• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Frankly if the last claim of 108 had been a typo, you'd expect any reputable magazine to print a retraction in the newer issue.

If they don't do that here, it either means they're callous towards misinformation (which seems unlikely for a publisher of anything above tabloid nonsense), or the only mistake was sharing that number, not the number itself.

Dormancy excludes popular characters all the time, it's the fact that only a few characters prove the exception which forms the basis of those claims. Sakurai himself has said something to the effect of characters with a future standing at greater odds of inclusion.

The only examples you've listed are those that eschew the normal inclusion process: third-parties and the retros. Isaac is neither of those (in Sakurai's mind, at least) and won't be granted such concessions, so equating them is fundamentally flawed. The closer example would be K. Rool, who hails from an active series, but is a long-dormant character included due to popularity. This is the path to the roster Isaac would take, one which wasn't really an option before Ultimate.
Ahh your right, hes not 3rd party or retro. I thought Pit was a good comparison before but Kid Icarus is most definately retro...

Its a good thing for his case then that chars like Ridley and K.Rool have been granted access cause yeah, Isaacs probably more so in the same boat as those two. Even though Metroid and DK aren't dead, they were still added more for demand than anything

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Not going to lie, every time I enter this thread it’s like a coin flip whether im going to see people cheering Isaac on, or “ALL HOPE IS LOST THIS IT THE END IS HERE CODE RED ABANDON SHIP”

Here’s my thoughts. Unless Sakurai, the man himself, says so, this stuff shouldn’t be taken as fact.
Yeah, things like this only make me want to get to the point where I'm sitting down and watching the final direct to get it over with.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Ahh your right, hes not 3rd party or retro. I thought Pit was a good comparison before but Kid Icarus is most definately retro...

Its a good thing for his case then that chars like Ridley and K.Rool have been granted access cause yeah, Isaacs probably more so in the same boat as those two.
sort of. dk and metroid aren't dead

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe that personally. I'm of the belief that 108 was a legit screw up on the part of CoroCoro. As in it was 103 but they put 108 by mistake.
But no one has come out and said "our bad guys, that was a big mistake" nobody has addressed it even slightly, which makes it seem like they don't want to draw any more attention to it either.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Remember: Melee, Brawl, Smash Wii U all had awkward looking stage select screens. It would not surprise me if Ultimate is the same way. Though I will say the user interface for Ultimate (based on what we have seen so far) does look slightly more impressive than Smash Wii U. (But seriously, why do they still have Games & More?)

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Not going to lie, every time I enter this thread it’s like a coin flip whether im going to see people cheering Isaac on, or “ALL HOPE IS LOST THIS IT THE END IS HERE CODE RED ABANDON SHIP”

Here’s my thoughts. Unless Sakurai, the man himself, says so, this stuff shouldn’t be taken as fact.
Im so hopeful my eyes are filled with stars, mostly owing to this Sakurai interview in combination with the Rath pic.

https://www.thegamer.com/masahiro-sakurai-smash-bros-twitter/ “I can’t carelessly tweet, so my tweets are very brief. I have to speak in a way so there’s no misunderstanding…,” Sakurai stated in an interview. “There are a lot of fanboys, so there are a lot of strange requests and questions, but really, I’m just a person who makes video games.” -Sakurai

COMBINED WITH

insert rath pic here -_-

Ill be beyond surprised if all along he really had just made the mistake of misleading the entire fanbase of a game (us) into the exact kind've misunderstanding he says here he wants to avoid. And during the time when people are guessing at/hoping for characters?

I...dont...think so. Isaac is in.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Remember: Melee, Brawl, Smash Wii U all had awkward looking stage select screens. It would not surprise me if Ultimate is the same way. Though I will say the user interface for Ultimate (based on what we have seen so far) does look slightly more impressive than Smash Wii U. (But seriously, why do they still have Games & More?)
But the stage screen in ultimate isn't awkward looking like the past games, this one is officially designed as a box. It makes zero sense to make a design like that and leave it unsymmetrical/not aligned properly, which is why filling it up with stages to match its design makes more sense

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
But the stage screen in ultimate isn't awkward looking like the past games, this one is officially designed as a box. It makes zero sense to make a design like that and leave it unsymmetrical/not aligned properly, which is why filling it up with stages to match its design makes more sense
Yeah, Smash games have had screen selects that have an actual box design (Smash 64 and Smash 3DS). What I am saying is that the stage selects in the Smash series have no consistency between entries (in how they are presented). Ultimate's stage select shows 103 stages that are presented in a large box but, 1) the game is not out yet it and can still change in development, 2) Sakurai said "all stages will be available from the beginning" yet the stage select shows 103 (which means either the stage select has been edited for the video or the total is 103).

Still, I do think that it is most likely we get 108 stages. I just wanted to point that out.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Yeah, this is keeping me hoping that 108 is real. It doesn't make sense to design it that way, even if they are leaving it open for DLC, that would mean 6 DLC stages at most, which is about 3 less than Wii U. That doesn't add up. We are getting 108 stages. A Golden Sun stage is one of them. Isaac is in, guys. I feel it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Out of all the newcomers so far, who is everyone most hype for? For me it was the Belmont duo.
After that probably Ridley. Almost more so for what it meant in terms of possibilty.
Same, both the Belmonts and K.Rool are my most hyped newcomers which makes it all the more sweet we got them in the same direct. Their movesets look incredibly fun and to the point. Also Ridley and the Inklings do come close for me
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...

Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely.
You guys shouldn't lose hope and beat youselves up from this. Like others have said before me this is likely just to change the possible spoiler they made in the previous issue since they made no official statement regarding the stage count and making a mistake. Corocoro or not, I still expect more stages to come and I still think Isaac still has a good shot for base and DLC. You just need to have faith in the golden boy and keep pushing for his inclusion

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Melee's stage roster was way too irregular design-wise, but from then on (and even N64 before Melee), Brawl and Smash Wii U / 3Ds had completely full and symmetric stage rosters, specifically base rosters.
New Project(1).jpg

This time, Ultimate has a perfect square roster, meaning less liberty of design, so you gotta fill it entirely or leave similar gaps to each side of the final row, which they didn't, they just left almost half of the final row empty.
super-smash-bros-ultimate-stages(1).jpg
The demo builds of the game have the entire stage roster filled from corner to corner, even when they have less stages on them. Even back then we saw a fully filed stage roster:

fywixe0cnl311.png

Conclusion: if the stage roster was 103 and done, then they would've shown us the stages resized in a way that it would fill the entire roster corner to corner. It doesn't take two brains to do this in design area and they are definitely not killing a menu's design for lazyness on resizing things, if you think they are then you're simply delusional and in denial of us getting more stages to fill the rest of the gap, and whoever says "they have weird menus before" is just as a bad excuse or comeback. It's not precedented in any of the Smash games and Melee doesn't count because the roster design of that game is truly the only one that makes no sense, every other one does whether it's a perfect square or not and they are symmetrical. And to make things even worse (or better), all stages are gonna be available on the go this time if I'm not mistaken.
Therefore that gap we saw last time totally suggest and implies more stages we haven't seen. Typo or not, 108 just makes perfect sense and it's gonna happen, period (at least for base, if there are more in the future with DLC you can expect the usual next page to be added, as they won't downsize the stages any further otherwise that would be impossible to stare at on small screen.) The only way anyone can make me think otherwise on this is if they show me 103 stage roster filling the entire thing as it is supposed to, but if they didn't already it's because there is clearly more to be seen at this point still.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this is keeping me hoping that 108 is real. It doesn't make sense to design it that way, even if they are leaving it open for DLC, that would mean 6 DLC stages at most, which is about 3 less than Wii U. That doesn't add up. We are getting 108 stages. A Golden Sun stage is one of them. Isaac is in, guys. I feel it.
On Smash 3DS they had a box shaped stage select with one blank space reserved for DLC stages. So take that for what you will.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But no one has come out and said "our bad guys, that was a big mistake" nobody has addressed it even slightly, which makes it seem like they don't want to draw any more attention to it either.
True true. Of course Nintendo might have requested that they didn't give a statement like that to avoid giving a clear answer.

Which makes it all the while frustrating because you could argue either way. I'm not too sure what to believe but the good news is that we're probably just mere weeks from finding out.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Tbh I really don't care, Corocoro could have said that they made a mistake long ago.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the newcomers so far, who is everyone most hype for? For me it was the Belmont duo.
After that probably Ridley. Almost more so for what it meant in terms of possibilty.
Sadly, none of the newcomers so far have made me excited. I've been very indifferent toward the lot of them. The only 4 I've really been dying for are Banjo, Geno, Isaac and Shantae. This has been the case ever since Nintendo first put out the notion that we have the power to decide. Up until this game, it seemed the only one I might get to see is Isaac, which would be phenomenal, but deep down I've been wanting Banjo ever since Smash was born. The thought that Ultimate might be released without any of these amazing 4 really gets me down. Sakurai has given us so much already with this game that I really have no right to complain. It's just that with such a wide net of hope being cast, you'd think I would have caught something by now...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sadly, none of the newcomers so far have made me excited. I've been very indifferent toward the lot of them. The only 4 I've really been dying for are Banjo, Geno, Isaac and Shantae. This has been the case ever since Nintendo first put out the notion that we have the power to decide. Up until this game, it seemed the only one I might get to see is Isaac, which would be phenomenal, but deep down I've been wanting Banjo ever since Smash was born. The thought that Ultimate might be released without any of these amazing 4 really gets me down. Sakurai has given us so much already with this game that I really have no right to complain. It's just that with such a wide net of hope being cast, you'd think I would have caught something by now...
I hope we get all of them. Those 4 are the characters I'm prying will be the last revealed characters announced.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Welcome to the club. I've made my peace with being disappointed. One of my four most wanted characters, Bowser Jr., has been in the roster since Smash 4, albeit not how I envisioned him (but the Inklings in Ultimate come close enough to my Bowser Jr. concept for my liking). However, things don't look rosy for the other three; Bomberman and Krystal are both Assist Trophies, and Vaati has pretty much been entirely forgotten by Nintendo. The only other three characters I want — Corsola, Dragonite, and Moge-ko — never had a chance to begin with (well, okay, Dragonite may have had a chance in the early 2000's, but not much of one, considering it had to compete with more iconic Pokémon like Mewtwo, Charizard, and Lucario). All other characters on my wishlist (including Ridley and K. Rool, as well as the 4 you mentioned) are characters I want mainly for the sake of their dedicated fans. Basically, I've only gotten one bone thrown my way since Brawl, and that bone was half-chewed to begin with. But that's okay; I've found plenty of new characters to enjoy playing as in each game. Brawl brought :sonic:, :snake:, :rob:, and :lucario:; Lucario has become one of the primary three characters I use along with Ness and Jigglypuff, while Sonic was pretty much the fifth place on my most-desired characters list. Smash 4 brought along :4pacman:, :4megaman:, :4duckhunt:, and especially :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:. Even though I haven't gotten the characters I really wanted, overall I'm happy with the characters who have made it in. I look forward to using :ultkrool:, :ultsimon:, and :ultridley: in Ultimate.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Welcome to the club. I've made my peace with being disappointed. One of my four most wanted characters, Bowser Jr., has been in the roster since Smash 4, albeit not how I envisioned him (but the Inklings in Ultimate come close enough to my Bowser Jr. concept for my liking). However, things don't look rosy for the other three; Bomberman and Krystal are both Assist Trophies, and Vaati has pretty much been entirely forgotten by Nintendo. The only other three characters I want — Corsola, Dragonite, and Moge-ko — never had a chance to begin with (well, okay, Dragonite may have had a chance in the early 2000's, but not much of one, considering it had to compete with more iconic Pokémon like Mewtwo, Charizard, and Lucario). All other characters on my wishlist (including Ridley and K. Rool, as well as the 4 you mentioned) are characters I want mainly for the sake of their dedicated fans. Basically, I've only gotten one bone thrown my way since Brawl, and that bone was half-chewed to begin with. But that's okay; I've found plenty of new characters to enjoy playing as in each game. Brawl brought :sonic:, :snake:, :rob:, and :lucario:; Lucario has become one of the primary three characters I use along with Ness and Jigglypuff, while Sonic was pretty much the fifth place on my most-desired characters list. Smash 4 brought along :4pacman:, :4megaman:, :4duckhunt:, and especially :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:. Even though I haven't gotten the characters I really wanted, overall I'm happy with the characters who have made it in. I look forward to using :ultkrool:, :ultsimon:, and :ultridley: in Ultimate.
The roster so far in Ultimate has been so pleasing to the eye. Especially looking at the newcomers. I see them and go, "Yes! Finally! It's about time! They belong here!" Every time I look at Smash 4, it feels incomplete. Like its soul isn't really all there. Ultimate HAS soul! Everything that we've ever wanted in a Smash game and more is in this game! And the game will be made perfect once we see those characters that have been asked for all these years like Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Shantae, Shadow, Dixie, etc. I know for me, Isaac will seal the deal for me and the only one who will make me not ask for Sakurai for anything else ever again. (Even though I will support Felix too. lol)

Edit: ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With their being possibly being only 103 stages. It may hinder a character like Isaac's chances.

Think I get that, still not giving up if not base roster. Hopefully DLC.

Still believe Isaac has a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I think after how long that issue was released now backpedaling is even more suspicious like they are trying really hard to hide stuff. 108 is real. It has to be now.
103 is not the final stage count. You cannot convince me otherwise. There would be no hype left if that's the case. And I know Nintendo wants to BUILD hype instead of deconstructing it. And this is a big deconstruction of hype.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I think after how long that issue was released now backpedaling is even more suspicious like they are trying really hard to hide stuff. 108 is real. It has to be now.
103 is not the final stage count. You cannot convince me otherwise. There would be no hype left if that's the case. And I know Nintendo wants to BUILD hype instead of deconstructing it. And this is a big deconstruction of hype.
well they're doing a lousy job building it if that's what they're going for

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know about you guys, but nothing is going to stand in the way of my hopes for Isaac. Leakers will say whatever crap they want, but that won’t stop me from believing.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I am excited for the newcomers, but I get excited for almost everyone, most are from games I haven't played (and should play someday).
My expectatives are low for anything but this game's direction gives me hope, this game is for all the types of Smash fans, and the newcomers show it:
Casual players and younger fans have :ultinkling::ultchrom::ultisabelle:, fan demand for :ultsnake: brought along :ultsimon::ultrichter: who are loved by older players, and Smash veterans managed to get :ultridley: AND :ultkrool:. We have to remember how 4 in particular got in: Japanese fan demand for Chrom, overseas demand for the Metroid characters and overall high demand for KKR.
Now, for who I think are the last 2 characters, they are related to what I just wrote. Another 2 fan requested characters, one whose game wasn't originally released on Europe (like:ultness: but he got in due to sharing some devs) and another with mostly European support (like supposedly :ultbayonetta:). Yes, I think Isaac and Geno going to be the final 2 characters, it would bring us to a perfect 70 and appeal to the most talked about regions. Hope is the last thing that can be lost.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
If you any of you start feeling doubt about our boi, just remember that we have so many coincidences to back us up! Stay positive, even if Coro Coro say 103. That doesn't mean that it isn't 108 or more stages left. There is no real proof of it yet, nothing has been announced by Nintendo to state otherwise.

Either way, Isaac, Skull Kid, Bandana Waddle Dee and Banjo still have good chances!! Especially Isaac!! Don't give up hope! We have come too far to back down now. I said it before and I'll say it again. Isaac is in!

Edit: Geno too!!

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I am excited for the newcomers, but I get excited for almost everyone, most are from games I haven't played (and should play someday).
My expectatives are low for anything but this game's direction gives me hope, this game is for all the types of Smash fans, and the newcomers show it:
Casual players and younger fans have :ultinkling::ultchrom::ultisabelle:, fan demand for :ultsnake: brought along :ultsimon::ultrichter: who are loved by older players, and Smash veterans managed to get :ultridley: AND :ultkrool:. We have to remember how 4 in particular got in: Japanese fan demand for Chrom, overseas demand for the Metroid characters and overall high demand for KKR.
Now, for who I think are the last 2 characters, they are related to what I just wrote. Another 2 fan requested characters, one whose game wasn't originally released on Europe (like:ultness: but he got in due to sharing some devs) and another with mostly European support (like supposedly :ultbayonetta:). Yes, I think Isaac and Geno going to be the final 2 characters, it would bring us to a perfect 70 and appeal to the most talked about regions. Hope is the last thing that can be lost.
The fan demand is strong with this game. When I was a little kid of 6 years old playing Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo 64, I did not think it would ever be possible to get a title with this much content. Smash as a series went from having 12 characters to 70+ characters (and 9 stages to over 100 stages). I remember seeing King K. Rool when my older brother was playing DK64 and now he is playable in the very first video game series I fell in love with. Super Smash Bros. truly is a treasure chest filled with gems. Here's to hoping that a certain GOLDEN gem is added to the collection.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, I have a hard time seeing them leaving those 6 spaces empty. Not going to let this development bother me too much.

As for the question posed a couple or so pages back, the Castlevania Duo is easily my most hype inclusion so far (Simon more so than Richter).

Inklings are a good, sensible choice and I liked the Splatoon games. They were choices I was happy with but not really "hype" worthy ones. There's also the fact that they kinda got overshadowed by the announcement of the new Smash game itself.

Ridley's cool, I'm down with his inclusion, though not going to lie, despite being a fan of Metroid he was never really up there for me as a most wanted for whatever reason. TBH I was also someone who was kinda concerned about how Ridley would translate into Smash with his size and shape (yeah, should say that not everyone who was concerned about the "RIDLEY IS TOO BIG" stuff were "Ridley haters"). While Ridley's size in Ultimate has taken some time to get used to and adjust, thankfully everything else about Ridley has been handled exceptionally well, so overall as I said earlier, I'm happy to see Ridley in Smash when all is said and done (though probably not as hyped as many others clearly were).

I was definitely excited to see K Rool make it into Smash, and as a fan of the DK series I was happy to finally see the series get another rep. That said, I was always more for Dixie than K Rool, so as great as K Rool being in Smash is, I was still left hoping for Dixie.

Isabelle is whatever to me. Would have preferred her to be an echo, but that aside, she is a fine, logical inclusion for Smash and her being in doesn't bother me.

All echo characters so far are a-okay with me. Richter and Dark Samus are the ones I care about the most.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The problem I see right now is the fact that we are basically on the home stretch and, I keep saying this, but holy moley, the lack of information is maddening.

We be better getting a HUGE Direct for all of this.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
For me, King K. Rool is by far the most hype pick, but Isaac would destroy that.

Inklings were obvious, and I'm excited to play as them, but they were a given.

Ridley is cool and all, but he (ironically) looks too small to be. Excited for Metroid fans, but meh for me.

Simon and Richter are the sleeper picks for me. I'm so pumped to play as Richter (cause he looks anime as hell and I love it) and they seem to fit my play style.

King K. Rool is really cool to me and really solidified that Isaac is super likely for this game.

I already forgot Isabelle was in the game.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
This news drought is so bad that it’s even sucking up previous news. Tomorrow we’ll probably get an announcement that Richter and Chrom were actually just a practical joke and they’re both Assist Trophies.

But seriously I think Corocoro is just trying to walk back their spoiler. Even if there are just 103 stages left though, Isaac is still a shoo-in for DLC imo, as I’ve always said.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe that personally. I'm of the belief that 108 was a legit screw up on the part of CoroCoro. As in it was 103 but they put 108 by mistake.
Let’s all just relax. I know the lack of news/info is nerve racking but let’s not let every little thing make us lose hope for the base roster.

I’ve already said this before but CoroCoro to my knowledge has not retracted their claim of 108 stages. As a Pokémon fan, I’ve dealt with many leaks from CoroCoro and they have never been wrong when it comes to Pokémon (except that one time when Chatot was listed as a pure Flying type when it was supposed to be Normal/Flying but whatever). CoroCoro is far to big of a publisher to get something as major as that wrong without announcing their mistake. Until an official statement is made or someone fully translates that Smash Ultimate article then the final number of stages is 108!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I am of the opinion that CoroCoro accidentally mentioned 108 stages for whatever reason and are now trying to act like that never happened. There are still more stages.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Number of stages seems like something insignificant to worry about leaks over IMO. Characters would take priority but all the leaks are basically just the characters and maybe a thing or two here and there about stages or the new mode. You'd think they'd be less inclined to let the characters leak. But that's not what the "leaks" tell us.
I am of the opinion that CoroCoro accidentally mentioned 108 stages for whatever reason and are now trying to act like that never happened. There are still more stages.
Same.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Let’s all just relax. I know the lack of news/info is nerve racking but let’s not let every little thing make us lose hope for the base roster.

I’ve already said this before but CoroCoro to my knowledge has not retracted their claim of 108 stages. As a Pokémon fan, I’ve dealt with many leaks from CoroCoro and they have never been wrong when it comes to Pokémon (except that one time when Chatot was listed as a pure Flying type when it was supposed to be Normal/Flying but whatever). CoroCoro is far to big of a publisher to get something as major as that wrong without announcing their mistake. Until an official statement is made or someone fully translates that Smash Ultimate article then the final number of stages is 108!
Yeah it's a situation where you can't really prove or disprove it so it's like whatever I guess lol.

Hopefully the stage count is 108 but I won't get my hopes up for it. Although I have the benefit of not being surprised if that actually turns out to be the case haha.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
One reason this info drought feels awful is that we really haven't gotten anything substantial since early August. All we've gotten since then is an obvious character who's just a semi-clone. Of course, since that's still "info" that only came out a month ago, Nintendo will think that just fine to tide over with.

Really, I think it speaks volumes that whatever comes next will be the last piece of news until the game launches. Whatever characters, stages, modes, assists, newcomer movesets, bosses, etc. are left are all going to be shown then. That doesn't mean we'll get "less" info since they could fit as much into that direct as they please. It just means that we'll know the truth to Isaac within the next couple of weeks. Yes, even if he's not in the base game, I firmly believe that he would be the first DLC character shown off ala Mewtwo.

CoroCoro definitely got legitimate info on the number of stages straight from the horse's mouth. If it were false, there would've been more transparency to it being a typo or misinformation and that would've been made clear almost immediately after it happened. Nintendo was probably not comfortable with that info being known yet so they asked them to remove it to make it more ambiguous... even if the stage select screen already made it painfully obvious.

Come to think of that, I wonder if Tasnut was referring to CoroCoro when he mentioned a leak that got out which Nintendo wasn't happy about? I know he said that it was one we deemed fake, but there have still been people spouting "103 stages only!11!!!1!" for ages now.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
With there being only 103 stages, it really rules out not just Isaac, but it feels like it rules out alot of popular leak characters too, Incineroar, Steve, Geno, Rhythm Heaven character, Sora , Banjo,etc.

Skull Kid, Elma, and Bandana Dee are the only requested newcomers I see not getting a stage. The other ones all have specific iconic locations, especially in the case of the ones from series with no reps. Ken and alot of popular echo choices (Dixie, Shadow, Black Shadow, etc.) probably wouldn't get a stage either, though his SF2 stage would be awesome.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
And for those who think that 108 was just a typo or whatever, then it must have been an extremely clumsy typer writing it as "3" and "8" have 4 whole keys in-between them on an average keyboard.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I'm probably delving too much, but 108 is a pretty significant number in Buddhism and Asia, could have spaced out and typed it instead.

I have done that sort of stuff plenty of times. Though in the picture it clearly showed 5 spaces left.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
And for those who think that 108 was just a typo or whatever, then it must have been an extremely clumsy typer writing it as "3" and "8" have 4 whole keys in-between them on an average keyboard.
True, but as I know from transcribing written info, sometimes 3s and 8s look alike. I don't think its. Eyond the realm of possibility to have been a mistake

silverwolf689

Smash Rookie
the drought wouldn't feel too bad i think if it was the other way around. As in the small blip of a isabelle reveal in august and the big set of smash reveals in september. having such a big reveal then a quiet month in october wouldn't be too bad.

Top Bottom