• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
GS, RH, and Wrecking Crew are three awfully specific things to trademark at the same time. That alone seems to imply that there are more characters in the game then just two. Besides, they can just use the back of the box if they need more space.
Given that, if Isaac and Foreman Spike ever got revealed, I'd be happy and laugh my butt off in that order.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Since we got the Direct out of the way, I'm now interested in exploring rumors as to when the next Smash Direct will be? I'm hoping for a surprise announcement at the end of September, or early October. At least with a Smash Direct, there will be more material to digest than just "trailer to set up another game".
Well there's a "leak"going around that a trailer that was supposed to come after the AC announcement will be just dropped later in the month. Sounds like wishful thinking, but within the realm of possibility, I suppose.

Other than that I'm predicting a short if not mini smash direct in October. Two uniques and an echo, they talk about the function of amiibo in the game and tease the house mode again.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
An alchemical circle with mini-djinnis would be awesome for a collector. Maybe with a summon statue to put in the center

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That's enough talk about boxes

Unless you guys want to talk about a special edition box for golden sun remakes :love:

I would buy the hell out of a golden sun collector's edition if they ended up making one
Yup, I don’t even buy collectors editions and I’d buy one for Golden Sun.

Little Djinn figurines would be incredible. Plus I’ve always wanted an official Jupiter Djinni. I want one so badly! They’re so adorable! :love:

Also a physical and downloadable version of the games soundtrack. Obviously.

Also maybe a custom Switch bundle with a golden dock and screen with decals of our main protags. Then four joycons each with a unique color: Red, blue, purple and brown with a decal of the respective Djinn on each joycon. Heh.

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Since we got the Direct out of the way, I'm now interested in exploring rumors as to when the next Smash Direct will be? I'm hoping for a surprise announcement at the end of September, or early October. At least with a Smash Direct, there will be more material to digest than just "trailer to set up another game".
Well considering that the Isabelle showcase, lost some hype for the smash community. I'd expect to probably see something fairly soon. The smash community are still the number one group of consumers that Nintendo wants to reach for this game. Putting Isabelle in smash only increases the consumer potential now that Animal Crossing fans who potentially don't even play smash, now have a reason to.

So I'm thinking late September or the beginning of October for the next reveal.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well there's a "leak"going around that a trailer that was supposed to come after the AC announcement will be just dropped later in the month. Sounds like wishful thinking, but within the realm of possibility, I suppose.

Other than that I'm predicting a short if not mini smash direct in October. Two uniques and an echo, they talk about the function of amiibo in the game and tease the house mode again.
That rumor might be worth following, if they used a reliable source. It's all we have to go on from until the big N sites say anything.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

I want Isaac more but I would not mind Foreman Spike. He's one of the more fascinating retro characters.

Like, Takamaru is cool and so is Mach Rider, but similar characters to them exist. Foreman Spike? I can't think of any other villainous construction worker in gaming. Same goes for Ice Climbers... no other hikers who beat up polar bears exist in fiction lol. I wouldn't mind if Sakurai gave them the Uprising treatment.

Shin F.

Smash Master
You know, if another trailer did get dropped from the Direct due to the earthquake, that might explain the incredible simplicity and awkwardly slow pace of Isabelle's trailer. They could've been intentionally padding it out to fill the space so that the Direct was still the same length. With only a week to make a new trailer, of course it would be incredibly simple, with little or no CGI. And if it were filler, that would explain why Animal Crossing was announced with nothing but a working logo.

Edit: Not that I'm saying it was changed, simply that it's feasible.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
You know, if another trailer did get dropped from the Direct due to the earthquake, that might explain the incredible simplicity and awkwardly slow pace of Isabelle's trailer. They could've been intentionally padding it out to fill the space so that the Direct was still the same length. With only a week to make a new trailer, of course it would be incredibly simple, with little or no CGI. And if it were filler, that would explain why Animal Crossing was announced with nothing but a working logo.

Interesting but Animal crossing for switch got a CGI trailer though

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I want Isaac more but I would not mind Foreman Spike. He's one of the more fascinating retro characters.

Like, Takamaru is cool and so is Mach Rider, but similar characters to them exist. Foreman Spike? I can't think of any other villainous construction worker in gaming. Same goes for Ice Climbers... no other hikers who beat up polar bears exist in fiction lol. I wouldn't mind if Sakurai gave them the Uprising treatment.
I honestly wonder which design he would go for, the burly Bluto type, or the '98 Waluigi-esque one.

Also, Stoic Seraphim has struck again, though without referencing Isabelle's previous AT status:

DnGWgo3U8AEupvM.jpg large.jpg

Shin F.

Smash Master
Interesting but Animal crossing for switch got a CGI trailer though
Right, but I'm talking like the high-fidelity CGI like in Smash trailers. The models and animations for the Animal Crossing trailer were incredibly simplistic and slow-paced. A static environment with only one moving character and simple lighting, with a straight-on camera angle... easy to throw together in a week. And honestly, there's no reason to question that because it's fitting for Animal Crossing. But that's exactly why it's the perfect kind of trailer to use if you want to pad out some time. Again, not saying that they did that, just that if they did it was a really clever move on their part.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
After the direct I've noticed that a bunch of people think that Isaac and skull kid have less of a chance of being in smash and bandana dee's chances are higher...where are they basing these claims from?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys
what would be your reaction if the next Smash dedicated direct they show Matthew as a AT?

For me I would be "HE IS COMING! HE IS COMING! THE GOLDEN SUN IS RISING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (explosion sounds)

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Guys
what would be your reaction if the next Smash dedicated direct they show Matthew as a AT?

For me I would be "HE IS COMING! HE IS COMING! THE GOLDEN SUN IS RISING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" (explosion sounds)
idk, that wouldn't confirm him. More like if Jenna, Piers, Ivan, Felix, Wise One, Briggs (lol), etc. was the assist

Best trailer music would be Isaac theme or Saturos theme, but I was thinking it would be fun to start with a Sakuraba Motoi rendition of the Rathalos theme

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Last comment (I think?) from the box theory. They left the exact same 2 blank spaces that the website has (3 if not counting Isabelle) and though it seems weird that they skipped between Corin it just could be a thought from the Mkt team that eventually one of those characters can get an echo. So it seems they are basing themselves off of the website and no extra information has been given (maybe because Sakurai fears something like ESRB)

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice

Isabelle as a character would be for humorous purposes in the story mode. If she did end up having a high quality CG trailer, that might give away some of those humorous scenes for the story mode. That's if those trailers are actually in game cut scenes. I feel that they probably would not want to show anything of that quality for her reveal anyway. I think what they did with her was perfect. She's not a character that screams major hype for the game, but fun in general.

I think we'll get that next Smash Direct sooner than we may think.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I could see us getting the Smash Direct before the special edition launches in November, just as some extra marketing for the smash switch, and because I still find it weird that the console is launching a month before launch (I know it's to capitalize on Black Friday but still, it's odd).

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Right, but I'm talking like the high-fidelity CGI like in Smash trailers. The models and animations for the Animal Crossing trailer were incredibly simplistic and slow-paced. A static environment with only one moving character and simple lighting, with a straight-on camera angle... easy to throw together in a week. And honestly, there's no reason to question that because it's fitting for Animal Crossing. But that's exactly why it's the perfect kind of trailer to use if you want to pad out some time. Again, not saying that they did that, just that if they did it was a really clever move on their part.
Oh ok, I know nothing about CGI animation but now you say it it indeed looked very simple.

In the case they in fact replaced what was originally gonna be revealed, Isabelle may just have been revealed like echoes were without this little introduction. But it's hard to say since she's not echo yet kind of a clone.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Guys

I would think Isaac's chances go higher and higher, the only reason I see for Matthew (or any other GS characters for that matter) to become an assist trophy is because Isaac left the GS At spot empty so he must be playable. That would be my train of thought

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman

Source? Definitely sounds too good to be true but idk

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would think Isaac's chances go higher and higher, the only reason I see for Matthew (or any other GS characters for that matter) to become an assist trophy is because Isaac left the GS At spot empty so he must be playable. That would be my train of thought
In order to have foreshadowing that leads up to Isaac's reveal ala K. Rool, are there any items iconic to the series? Although one of the Djinns would also do the job well enough.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I could see us getting the Smash Direct before the special edition launches in November, just as some extra marketing for the smash switch, and because I still find it weird that the console is launching a month before launch (I know it's to capitalize on Black Friday but still, it's odd).
I feel that's odd. I don't know if we have ever had a bundle release before the game is available and it just seems a weird move? I can understand the black Friday thing but it would still release in perfect time for the holidays so?? Idk. I just hope you are right and we receive something sooner rather than later just to see if we finally fall out from the 103 stages and the box's only 2 newcomers. Even a trailer could potentially do

alguidrag

Smash Ace
wait... NINTENDO SWITCHS CAN GET BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
In order to have foreshadowing that leads up to Isaac's reveal ala K. Rool, are there any items iconic to the series? Although one of the Djinns would also do the job well enough.
I would think a character would be the most recognizable but it could be a Djinn, or maybe even a weapon but I'd see it as a stretch. There are the rings or the bestowing items but don't see how they could work

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, business as usual then.

Now granted there is still a chance that a standalone trailer could pop up around this month's last week regardless of any dubious leaks, otherwise maybe something will happen on early October.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So, business as usual then.

Now granted there is still a chance that a standalone trailer could pop up around this month's last week regardless of any dubious leaks, otherwise maybe something will happen on early October.
Debatable. We didn't get anything new about Smash between E3 and the August Direct, which was almost two months of waiting. I really wouldn't put it past Nintendo to hold off on any more Smash until the end of October at the earliest.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I feel October is the earliest we will get and it will probably be at the end, maybe even a standalone trailer or something else. If not, November for sure will bring a Direct

Sordim522

Smash Cadet
I almost feel like we’ll get a Smash direct in October and then one more “blow-out” at the end on November before launch and Black Friday. Just seems like too much content potentially left for one more direct. Or it could be me being overly optimistic.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I feel October is the earliest we will get and it will probably be at the end, maybe even a standalone trailer or something else. If not, November for sure will bring a Direct
Maybe a streamed trailer like the lucina and robin one?… who knows, it's definitely possible.
So far it's been like:
Inkling => ridley => Simon => k rool => isabelle
Maybe October a streamed trailer of one good guy + a rival guy, and then again the same thing in november but as a smash direct where the myserious mode and such are also revealed.
Best case scenario if that was how it would go, could be Isaac or Geno + Incineroar or Skull kid , one of each for each month.
Dunno, we don't know how things will be revealed next really… at least the wait won't be long now. Compared to previous smash games lol.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like the main reason we'd get a trailer drop later this month would be if they really did end up cutting a character reveal from the direct.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Last edited:

Zalaresh

Smash Apprentice
Debatable. We didn't get anything new about Smash between E3 and the August Direct, which was almost two months of waiting. I really wouldn't put it past Nintendo to hold off on any more Smash until the end of October at the earliest.
I can see the logic in that. I wouldn't put it passed Nintendo to let us wait quite awhile then jam the rest of the content down our throats closer to the holiday's. I'ts also possible that if we do get a smash direct at the beginning of October that the content within the Direct will be focused on additional modes in the game rather than character reveals. Mind you he might throw in one or two echos at us to pacify the fan base. But we have lots of time until then. We are only halfway through September, and we have two and a half months until release. That's quite a bit of time. So I wouldn't worry to much right now about Isaac's chances, or when we could get the Direct. Lets just keep encouraging the community about Golden Sun and keep promoting, playing the game, and spreading the word.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I feel like the main reason we'd get a trailer drop later this month would be if they really did end up cutting a character reveal from the direct.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.
If I had to be honest, I believe these are what we have left for characters in the base game.

4 complete newcomers. 5 echos. 2 semi clones.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Seeing how the last Smash Direct went, I expect the same with the next one, they sure know how to make hype and the last one proved to them that it works perfectly in this way:
1. Starts with a "New character" CGI + gameplay
2. New content for the game, (minigames, mini-modes?)
3. Some echo to raise even more the hype
4. More new content, probably Story Mode
5. Final surprise: another "New Character" CGI even more surprising than the initial one.

Edit: also they probably would want to sell hype even more knowing the Switch bundle is released 1 month before the actual game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm at work at the moment, but it was 4chan. I think his only information was that Isaac was dropped from the direct and would be shown later. Nothing concrete, just another text leak on 4chan
Eh, it gives us another day or two of things to discuss.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I don't know about this theory that a reveal trailer was cut. The direct was the same length after the delay wasn't it? Although they could have extended or added new parts to it to make it the same length as before but I doubt that

Last edited:
Top Bottom