• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
just like 3 games with none of them being main titles and everyone deriding the ones we got as "spinoffs" even though they're really important. (well, except recoded I guess)
It's a shame that lots of people think this- I got a few friends into the Kingdom Hearts series, and all of them are converts after playing Days or 3D. Yeah, that advertising point is pretty good that someone else brought up though.

Don't worry- I wasn't one of the Sora voters revenge voting against Isaac the next round, but I honestly see a bigger overlap between Sora and Lloyd than people are giving credit. Both are 3rd party swordsmen who people who grew up playing PlayStation would recognize more than Isaac. Sure, revenge voting is possible, but honest familiarity might also attribute to some of the difference.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Smash is by far the biggest game he is leaking. He's been open with other games, as the other communities are not as in tune with leaks as the Smash fanbase is. Look at how many still remember the Gematsu leak or Lucario accidentally getting leaked in one of the Brawl trailers. People remember Smash leaks way more than other games, so if he gets anything wrong about Smash, he'll never be taken seriously online ever again. This is why he is being extra careful about it.
he a damn liar! I bet people would follow him off a f****** cliff without any sort of safty gear

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm personally thrilled with the poll- while the two I supported the most fell slightly short, their placement makes me happy and is kinda revealing.

Isaac- He's way more popular than some take him to be. His second place finish behind an adored retro third party character (and his win over Geno), most votes overall, and highest Nintendo character really cement him in as a favorite and make me hopeful that he was noticed by higher ups. I'm especially optimistic about him moving forward even if he doesn't make the base roster.

Sora- Sure, he couldn't surpass Geno, but the statistic that most of his votes came from outside sources works towards proving a point that I've stood by- once you leave the typical Smash forums, his popularity skyrockets. His placement here is super respectable and shows that people shouldn't overlook him when speculating.

D

Deleted member

Wow that almost feels personal
I just get tired of listening to people talk about how great Sora is, when I've played Kingdom Hearts games and feel like he has the personality of white bread and any attempts to give him nuances are undermined because Nomura is Nomura.

Plus, I've discussed in the past how much I despise Sora's inclusion in anything.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The issue that Sora hasn't been accociated with Nintendo since SE doesn't seem to advertise it on Nintendo consoles. (Sony gets all the spotlight.)

While I don't think it's gonna ruin his chances that's much, I find it hypocritical that SE and Disney would be so keen on letting Sora in smash, when they barely gave a **** about the Big N in the first place.

(Then again, I felt the same way about cloud.)
I'm glad you brought up Cloud. Cloud was a lot wilder inclusion than Sora would have ever been. Cloud's ONLY presence on Nintendo systems pre-SSB4 was a cameo in the GBA Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and then the Theatrhythm games.

Sure, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Dream Drop Distance and RE:Coded are not numbered Kingdom Hearts games, but they are a heck of a lot more significant to the KH series than anything Cloud had ever appeared in on Nintendo systems. They're not numbered titles, but they aren't necessarily spin-offs, they are still telling the story of KH.

Sora and KH have a significant presence on Nintendo handhelds. That isn't to say that I really think he deserves to be in Smash necessarily. but compared to Cloud? It's just night and day. Cloud will at least now have a Nintendo release of FF7 on his side, but that took a lonnnngggg time. Cloud is the icon of Playstation Final Fantasy. There's just no getting around it.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
My only knock against Sora is that he has more barriers blocking his inclusion than most other third party characters. The biggest barrier being Disney. You could argue that Square holds the rights to Sora as a character. But then there’s the Kingdom Key. And the keychain which has Mickeys head on it.

Sakurai could just remove the keychain.... but he’s also known to be a stickler for certain details. Something tells me this wouldn’t fly.

There’s also the fact that Geno has more of a right to be in Smash than Sora. So I’d see it as this. Geno first and base roster. Post release and last of the DLC, Sora.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I just get tired of listening to people talk about how great Sora is, when I've played Kingdom Hearts games and feel like he has the personality of white bread and any attempts to give him nuances are undermined because Nomura is Nomura.

Plus, I've discussed in the past how much I despise Sora's inclusion in anything.
It was just a joke based on my username mate. If you don't like Sora that's fine with me, we don't have to enjoy the same things.

My only knock against Sora is that he has more barriers blocking his inclusion than most other third party characters. The biggest barrier being Disney. You could argue that Square holds the rights to Sora as a character. But then there’s the Kingdom Key. And the keychain which has Mickeys head on it.

Samurai could just remove the keychain.... but he’s also known to be a stickler for certain details. Something tells me this wouldn’t fly.

There’s also the fact that Geno has more of a right to be in Smash than Sora. So I’d see it as this. Geno first and base roster. Post release and last of the DLC, Sora.
You can't argue Sora is a Square character. At least legally. He's 100% owned by Disney. There's no complex legal jargon to shift thorough there's no technicalities he's Disney. Though a Disney exec did say he'd be willing to work with Sakurai for Sora's inclusion so that's something.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

The reasons I have to guess why people like Sora and Kingdom Hearts come down to a few things:

1. Sora's story should be resolved around this point and many fans want to see Sora's side of the story resolved, regardless of the Xenohart Time Travel mess of a story.
  2. Combat in Kingdom Hearts games (especially 2) have been fun and fast paced (minus the Chain of Memories games). The combat was fluid, fast paced and still has many promising combat features to come as the KH3 trailers have shown us.
  3. Being able to explore the Disney esque locations in full detail and discovering how they connect is one of the many charms of Kingdom Hearts.
  4. Sora was the first character that players controlled and is now to the fanbase as the series main character/protagonist. It is more of a sense of familiarity.
Characters such as Ventas, Terra and Aqua would be the better protagonists of the Kingdom Hearts series after Sora is all well and done. Many fans (the ones I have talked to anyways) just want Sora's story to conclude and plan to drop the series after his story is complete.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

Now now, I think it’s inportant to take a step back and take a deep breath. You know, replace Sora with Isaac in your comment and it’s not too different from what Isaac haters say.

Although I can’t say too much. I despise the thought of Steve as a fighter.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
It's a shame that lots of people think this- I got a few friends into the Kingdom Hearts series, and all of them are converts after playing Days or 3D. Yeah, that advertising point is pretty good that someone else brought up though.

Don't worry- I wasn't one of the Sora voters revenge voting against Isaac the next round, but I honestly see a bigger overlap between Sora and Lloyd than people are giving credit. Both are 3rd party swordsmen who people who grew up playing PlayStation would recognize more than Isaac. Sure, revenge voting is possible, but honest familiarity might also attribute to some of the difference.
I think Lloyd and Isaac have more overlap than Lloyd and Sora.

The PS2 had a lot of JRPGs to choose from, Final Fantasy, Wild Arms, Breathe of Fire, Suidoken, .hack, Persona, SMT, etc.

Meanwhile both the GBA and GCN lacked more traditional JRPGs. A Nintenkid is more likely to have played both GS and ToS than a Sonykid, cause Sony just had so much to choose from when it came to JRPGs. (and games in general, I love the GCN, but the PS2 had such a strong and large library)

ToS also released on the GCN first, it stuck out for merely being a JRPG on a system devoid of them. Its a Resident Evil 4 situation where the GCN release is somehow more iconic. The composer and 8 characters also helped.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

If we're going to be throwing stones of lacking personality, it's probably wise to vacate this glass house first.

Not that any of those personality arguments ever really matter for Smash. Daisy shows how far a distinct personality will get you.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That's where people disagree- nobody has a surefire, God-given right to be in Smash. Geno was in a single game as a side character in a series that was left untouched and then removed from his cameo appearance in a recent 1st party one. Sora headlined three games on Nintendo systems and appeared as a playable cameo in a fourth.
My only knock against Sora is that he has more barriers blocking his inclusion than most other third party characters.
Banjo being owned by a direct rival is probably also as much of a barrier. Maybe Spencer would be fine with it, but other Microsoft higher ups and Nintendo might not agree to terms. Nintendo appearances in Wreck-It Ralph are more than proof that Disney and Nintendo are at least willing to parley.

Sure, Sora has some potential issues, but people emphasizing his and downplaying others' is really saddening sometimes.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Those people are going to wait a while then because Nomura has no plans to conclude Sora's story with 3
I should get around to playing KH, I love his pirate, toy, and monster designs in the new one. too bad it appears he doesnt get a mech suit in the big hero 6verse.

a smash disney movie would be hilarious

edit: you know i recently found out there is going to be a nintendo theme park in universal miami and in japan too. mario, pokemon, donkey kong, yoshi, and kirby stuff if i recall. sadly there probably wont be golden sun stuff, but seeing the venus lighthouse irl would be pretty awesome

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm glad you brought up Cloud. Cloud was a lot wilder inclusion than Sora would have ever been. Cloud's ONLY presence on Nintendo systems pre-SSB4 was a cameo in the GBA Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and then the Theatrhythm games.

Sure, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Dream Drop Distance and RE:Coded are not numbered Kingdom Hearts games, but they are a heck of a lot more significant to the KH series than anything Cloud had ever appeared in on Nintendo systems. They're not numbered titles, but they aren't necessarily spin-offs, they are still telling the story of KH.

Sora and KH have a significant presence on Nintendo handhelds. That isn't to say that I really think he deserves to be in Smash necessarily. but compared to Cloud? It's just night and day. Cloud will at least now have a Nintendo release of FF7 on his side, but that took a lonnnngggg time. Cloud is the icon of Playstation Final Fantasy. There's just no getting around it.
As if those entries are main entries.

Heck, most of those aren't even as important as the main 3 titles. The 3 of which that haven't even debuted on any Nintendo platforms.

Square Enix's treatment on Nintendo when it comes to Kingdom Hearts shows me everything I need to know.

Nintendo is only worthy of the side dishes, meanwhile the others get the piece of the main course.

So **** yeah, screw SE.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The reasons I have to guess why people like Sora and Kingdom Hearts come down to a few things:

1. Sora's story should be resolved around this point and many fans want to see Sora's side of the story resolved, regardless of the Xenohart Time Travel mess of a story.
  2. Combat in Kingdom Hearts games (especially 2) have been fun and fast paced (minus the Chain of Memories games). The combat was fluid, fast paced and still has many promising combat features to come as the KH3 trailers have shown us.
  3. Being able to explore the Disney esque locations in full detail and discovering how they connect is one of the many charms of Kingdom Hearts.
  4. Sora was the first character that players controlled and is now to the fanbase as the series main character/protagonist. It is more of a sense of familiarity.
Characters such as Ventas, Terra and Aqua would be the better protagonists of the Kingdom Hearts series after Sora is all well and done. Many fans (the ones I have talked to anyways) just want Sora's story to conclude and plan to drop the series after his story is complete.
Yo, Chain of Memories combat is awesome, I’ll defend that stance forever.

Kind of sad to see so much Sora and KH hate, would have thought there’d be more overlap between fandoms. Ah well.

As if those entries are main entries.

Heck, most of those aren't even as important as the main 3 titles. The 3 of which that haven't even debuted on any Nintendo platforms.

Square Enix's treatment on Nintendo when it comes to Kingdom Hearts shows me everything I need to know.

Nintendo is only worthy of the side dishes, meanwhile the others get the piece of the main course.

So **** yeah, screw SE.
Did you play Chain of Memories, Days, or 3D? They’re absolutely main entries storywise.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Interesting about those Tales tidbits. I'm just making assumptions from some basic knowledge about Lloyd, but you do seem to show that he has the games to back up your claims. Btw, I voted for Lloyd every time he was up against someone that I wasn't particularly supporting- he just looks fun.

Amusingly, I'm okay with him not getting a special BH6 suit- his default design is so great that it's good to see it used. That said, ai appreciate his headset that he gets in it!

Machete

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think we're getting Sora because Sora is a huge character that would've been revealed at E3. Same deal as Minecraft Steve. Those characters are meant to attract other audiences, not please the Smash fanbase, and as such you'd want them at E3. The fact Ridley was chosen for E3 seems to imply, to me, that Ridley was the biggest thing they had to offer to its fanbase, and all the other characters revealed so far imply that is the direction the game is taking.

Is Vergeben right about what he says? Honestly, who cares, especially concerning Isaac. He didn't know about K.Rool, which shows his information is incomplete. Will there be a Square Enix character? If there is one, it would have to be Geno. I don't like Geno at all, mind you, but he's one of the big Smash requests and the sole Square Enix that wouldn't be a gaming megaton, thus the only Square Enix character that would make sense outside of E3. Minecraft content? Sure, a stage or an Assist Trophy would be nice, but if there were talks to get Minecraft stuff in the game, it's probably because there were talks about Banjo. There's no doubt that a Minecraft character would be seen as a bigger deal by the gaming community than just about anything else, and that's why it would have been announced at E3. Incineroar is the Pokémon newcomer we always get, and Ken is the first echo fighter, which makes sense in this game especially considering Capcom seems really generous with its licenses.

What I mean by that, it's that all of Vergeben's leaks make sense, has a good track record, and they are probably true. But everything we've seen so far screams "this is the game the fans want", and it'd be weird to suddenly throw it away because "Sora is more popular than Geno", "Minecraft sold more than Banjo Kazooie", or "who gives a crap about Golden Sun". If those things were true, then why would Sakurai choose to reveal Ridley of all characters at E3.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They're not numbered? They don't count in my eyes.
In that case, good luck understanding KHIII's plot, since characters and plot points from the spin-offs will come into play there. Hell, 3D is basically III's entire prologue.

Besides, the entire series so far has been compiled into 1.5, 2.5 (those two are in one set) and 2.8 on the PS4, so there won't be any need to dig for various stray copies on the net.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yo, Chain of Memories combat is awesome, I’ll defend that stance forever.
I wasn't saying that CoM's combat was awful, but it was not as fast paced or as fluid as Kingdom Hearts 2. It was more strategic to say the least.

Kind of sad to see so much Sora and KH hate, would have thought there’d be more overlap between fandoms. Ah well.
I think it doesn't overlap all that well just like the Halo fandom and those who play Smash Brothers. There may be fans of both, but you will still be hard pressed to find fans of both that want Master Chief in Smash (hard pressed as in the majority of fans want it).

The other part of the potential hate that can exist is Sora is a rival to Geno if Square Enix gets only one more slot. A Dragon Quest rep is possible, but Sora has a bigger target on his back because of his franchise's following and fanbase.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
KH supports Nintendo platforms pretty well for a third-party series primarily made up of exclusives.

If you're looking for a third-party series that gets all its main titles on a Nintendo system you could probably count up to one hand's worth before you realize we're not in the 90s anymore.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
In that case, good luck understanding KHIII's plot, since characters and plot points from the spin-offs will come into play there. Hell, 3D is basically III's entire prologue.

Besides, the entire series so far has been compiled into 1.5, 2.5 (those two are in one set) and 2.8 on the PS4, so there won't be any need to dig for various stray copies on the net.
God this ****ing series is bull**** in its timeline.

And before anyone else points it out, yes. I love solid snake, and I love Metal Gear. But at the same time, I feel like we should get more from the series than Konami has given us.

We have 2 terrible NES ports, we have a good GBC game, we have a MGS1 Remake, and a ****ty MGS3 3DS remake.
We haven't gotten the original versions of 1 and 2, MGS2, MGs4, or even MGS5. That's about half the series locked out from Nintendo systems.

Like Simon I can accept, as a lot of the main entries are on NES, SNES, GBA, and DS.

(The others are on PlayStation, and one is on Genesis, and one is on a Japanese Computer. The N64 ones don't count.)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
They're not numbered? They don't count in my eyes.
Well, 358/2 and 3D do contain numbers in the title. :awesome:

In all seriousness, that’s a weird way to look at things. All Kingdom Hearts games are treated with equal importance by the devs, and I’d argue the non-numbered titles have more story development than the numbered titles.

Most big series drop the numbering anyways, you wouldn’t say Link’s Awakening, Mario Sunshine or Peace Walker aren’t main titles because they aren’t numbered, right?
I wasn't saying that CoM's combat was awful, but it was not as fast paced or as fluid as Kingdom Hearts 2. It was more strategic to say the least.

I think it doesn't overlap all that well just like the Halo fandom and those who play Smash Brothers. There may be fans of both, but you will still be hard pressed to find fans of both that want Master Chief in Smash (hard pressed as in the majority of fans want it).

The other part of the potential hate that can exist is Sora is a rival to Geno if Square Enix gets only one more slot. A Dragon Quest rep is possible, but Sora has a bigger target on his back because of his franchise's following and fanbase.
Well, the recent poll shows that there’s definitely a lot of overlap between Smash fans and KH fans, but I was talking about Sora fans and Isaac fans. You’d think fans of one spiky-haired, anime-looking, unique but unorthodox JRPG protagonist would take kindly to another.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That's where people disagree- nobody has a surefire, God-given right to be in Smash. Geno was in a single game as a side character in a series that was left untouched and then removed from his cameo appearance in a recent 1st party one. Sora headlined three games on Nintendo systems and appeared as a playable cameo in a fourth.
IMO, the main things that give a character the "right" to be in Smash are being an iconic gaming character and their potential to have a fun-to-use moveset, preferably one that fills a niche not occupied by a character currently present in the roster (such as Bomberman's repositionable timed explosives, Vaati's wind magic (read: moveset focusing more on windboxes than damage and conventional knockback), Corsola's sturdiness, Lip's blend of damage-over-time, terraforming, and repositioning, and Shantae's transformations). However, whether or not a character can actually get the chance to be included depends on a number of factors, including their popularity, [current] relevance, importance within their home series, and for third parties, whether or not Nintendo can come to an agreement with their owners.

Banjo being owned by a direct rival is probably also as much of a barrier. Maybe Spencer would be fine with it, but other Microsoft higher ups and Nintendo might not agree to terms. Nintendo appearances in Wreck-It Ralph are more than proof that Disney and Nintendo are at least willing to parley.

Sure, Sora has some potential issues, but people emphasizing his and downplaying others' is really saddening sometimes.
I think a lot of people are reactively balking at the prospect of a company not heavily involved in video games (in this case, Disney) gaining a foothold in Smash, because (at least in their minds) it's a slippery slope from there to including that company's non-game characters (in Disney's case, Mickey Mouse and friends), and from there to including non-game characters in general, such as Shrek and Goku.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
[
Well, 358/2 and 3D do contain numbers in the title. :awesome:

In all seriousness, that’s a weird way to look at things. All Kingdom Hearts games are treated with equal importance by the devs, and I’d argue the non-numbered titles have more story development than the numbered titles.

Most big series drop the numbering anyways, you wouldn’t say Link’s Awakening, Mario Sunshine or Peace Walker aren’t main titles because they aren’t numbered, right?

Well, the recent poll shows that there’s definitely a lot of overlap between Smash fans and KH fans, but I was talking about Sora fans and Isaac fans. You’d think fans of one spiky-haired, anime-looking, unique but unorthodox JRPG protagonist would take kindly to another.
KH's numbering scheme is more to signal "traditional" Kingdom Hearts gameplay. It'd be as if A Link Between Worlds wasn't considered a modern Zelda game because it wasn't 3D (or, amusingly if OoT wasn't considered main series because it was).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
KH supports Nintendo platforms pretty well for a third-party series primarily made up of exclusives.

If you're looking for a third-party series that gets all its main titles on a Nintendo system you could probably count up to one hand's worth before you realize we're not in the 90s anymore.
Probably makes it more bumming to realize the ports of previous mainline games on Switch seems still a difficult take on Square to explore apparently. I'd be digging big time if we got the Remix-compilations to play with for Switch, for example... At least those I can see possible and fine to port into Switch, allowing Sora to gain a more bigger and more well-structured presence in the Nintendo-playerbase than he has today.

On III though, I can't see happening sadly in the future... I hope it's not necessarily because of Switch's graphical capabilities posing a problem to make III on Switch unfeasible, or Square just being little... themselves as we know, but I might have to digress eventually...

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Actually, the facts shown in the poll suggest that over half of Sora's voters came in from outside of reddit, and thus is the most "brigaded" character.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't "hate" Sora or KH, I just never played the games and thus have no interest in seeing it repped in Smash.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Of course they consider it important. Which is why they immediately port it to other systems that aren't Nintendo a few years after remaining exclsuive.

And btw, 3 out of 13 releases on Nintendo is actually a very mediocre amount.

I'm not sure i understand you. My arguments are mostly that Nintendo Fans despite being so "important" since we get "important entries", we sure don't get any of the other entries.
10 entries missing from Nintendo Consoles are kinda significant with a series as "convoluted" as KH.

Why the hell are we left with such a small portion compared to any other platform? Why do we get the short end of the stick despite having "important entries"?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Which polls are those? If I had to guess why Isaac and Sora fans don't overlap is because they do not come from the same place. Isaac and Lloyd overlap well because both characters were recognized and established back in the Gamecube and Game Boy Advanced days back in the early 2000s. Sora was seen as more of the Sony crowd and "team". Lloyd and Isaac were around during the beginning of Nintendo's pre-Wii era and both were solely Nintendo platform games (from what remember about the game Lloyd is from) at the time.

In short, Isaac and Lloyd were around during the same era of Nintendo consoles in the early 2000s and Lloyd had a main series established on a Nintendo platform. Many Golden Sun and Tales of Symphonia fans overlapped because of this and have a deeper connection than Sora and Isaac fans. Lloyd is seen as that teammate that is not from your area but plays on the same team; whereas, Sora is that newly recruited player for the rival team.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Funny thing, I once met a KH fan a few years ago and as I was talking to him about the non-numbered games, he flat out got angry at me saying that those are absolute garbage and are completely pointless as they add nothing to the story. When I asked him how can anyone make sense of KH2 if you haven't played CoM and/or 358/2 Days, he replys that KH2 completely explains everything you need to know. If it wasn't on PS, it's not important. Never have I met such a piece of s*** KH fan (let alone a fan) like him. So you can probably tell how happy and excited I was to hear that KH3 will basically require you to know/play ALL KH games to understand 3. And I'll be gladly getting it on the Xbone. Lol

Btw, this whole tournament voting poll needs to be made into an anime now! I can already picture a few episode scenarios:

Bandana Dee vs Isaac: Some cheaters are trying to help out the two to get an upper hand, but both BWD and Isaac don't want that as they want to fight with honor. The cheaters are caught.

Banjo vs Isaac (First match): The fight was insanely tough for Isaac as he gets hurdled around and beaten. After the battle, Banjo sees potential in Isaac and from there on, he watches Isaac's matches seeing if he will be a worthy opponent next time. Time will tell...

Lloyd vs Isaac: Best friends now turned against each other. The most heart breaking fight ever. When the battle is over, Isaac helps up Lloyd in the most bro moment ever.

Geno vs Isaac: One of the most intense battle ever witnessed with Isaac barely making a comeback at the end. But both have a ton of respect for each other and Geno asks Isaac, "take down that bear and bird for me."

Banjo vs Isaac (rematch): Banjo tells Isaac how impressed he is that Isaac made it this far and can't wait for this rematch of the century. The battle was earth shattering and great that it nearly destroyed the stadium. In the end, Banjo barely comes out victorious. But helps up Isaac and declares that Isaac was the most worthy opponent he's ever faced. The crowd chears as it was the greatest fight they've ever seen. Award ceremony happens for all characters as well as showing off Banjo #1, Isaac #2, and Geno #3.

Anyway, my imagination runs wild on this and hope people have thought the same. Thank you for reading if you did!

Edit: Words

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Actually, the facts shown in the poll suggest that over half of Sora's voters came in from outside of reddit, and thus is the most "brigaded" character.
Which only really proves that there's not an overlap between Sora and Reddit, not Sora and Smash fans. To me, that's a correlation showing that there's a bigger overlap with Sora and general Smash fans who don't use Reddit than any other character.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda weird for me to hear people say "Since Disney owns Sora it's never gonna happen never" if you know anything about how Disney operates. The company might be infamously tightfisted when it comes to their IP but that mostly comes down to them being bringing the hammer down (unnecessarily hard) on anyone that so much as grazes their IP without permission. If a company is at least reputable they have no problem lending it out for licensing. Hell that's what makes them so much money in the first place! It's not like they own any of the companies that makes shirts or cups or toys with a Disney character on it, they just lend it to other companies and take a cut of the paycheck afterwards, and it's likely that they would view Sora in Smash the exact same way they view slapping Olaf or Elsa on a t-shirt. If you seriously think that Banjo has a chance (and I do) then that same chance exists with Sora as well.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Of course they consider it important. Which is why they immediately port it to other systems that aren't Nintendo a few years after remaining exclsuive.

And btw, 3 out of 13 releases on Nintendo is actually a very mediocre amount.

My arguments are mostly that Nintendo Fans despite being so "important" since we "important entries", we sure don't get any of the other entries.
10 entries missing from Nintendo Consoles are kinda significant with a series as "convoluted" as KH.

Why the hell are we lefty with such a small portion compared to any other platform? Why do we get the short end of the stick despite having "important entries"?
And one of those 3 releases doesn't even really have Sora in it. (It has Roxas, but that's not quite the same thing.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's kinda weird for me to hear people say "Since Disney owns Sora it's never gonna happen never" if you know anything about how Disney operates. The company might be infamously tightfisted when it comes to their IP but that mostly comes down to them being bringing the hammer down (unnecessarily hard) on anyone that so much as grazes their IP without permission. If a company is at least reputable they have no problem lending it out for licensing. Hell that's what makes them so much money in the first place! It's not like they own any of the companies that makes shirts or cups or toys with a Disney character on it, they just lend it to other companies and take a cut of the paycheck afterwards, and it's likely that they would view Sora in Smash the exact same way they view slapping Olaf or Elsa on a t-shirt. If you seriously think that Banjo has a chance (and I do) then that same chance exists with Sora as well.
Besides, it's not like they haven't dappled with Nintendo before...

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It's kinda weird for me to hear people say "Since Disney owns Sora it's never gonna happen never" if you know anything about how Disney operates. The company might be infamously tightfisted when it comes to their IP but that mostly comes down to them being bringing the hammer down (unnecessarily hard) on anyone that so much as grazes their IP without permission. If the company is at least reputable they have no problem lending it out for licensing. Hell that's what makes them so much money in the first place! It's not like they own any of the companies that makes shirts or cups or toys with a Disney character on it, they just lend it to other companies and take a cut of the paycheck afterwards, and it's likely that they would view Sora in Smash the exact same way they view slapping Olaf or Elsa on a t-shirt. If you seriously think that Banjo has a chance (and I do) then that same chance exists with Sora as well.
As I said (maybe not on this thread), a lot of people don't consider Disney to be a “video game company” (even though it has published a rather large volume of video games) and thus see Sora being included in Smash as a gateway to non-game characters like Mickey (and, yes, Mickey has been in video games, but that's not where he started out), and from there it's a slippery slope to something ridiculous like Shrek or Goku (never mind that Disney doesn't own either of those, once Sora's in, it's only a matter of time before Mickey joins him, and once Mickey's in, Smash is irreversibly tarnished!!11!!).

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah... I don't get that. Disney has been involved with video games for ages- one of the most fondly remembered retro games is "Ducktales," which was from the Mouse House. Sure, they were never really a pioneer in gaming, but they've been involved ever since it broke into public popularity.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
As I said (maybe not on this thread), a lot of people don't consider Disney to be a “video game company” (even though it has published a rather large volume of video games) and thus see Sora being included in Smash as a gateway to non-game characters like Mickey (and, yes, Mickey has been in video games, but that's not where he started out), and from there it's a slippery slope to something ridiculous like Shrek or Goku (never mind that Disney doesn't own either of those, once Sora's in, it's only a matter of time before Mickey joins him, and once Mickey's in, Smash is irreversibly tarnished!!11!!).
That part I understand. I never want to see Goku or any non-gaming character as playable in Smash ever. However, Sora was explicitly made to be a video game character first and foremost. I don't think he's comparable to Goku at all in that regard, who's an anime character with video game appearances not the other way around.

Top Bottom