• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
the worst i have heard was in a comments section, it was a reaction to the announcement of the Belmonts....

"Simon Belmont really? who cares about these washed up geezers anymore?"

it was not exactly that, but something like that. like damn... castlevania is legendary guys. and washed up?

man, imagine a game without captain falcon, little mac, rob, ice climbers, etc...

It's a gap in the generation of Nintendo fans that is all.

Look at the age group of who is supporting who.

Maybe a "Golden Sun Collection" with GS, TLA, and DD all on it (with added features and amiibo support) for the Switch?
I would rather gs 1/2 made into one game like how it was suppose to be from the start. Without the GBA limits the switch could make Wayward a much better place. Towns and citys and such

GS1/2 needs to be remade to talk about the ancient civilizations, hint at Dark vs light, etc etc. DD could be remade into GS4. Combine those 2 games and cut the filler from DD

just follow up from dark dawn. "aaaahhhh no, bad game bad bad game bad!" they can improve the faults DD had. like sequels should do.
DD story is all over the place. It was the "soft reboot" People should of been able to play DD without playing GS1/2
However, things don't add up and it's so much filler talk.

GS needs to be rebooted. Start from the ground up again.

I know I haven't popped up in this thread much, but I'm also rooting for Isaac.

Would you guys want him to use multiple Psynergy types or stick just to Earth element and the Hands? Because I could see the one attack were he jumps into the air and crashes down like a burning Meteor as a recovery move.

And I think the hands can act as a tether grab.
Psynergy should be earth focused. But then again, if he has all 4 djinns he can do what he wants. It's all about what will make Isaac play and feel well. I think focusing on one psynergy will make things easier.

Super Smash Flash is a good starting idea of how Isaac should fight

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
It's a gap in the generation of Nintendo fans that is all.

Look at the age group of who is supporting who.

I would rather gs 1/2 made into one game like how it was suppose to be from the start. Without the GBA limits the switch could make Wayward a much better place. Towns and citys and such

GS1/2 needs to be remade to talk about the ancient civilizations, hint at Dark vs light, etc etc. DD could be remade into GS4. Combine those 2 games and cut the filler from DD

DD story is all over the place. It was the "soft reboot" People should of been able to play DD without playing GS1/2
However, things don't add up and it's so much filler talk.

GS needs to be rebooted. Start from the ground up again.

Psynergy should be earth focused. But then again, if he has all 4 djinns he can do what he wants. It's all about what will make Isaac play and feel well. I think focusing on one psynergy will make things easier.

It's funny you say the gap because I should want half the picks my gen wants but I don't I'm born 1997 I didn't grow up with NES and SNES N64 and all that gba ds mostly handhelds and I want the gba era to get the respect that it deserves

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
No matter who he's talking about, he's clearly biased towards Isabelle.

He says "Cool Dog" to refer to Isabelle and "Generic Anime Swordsman" to refer to... whoever he's talking about... (Isaac, Rex... whoever).

This stuck out to me immediately. It is not the language an unbiased person uses.

Again, strawman. It's pretty clear that he has shown his true colors, and broke the illusion of him being "genuine".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah I can see that. I was thinking that an Earth Focus would be for the best. But there's no ignoring that he also has access to the other 3 given the circumstances of the game's mechanics.

For example, Punji Trap would make for a good Up Smash type of move. I could see Spire as a Down Air, maybe by jumping off a spiked rock and it's a Meteor Smash of some kind. And maybe growth would act as a Down Smash of sorts.

EDIT: Judgement is obviously the FS.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Switch, GS4 won't happen unless they treat it as a prequel

We would need a reboot of the series 1/2 before we get a 4
I see both happening. Issac's ballot response is enough for them to see that Isaac is popular to start up work on GS again. They wouldn't have to wait for a Smash appearance since by the time he's in, he'll only grow more recognizable and popular. While they're working on the concept of Golden Sun 4 (since it obvs won't be out right away), in the mean time they could make the previous titles available on one console and have everyone up to speed for whenever Golden Sun 4 arrives.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
One thing I somewhat wonder is that Captain Falcon has been in Smash since the beginning, but when his series died, only a handful of people kept on asking Nintendo for more and getting their voices out there, even though he's very iconic in Smash.

How would we prevent the same for happening for Isaac?

As in, how would we encourage people to ask Nintendo/Camelot for more Golden Sun stuffs?

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
I see both happening. Issac's ballot response is enough for them to see that Isaac is popular to start up work on GS again. They wouldn't have to wait for a Smash appearance since by the time he's in, he'll only grow more recognizable and popular. While they're working on the concept of Golden Sun 4 (since it obvs won't be out right away), in the mean time they could make the previous titles available on one console and have everyone up to speed for whenever Golden Sun 4 arrives.
I'd like to believe this as well. However, Ivan here did have a point that if he's deconfirmed, we might lose a lot of traction despite the rapid increase in Golden Sun's attention. That's simply in a worst case scenario, mind you, yet it might be a good idea to push for GS 1+2 remastered and/or GS 4, (preferably GS 1+2 remastered because they don't really have the original team together, and they'd have a guideline to follow, allowing them to get a better idea, and more experience with Golden Sun as a whole) around now and further onwards, regardless of the outcome. Furthermore, we have all gathered together regardless, so it might be a good opportunity for us.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
You're reincarnated and have to name yourself after a djinn.

Which do you pick?

I call Gears!

Again, strawman. It's pretty clear that he has shown his true colors, and broke the illusion of him being "genuine".
Arguing with him is not going to impact Isaac's chances, but yeah what a dum dum

Who complains about anime swordsmen in a japanese game crossover? What's next? Complaining about karate users in a fighting game?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've been making spreadsheet for all the different Golden Sun classes (at least the GS:LA ones).

Turns out every character has the same number of classes (33 classes not including the item-dependant ones, which bumps the number up to 45).

Every Adept Type misses out on one Tri-Elemental Combination:
Venus Adepts can't combine Venus, Jupiter and Mercury (they must include Mars Djinn)​
Mars Adepts can't combine Mars, Jupiter and Mercury (they must include Venus Djinn).​
Jupiter Adepts can't combine Jupiter, Venus and Mars (they must include Mercury Djinn).​
Mercury Adepts can't combine Mercury, Venus and Mars (they must include Jupiter Djinn).​

While this seems like an oversight or laziness on the part of Camelot, it's actually a subtle case of Gameplay and Story Integration; it is a plot point in Golden Sun that Venus & Mars and Jupiter & Mercury share symbiotic relationships, turns out you need that symbiotic boost to access the Tri-Elemental Classes.

Just something interesting I thought I'd drop on you guys.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Which do you pick?

I call Gears!
Oh geez, uh...

Is "Diamond" a Djinn? *looks it up*

Turns out it isn't, hurrah.

Picking one from the existing ones (I thought it had to be a non-existing Djinn), uh... Brick.

I actually made a list of "bonus" Djinn to fill in the Djinn list from Dark Dawn with new Djinn rather than the old ones many years ago.

I... know I still have it, but I don't know where it is in my computer.

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
God damn, I can't go anywhere now without seeing people harassing Isaac and Geno fans. It's like being unhappy about Isabelle is some cardinal sin to the almighty Nintendo and Isaac and Geno fans are seen as the poster children of all the haters. I feel defeated seeing all the insults to these fanbases. Just because a few people are being assholes about Isabelle doesn't mean the rest of us deserve hatred for wanting to see our requested characters get some love after years of neglect. It's very upsetting.

EDIT: Ironically, this is exactly what the Ridley and K Rool fans had gone through over the last 10 or so years, so maybe I should be a little more positive, lol.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Just because a few people are being ******** about Isabelle doesn't mean the rest of us deserve hatred for wanting to see our requested characters get some love after years of neglect. It's very upsetting.

EDIT: Ironically, this is exactly what the Ridley and K Rool fans had gone through over the last 10 or so years, so maybe I should be a little more positive, lol.
yeah lol, worst part of the internet pretty much.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
God damn, I can't go anywhere now without seeing people harassing Isaac and Geno fans. It's like being unhappy about Isabelle is some cardinal sin to the almighty Nintendo and Isaac and Geno fans are seen as the poster children of all the haters. I feel defeated seeing all the insults to these fanbases. Just because a few people are being ******** about Isabelle doesn't mean the rest of us deserve hatred for wanting to see our requested characters get some love after years of neglect. It's very upsetting.

Not much is gonna change that. People like to project their frustration on others. So some people who don't like Isabelle, then some of the supporters need a face to assign that hate to. Isaac and Geno I guess are just the scapegoats or something.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Something that's still bugging me about the Golden Sun trademark extension: Why did they extend it two years in a row? Usually such an extension is good for a decade or so. I mean, if these were regularly extended every year for every IP, nobody would pay them any attention.
Wait, when was the last time they extended it?Trademarks last 10 years in Japan..

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

Which do you pick?

I call Gears!

Arguing with him is not going to impact Isaac's chances, but yeah what a dum dum

Who complains about anime swordsmen in a japanese game crossover? What's next? Complaining about karate users in a fighting game?
I'd go with Flint, kind of a regular ish name

KMDP

Smash Legend
God damn, I can't go anywhere now without seeing people harassing Isaac and Geno fans. It's like being unhappy about Isabelle is some cardinal sin to the almighty Nintendo and Isaac and Geno fans are seen as the poster children of all the haters. I feel defeated seeing all the insults to these fanbases. Just because a few people are being ******** about Isabelle doesn't mean the rest of us deserve hatred for wanting to see our requested characters get some love after years of neglect. It's very upsetting.

This is just the "relevancy" argument rearing it's ugly head again.
I've been making spreadsheet for all the different Golden Sun classes (at least the GS:LA ones).

Turns out every character has the same number of classes (33 classes not including the item-dependant ones, which bumps the number up to 45).

Every Adept Type misses out on one Tri-Elemental Combination:
Venus Adepts can't combine Venus, Jupiter and Mercury (they must include Mars Djinn)​
Mars Adepts can't combine Mars, Jupiter and Mercury (they must include Venus Djinn).​
Jupiter Adepts can't combine Jupiter, Venus and Mars (they must include Mercury Djinn).​
Mercury Adepts can't combine Mercury, Venus and Mars (they must include Jupiter Djinn).​
As an extension to this, if you were hypothetically able to mix use these "off-limit" combinations:
Venus Adepts could use the Medium class tree (w/ White Mage, Conjurer [Tri], Pure Mage and Dark Mage).​
Mars Adepts could use the Ranger class tree (w/ Bard and Warlock)​
Jupiter Adepts could use the Ninja class tree (w/ Samurai, Disciple, Ronin and Master)​
Mercury Adepts could use the Dragoon class tree (w/ Templar and Paladin)​
Yes, Mars and Mercury would get the short end of the stick with this, Medium and Ninja get two branches depending on which element you choose to focus on, while Ranger and Dragoon only get one.

Adding extra classes to Ranger and Dragoon is definitely something I'd do if I was remaking Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
April of 2017. I made a post about it awhile back.
Why would they renew the trademark in such a short timeframe... Can someone confirm if they did this before smash WiiU? Like, how many months before the game's release the GS trademark was renewed? We might, MIGHT have some gold here boys

Confirmation

Smash Ace
People are gonna rag on others until a Direct comes around and sinks a theory. I don't care if it's 103 stages, box, or music, just sink one please.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
People are gonna rag on others until a Direct comes around and sinks a theory. I don't care if it's 103 stages, box, or music, just sink one please.
I hope the box one is the first to sink, people are already having a hard time processing the last direct (not because anyone hates Isabelle, but because of her semi/unique status I believe) and then everyone is at each other's throats about only having 1 more newcomer aside of Ken, it is pretty deflating for everyone, except, maybe, Incineroar

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Whee sleeping for over 12 hours... really makes it hard to catch up. :p
My 10 spots would be:
Uniques
1. You know who :)
Voldemort? :O

Bandana Dee is one of my most wanted newcomers and the whole "hat Goomba" argument just always bugs me to no end. Bandana Dee is a unique character with unique lines that just happens to be the same species as a basic enemy. That would be the same as someone arguing that Marth shouldn't be in because he's the same species as the enemies in his game (which are humans).
Oh sure, so says the "hat Ganon". :p

I know I haven't popped up in this thread much, but I'm also rooting for Isaac.

Would you guys want him to use multiple Psynergy types or stick just to Earth element and the Hands? Because I could see the one attack were he jumps into the air and crashes down like a burning Meteor as a recovery move.

And I think the hands can act as a tether grab.
I could imagine one of two ways:
Neutral B is similar to shulk's Neutral in changing symbols. Depending on the Djinn, the moves change slightly.
For instance Up+B could be Quake(?), Frost (Ice pillar, causes freezing), Whirlwind(causes opponents to be blown up or away) or Volcano(burns opponents) depending.

Or it could just be simplified and only have him use Earth psynergy/stuff he can learn via other classes he can be.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I hope the box one is the first to sink, people are already having a hard time processing the last direct (not because anyone hates Isabelle, but because of her semi/unique status I believe) and then everyone is at each other's throats about only having 1 more newcomer aside of Ken, it is pretty deflating for everyone, except, maybe, Incineroar
About Isabelle, I've seen far more posts complaining about other people complaining about her than posts actually complaining about her. Personally, I was super hyped to see that she wasn't just an echo fighter AND we got an AC game confirmed. AC fans have been mistreated for years man, it's been lame.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
About Isabelle, I've seen far more posts complaining about other people complaining about her than posts actually complaining about her. Personally, I was super hyped to see that she wasn't just an echo fighter AND we got an AC game confirmed. AC fans have been mistreated for years man, it's been lame.
AC fans haven't been mistreated compared to F-Zero fans, lol. I'm a F-Zero fan myself. I'm sure we were going to get a new AC game at some point.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Well I asked just a bit ago, and I received maybe?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77007598
Corocoro scans, 108 stages??
Well, this would kill two birds (103 stages and box theory since five stages aren't happening with only one more character) with one stone, and I'd be grinning like a mad man about it. We gotta wait for a higher quality scan to prove this is legit, though. People have pointed out the line in the middle of the "8" could be a sign of foul play.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Well I asked just a bit ago, and I received maybe?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77007598
Corocoro scans, 108 stages??
If it's real I wonder what they are. Hopefully Venus Lighthouse is one.

Pokemon must be getting a stage probably. Must be a new IP or two getting one too. Two series that havent gotten a stage in a while are F-Zero and Star Fox.

Kirby has evolved alot since then too and I see it getting one. Metroid could use a brighter location that isnt dark or lava.

Also maybe a stage is one from a franchise that wont be represented with a fighter. Like electroplankton in brawl.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If it's real I wonder what they are. Hopefully Venus Lighthouse is one.

Pokemon must be getting a stage probably. Must be a new IP or two getting one too. Two series that havent gotten a stage in a while are F-Zero and Star Fox.

Kirby has evolved alot since then too and I see it getting one. Metroid could use a brighter location that isnt dark or lava.

Also maybe a stage is one from a franchise that wont be represented with a fighter. Like electroplankton in brawl.
If this is real...
Then this kills the box theory and the stage theory.

Top Bottom