experience with Mario RPG is almost exclusively limited to the smash community and watching some of the game via chuggaaconroy's play through, and playing for like five minutes on my SNES classic. Mach Rider isn't the retro rep i'd have wanted, I wanted Takamaru. Chorus Kid always left me with indifference. I do think Rhythm Heaven needs a character, but seeing as i've never played Rhythm Heaven, I had no investment one way or the other. Ken is cool, and an eternity ago I was a Ryu supporter. (only on account of playing street fighter 4 on 3DS and enjoying it) but was ken my ideal second street fighter character? No it was Akuma or M Bison. One upon a time I was a shadow supporter, when I was very young actually. And my negative experiences with the sonic community, and especially the smash community thoughts on clones at that time, I was basically forced to stop supporting shadow kicking and screaming and I stopped caring.

So...out of Isaac this is actually a really underwhelming set of additions for me personally. I'll be immensely happy for those who were out out on the edge, especially for Banjo as I personally thought that was completely impossible and improbable before this leak. But my only source of hype and excitement will be coming from Isaac.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Yeah I noticed that too.

At first I thought it might have been some kind of Rhythm Heaven reference but when I mentioned it in the Rhythm Heaven thread nobody said anything about it.

It's kinda random that they're scared of a butterfly.
Someone mentioned too that it looks like Kazooie is freaking out at Snake's launcher if I remember correctly.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Shadow is next in line for me! The Sonic series is my second favorite (Zelda being my first and Golden Sun in third) and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle where Shadow first appeared is considered my second favorite Sonic game of all time and since that game, Shadow has been a favorite of mine. I hope he's at least semi clone-ish like at least have 2-3 different moves/specials like chaos control/teleport and chaos spear or something chaos related.

The other 5 I'm real hyped about too in several ways. #1 is to see these fans happy since we've waited with them for a long time. They just fit perfectly in this game and I can't wait to try them all!

In fact, Ultimate's newcomer roster (including echoes) is literally the best line up I've ever seen in a long time and it just makes me so happy!

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Neat note, our Switch at work was updated today with an official trailer for Smash Ultimate. Same trailer, but it's nice to see it coming to life in front of my eyes.

Lorisaur

Smash Cadet
I'm HYPED FOR ISAAC BECAUSE HE IS ISAAC

I'm HYPED for Banjo-Kazooie because I want to see gruntilda's lair ost while playing smash.. Just for that. Never played Banjo, I know the song from Star Revenge 2 and I absolutely love it

I'm hyped for Shadow as Sonic will be quite bad in this game

I'm decently hyped to see Ken but not really

I don't really know who chorus kids and mach rider are but ok

I'm sad that they put in Geno over characters from the M&L saga as Fawful, Popple, Cackletta, Princess Shroob, Antasma, and the list goes on but ok at least it had a cameo. When I was a child I used to think that Geno was not a living being lol

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
So how many of you GS fans are prepared for the inevitable trolls who’ll complain about Isaac being another anime swordsman?
Already read some people's post in the "Too many SMs" thread. Don't want to deal with that ignorance again and how uninformed most of those people are since they haven't either done their research correct or haven't even played the games.

So yeah if they cry about Isaac I won't care and enjoy the moment with the Isaac board together since it's about time for our golden boy to represent his games.

EDIT: As for the characters I am honestly not looking forward to any of them besides Isaac but I think they're characters that will make lots of fans happy and are mostly highly requested so I am definitely fine if the grinch leak is true.

Well maybe Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are fine to me because of the memes I got with my brother and Yoh Yoh lol

EDIT2: Oh my bad I TOTALLY forgot Ken lmao. If he makes it in I would play him as well since Ken was always one of my mains in SF and Capcom vs SNK games <3

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
While I would have liked Shadow to be more unique I think he's more interesting to me even though I'm not a big Sonic fan. I never really grew up with Banjo. Ken is alright and I might see how he compares to Ryu (I kinda got the inputs down to an extent).
Chorus Kids I have no clue about as well as Mach Rider. So those are wild cards. All the others that have been added I knew about or have played their games or seen them in some form before (barring like ROB and G&W and stuff).
Edit: I'll probably play Marcina, Isaac, Dark Pit, and one other character. I'm not sure on who that will be yet. Probably could be Snake, Link, or one of the new additions.

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Actually, I take it back. If the leak is real I'd love to play as the Chorus Kids. I bet they're done super well, with rhythm based timing for attacks.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Still neutral on the whole thing of course, I have no idea how this will all end. I hope for the best of course. I think what shocked me the most about Mach Rider was the fact that they could be a she. It was like going through learning Samus was a girl when I first saw Brawl, except this time it is much more ambiguous if it's true or not.
Yooo I just thought of something

What if we get male and female versions of mach rider

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yooo I just thought of something

What if we get male and female versions of mach rider
Actually, they could pull a mixture of a Robin and Little Mac on us. The idea of female Mach Rider came from the arcade version of the game, just like how wire frame Mac came from his arcade cabinet. So it is certainly possible as there is past characters to back it up.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie, definitely. Those games were childhood favorites of mine and they'd obviously be a perfect fit for Smash. I've never been a big Banjo supporter only because I've poured all my heart and soul into supporting Isaac over the last decade. I'm all for the bird and bear.

Chorus Kids and freaky-looking and I don't like them. I'm sure they're a fine addition though. A fine, freaky addition. I've got no interest in Geno or Ken, but they're fine additions as well. I don't care about Street Fighter, but Ken's an obvious echo fighter. Geno I think is overrated and I don't care for his game, but as an Isaac fan I don't have any room to talk! He's got a ton of fans that would love to see him in.

I have zero interest in Mach Rider only because I know nothing about it. If Sakurai's adding him/her over all other possible picks, he must have something special in mind.

Shadow is the only character I think is a lame inclusion. Shadow, buddy, I know it's not your fault, you were fine in Sonic Adventure 2, but I'm sorry to say that you represent everything wrong with modern Sonic and I wish you stayed as an assist trophy. /rant

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
That's the crazy thing about this, I don't know who I'm most excited for because all of them are fantastic, interesting choices. I'm interested to see what Sakurai will do will the Chorus Kids because, as a MASSIVE music person, that could be a character I could use. Geno and Banjo are compelling stories. I want to see the direction he takes Mach Rider in. Ken and Shadow are two characters I really like I'd be interested in giving a shot (even though Ryu and Sonic are not characters I use often).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have zero interest in Mach Rider only because I know nothing about it. If Sakurai's adding him/her over all other possible picks, he must have something special in mind.
To be fair, Mach Rider was considered for Melee apparently, so Sakurai must have had something in mind for a long time now.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If this leaks true out to be legit, who do you see popping up together in the trailers?

I would put Isaac with Geno and Mach Rider with Shadow.
Edit: Mach Rider would be super cool if a Kamen Rider moveset is involved.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I'd say Geno is probably my favourite of the six that I'd like to try. I've never played Super Mario RPG but I absolutely adore his design and the way he seems he'll be a gunner-style character. Banjo/Kazooie as well, as I have tons of friends who are hyped for them and their hype bleeds into mine. Mach Rider and Chorus Kids are cool, I have zero interest in the echo fighters though despite how I think they do fit in the roster.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Mach Rider and Chorus Kids making me lowkey hoping this leak turns out true. Not only have I been harping about the lack of first party newcomers in general, but they're the only characters where this leak is ride or die for them and if it gets debunked, unlikely they'll even be a thing. And I'm freaking curious to see what these two will look like in game play lol.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd say Geno is probably my favourite of the six that I'd like to try. I've never played Super Mario RPG but I absolutely adore his design and the way he seems he'll be a gunner-style character. Banjo/Kazooie as well, as I have tons of friends who are hyped for them and their hype bleeds into mine. Mach Rider and Chorus Kids are cool, I have zero interest in the echo fighters though despite how I think they do fit in the roster.
same on Geno, despite him being my number one. Only ever knew him from the community and video's on the internet(The music vids, Chugga, etc).

Also, what were you freaking out about a couple of posts up, I do not understand what you see. Maybe I am just blind, but can you explain?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have to say if the grinch leak does turn out to be true then this will easily be my favourite batch of newcomers in a Smash game ever.

Inkling, Ridley, King K. Rool, Isaac, Geno and Banjo & Kazooie are all phenomenal additions. Chorus Kids I'm not quite as blown away by but they're also a very interesting addition and also another Nintendo owned addition which is great. Alongside Golden Sun I think Rhythm Heaven is really deserving of playable representation.

even the characters I'm less excited for are cool and I know they have their fans. (Simon/Richer repping another iconic franchise in Castlevania, Isabelle as one of the newest faces of Nintendo, Chrom finally getting his day, Mach Rider as our quirky retro rep, and I know Daisy and Shadow have many many fans)

Dark Samus and Ken are also neat but I can't think of a specific reason. :p (although to be honest Ken is probably the character I'm least excited for out of all of them)

Last edited:
Top Bottom