• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Wouldn't it be so ironic if Foreman Spike made it in, but not Waluigi (the character inspired by said Foreman Spike)?

="XenoWarriorX, post: 22436334, member: 403337"]His look kinda looks like a macho-man with the 98' redsign. And for some reason, i feel strangely uncomfortable looking at it.

Oh well, at least it ain't this.
View attachment 164505
IDK, I kinda like how unique his design is. He would add a second hammer user to the roster and he has a home stage in Wrecking Crew.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wouldn't it be so ironic if Foreman Spike made it in, but not Waluigi (the character inspired by said Foreman Spike)?
It would be ironic.

Waluigi fans would probably be a bit....aggravated.

IDK, I kinda like how unique his design is. He would add a second hammer user to the roster and he has a home stage in Wrecking Crew.
I think it's just the nose for me. If they could not make it look like he has a pickle for a nose, i'd be fine.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wrecking Crew Rep would be the most bizarre thing ever.
And yet, I un/ironically want this! Foreman Spike for Smash! Isaac (and Felix) first of course!

Edit/add: Foreman Spike would also fill in that whole Villain rep going on in Ultimate. It would be insane if the chair theory was actually related to him this whole time since he uses purple and yellow. Not to mention that Mario has his builder outfit and that the helmet resembles the same helmet Mario used in Wrecking Crew '98.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
He's very obscure though like way more than Dunk hunt, ROB and Mr.GAW ! I wouldn't mind him he has an interesting or should I say unique design for smash.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Anyways, Do you guys really think Sakurai's just gonna put in 1 new Nintendo IP character in Ultimate? When Isaac had as many votes as he did, I doubt Sakurai would pass him up.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, Do you guys really think Sakurai's just gonna put in 1 new Nintendo IP character in Ultimate? When Isaac had as many votes as he did, I doubt Sakurai would pass him up.
I think he has a really good shot! Best he's had in years, plus if the early trademark renewal is anything to go by they've heard us loud and clear.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Oh yes. It's almost as if Sakurai was building up to his eventual inclusion.
>a roster spot, I'll steal it! NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

Definitely more than one, depending on the support people gave out in the ballot. Isaac's a no-brainer, but we could definitely see others alongside him.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Something that's still bugging me about the Golden Sun trademark extension: Why did they extend it two years in a row? Usually such an extension is good for a decade or so. I mean, if these were regularly extended every year for every IP, nobody would pay them any attention.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Something that's still bugging me about the Golden Sun trademark extension: Why did they extend it two years in a row? Usually such an extension is good for a decade or so. I mean, if these were regularly extended every year for every IP, nobody would pay them any attention.
The only thing I can compare this to is eternal Darkness.

But even then, This is strange since the trademark isn't supposed to be renewed this early.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I don't think only 1 Nintendo IP newly represented. It sounds like too few to me, it would equal or maybe even be overpowered by the newly represented third parties and it doesn't sound right for a game that celebrates Nintendo's history.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, my Golden Sun Playthrough is nearing it's end.
Golden Sun Valukar.PNG

Isaac is a bully, confirmed.

Fun fact: "Valukar" is a mistranslated "Balrog".

I got Serac from the Islet Cave, the Wonder Birds were destroying me. :laugh:
---
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 12a.PNG
Golden Sun KMDP Djinn 12b.PNG

Felix is a Ruffian. Jenna is a Cavalier. Sheba is an Ascetic. Piers is a Shaman.
Isaac is a War Adept. Garet is a Cavalier, Ivan is a Medium. Mia is an Ascetic.

Hmm... lots of overlap...

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think only 1 Nintendo IP newly represented. It sounds like too few to me, it would equal or maybe even be overpowered by the newly represented third parties and it doesn't sound right for a game that celebrates Nintendo's history.
And given that the Square Enix character that is rumored, I don't think it would be a good choice to leave only one new Nintendo IP.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
And given that the Square Enix character that is rumored, I don't think it would be a good choice to leave only one new Nintendo IP.
Exactly that is why I don't think so. There are still a number of popular IPs unrepresented and GS is basically the strongest contender right now with the trademark renewal so soon and the popular demand/big fandom(and RH. The others could be for other purposes or Wrecking Crew could even be for the returning stage given the case it has already expired)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It would be really funny to see the pokemon trainer attemp to catch a Djinn thinking it's a pokemon :dr^_^:
For sure haha, I almost added PT pulling out the pokedex only to have it say "Data Unavailable" or something...lol

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
I see a lot of people say this, but how could Birdo possible be a Yoshi echo? Yoshi uses his long tongue, Birdo doesn't have a tongue. Yoshi lays eggs after eating something, Birdo shoots infinite eggs out of her mouth. Yoshi also uses his tail, which Birdo doesn't have.
After what we saw with Chrom, I think it's possible. I would just add King dedede's/Kirbies ability instead, then instead of the egg popping out of... well... you know, she would just shoot them back out. As for the egg grenade I would just shoot the egg out of her mouth, and actually that would require less animation than Yoshi's move. Egg roll would be replaced all together with something else probably she's not a perfect echo, but she would be closer to a semi clone.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Exactly that is why I don't think so. There are still a number of popular IPs unrepresented and GS is basically the strongest contender right now with the trademark renewal so soon and the popular demand/big fandom(and RH. The others could be for other purposes or Wrecking Crew could even be for the returning stage given the case it has already expired)
Yeah. Smash Bros is always about Nintendo foremost.

So Golden sun still has a chance.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yeah. Smash Bros is always about Nintendo foremost.

So Golden sun still has a chance.
I'm glad to see your in good spirits kinda sad seeing most of ya so negative I'm happy it kinda turned around also...please change your profile lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was watching this video.
Near the end, Aaronitmar goes on a rant about how people are mad about Isabelle; which is fine, I myself find complaining about Isabelle to be kinda silly.

However...

"I know I went on kind of a rant there, but this is something I saw all over the internet, on Reddit, on Twitter; everyone seemed to be complaining about Isabelle's inclusion, and I just couldn't wrap my head around that. I mean, it's one thing to not really care for the character that gets in, it's another to really just absolutely hate the character that got in; tell anybody who likes the character that "they are dumb", that "this is a waste of a slot" and that we need to have a Generic Anime Swordsman instead of this cool dog that is a beloved character from one of Nintendo's most popular series."

...Is that (the bit I bolded) a veiled reference to Isaac? Because ***** I know you didn't just call Isaac a "Generic Anime Swordsman".

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't think the box theory is correct.

I feel like Nintendo is smart this time around with Smash.
Thing.png

(quick edit) I know it's missing like 2 characters, I just saw this on 4chan, so easy mode is 5 characters and hard mode is 3 one must be an echo)

I feel like if we have 5 slots left for fighters this is what we are going to see

From Verg we have Geno Pokemon and Ken so that's 3

Then we have Isaac (Top ballot choice)

Skull Kid or Shadow. One will be a fighter one will be a boss.

I am not that big of a Sonic fan, so I put Skull Kid here (However, I think Skull Kid could float around and be an annoying boss over a fighter too)

That is how I see it,
If not base Isaac is DLC if no AT. GS will be in Smash.

If you want to play along here is the template
4 newcomers and 1 echo is the rules

1537053492852.jpg

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of confused by box theory, can someone clarify for me? If the roster is only going to have 72 characters, haven't we already surpassed that number? Richter and Dark Pit are clearly shown on the box, meaning that echo fighters are on the box, so unless they take those characters off the box, that would make the number of characters on the box 74. I'm probably missing something big in my calculations, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Just realized that Pokemon Trainer and Mii Fighters would probably count as one space, putting the number at 70. Still skeptical about it however, since we're at the halfway point before release, and I'd expect character reveals to be skewed more towards the game's release.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm glad to see your in good spirits kinda sad seeing most of ya so negative I'm happy it kinda turned around also...please change your profile lol
NOooooooooooooo. AS much as I love looking at this brilliantly made stage, I still have to continue with losing the bet.

Until Isaac is eventually revealed.

I was watching this video.
Near the end, Aaronitmar goes on a rant about how people are mad about Isabelle; which is fine, I myself find complaining about Isabelle to be kinda silly.

However...

"I know I went on kind of a rant there, but this is something I saw all over the internet, on Reddit, on Twitter; everyone seemed to be complaining about Isabelle's inclusion, and I just couldn't wrap my head around that. I mean, it's one thing to not really care for the character that gets in, it's another to really just absolutely hate the character that got in; tell anybody who likes the character that "they are dumb", that "this is a waste of a slot" and that we need to have a Generic Anime Swordsman instead of this cool dog that is a beloved character from one of Nintendo's most popular series."

...Is that (the bit I bolded) a veiled reference to Isaac? Because ***** I know you didn't just call Isaac a "Generic Anime Swordsman".
Isn't this the guy who said isaac had a chance to be revealed? And now he's being a complete asshole and trying to paint Isaac as "Generic".

He's the same guy who said "I don't know a lot about isaac, so please tell me why Isaac would be a good choice in the comments below."

So much for staying neutral. What ignorance.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
NOooooooooooooo. AS much as I love looking at this brilliantly made stage, I still have to continue with losing the bet.

Until Isaac is eventually revealed.

Isn't this the guy who said isaac had a chance to be revealed? And now he's being a complete ******* and trying to paint Isaac as "Generic".

He's the same guy who said "I don't know a lot about isaac, so please tell me why Isaac would be a good choice in the comments below."

So much for staying neutral. What ignorance.
I mean there's a chance he ain't talking about Isaac you never know could be rex

Q-Long

Smash Lord
If you want to play along here is the template
4 newcomers and 1 echo is the rules

I actually want Bandana Dee a lot... but I must do this...

I PLACE MONSTER REBORN IN MY SPELL CARD ZONE AND REVIVE-

also i'm sorry ken but *British Accent* I have a score to settle with BROTHERRR

(This is what I want, not what I think will happen)

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Whenever anyone uses the “just another swordsman” argument, I swear I feel physical pain. It confirms right away that they don’t know jack about Golden Sun, considering it becomes clear in just the first HOUR that he’s way more than that. Pretty damn hypocritical of him to say they should stop hating on a character and then immediately start hating on another character right after.

On a lighter note, what would you guys rather: Isaac is the final reveal, or he’s fighter number...69.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Whenever anyone uses the “just another swordsman” argument, I swear I feel physical pain. It confirms right away that they don’t know jack about Golden Sun, considering it becomes clear in just the first HOUR that he’s way more than that. Pretty damn hypocritical of him to say they should stop hating on a character and then immediately start hating on another character right after.

On a lighter note, what would you guys rather: Isaac is the final reveal, or he’s fighter number...69.
I'd be upset if Isaac didn't get revealed, but I'd be even more upset if he got revealed and wasn't fighter 69.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean there's a chance he ain't talking about Isaac you never know could be rex
Actually, i know he was talking about him. And not rex.

1. He inluded Isaac on his original "Final Roster Prediction" video.
2. He reported on the Famitsu column where he talked on Fighters and the ballot and how it affected the choosing of the characters. And that's probably why he didn't include Rex on his list.
3. He pointed out the Rathalos tweet and talked on how it could be a hint for further things to come.
4. Who's franchise was trending the day of the direct?

So, And since i can't think of any anime swordsman at the moment, i'd say he's referring to Isaac.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

I'd rather see him as the 70 buuut the meme potential of being 69 is just hilarious and would be so fitting considering how this thread has gone ahaha

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Actually, i know he was talking about him. And not rex.

1. He inluded Isaac on his original "Final Roster Prediction" video.
2. He reported on the Famitsu column where he talked on Fighters and the ballot and how it affected the . And that's probably why he didn't include Rex on his list.
3. He pointed out the Rathalos tweet and talked on how it could be a hint for further things to come.
4. Who's franchise was trending the day of the direct?

So, And since i can't think of any anime swordsman at the moment, i'd say he's referring to Isaac.
Okay well ya got me there I never cared for his vids anys but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

I'm not convinced he is talking about Isaac. Since "generic anime swordsman" are very common buzzwords, he could be speaking generally to defend Isabelle rather than calling somebody specific out, but in a video meant to stop hate, he shouldn't be dealing it back out in any form.

I just want him to be playable. If he's got some memes surrounding him as #69, that's nice, but I don't care what number he is or when he shows up as long as he's in. That's all I need and I'll wait until the very last DLC character for him.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'd also like to call out NintenGex of Source Gaming as well.

Recently spoke on twitter, and thought Bandana Dee would be more interesting than a "blonde Swordsman throwing Rocks."

JonTron_Look2.gif

That is a really dumb assumption on his part. like, really dumb.

(Oh and he also might have a hatred for Dixie in smash apparently. That's an immediate no-no.)

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It likely is Isaac since if one was to just look him up, he holds a sword and nothing on his design would ever make you guess he would use earth bending abilities. Also the trademark made Isaac get more hype as the potential/expected reveal compared to any of the other speculated newcomers at the time.

If the rumors are to believed that Isaac was cut from the direct, then that means he should be the next fighter after Isabelle, which would make him 69. Though I'm sure whoever gets that roster number would get tons of memes for it.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
[
I'd rather see him as the 70 buuut the meme potential of being 69 is just hilarious and would be so fitting considering how this thread has gone ahaha
But that's exactly why we all love this thread, am I right or am I right?

edit: stupid keyboard

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Too bad he can't be #50.

If the rumors are to believed that Isaac was cut from the direct, then that means he should be the next fighter after Isabelle, which would make him 69. Though I'm sure whoever gets that roster number would get tons of memes for it.
I've gone back and forth on him being cut from the direct. An AC tease is a good way to close out with some hype, and it would make sense to have just Isabelle since she doesn't have one of those "Smash first" fanbases like Isaac, who would go over many casuals' heads.

At the same time though, that whole vibe and tease would fit much better in the opening since it had a slow build-up. It would still work to have Isabelle in the opening and somebody more hype at the end (like Ridley and K. Rool) since Isabelle is #68. I do believe if they made a major change we didn't know about, it was Isaac being removed rather than something with Torna or another game since earthquakes would be an immediate no-no.

Top Bottom